are the lakers starting to take a backseat to the clippers?

Re: are the laker starting to take a backseat to the clippers?

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:33 am

Clippers will always be the JV Squad.. I don't care who they have or what they accomplish.. wont be as much as the Lakers...there is a curse..ask Brent Barry Shaun Livingston Chauncey Billups what happened.. and it never fails.. will happen again..Clipper Curse.
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
KobeSystemtwofour

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:39 am

odom1year wrote:Clippers with 13 straight wins. It's a shocking moment in NBA history. If D12 stays in Lakers, the future in this town is D12 vs Griffin & Paul.

What makes you think someone else won't come sign here once Kobe and Pau are gone? Lakers are in perfect position to get Kevin Love in 2 years.
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby therealdeal on Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:55 am

KBJelleyBean24 wrote:
odom1year wrote:Clippers with 13 straight wins. It's a shocking moment in NBA history. If D12 stays in Lakers, the future in this town is D12 vs Griffin & Paul.

What makes you think someone else won't come sign here once Kobe and Pau are gone? Lakers are in perfect position to get Kevin Love in 2 years.

And why would Paul stay there to lose in the 2nd round for his whole career?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:15 am

Floppers don't have the discipline nor the good coach to win anything ... I can guarantee you they ain't coming out of the West .

I know I shouldn't say this considering our team results against the likes of Magic or Cavs but the marquee wins during their 13 wins streak have come at Utah , Chicago and Milwaukee ... I'm not impressed.

I'd absolutely LOVE having Bledsoe on our team though
wcsoldier81

Postby lakersStan24 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:01 am

therealdeal wrote:This seriously disgusts me.
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby gill on Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:05 am

Forget accomplishments and all that for a sec.

The Lakers have fans and recognition that goes AROUND THE GLOBE.

The Clippers? :man10:

That's how relevant the Lakers are regardless if everyone else in the NBA are doing good. The Lakers know how to sell their brand... and it starts with championship history and the insane number of hall of famers that have donned the P&G
gill

Postby Pig Miller on Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:29 am

clippers are playing great ball right now and undoubtedly a better team than we are, as we stand today.

however, this discussion ends with 2 words: sustained success.
Pig Miller

Postby bumrusherer on Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:02 am

Like asking if the Houston Texans are now the kings of Texas. Come on now!
bumrusherer

Postby dj vitus on Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:04 am

Heck no. The only impressive win in their 13 game win streak is Chicago.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby scissors on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:57 am

From a bandwagon basketball fan, I guess the Clippers are more fun to watch. But that doesn't mean they are the King of LA. They have done nothing for this city. When is the last time someone went to a Clippers parade? Any Clipper legend statues in front of Staples? Are there any championship banners hanging at the Staples Center? Clippers will never be King of LA. NEVER!!!
scissors

Postby Punk-101 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:08 pm

Clippers will be the 2 seed and we'll be the 7. 1st round upset, book it! :jam2:
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby JGC on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:24 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:Floppers don't have the discipline nor the good coach to win anything ... I can guarantee you they ain't coming out of the West .

I know I shouldn't say this considering our team results against the likes of Magic or Cavs but the marquee wins during their 13 wins streak have come at Utah , Chicago and Milwaukee ... I'm not impressed.

I don't get why people are downplaying their win streak. To win 13 games against any opponent is difficult. I'm pretty sure if we were on a 13 game winning streak, we wouldn't be saying how we're not impressed with our team because the marquee wins were Utah, Chicago and Milwaukee. I mean, for comparison, we beat the Wizards and half the board is like "We're baaaaack".

To the Clippers' credit, 5 of those 13 wins were on the road matching our entire season road wins total. They went out on a 4 game road trip and won them all including a game on the second night of a back to back.

As for who owns LA ... The Clippers are the BEST team in the NBA this season so far, but they aren't taking over LA until two things happen. 1) They start winning championships and 2) The Lakers have multiple and consecutive lottery bound seasons. These are the only reasons LA is a Laker town. It can't just be that one team is good, the other has to be bad for an extended period of time and I just don't see the Lakers ever being bad for an extended period of time.
JGC

Postby 432J on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:32 pm

JGC wrote:No, they aren't.

But they are eons better than this Laker team.

this

they are by far the deepest team in the league
432J

Postby TrillyandTruly on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:50 pm

Yes, because celebrating 0 championships is very entertaining...
My entourage is in camouflage; remove your mask, let down your visage...
TrillyandTruly

Postby blakeruns on Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:20 pm

LA already has a King

keepin it fresh eight days a week
blakeruns
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:23 pm

13 straight wins is nothing to scoff about. Their core is healthy, a good bench and coaching stability. You can't say the same about the Laker squad.
Nor can the Lakers get blamed for always making the right decisions over decades. At some point its not just luck or "gamble", its superior management and superior ownership.
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:27 pm

gcclaker wrote:13 straight wins is nothing to scoff about. Their core is healthy, a good bench and coaching stability. You can't say the same about the Laker squad.

You will in 9 more games. :man1:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby dj vitus on Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:33 pm

JGC wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:Floppers don't have the discipline nor the good coach to win anything ... I can guarantee you they ain't coming out of the West .

I don't get why people are downplaying their win streak. To win 13 games against any opponent is difficult. I'm pretty sure if we were on a 13 game winning streak, we wouldn't be saying how we're not impressed with our team because the marquee wins were Utah, Chicago and Milwaukee. I mean, for comparison, we beat the Wizards and half the board is like "We're baaaaack".

To the Clippers' credit, 5 of those 13 wins were on the road matching our entire season road wins total. They went out on a 4 game road trip and won them all including a game on the second night of a back to back.

As for who owns LA ... The Clippers are the BEST team in the NBA this season so far, but they aren't taking over LA until two things happen. 1) They start winning championships and 2) The Lakers have multiple and consecutive lottery bound seasons. These are the only reasons LA is a Laker town. It can't just be that one team is good, the other has to be bad for an extended period of time and I just don't see the Lakers ever being bad for an extended period of time.

Trust me, there will definitely be people here downplaying our 13 game win streak if we beat the same teams. Maybe a small number, but definitely yes.

At any rate, if Dwight leaves and Kobe retires, and we start looking like the post-Magic era Lakers, while Chris Paul re-signs and stays healthy with Griffin, then yes, I suppose we'll be taking a backseat. But no, nothing has "started" at all. :jam2:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 pm

therealdeal wrote:This seriously disgusts me.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby cthroatgtr on Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:34 pm

It will be nice to be the underdog for a while. Besides the Clippers need to win a few championships first.
cthroatgtr

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:54 pm

Hey Yahoo's power Rankings have the new kings of LA as #1 in the Power Rankings :bow: I say we blame it on Kobe
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby JGC on Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:12 pm

dj vitus wrote:
JGC wrote:

Trust me, there will definitely be people here downplaying our 13 game win streak if we beat the same teams. Maybe a small number, but definitely yes.

At any rate, if Dwight leaves and Kobe retires, and we start looking like the post-Magic era Lakers, while Chris Paul re-signs and stays healthy with Griffin, then yes, I suppose we'll be taking a backseat. But no, nothing has "started" at all. :jam2:

You may be right. But it won't be the same people. If the win streak is unimpressive, it has to be unimpressive no matter whose streak it is but it doesnt always happen that way.
JGC

Postby Nikez on Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:53 pm

yes :)
Before long, someone recognized Phil Jackson sitting in the front seat, and then the rocks began to fly. Revelers pelted the bus and shook it, mocking the Lakers at their lowest moment.

It was painful,” Lakers forward Pau Gasol(notes) said. “It is a feeling that I want to keep in my mind for every single minute that I’m out there playing them.
Nikez

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:02 am

How important are the CLippers? The Lakers lose, win or don't play and it is still more news worthy than what the Clippers are doing.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby khmrP on Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:04 am

Punk-101 wrote:Clippers will be the 2 seed and we'll be the 7. 1st round upset, book it! :jam2:

thats not an upset :man1:
khmrP

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion