Antawn Jamison Discussion: Cockroach

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Struggling or Lost in Shuffle?

Postby nthydro on Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:36 am

Jamison has gotten plenty of opportunities to assert himself. It's his fault he's not being aggressive. Most of the time when he catches the ball, he's not even looking to make an offensive move, he just passes it right away. Now I understand he might be trying to run the Princeton or whatever, but when the second unit is struggling, he needs to take matters in his own hands. Not relinquishing shots to guys like Sacre, Ebanks or Hill. You guys saying he's not getting enough minutes but when he's out there doing absolutely nothing on offense while being a liability on D, then he doesn't deserve more minutes.

We all know he's capable of much more than this. He just needs to be more assertive.
nthydro

Postby khmrP on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:11 am

the offense gets NONE of our bench involved, Hill trys to do to much some times other then that nobody on our bench is getting utilized period.
Last edited by khmrP on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
khmrP

Postby nthydro on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:39 am

khmrP wrote:the offense gets NONE of our bench involved, Hill trys to do to mcuh somethings other then that nobody on our bench is getting utilized period.

You freak dat doe booooiiii
nthydro

Postby c.Lin on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:19 pm

I really want to see Antawn get a little more aggressive on the offensive end when he gets into the game. He's not looking to do anything offensively right now. Run some plays for him. Spot him up for some shots. Something.
c.Lin

Postby Lakers808 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:45 am

unfortunately so far, this guy is a scrub, he's just a little or no upgrade from josh mcroberts and troy murphy :bang:
Lakers808

Postby Ariza3 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:58 am

he needs time with nash. i feel like once our players get the princeton down (whenever that is...) nash will be able to do what he wants bc he doesnt have to worry about guys learning and he can set others up as well as run the princeton. jamison will benefit from that as well as more minutes.

i think the bench should run a different traditional offense rather than princeton. get them to learn it just so that they can play it if they have to start due to injuries but after that have them run traditional offense pnr etc and let guys like meeks and jamison and even ebanks thrive.

honestly its just about time...but laker fans are not patient...myself included. it looks terrible now and alot has to do with turnovers and defense. offense is fine...when jamison starts to get himself going...slowly he has very slowly nothing yet though..then the offense will be nuts.
Ariza3

Postby streamline on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:13 am

i don't get it. it honestly seems simple enough...nash and jamison pnr or hell, even blake and jamison pnr. the team isn't really giving him any open looks. the second unit plays hot potato then someone either jacks up a shot or by some miracle is left open. if jamison can get some easy shots i'm sure that would do wonders for his game.
streamline

Postby JLaker17 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:18 am

You know as bad as Jamison is playing, I can't help but also think that it is Brown's fault.
JLaker17

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:39 am

Agreed. It must be obvious to Jim and Mitch that Brown is causing players to be shells of themselves.

Nash is all of a sudden someone who can't shoot or dish?

Meeks is suddenly a total scrub like Glock? a healthy scratch when Kobe is injured????

Jamison, a former all-star who has played with superstars and dropped 50 in a game, is suddenly totally lost and gun shy when he has open shots??

Brown is killing their confidence. Killing ALL JOY they each have in playing this game. They never look like they are having fun. Not once this season. Teams with many new players like Dallas, Utah, Brooklyn, and even the Hornets are coming together nicely and having fun on the court.

A team of Howard, Nash, Kobe, and Gasol can't close out a 4th quarter against the Sac queens? Really?

Why can't anyone see how bad brown and these other clown coaches are?

Offense is new. Ok. Defense too. Ok. But rotations and minutes? No excuse for that. I don't even think the guys like playing for Brown. That is another problem. Today will be interesting -- to see how the team responds. But we know it will be short lived even if they win. They are not winning in Utah...

Change will come - it must
tigerjeterkobe

Postby JLaker17 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:41 pm

Another night of him doing...nothing.
JLaker17

Postby therealdeal on Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:47 pm

He's got the same disease as Nash and Blake: teammate.

When you have a micromanaging coach like Brown, guys that want to be good teammates lose themselves in the shuffle of the game. They're too determined to make the coach happy and the team better and they don't assert themselves.

They have to not only be granted freedom, but they have to be encouraged too.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:01 pm

glad he got some shots up towards the end. maybe that'll get him going. duhon worked well with him as well as with Meeks. those 3 could be a good unit with Jordan hill getting all the rebounds if they miss.
Ariza3

Postby karacha on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:05 pm

Brown doesn't know how to play him.

But Jamison did finish with 6/5/1 and 1 steal today, which is not horrible. Duhon/Meeks/Ebanks/Jamison/Hill please. Those guys should get minutes.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:05 pm

We need him to look to score more.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby therealdeal on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:11 pm

He started to hit a groove towards the end there with Duhon. I guess he plays better when he's got a PG on the floor instead of Morris. Go figure.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:16 pm

therealdeal wrote:He started to hit a groove towards the end there with Duhon. I guess he plays better when he's got a PG on the floor instead of Morris. Go figure.

No kidding. :man10:

How do you get 10 ppg from Jamison? Play him with Duhon. And Dwight, so he can stretch the floor for the big fella.

How do you get 5-6 assists from your backup PG? You play Duhon with Jamison and Dwight.

How complicated. :man10:

:man3:

:man6:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby solenstyle on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:16 pm

The guy sucks. You can't blame Mike Brown for him sucking. The only reason why he scored last season is because he chucked. He was inefficient last season.
solenstyle

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:18 pm

therealdeal wrote:He started to hit a groove towards the end there with Duhon. I guess he plays better when he's got a PG on the floor instead of Morris. Go figure.

Abso-freaking-lutely.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:18 pm

solenstyle wrote:The guy sucks. You can't blame Mike Brown for him sucking. The only reason why he scored last season is because he chucked. He was inefficient last season.

He chucked his whole life. He's not an efficient scorer, but he can and will score if you ask him to. Which is what we need off the bench. We need someone like Jamison and Meeks not afraid to chuck shots. You have Hill and Dwight to clean up the boards.

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby OX1947 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:21 pm

Some of you people really need to relax on the "he sucks" already. I mean, get realistic for once. If everyone sucks, then how the hell are these guys playing. It's getting stupid now. Jamison doesn't suck. You are asking a guy who has essentially been a starter his whole career to come in and be a contributor off the bench. When it comes to those things, that stuff takes time.
OX1947

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:22 pm

hey he made a shot
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby solenstyle on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:24 pm

OX1947 wrote:Some of you people really need to relax on the "he sucks" already. I mean, get realistic for once. If everyone sucks, then how the hell are these guys playing. It's getting stupid now. Jamison doesn't suck. You are asking a guy who has essentially been a starter his whole career to come in and be a contributor off the bench. When it comes to those things, that stuff takes time.

I am being realistic. I'm expecting him to be as inefficient as he was last year. The people who are expecting him to improve aren't being realistic.

I'm not sure what you guys were expecting. It's the reason why I wasn't excited about him.
solenstyle

Postby Vasashi17 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:26 pm

Bring in Duhon with Jamison and that 2nd unit needs to make it a point to get him going early, just like our starters tried to force the issue inside to start the game.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:30 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:Bring in Duhon with Jamison and that 2nd unit needs to make it a point to get him going early, just like our starters tried to force the issue inside to start the game.

Yep. Duhon made a point of looking for him which is what gave him some confidence late. Not to mention he finally played more than 15 minutes tonight.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:32 pm

Needs to be more agressive but it's firstly a pb of lineup ... play him with Meeks who can space the floor ( and understand the concept of moving without the ball) and Duhon who can pass a lot better than Morris ...

In what world can he be good with a " PG" who can barely bring the ball to halfcourt and spacing killers like Ebanks and Hill ?
wcsoldier81

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion