Anyone hear anything about Tyron Lue comming back to L.A.?

Anyone hear anything about Tyron Lue comming back to L.A.?

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Mon May 19, 2003 1:13 pm

I loved his energy when he was here and now that Michael has Retired again there really isn't a reason for Tyron to stay with the Wizards. I would really like to see him come back home. Anyone heard any rumors?
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon May 19, 2003 2:26 pm

That is all we need, a really short easy to abuse PG...hmm I can't wait...
Snakell Beast

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon May 19, 2003 4:04 pm

I always liked Tyronn... He's a good player, and a very quick guard!!! And he handled Iverson great, and Iverson is quick too... Hmmmm :bow:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon May 19, 2003 4:13 pm

No, that was bullhonkey. He handled Iverson about as well as Ruben patterson handles Kobe. He isn't worth it, if MJ couldn't mold him into a good PG, no one can...
Snakell Beast

Postby Seawell on Mon May 19, 2003 5:00 pm

Lue was ok but if we get him then we don't need Pargo. There would be no reason to have Lue and Pargo since they are very similar players.
Seawell

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Mon May 19, 2003 5:22 pm

Snakell Beast wrote:No, that was bullhonkey. He handled Iverson about as well as Ruben patterson handles Kobe. He isn't worth it, if MJ couldn't mold him into a good PG, no one can...

I have to disagree here. He handled Iverson very good. If nothing else he annoyed Iverson to the point that Iverson made some really bad shots. He also got some great steals off of Iverson. I don't know how you can even compare Lue and Iverson to Rueben and Kobe. The "Kobe stopper" can't touch Kobe but Tyronn defended Allen pretty good. As far as MJ molding Tyronn, I think MJ tought Tyronn a lot. Tyronn is a much better PG than he was when he was with the Lakers. He got more play time and that builds confidence. He also got to play with MJ and mature as a PG. Yeah Jenero is just as effective as Tyronn but Tyronn bring's way more energy to the floor.
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon May 19, 2003 5:28 pm

Yea... Kinda like how Madd Dogg annoyed KG, and made him lose his cool, and take bad attempts... Tyronn is a great hustler, but remember, Pargo still has time to get better...
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers4Ever on Mon May 19, 2003 5:41 pm

And don't forget, unlike Lue, Pargo can create his own shots when given the go. Lue and Pargo both hustle on defense, but when it comes to offense, Pargo beats Lue in a heartbeat.
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby BDG on Mon May 19, 2003 7:28 pm

i think pargo is better than lue on both ends. they dont even compare.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon May 19, 2003 7:53 pm

I hate Lue AND Pargo. Neither has any kind of consistent control over their game and they only play defense when they absolutely HAVE TO and their shots are WAY TOO INCONSISTENT. I would dump Pargo, avoid Lue as much as possible and try to trade Rush for a good bencher that plays defense...
Snakell Beast

Postby Lakers4Ever on Mon May 19, 2003 8:13 pm

OK this is a laugher, but how is Pargo inconsistent on his shots? He just doesn't get the opportunity to shoot the ball because of players like Kobe and Shaq controling the ball.
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby Guest on Tue May 20, 2003 2:52 am

I have high hopes for PARGO. I like his aggressiveness and cocky attitude. I think if given more playing time he can develope into a good player. He reminds me a little bit of Van Exel when he was a rookie. Much like Van Exel I think Pargo handles the ball well and can CREATE his own shot. Van Exel had the green like to chuck shots Pargo doesn't. However, Pargo has to learn pick and chose his shots most likely when one of the DYNAMIC DOU's are on the bench. I can tell you this, PARGO showed more HEART in the PLAYOFFS than Kareem Rush. Since in Rush's name has been brought up. I think he definitely is a bust in the expense of LINDSY HUNTER. We could of use Hunter in this series maybe not defensively but offensively. :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

KOBE our REAL MVP :bow:

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue May 20, 2003 2:54 am

sorry forgot to sign in...

KOBE our REAL MVP :bow:
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Tue May 20, 2003 2:10 pm

Hey guys don't get me wrong, I like Pargo. I think he's going to do great things for this team. I just think that we could have used the upbeat tempo that Lue plays with in this years playoffs. Janero can create his out shot's, sure. But watching Lue with the Wizards, I would say so can Lue. I'm not saying I want to replace Jenaro with Lue. I like both of these players. I would just like to see Lue back in a Laker Jersey and at one time I heard that the Lakers were talking to him.
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat May 24, 2003 12:48 pm

As long as he stays as a pest in defense and hits those 3s in a consistent basis, then I'm happy. Other than that , good riddence.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue May 27, 2003 2:35 am

it would be a horrible IDEA if we get LUE back!!!!
Remember the TRAVIS KNIGHT incident?.... what a joke!!!!
We could have had BATTIE ballin for us........ instead TRAVIS was a HI/BYE thing. He should of never left L.A. in the first place he was just jelling out here.... but see what the DEVIL can to you.... its not all about the $$$$$$ $$$.....sometimes success is measure in CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS!!!
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby BDG on Tue May 27, 2003 6:02 pm

Anonymous wrote:I think he definitely is a bust in the expense of LINDSY HUNTER. We could of use Hunter in this series maybe not defensively but offensively.

i disagree... remember how hunter went ICE cold last season once the playoffs came around? I would get a young guy that has a presence on the floor at PG. Of course Gilber Arenas would be great...
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Snake Eyes on Tue May 27, 2003 9:02 pm

It would be tight if Lue could come back to the lakers. He gave A.I. a very big problem in the finals. A.I. was very frustrated and maybe he could give other players much frustration as well. Lue would be a great addition to the lakers bench. he could step up and hit 3's and get back on D too. though i believe the money should be spent on other players first. Like Jujuan Howard or some other good PF. Then with the left over $ the lakers could sign Lue..........Maybe........... if the Lakers have that much cash. All i know is the Lakers dont have too much $$ to spend. Can anyone tell me how much they actually do have to spend.
Snake Eyes

Postby Slayer Alstarx on Thu May 29, 2003 9:53 am

Lue was a good player when he was with the Lakers. He was injury prone so he didn't get a lot of the developmental playing time until the series against A.I.
I gotta admit I was disappointed when they traded him, but the playing time he's had since then has made him to a much better player.

On the plus side, Lue already knows how to run the tri, has the quickness that we sorely need, and he was alwas a crowd favorite, plus the experience with MJ has to be a plus.

On the downside, PJ doesn't like small guards (reason #1 that Lue was dumped IMO), so his playing time will go down, and he may not be that sturdy.
Slayer Alstarx

Postby Danny Ainge on Thu May 29, 2003 8:31 pm

Lue is an acquired taste, and believe me, PJ enjoys Ty's hustle.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby Reddy on Fri May 30, 2003 5:48 am

Danny Ainge wrote:Lue is an acquired taste, and believe me, PJ enjoys Ty's hustle.
:bow:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby ZenMaster on Fri May 30, 2003 6:40 am

Welcome Lakers R#1, last I read (according to another website) our boys have a mid-level salary cap exception (about $4.7 million, which can be split between two players if needed), and a couple of "lower exceptions" (the highest of which is $1.4 million). Snakell Beast or some of the other guys may know more about how all this works than I do, but that's just what I read. Plus don't forget our two draft picks, which may come in very handy in pulling off some sort of deal.....keep your fingers crossed bro :jam2:
ZenMaster

Postby Danny Ainge on Fri May 30, 2003 5:43 pm

And also don't forget we can always use D-Fish for bait :man10:
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby lalgirl3 on Sat May 31, 2003 11:06 am

Danny Ainge wrote:And also don't forget we can always use D-Fish for bait :man10:

:man10: that was cute. I think having Tyronn back would be a good idea. I think that Pargo wouldn't get alot of playing time b/c of his returning but I think he'll make a good addition coming back here
lalgirl3

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat May 31, 2003 12:55 pm

Fact is fact.

1. Lue is a pest. He is quick and can run around with the faster PG of the League....Bibby, Iverson, Parker, etc.

2. I saw a lot of Wizards games because I have direct TV and Lue has gotten a lot better than his Laker days. He played hard amd consistently shot his outside J. He never shot a lot, but made the majority of the ones that came his way. And last time, we saw Lue in a Laker uniform, he was very productive against Iverson. No one can stop AI, but Lue did a great job in being a pest around him during the FINALs against the Sixers.

Guys give him a shot. I'll take Lue at this point (May 31, 2003) over Pargo and Shaw.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion