are the lakers starting to take a backseat to the clippers?

Re: are the laker starting to take a backseat to the clippers?

Postby JLaker17 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:05 am

They are better, whether its just for right now or not, there is no denying they are clearly better.
Image
User avatar
JLaker17

 
Posts: 1316
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:15 pm

Re: are the laker starting to take a backseat to the clippers?

Postby XXIV on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:07 am

They're definitely the better team right now, but this is a Lakers town. Even though the Lakers are playing a lot worse than the Cippers and the Clippers have a 15 game winning streak, we're still the talk of the town. That just shows how much attention is being put on the Lakers compared to our JV team.
XXIV

 
Posts: 6390
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: are the laker starting to take a backseat to the clippers?

Postby GoldenKnight on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:23 am

The question can be interpreted in many ways.

Are the Lakers taking a backseat to the Clippers as a franchise? Of course not, not a shot in hell.

Are the Lakers taking a backseat tot he Clippers in terms of being the better team & playing better? Yes, for now anyway.
Image

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
User avatar
GoldenKnight

 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

Re: are the laker starting to take a backseat to the clippers?

Postby JLaker17 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:31 am

GoldenKnight wrote:The question can be interpreted in many ways.

Are the Lakers taking a backseat to the Clippers as a franchise? Of course not, not a shot in hell.

Are the Lakers taking a backseat tot he Clippers in terms of being the better team & playing better? Yes, for now anyway.


Perfectly sums it up.
Image
User avatar
JLaker17

 
Posts: 1316
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:15 pm

Re: are the laker starting to take a backseat to the clippers?

Postby Frank Dux on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:14 pm

Lqv2015 wrote:Funny how Clipps are getting more attention all of a sudden when they're winning. Am I the only Clipps fan on this board?



You can't claim fandom to two teams.
User avatar
Frank Dux

 
Posts: 4204
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:24 pm

Re: are the laker starting to take a backseat to the clippers?

Postby khmrP on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:47 pm

Frank Dux wrote:
Lqv2015 wrote:Funny how Clipps are getting more attention all of a sudden when they're winning. Am I the only Clipps fan on this board?



You can't claim fandom to two teams.

thats what wagons are for, you jump off one and onto the next whenever its convenient :man10:
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: are the laker starting to take a backseat to the clippers?

Postby revgen on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:59 pm

I wonder what their doing in the backseat.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21735
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: are the laker starting to take a backseat to the clippers?

Postby LakerFanIam on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:48 pm

As a LA native & major Basketball Fan... I'm stoked that the Clippers are doing so well & are such an exciting team... I find myself sometimes rooting for them & other times hoping they fail... I would probably root for them over any other team in the Playoffs besides the Lakers... I'll never be a die hard, heart & soul fan though.... Never.
Image
User avatar
LakerFanIam

 
Posts: 3682
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:31 pm
Location: Sec 117

Re: are the laker starting to take a backseat to the clippers?

Postby Vindicated on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:51 pm

Image

:man1: :man13:
“Look, we don’t get five championships by being sympathetic towards each other and kissing each other’s a– during the game,” Bryant said Wednesday when asked about the Lakers’ upcoming game against the Thunder next week. “I’m going to demolish him. He understands that. If he switches off on me in the post, there’s going to be problems. I’m sure he’ll put an elbow right in my back, and that’s why we love each other.”
User avatar
Vindicated

 
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:37 am

Re: are the laker starting to take a backseat to the clippers?

Postby JGC on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:53 pm

LakerFanIam wrote:As a LA native & major Basketball Fan... I'm stoked that the Clippers are doing so well & are such an exciting team... I find myself sometimes rooting for them & other times hoping they fail... I would probably root for them over any other team in the Playoffs besides the Lakers... I'll never be a die hard, heart & soul fan though.... Never.


Rooting for the Clippers is like being a Yankee fan and rooting for the Mets. I mean, it's like dating a blonde bombshell and flirting with Roseanne. It's like ... having a nice, clean, fresh-out-of-the-dryer pair of boxers and wearing a stained pair of tighty whities.

What else is it like folks?
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: are the laker starting to take a backseat to the clippers?

Postby nthydro on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:17 pm

JGC wrote:
LakerFanIam wrote:As a LA native & major Basketball Fan... I'm stoked that the Clippers are doing so well & are such an exciting team... I find myself sometimes rooting for them & other times hoping they fail... I would probably root for them over any other team in the Playoffs besides the Lakers... I'll never be a die hard, heart & soul fan though.... Never.


Rooting for the Clippers is like being a Yankee fan and rooting for the Mets. I mean, it's like dating a blonde bombshell and flirting with Roseanne. It's like ... having a nice, clean, fresh-out-of-the-dryer pair of boxers and wearing a stained pair of tighty whities.

What else is it like folks?


It's like dating Kim but banging Khloe.
nthydro

 
Posts: 1385
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:55 am

Re: are the laker starting to take a backseat to the clippers?

Postby ElginTheGreat on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:38 pm

nthydro wrote:
JGC wrote:
LakerFanIam wrote:As a LA native & major Basketball Fan... I'm stoked that the Clippers are doing so well & are such an exciting team... I find myself sometimes rooting for them & other times hoping they fail... I would probably root for them over any other team in the Playoffs besides the Lakers... I'll never be a die hard, heart & soul fan though.... Never.


Rooting for the Clippers is like being a Yankee fan and rooting for the Mets. I mean, it's like dating a blonde bombshell and flirting with Roseanne. It's like ... having a nice, clean, fresh-out-of-the-dryer pair of boxers and wearing a stained pair of tighty whities.

What else is it like folks?


It's like dating Kim but banging Khloe.



Aww man. Nice. LMAO.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
User avatar
ElginTheGreat

 
Posts: 2409
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:53 pm

Re: are the laker starting to take a backseat to the clippers?

Postby The Rock on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:21 pm

I hope the Clippers get 1 seed and we get the 4 seed. We play these mofools in 2nd round and dont have to travel. I'll take it
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19992
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: are the laker starting to take a backseat to the clippers?

Postby kenzo on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:29 pm

The Rock wrote:I hope the Clippers get 1 seed and we get the 4 seed. We play these mofools in 2nd round and dont have to travel. I'll take it

First round matchup is more probable :man9:
User avatar
kenzo

 
Posts: 5975
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:06 pm
Location: Poland

Re: are the laker starting to take a backseat to the clippers?

Postby Ariza3 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:52 pm

well be extremely lucky to end anything higher than 6th seed the way this team plays with inconsitent energy and care.
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4701
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: are the laker starting to take a backseat to the clippers?

Postby Ariza3 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:13 pm

clippers weakness being exposed by utah jazz. theyre playing slower and in the half court and just battling in the paint. clippers get a few 3's randomly but the jazz slowed it down and only run on turnovers.
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4701
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: are the laker starting to take a backseat to the clippers?

Postby JGC on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:26 pm

Ariza3 wrote:clippers weakness being exposed by utah jazz. theyre playing slower and in the half court and just battling in the paint. clippers get a few 3's randomly but the jazz slowed it down and only run on turnovers.


lol. Exposed? Cmon. Haha.
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: are the laker starting to take a backseat to the clippers?

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:09 pm

Laker fans jocking the Clippers is as bad as all the hate they spew on our own players. :man10:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30704
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: are the laker starting to take a backseat to the clippers?

Postby Chillbongo on Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:19 pm

16-0.

32-0.

25-0.
User avatar
Chillbongo

 
Posts: 3251
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: are the laker starting to take a backseat to the clippers?

Postby Lqv2015 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:56 am

Frank Dux wrote:
Lqv2015 wrote:Funny how Clipps are getting more attention all of a sudden when they're winning. Am I the only Clipps fan on this board?



You can't claim fandom to two teams.


I grew up loving basketball first. So it's not so unbelievable to root for both LA teams. It's more like having twins. One becomes smarter/better than the other one but you try to love each one equally. I'm not embarrass to root for the Clipps but you know who I'll be going for when they meet up.
LAKERS-4-LIFE
User avatar
Lqv2015

 
Posts: 6057
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:59 am

Re: are the laker starting to take a backseat to the clippers?

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:16 am

believe it or not there are a lot of clippers/lakers fans although I think after this year, that will become more defined....i feel that the lakers fans that also supported the clippers will all eventually become clippers fans because they get annoyed by the amount of idiot lakers fans that are insecure about the clippers and talk crap about them left and right.

its def getting to that point where you have to choose one side though....no longer can you be both a laker and a clipper fan...it's like being a laker and a celtic fan...it just doesn't work. You gotta pick a side. I hope the Clippers crash and burn and each time they win, I'm upset, not because I'm jealous, but because they're in the same conference, same division, SAME CITY as us, and they are knocking at our doorstep trying to take the keys to LA away from us.
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11764
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: are the laker starting to take a backseat to the clippers?

Postby Pig Miller on Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:54 am

^whoever those 'fans" are, will be the ones who just jump on any bandwagon.
Pig Miller

 
Posts: 2883
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:24 am

Re: are the laker starting to take a backseat to the clippers?

Postby DarthRekal on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:53 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Laker fans jocking the Clippers is as bad as all the hate they spew on our own players. :man10:

this.. i hate see "LAKERS" fans praise the Clippers and wana see "good" basketball...

I'm a LAKERS fan first and FOREMOST.. if its not the Lakers i really dont care.. I used to want the Clippers to do well cause the rep LA.. but now they are annoying... and all the LAKERS bandwagon fans are showing their true colors... just root for the winner HUH... :disagree:
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em
User avatar
DarthRekal
Cookie Monster
 
Posts: 21607
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:44 pm
Location: In The Refridgerator

Re: are the laker starting to take a backseat to the clippers?

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:55 am

How can you be a Clippers fan and Lakers fan? :man3:

They are rivals? :man3:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19457
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: are the laker starting to take a backseat to the clippers?

Postby LAKEROC on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:56 am

^ Never underestimate the incompetence of Donald Sterling. The man always finds a way to screw it up every single time. Don't worry... he'll screw this up as well, and I will again laugh at the Clippers for the joke they are.

Can they please just MOVE to Anaheim or to Seattle? Please GTFO of Los Angeles, Clippers! This is a Lakers town and it always will be.
LAKEROC

 
Posts: 2168
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:49 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.