are the lakers starting to take a backseat to the clippers?

Re: are the laker starting to take a backseat to the clippers?

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:23 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Pau is soft. What has he done in the playoffs since 2010? Nothing.

So then so is Kobe, Ron, Drew, LO and all the other guys on the team that got swept out of the playoffs? Are you saying Pau was not soft in 2010? Calling him soft is rediculous. THe guy is one of the main reasons we have back to back Championships. How easy Lakers fans forget.

When did I say Pau wasn't a big reason for those championships? He clearly was, but he has been nowhere near the same guy since. He refuses to play in the post and gets manhandled down there. He's still a terrific player, but soft.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:24 am

laker911 wrote:Image

:man10:

Good one.

RE: the OP, it's a LONG season. Have to see where everyone is when it all plays out.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:34 am

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Pau is soft. What has he done in the playoffs since 2010? Nothing.

So then so is Kobe, Ron, Drew, LO and all the other guys on the team that got swept out of the playoffs? Are you saying Pau was not soft in 2010? Calling him soft is rediculous. THe guy is one of the main reasons we have back to back Championships. How easy Lakers fans forget.

When did I say Pau wasn't a big reason for those championships? He clearly was, but he has been nowhere near the same guy since. He refuses to play in the post and gets manhandled down there. He's still a terrific player, but soft.

If Pau is soft then so are all the other guys since no one has played worth much in that time. Kobe has to be soft because his defense isn't anything like the early 00's Kobe. Ron must be soft because he wasn't even remotely reliable in fact he was out of shape and horrible on offense during that time. And if getting manhandled in the post is soft then I guess Dwight is soft now too. Tim Duncan is soft. Hell, everyone in the league is soft except for Faried who leads the league in rebounds. Oh well, I can see where jocking the Clippers is helpful because they got those "hardass" players like Griffin, Jordan, and CP3.... Yup, Dennis Rodman, Charles Oakley and Isiah Thomas tough they are I sure wish Pau was not "hard" like those guys.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Re: are the lakers starting to take a backseat to the clippers?

Postby DarthRekal on Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:00 pm

20 bucks says Clips lose today... trap game.. denver is "pretty much" undefeated at home.. and altitude :man1:
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em

DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:43 pm

Darth-You know the CLippers are the bestest team in the West. Hell they are the Championship favorites. No way they lose to any team. Hell they may never lose again. Greatest LA team ever.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:20 pm

DarthRekal wrote:20 bucks says Clips lose today... trap game.. denver is "pretty much" undefeated at home.. and altitude :man1:

Hope not. I'm a grown man but I want to believe in Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny. I want them undefeated on that streak, and then in their own "home setting" with the ugly bleep lights up like they had to agree to continue to run when the Lakers went "lights out".....I want the Lakers to effing crush them on Friday. I've been reasonably good Santa.....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!
LTLakerFan

Postby bystander on Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:58 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:

Bipolar.

I'm not going to pull a Doc Brown and make fun of you with your post history but man, you know it. Every topic is the same with you, can't keep an opinion straight more than a month.
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:55 pm

bystander.....nice avi :jam2: plain and simple.....be proud of who you are. I agree with others.... "All Day Every Day" Brown, on top of Pau's summer international ball every year has put a "hurt" on his knees and feet. That said, for the life of me I don't understand why he doesn't get stronger up top with the weights and machines (like when he couldn't play for a couple of weeks....what the hell else was there to do?) and keep that strength consistently. He's been "bigger" and stronger before and it didn't seem to hurt his touch.
LTLakerFan

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:53 pm

anytime we play the clippers at home and they get a call from a flop, staples center should play a remixed "Rack City" and have it say "Flop City" instead. its unreal how many flops hard fouls they get away with
Ariza3

Postby DarthRekal on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:47 am

DarthRekal wrote:20 bucks says Clips lose today... trap game.. denver is "pretty much" undefeated at home.. and altitude :man1:

:man1:
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em

DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby The Rock on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:02 pm

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/286518447716827136

Of the Clippers' 17 straight wins, only 4 were vs teams currently over .500, and none of those 4 teams are more than 3 games over .500.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby sharko on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:14 pm

The Clippers are the better team right now, and they've been able to beat the teams they are supposed to beat. The Lakers haven't been able to do that. That said, the Clippers won't come close to being on the Lakers level in this town until they have 3-5 championships under their belt.
sharko

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:30 pm

Looking at the Clippers now and they still have the same issue they have always had: If they can't push or flop they can't play. If they get running and gunning it leads to success but they can't stop from being pounded without fouling. If the refs call the fouls it takes them completely out of the game. When the playoffs come the Clips will be exposed.
puffyusaf#2

Postby The Rock on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:24 pm

Did you know both lakers and clippers have each won 6 of their last 8 games played :man10: :man1:

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:31 pm

FWIW, the Paper Clips looked pretty weak the last two games. Then again, we stunk on New Year's Day. The battle of slumping LA.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Fri May 03, 2013 9:30 pm

So I've had this thread bookmarked especially for this occasion. :man1: All I have to say is HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Clippers, "championship contenders", "the new kings of LA", the best Clipper team of all time, 50+ win season, first time winners of the Pacific Division, BOUNCED IN THE FIRST ROUND. :lol: :fatshaq: :dre:

Like I said in a long post months and months ago, the Clippers will always be the Clippers. They will find a way to screw it up, they will not win a title despite being so "entertaining" (they are lob city after all), they will NEVER be the kings of LA. Like I said, they will find a way to be the Clippers, they'll never win with that owner, Griffin and Jordan are "exciting" to watch, but they aren't taking you to a title. So much for the depth too in the end, Crawford shrank, Hill was a non-factor. Now who knows if CP3 even stays, I sure as hell wouldn't, Clippers deep down are cursed to be losers, I'd want no part of if. New kings of LA, ha ha.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Frank Dux on Fri May 03, 2013 9:32 pm

:man10: The Clippers "best season ever" pretty ended up the same as the the Lakers "worst season ever.
Frank Dux

Postby Doc Brown on Fri May 03, 2013 9:33 pm

Show that division banner proud Clippers. Let that s*** fly for years to come. Just make sure you are facing forward so that reverse sweep broom handle isn't seen sticking out of your a***s.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby jonnyshevanel on Fri May 03, 2013 9:38 pm

Frank Dux wrote::man10: The Clippers "best season ever" pretty ended up the same as the the Lakers "worst season ever.

LOL so funny and true, love it xD
jonnyshevanel

Postby Helljumper on Fri May 03, 2013 9:40 pm

Classic Clippers :man10:
Helljumper

Postby hollywood swinger on Fri May 03, 2013 9:44 pm

i said the clipps would flame out early in the playoffs. they are not near championship ready. now is the time to pounce on getting cp3 if you really want him.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby Tobias Funke on Fri May 03, 2013 9:54 pm

Weezy wrote:The Clippers will always be the Clippers. They will find a way to screw it up....

I say this all the time almost word for word to people who claim "its the Clippers' turn". They say Im delusional, and yet year after year the Clippers do what the Clippers do.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Sat May 04, 2013 12:02 am

They got no further than we did, and our team was missing a majority of our starters.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby DeepFrost on Sat May 04, 2013 4:14 am

:man9:
DeepFrost

Postby lotus on Sat May 04, 2013 7:30 am

Watching CP3 lead the clips in the playoffs looked the same to me as when he was with the hornets that year when we went 6 games (or maybe it was 7) against them in the playoffs a few years back. It just looks like he's relied on too much, plays his a** off, while nursing an injury, with nothing to show for it but a 1st round exit. I don't know if the Lakers is a good situation for him because of their uncertainty, but the guy's talent is sort of being wasted.

Oh!, and someone should have told him about the clipper curse before he signed. Haa.
lotus

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion