Antawn Jamison Discussion: Cockroach

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: On the rebound

Postby bumrusherer on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:26 am

He was inefficient but he still shot 34% from behind the arc last year. So the hope was that on this team, with open looks, he could get that closer to 40%.

Still early in the year but the start hasnt been promising. If Nash comes back and he still looks a little off, then that will probably be the final nail in a very good career for him.
bumrusherer

Postby JLaker17 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:04 pm

Damn I didn't realize he shot 40% last year, I thought it was more around 45.
JLaker17

Postby 432J on Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:45 pm

he doesn't suck at all

he just hasn't adjusted yet. give him some time. i do think dan tony should play him more though, especially at the 4 where he belongs
432J

Postby The Original 81 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:17 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:I got an idea: Play Pau Gasol less minutes.

It's that simple. This guy gets killed all game long on defense. Give Antawn Jamison at least 6 of those minutes that Pau shouldn't be playing....go with Jordan Hill, Jamison, Ebanks, Meeks and Duhon. We need to give this bench unit confidence. I thought that's what we brought Dantoni here for....but he's killing Antawn right now.

It really is this simple, and I thought it would change under D'Antoni. Antawn NEEDS some minutes at the 4, and he's still playing the 3 under MDA.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby 432J on Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:39 pm

The Original 81 wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:I got an idea: Play Pau Gasol less minutes.

It's that simple. This guy gets killed all game long on defense. Give Antawn Jamison at least 6 of those minutes that Pau shouldn't be playing....go with Jordan Hill, Jamison, Ebanks, Meeks and Duhon. We need to give this bench unit confidence. I thought that's what we brought Dantoni here for....but he's killing Antawn right now.

It really is this simple, and I thought it would change under D'Antoni. Antawn NEEDS some minutes at the 4, and he's still playing the 3 under MDA.

exactly

i thought dan tony would realize this but i guess not
432J

Postby khmrP on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:33 pm

glad his shots went in today, could only help him going forward. Start him and bench Pau so he can man the post and have Hill clean up his misses :man10:
khmrP

Postby Ras Algethi on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:35 pm

Bright spot today.

Jamison plays the 4, produces. Coincidence? I think not.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:50 pm

FINALLY!
More of this please
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby trodgers on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:52 pm

He elevated his game today. Big ups.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:54 pm

Overmatched by ZBo in the post, but never backed down once. His offense was good tonight, but I like that he rose to the challenge defensively to go after a guy that was bigger and stronger than him.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:54 pm

good offense, and his defense on zbo was actually damned respectable.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Weezy on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:06 pm

He's had ONE good game now, and I would STILL start him over Pau at this point. At least Jamison is giving effort on offense and the boards. Jamison next to Howard is better than Pau next to Howard IMO, just is, he's a stretch 4. I have to think if given the time and the bigger role, his play would keep improving.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby JLaker17 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:10 pm

Jamison is a stretch 4, which is EXACTLY what is needed in this offense. He has rebounded better than Pau, he shows more effort than Pau, and also shockingly has played better D . The offense is not meant to have both Dwight and Pau in the middle of the floor like that, horrible spacing. Time to get Jamison in there.
JLaker17

Postby 432J on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:15 pm

the sig worked again!!!
432J

Postby Finwë on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:50 pm

^^ Pau should be next then.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby JGC on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:52 pm

I'm down with the move to Jamison at the starting 4. But it feels like a desperation move to me. The good news, is maybe that would give Hill more time. Move Pau to backup 5, Hill to backup 4.

In either case ... championship contenders never experience this much tweaking and shifting of parts. Scary, scary thought. =(
JGC

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:55 pm

Antawn was the lone bright spot tonight. Great game from him.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Ariza3 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:05 pm

Needs minutes with Dwight. Then Pau with Hill. Those players compliment eachother and should play more together.

Jamison stretches the floor even more for Dwight and is a great rebounder. out did both Dwight and Pau.
Ariza3

Postby noobiew on Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:11 pm

Today we finally see what Jamison can do at the 4 :jam2:

Thank you Gasol for playing zero effort out there so D'Antoni had no choice but to sub you out for Jamison.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby Finwë on Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:00 am

JGC wrote:I'm down with the move to Jamison at the starting 4. But it feels like a desperation move to me. The good news, is maybe that would give Hill more time. Move Pau to backup 5, Hill to backup 4.

In either case ... championship contenders never experience this much tweaking and shifting of parts. Scary, scary thought. =(

:man3:
Miami was a constant experiment last year. They played a huge number of different lineups, until they found the right rotation.. And there was even more "tweaking and shifting of parts" on 2010/2011, and they made the finals..
Dallas experimented a lot that year too..

Not saying we're definitely a championship caliber team right now, I'm just pointing out that your suggestion is proven false just by looking at the last 2 championship teams and 2011's runner up.
Finwë

Postby Finwë on Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:03 am

fkmikebrown wrote:good offense, and his defense on zbo was actually damned respectable.

That should show that it's not really that much(against most guys, this doesn't necessarily apply when guarding someone like Howard or Bynum) about athleticism/strength/size, a lot of it is the attitude with which you D up, "playing big" or "playing strong" doesn't require being big/strong. It takes balls, effort, will, though.
I point this out so that people stop suggesting that Pau getting bullied on the block is about him being older and not that strong..
Finwë

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:59 pm

As Stu always says, "one good game doesn't take you out of a slump and one game doesn't put you in one".

Same thing applies to the Pau/Jamison Garage Sig. Although I have more faith in Jamison that Pau at this point.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby 432J on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:24 pm

ANTAAAAAWN
:jam2:

finally we get to see what he can really do for us
432J

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:44 pm

Vet. min player FTW.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby icencream27 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:45 pm

With Nash and his ability to shoot and cut, dude is gonna be a sick force

ONLY KINGS HAVE RINGS
icencream27

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion