we are being scammed on title hopes

we are being scammed on title hopes

Postby hollywood swinger on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:34 pm

The owner and Gm are saying we are title or bust for the next 2 years yet we have the worst collection of pg's in the league. yes i am including Nash who is afraid or can't shoot more than 10 times a game and is horrific on Defense. I don't even have to mention how bad duhon, morris & blake who we are waiting to come back like he is a savior yet no one even wanted him here anymore after his last 2 pathetic seasons here. We have zero chance to compete and win a title with these pg's. If we are 100% serious about winning we would have waived duhon, morris & signed a real pg in the preseason or atleast now went and signed west or some other legit pg who is unemployed. we are being fleeced folks. no way in the heavens can we beat any elite team with these sorry pg's on this roster.
Last edited by hollywood swinger on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Re: we are being scamed on title hopes

Postby Weezy on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:47 pm

Nash is afraid, and he's a terrible PG? Come on man get serious. If we are being SCAMMED in any way it's getting false hope by beating bad teams. But at this point, wins are wins, we need them in bunches.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby S.R.05 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:48 pm

so nash is scared and a bad pg...

Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Armani on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:49 pm

Yes... why don't we get Monta Ellis to share the backcourt with Kobe. Let him chuck away. Enough shot attempts for you? :man10:
Armani

Postby hollywood swinger on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:55 pm

Showtime.Revival.05 wrote:so nash is scared and a bad pg...

yes nash is done. doesn't attack and has a soft mentality interms of being too concerned with teammates. guy was supposed to take pressure off of kobe when he came here and now kobe has to carry his defensive dirty laundry every night and what does nash do on the other end to help kobe but just be a non attack pg.
hollywood swinger

Re: we are being scammed on title hopes

Postby hollywood swinger on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:59 pm

Weezy wrote:Nash is afraid, and he's a terrible PG? Come on man get serious. If we are being SCAMMED in any way it's getting false hope by beating bad teams. But at this point, wins are wins, we need them in bunches.

you will see when and if we make the playoffs we will lose because of our pathetic collection of pg's. no way in hell this teams pg's 1-4 can compete with the parkers, westbrooks, lin, hillard, curry ect.... of the western conf.
keep drinking the pg koolaid and i assure you we will lose in playoffs or not make playoffs because against real teams we lose the pg battle every single night.
hollywood swinger

Postby S.R.05 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:01 pm

nash was pretty aggressive tonight i thought, took the shots that were there for him and set up the rest of the team very well. we knew coming into the season he wouldn't be a defensive stalwart, and he's done better than i expected to be honest. not sure really what more you're expecting from him
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Weezy on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:05 pm

Every team is weak at some spot, backup pg and PF is that for us. I will take Nash as my starting PG in the playoffs over almost every other PG out there though, lol Lin. Only Parker, Westbrook, CP3 and a few other elite guys are above Nash. Curry, Lillard, come on, Lillard hasn't even played a playoff game before, Nash has been in many battles. Our backups suck, yes, but you never know Blake might come back renewed.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby hollywood swinger on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:10 pm

Weezy wrote:Every team is weak at some spot, backup pg and PF is that for us. I will take Nash as my starting PG in the playoffs over almost every other PG out there though, lol Lin. Only Parker, Westbrook, CP3 and a few other elite guys are above Nash. Curry, Lillard, come on, Lillard hasn't even played a playoff game before, Nash has been in many battles. Our backups suck, yes, but you never know
Blake might come back renewed

your joking right? :man10: :man10:
blake sucks!!!!! nash got torched by lillard when we played them why would that change? our backups are absolute garbage at pg. how can we have a 39 year old nash and not have legit backups for him?
pg is the most game changing position in the league now yet we have a steaming pile of you know what after nash and nash ain't what he use to be by a country mile. we are done d.o.n.e unless we use the roster spots to sign a legit pg like delonte or something better.
hollywood swinger

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:17 pm

Nash hate. I was wondering when that would start. :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:29 pm

At least you know how to make threads.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby hollywood swinger on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:30 pm

therealdeal wrote:Nash hate. I was wondering when that would start. :man10:

i don't hate nash i am just a realist who can admit we are not winning jack with him being so passive on top of his cyo league defense. nash isn't the true problem it is the fact that after he leaves the game we have nothing to replace him with. in a perfect world nash should be a backup pg on a real championship team.
hollywood swinger

Postby hollywood swinger on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:31 pm

Doc Brown wrote:At least you know how to make threads.

yes i do and let me see if you are gonna step up and still defend nash when we get routed in the playoffs (if we make it) due to horrific pg play.
hollywood swinger

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:32 pm

hollywood swinger wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:At least you know how to make threads.

yes i do and let me see if you are gonna step up and still defend nash when we get routed in the playoffs (if we make it) due to horrific pg play.

You think we are going to get routed in the playoffs, I don't need to explain myself to that.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Legendary on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:34 pm

therealdeal locked a similar thread up with a quickness...

I'm just sayin'.
Legendary

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:35 pm

hollywood swinger wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Nash hate. I was wondering when that would start. :man10:

i don't hate nash i am just a realist who can admit we are not winning jack with him being so passive on top of his cyo league defense. nash isn't the true problem it is the fact that after he leaves the game we have nothing to replace him with. in a perfect world nash should be a backup pg on a real championship team.

This is probably the worst thing I've read so far this season in terms of bball ideas.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Vlade_12 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:43 pm

trade Gasol for a young point guard to back up Nash

DJ Augustine
Howard Gasol
Clark Hill
MWP
Kobe Meeks
Nash Duhon
Playoff rotation! Bring Casspi or Ariza back home for a Title Run Mitch!!!
Vlade_12

Postby noobiew on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:49 pm

I want to vent something, Ramon Sessions > Nash :man2:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby Weezy on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:51 pm

Also, how can we be scammed on title hopes when most here don't think we are winning it this season anyway? We're not even sure we get in the playoffs right now, we KNOW our flaws.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby kobebryant248 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:57 pm

hollywood swinger wrote:The owner and Gm are saying we are title or bust for the next 2 years yet we have the worst collection of pg's in the league. yes i am including Nash who is afraid or can't shoot more than 10 times a game and is horrific on Defense. I don't even have to mention how bad duhon, morris & blake who we are waiting to come back like he is a savior yet no one even wanted him here anymore after his last 2 pathetic seasons here. We have zero chance to compete and win a title with these pg's. If we are 100% serious about winning we would have waived duhon, morris & signed a real pg in the preseason or atleast now went and signed west or some other legit pg who is unemployed. we are being fleeced folks. no way in the heavens can we beat any elite team with these sorry pg's on this roster.

man who you are ? you say nash is bad ? i guess iyou are don t have any basket ball know how ? you are just weak. to say nash is bad shows how much basket iq you ahve or even how much basketball knowledge you have . right you have zero basketball knowledge . maybe go on a other forum and become a bandwaggoner og some other team . hey what about the clippers and cp3 . cheer for them mr i don t have any clou about basketball. :bang: :bang:
kobebryant248

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:01 am

Doc Brown

Postby kobebryant248 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:08 am

one of the dumbest things i ve ever heard . in a perfect world nash would be a backup point guard on a championship caliber team. yikes once again i can t remember if i ever heard such dumb statements. a future hall of fame point guard and someone say such dumb thing over him. man oh man :bang:
kobebryant248

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:09 am

I agree with Hollywood in that we need a true backup pg, and Blake ain't it. The problem is that no one decent's available.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby Weezy on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:18 am

hollywood swinger wrote:
Weezy wrote:Every team is weak at some spot, backup pg and PF is that for us. I will take Nash as my starting PG in the playoffs over almost every other PG out there though, lol Lin. Only Parker, Westbrook, CP3 and a few other elite guys are above Nash. Curry, Lillard, come on, Lillard hasn't even played a playoff game before, Nash has been in many battles. Our backups suck, yes, but you never know

blake sucks!!!!! nash got torched by lillard when we played them why would that change? our backups are absolute garbage at pg. how can we have a 39 year old nash and not have legit backups for him?
pg is the most game changing position in the league now yet we have a steaming pile of you know what after nash and nash ain't what he use to be by a country mile. we are done d.o.n.e unless we use the roster spots to sign a legit pg like delonte or something better.

I know Blake sucks but what other options are out there that are realistic? Also, when did Lillard torch Nash? The second game of the season when he got injured and played barely a half, or when we blew them out in December and Lillard shot 4-17 with Morris on him? I'm not worried about Curry and Lillard, they might get theirs, but so will Nash.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby hollywood swinger on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:24 am

Weezy wrote:
hollywood swinger wrote:

I know Blake sucks but what other options are out there that are realistic? Also, when did Lillard torch Nash? The second game of the season when he got injured and played barely a half, or when we blew them out in December and Lillard shot 4-17 with Morris on him? I'm not worried about Curry and Lillard, they might get theirs, but so will Nash.

Okay you take nash and i will take lillard no problem we will see who gets ran out of the gym
hollywood swinger

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion