are the lakers starting to take a backseat to the clippers?

Re: are the laker starting to take a backseat to the clippers?

Postby DarthRekal on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:59 am

LAKEROC wrote:Can they please just MOVE to Anaheim or to Seattle? Please GTFO of Los Angeles, Clippers! This is a Lakers town and it always will be.

this... then i wouldnt mind their fanbase so much.. its exactly like the Angels and Dodgers...

but all the fake Lakers fans and their jocking... :bang:
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em
DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:11 am

Doc Brown wrote:How can you be a Clippers fan and Lakers fan? :man3:

They are rivals? :man3:

Rivals? When did they become our rivals? Of course anyone who would say they are a Lakers fan and a Clippers fan at the same time isn't a fan of either.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby The Rock on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:31 am

I hope the Clippers get the number 1 seed

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby therealdeal on Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:35 pm

When they sucked and were starring Eric Gordon and Chris Kaman I watched them and rooted for them occasionally.

And as an objective Laker fan, I can say that part of the reason I hate them now is their success. But it's more than that, it's their team. It's the way they carry themselves. It's the way they play and act. Griffin is one of the bigger douchebags the league has seen in a while. Paul's attitude is grating when he's not on your team. Bledsoe, Jordan, Crawford, etc. all have attitudes of superiority that they haven't earned.

I want them now to fail. I want them to fail over and over again. In fact, I want them to come into the playoffs feeling good and feeling like they can succeed and then I want them to get blown out 4 games in a row. That way everyone can realize how fools gold that team really is. That way their s***ty fans can stop acting like the Clippers are worth a s***.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby pound4pound1 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:37 pm

Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby 432J on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:45 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:Image

:man10:

and since when are the lakers and clippers rivals? the more correct term would be "geographic rivals." alot like the kings and ducks or the white sox and cubs. the lakers true rivals are teams like the celtics and spurs, teams that they have played many close, intenss and meaningful games against in the past. not the clippers who beside from this season and 05-06 suck on a consistent basis
432J

Postby clubsoto24 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:29 pm

Lakers, Kings, Dodgers, Angels, Galaxy.. looks like Floppers are the only LA team to not win a chip :man10: :man10:
Jimmy Kimmel asking Kobe about his back pain in an interview:
KB:I actually hurt it vacuuming.
JK: do you think your back is more sensitive from carrying the Lakers all season or.. ?
clubsoto24

Postby The Rock on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:43 pm

You know one of the reasons why I have faith that we beat these fools in a 7 game series? This

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Nashty Gal on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:03 pm

:man10: cat fight!

seriously tho, SheP3 is such a girl
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby Ariza3 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:31 pm

i love cp3 as a player but man the guy flops so much. he even flops when pau bumps him.
Ariza3

Postby LakerFanIam on Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:09 am

LakerFanIam

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:48 am

The Rock wrote:You know one of the reasons why I have faith that we beat these fools in a 7 game series? This

Still makes me laugh seeing fricken Chris Paul call Pau soft. Dude is a 2x champ and was a beast in the playoffs. CP58 hasn't done a damn thing
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:07 am

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
The Rock wrote:You know one of the reasons why I have faith that we beat these fools in a 7 game series? This

Still makes me laugh seeing fricken Chris Paul call Pau soft. Dude is a 2x champ and was a beast in the playoffs. CP58 hasn't done a damn thing

Pau is soft. What has he done in the playoffs since 2010? Nothing.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:30 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Pau is soft. What has he done in the playoffs since 2010? Nothing.

So then so is Kobe, Ron, Drew, LO and all the other guys on the team that got swept out of the playoffs? Are you saying Pau was not soft in 2010? Calling him soft is rediculous. THe guy is one of the main reasons we have back to back Championships. How easy Lakers fans forget.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby DarthRekal on Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:40 pm

clubsoto24 wrote:Lakers, Kings, Dodgers, Angels, Galaxy.. looks like Floppers are the only LA team to not win a chip :man10: :man10:

raiders in 81..

USC :jam2: and even UCLA
DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:41 pm

DarthRekal wrote:
clubsoto24 wrote:Lakers, Kings, Dodgers, Angels, Galaxy.. looks like Floppers are the only LA team to not win a chip :man10: :man10:

raiders in 81..

Joey Chestnut is even a champion is his sport. (From Cali). :man10:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby DarthRekal on Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:46 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
DarthRekal wrote:

raiders in 81..

Joey Chestnut is even a champion is his sport. (From Cali). :man10:

i dont know who that is LOL.. but YAY
DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:22 pm

this shouldn't even be in LD.... I think it should be in the imagination nation part of the forum
puffyusaf#2

Postby King of Clutch on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:29 pm

ESPN SERIOUSLY pissed me off with the title of an article named : "Kobe: Best Clippers team I've seen". But the actual title was linked on ESPN's home page as "Kobe Bryant, Mike D'Antoni: Lakers looking up to clippers". Link WTF!!! :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:

He NEVER SAID THAT. He said its the best team he's seen them have, and that they have players who've played together in the past which helps continuity. Also was asked if he wanted them to still have the streak when lakers played them, so that they could end it and he said, " I really don't give a s---." He NEVER SAID "Lakers looking up to clippers"!!!!!!

Ok seriously, I honestly haven't given a damn about the clippers so far this year, but this stunt by espn to make them look like big brother is truly creating some hate for that team that has done NOTHING RELEVANT!! Why would we "look up to them?" Because they won 17 straight regular season games? I'm REALLY looking forward to that matchup on friday...
King of Clutch

Postby hdtvset on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:29 am

LA will get 73-9! Oh wait, which LA team? :man10:

I am happy for the Clip to get the best record of the NBA. If the Lakers are facing them in the Western final, the Lakers will have the home court as well. :man9:
hdtvset

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:03 am

Lol Kobe knows
Seriously though I'm getting tired of the radio on ESPN LA. They keep talking about how we should respect the Clippers and all that because it's a streak or whatever. What they fail to understand is that to Laker fans, winning the most regular season games doesn't impress us. The only reason we care about the regular season is because of post season seeding. Even if we beat the Bull's regular season record, but post in the Finals, it would be a monumental disappointment for us. It's all about the rings in LA, and until the Paperclips win some, they won't get any respect from Laker fans.
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby Dyeggoo on Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:22 am

This thread is longer than the totality of posts in clippers forums before the CP trade.
Dyeggoo

Postby JGC on Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:55 am

KBJelleyBean24 wrote:Lol Kobe knows
Seriously though I'm getting tired of the radio on ESPN LA. They keep talking about how we should respect the Clippers and all that because it's a streak or whatever. What they fail to understand is that to Laker fans, winning the most regular season games doesn't impress us. The only reason we care about the regular season is because of post season seeding. Even if we beat the Bull's regular season record, but post in the Finals, it would be a monumental disappointment for us. It's all about the rings in LA, and until the Paperclips win some, they won't get any respect from Laker fans.

Yeah I'm not sure I agree with that at all. I think most Laker fans do want to win the most regular season games. And I think we care about the regular season for more than just seeding. I think we care about having a good seed, we recognize the importance of homecourt throughout (because of our postseason experience), and we also care about how we're playing heading in to the playoffs as well. I know that we would rather be playing well going in as the 3rd seed, than struggling right at the end as the first seed. I'm not sure Clipper fans are much different. I know a number of them that have some concerns about peaking too early and I haven't heard any of them celebrate a championship early. In fact, they are so used to futility, that I think they are holding back a lot more than Lakers fans are.

I think the difference is that with the success this franchise has had, we realize that having the top seed isn't always a requirement for a championship.

But we, Laker fans, aren't so stupid and blind that we wouldn't find a 17-game win streak by any team including ours to be an impressive feat because well, it is an impressive feat considering it has only happened 3 times in NBA history. And we know history!
JGC

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:09 am

The Clippers are exciting, that's about it, and yes they are our Los Angeles rivals.
People say they're not because we haven't battled in the playoffs, but truly, every game against them is now extra special considering the amount of talent on the court.
There's no denying that's a town rivalry now.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:21 am

Well they are scaring the crap out of me this year and I'd like nothing better than for the P&G to show up Friday night and kick their bleeps. Plus they're more than half way to "33"..... just saying because that would be the ultimate nightmare. But "backseat" ..... NO!!
LTLakerFan

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion