Are the Lakers at all interested in Gilbert Arenas?

Are the Lakers at all interested in Gilbert Arenas?

Postby LukeWalton4MVP on Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:26 am

I know he's interested in our team, but have the Lakers done anything about it? Him being a shell of his former self was horrible for $20 mil/year but still pretty good for the vet's minimum.
LukeWalton4MVP

Re: Are the Lakers at all interested in Gilbert Arenas?

Postby Dyeggoo on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:12 am

Why would the Lakers be interested in Zero at all? We're stacked at PG with Fish, Steve and Andre Miller :P
Dyeggoo

Postby Kobe8Fan on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:17 am

Cause Fish is outta shape and old.
Kobe8Fan

Postby XXIV on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:28 am

Dyeggoo wrote:Why would the Lakers be interested in Zero at all? We're stacked at PG with Fish, Steve and Andre Miller :P

I wouldn't call that lineup stack. More like crowded. :man10:
XXIV

Postby GoldHammish on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:29 am

Didn't we JUST have a thread like this that got trashed?
GoldHammish

Postby khmrP on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:35 am

Dyeggoo wrote:Why would the Lakers be interested in Zero at all? We're stacked at PG with Fish, Steve and Andre Miller :P

did I miss something :freak2: , when did we get Miller or is that suppose to be Morris comparison? :man10:
khmrP

Postby silversurfer on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:39 am

man Idk why that thread got locked.. I have never experienced such a lack of free speech in this country
silversurfer

Postby TIME on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:45 am

silversurfer wrote:man Idk why that thread got locked..

... and that right there is your problem.
Vitti uttered three words that surely applies to how Bryant made two free throws on one leg, walked off the court on his own and processed his rehabilitation plan amid the pain, frustration and tears.

“That’s really cool.”
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:23 pm

silversurfer wrote:man Idk why that thread got locked.. I have never experienced such a lack of free speech in this country

The revolution will NOT be televised! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Dyeggoo on Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:47 pm

khmrP wrote:

did I miss something :freak2: , when did we get Miller or is that suppose to be Morris comparison? :man10:

ekhm, ekhm, sarcasm, ekhm, ekhm
Dyeggoo

Postby Weezy on Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:53 pm

I do not understand why Gilbert Arenas threads keep being made. Just because a player has a big name, or USED to be good doesn't mean they still are, or that they fit with our team.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:12 pm

This is like a never ending story, I wish he would sign somewhere, so that we can stop talking about this worthless POS.

For the people that are pro-Arenas and want him on the team, step back for a second and realize what Gilbert Arenas we are getting. We're not getting the 2001-2005 Gilbert Arenas that could drop over 20 a night, albeit shooting 17-21 times a game to get 20 points on a ~40% clip as a number 1 option. We are getting the 2006-present Gilbert is older, still chucks, but at a lower %, shoots 3's worse than Ron Artest, no defense, no team attitude with more baggage than a Kardashian on a 2 week vacation.

Wait there's more. Everyone last year was mad at the guy who shot too much, could drive once in awhile, didn't pass, played no defense, every good play followed 3 bad ones. Gilbert = A poor man's Shannon Brown and that is bad.....real bad. OMG but Arenas averages 21 and 5 for his career, we have to sign him. How did he do last year in his 6th man role for the Magic, he stunk it the funk up. He's garbage and on top of that he wouldn't be the 6th mad on this team, he would be the 7th or 8th and definitely not a first option. Kobe, Pau, Bynum, Artest, Barnes, McBobs, Arenas. Definitely not worth it, unless you want Shannon Brown all over again, but worse. A bench chucker that does more harm than good on the court.

Ohhh Hey, Michael Redd is a free agent, off to make a thread about another washed up player.......
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby silversurfer on Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:13 pm

Michael Redd--- hmm great idea.. He would be worth a shot :bow:
silversurfer

Postby XXIV on Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:35 pm

^ I pray you're kidding. :man10:
XXIV

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:51 pm

I would personally go for Arenas.. Yes he's a shell of his former self, but he also has the ability to perform above a vet minimum salary.. Something I can't say for any other available PG
lakersin4

Postby XXIV on Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:52 pm

lakersin4 wrote:I would personally go for Arenas.. Yes he's a shell of his former self, but he also has the ability to perform above a vet minimum salary.. Something I can't say for any other available PG

But he's not a PG. He's an inefficient SG who plays at the 1.
XXIV

Postby BadCoaching on Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:04 pm

Gil's obviously still a natural scorer.. don't need it at all.

He was great for a while but doesn't fit this team at all. Be surprised if anyone picks him up.. he's pretty much gone the way of Iverson.
BadCoaching

Postby khmrP on Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:08 pm

sign Arena to Vet Min with stipulation tied to his contract "will only be retained if Dwight Howard is on the roster" :man1:
khmrP

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:18 pm

BadCoaching wrote:Gil's obviously still a natural scorer.. don't need it at all.

He was great for a while but doesn't fit this team at all. Be surprised if anyone picks him up.. he's pretty much gone the way of Iverson.

I don't know so much about not needing that.. Making opposing PG's work on defense brings alot to our team even though he is a bad defender.. Fisher is also equally bad on defense, without the scoring ability.. How we wouldn't be better off with Arenas is beyond me.. It's not like we have any better option available..

XXIV.. I know.. But it hasn't stopped him from playing PG almost his entire career..
lakersin4

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:26 pm

lakersin4 wrote:
BadCoaching wrote:Gil's obviously still a natural scorer.. don't need it at all.

I don't know so much about not needing that.. Making opposing PG's work on defense brings alot to our team even though he is a bad defender.. Fisher is also equally bad on defense, without the scoring ability.. How we wouldn't be better off with Arenas is beyond me.. It's not like we have any better option available..

XXIV.. I know.. But it hasn't stopped him from playing PG almost his entire career..

LOOK AT HIS SHOOTING PERCENTAGES FROM LAST SEASON.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby kray28 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:28 pm

To answer the OP directly....I do not think the Lakers are interested in Gilbert Arenas.
kray28

Return to Lakers Discussion