Antawn Jamison Discussion: Cockroach

Re: Antawn Jamison To The Lakers?

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:00 pm

Jamison would be a great pickup.

Put him in when Pau goes soft. Jamison isn't afraid to bang down low.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm

khmrP wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
He has talent and ability, but he was misused terribly in LA. He did not have consistent playing time and lost confidence as the season progressed.

did our coaching staff change?

Yes it did. We went from over a decade of Phil Jackson to Mike Brown from Cleveland.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:04 pm

Jamison would be a great move to add some production off the bench this team sorely lacked last season. I hope it happens.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:04 pm

Also, I'm not against signing Antawn Jamison if he comes for cheap, I'm just saying I think we need to shore up our backup 1/2 spots before we focus there.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:06 pm

therealdeal wrote:
khmrP wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
He has talent and ability, but he was misused terribly in LA. He did not have consistent playing time and lost confidence as the season progressed.

did our coaching staff change?

Yes it did. We went from over a decade of Phil Jackson to Mike Brown from Cleveland.

guess you missed the point apparently since Brown was the COACH LAST season, dont see anything changing with the misues and inconsistency to his PT anytime soon.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:09 pm

khmrP wrote:guess you missed the point apparently since Brown was the COACH LAST season, dont see anything changing with the misues and inconsistency to his PT anytime soon.

Ah yes I did miss the point then.

Well considering we'll have a full training camp, a smarter roster, and more practice time, I believe we'll have an opportunity to see more bench production. I don't see Kobe and Nash playing 35 minutes a night this season, they'll basically run the team. They'll be sure to ration their minutes responsibly.

Let's put it this way: with Nash on the team, someone who already has expressed his desire to lead the offense, we'll see far less Kobe-ISO and far more team basketball. Team basketball means bench play and more responsible rotations.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:12 pm

therealdeal wrote:
khmrP wrote:guess you missed the point apparently since Brown was the COACH LAST season, dont see anything changing with the misues and inconsistency to his PT anytime soon.

Well considering we'll have a full training camp, a smarter roster, and more practice time, I believe we'll have an opportunity to see more bench production. I don't see Kobe and Nash playing 35 minutes a night this season, they'll basically run the team. They'll be sure to ration their minutes responsibly.

Let's put it this way: with Nash on the team, someone who already has expressed his desire to lead the offense, we'll see far less Kobe-ISO and far more team basketball. Team basketball means bench play and more responsible rotations.

you got to much faith in Brown, I commend you for that....but Potato head had the same complaints throughout his tenure in Clev by Cavs fans even when they had 2 consective best record in the league.
khmrP

Postby khmrP on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:15 pm

also hearing rumors on radio that Dall is looking at Sess, I would be fine with S&T for West than we can commit the mini to Jamison and hope for the best with J. Hill. Just would hope we can dump Blake on somebody and give more PT to Glock and or Odom should have of them actually get a chance.
khmrP

Postby lakersin4 on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:21 pm

Ideally, we'd create 5 more roster spots trading Blake, McBob,, Morris, Eyenga & Artest.. Hopefully something like McBob + Morris for Dorell Wright.. Then Artest + Blake + Eyenga to someone like Portland for a TPE & a 2nd round pick.. After adding Wright, 4 spots left.. I bring back Jordan Hill, sign Jamison or Shard, sign Grant Hill, & try to get a decent combo guard defender like Delonte West or Hinrich.. Hinrich is probably more realistic for the minimum.. I have a feeling Mitch is far from done though.. If we could bring back Jordan Hill while adding both Jamison & Shard, we'd be fools not to get rid of Pau if Iggy/Granger or a guard on their level is available for Pau..
lakersin4

Postby 432J on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:46 pm

can't believe some people actually wouldn't want jamison

the guy can still ball, do it mitch
432J

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:07 am

khmrP wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

you got to much faith in Brown, I commend you for that....but Potato head had the same complaints throughout his tenure in Clev by Cavs fans even when they had 2 consective best record in the league.

But he didn't have two of the smartest players ever to play the game. Now he's got Nash and Kobe, even Gasol, they're going to do a lot of coaching themselves I believe. It's not so much Brown I have faith in (I don't really), but those 2/3.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:13 am

Do it Mitch! Jamison would be an excellent pickup.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:21 am

I wonder if Jamison would come for the minimum to win a ring?
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Kobe8Fan on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:23 am

Reunite Antawn with Steve Nash.
Kobe8Fan

Postby Lakeshow24 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:24 am

Antawn Jamison? That would be a lovely pickup for our bench. No b.s. Let's do thhisss!! :jam2:

On another note, good job to KeepBynum with all these good digs lately. Making up for the username during all the times Bynum was pissing me off. :man10:
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby Phil XI on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:28 am

I cosign this idea. Fills 3 needs, bench scoring, 3rd big, and stretch 4 to keep the doubles out of the paint. Grab he and GHill (split the mini 1.55 each, better than vet min) and the roster is set:
Bynum/(Pau)/Sacre
Pau/AJ/McBob
Ron/Hill/Eyenga
Kobe/(Hill)/*
Nashty/Blake/*
*two of Glock, Morris, DJO for last spots, maybe all three since Nash/Kobe/Hill are old
Sacre or Eyenga will be usual suit wearers, depending on depth/health;
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby purp n gold on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:42 am

Other than Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum, the Lakers do not have another serious post presence at the power forward and center position. Jamison's inside out game is exactly what Los Angeles needs to assist Bynum and Gasol down low.

I'm sorry but I just have to pick this part of the article apart. "Other than" Pau and Bynum?! 90% of the teams in the league don't have 1 post presence! And I like how he conveniently forgets about Kobe as a post player.

I know I'm nitpicking but I'm getting sick and tired of the "analysts" (mostly ESPN) nitpicking our own move, as if it was a bad one. Nash can't guard anyone? He won two MVP with that same defense. Who are we gonna stop on D? Who the hell is gonna stop US on offense!?

As for Jamison - yes please!
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby KB24 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:01 am

Average age of this team will be through the roof.

Deems like we are entering the denial phase with this team. Like Boston and Spurs...keep trying with a pretty old core that isn't capable of winning it all anymore. I thought our front office might be smarter than that.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:40 am

Young teams don't win championships. Look at how OKC melted.

It wasn't lack of youth that beat us. It was lack of heart. Again.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:08 am

Would Rather have Ryan Anderson than Jamison. Get Anderson with Dwight and we are set with the bigs.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby trodgers on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:31 am

If the age is a problem, we can start to be prudent and develop our understudies.

Nash > Not sure if Morris is the guy here.
Kobe > Goudelock? DJO? Both have promise.
MWP > Ebanks (pace Rooscooter)
Gasol > McRoberts is young enough, but we could use a young big.

Bynum is himself young, so it doesn't matter if he can be a mentor.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby XXIV on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:07 am

tigerjeterkobe wrote:Would Rather have Ryan Anderson than Jamison. Get Anderson with Dwight and we are set with the bigs.

Most people would, but Jamison is expected to be a lot cheaper than Anderson.
XXIV

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:10 am

XXIV wrote:
tigerjeterkobe wrote:Would Rather have Ryan Anderson than Jamison. Get Anderson with Dwight and we are set with the bigs.

Most people would, but Jamison is expected to be a lot cheaper than Anderson.

Also, ya know...available.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby XXIV on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:11 am

purp n gold wrote:
Other than Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum, the Lakers do not have another serious post presence at the power forward and center position. Jamison's inside out game is exactly what Los Angeles needs to assist Bynum and Gasol down low.

I'm sorry but I just have to pick this part of the article apart. "Other than" Pau and Bynum?! 90% of the teams in the league don't have 1 post presence! And I like how he conveniently forgets about Kobe as a post player.

He was talking about C/PF with a post presence.
XXIV

Postby KB24 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:18 am

V.V.V.V.V. wrote:Young teams don't win championships. Look at how OKC melted.

It wasn't lack of youth that beat us. It was lack of heart. Again.

yes, young teams don't win.

Old teams do neither.

Teams in their prime win. Look at Spurs, Celtics, Lakers, Heat for the past decade.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion