Are you going to continue to watch every game?

Are you going to continue to watch this team?

Yes, til death do us part
63%
No, I have a life to live now
11%
I'll check in from time to time
25%

Total votes : 60

Are you going to continue to watch every game?

Postby Lqv2015 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:43 pm

Obviously this season is not what everyone anticipate it to be. It's almost comical how bad the Lakers has become. But will you continue to watch this train wreck? Are you going to stick it out with your beloved franchise no matter how bad it gets?
LAKERS-4-LIFE
Lqv2015

Re: Are you going to continue to watch every game?

Postby The Rock on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:45 pm

Of course. I love basketball too much. I love our team too much. I love Kobe, Howard and rest of our guys. We follow these guys every single day its just like family some days you wanna punch them some days you praise them like crazy but Im addicted to this team through its ups and downs thats why Im a Laker fan...win or lose.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Weezy on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:48 pm

Yes. I'm a fan good or bad, I'll go down with the ship. When we do win again it's going to be that much sweeter because we endured the down times.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Nashty Gal on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:48 pm

damn right. You gotta support the team always, otherwise you're just a bandwagon fan. It hurts, but I can't help but watch and support. Especially when you have a greats like Kobe and Nash. But i won't be watching the finals lol don't care if the lakers aren't there
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:49 pm

This is what fans do, keep rooting for their team through bad times ... however I give myself the right to stop watching if our team doesn't start caring more when D12 and Pau come back
wcsoldier81

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:49 pm

Weezy wrote:Yes. I'm a fan good or bad, I'll go down with the ship. When we do win again it's going to be that much sweeter because we endured the down times.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Jellincon on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:49 pm

YES, TILL DEATH DO US PART!!!
Jellincon

Postby GoldenKnight on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:50 pm

Are you kidding? These guys are like family to us, we arrange our schedules to see them perform, they're practically in our living room every other day, we purchase things to support them, we defend them when we hear somebody talk smack about them, we are there for them when they win so why wouldn't we be when they don't? It would be a travesty to not watch them even if they lose every single game from here until the end of the season, management might make mistakes but they are as committed to winning as any franchise for themselves & for the fans. Purple & Gold through thick & thin, I am here for the long run & that is what being a fan truly is. We are all a big Laker family & tough times might stink but they cannot divide us.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:03 am

I'm sorry OP, don't take this personal but I'm really pissed that we or someone needs to even ask this question. Of course, I'm going to continue to watch and if there are any so-called fans that are serious when they say they are done watching them and leave just like that.....then they weren't or never were true Lakers fans from the start. I even get pissed inside when I'm in or reading in the Gameday thread that people leave or stop watching the game all together even though its not over.

Obviously life and family comes first and if someone can't finish or watch the games because of a personal matter, fine, I totally understand that. But if someone says they are done watching games and seriously never watches another game this year. :disagree: Mentally weak and they never were, are, or will be fans of this team.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:08 am

(double post)

Part of the fun and challenge of going through a very tough stretch for a successful fan base such as us Lakers fans is that we are all going through it together. I love a lot of the posters in this forum because some of you (Doc Brown, fkmikebrown & many more) know how to bring some of the humor and outlandish things into the lime light when all hope seems lost and that is great and something I appreciate and enjoy reading each day

It's what makes winning titles and things that much more satisfying, rewarding, and down right special when you go through S*** like this.
Last edited by Battle Tested20 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Battle Tested20

Postby Armani on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:10 am

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
Weezy wrote:Yes. I'm a fan good or bad, I'll go down with the ship. When we do win again it's going to be that much sweeter because we endured the down times.

:jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

I endured the 2005 Laker season too... let's go. I am sure I can handle this.
Armani

Postby The Laker Link on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:13 am

I want to say yes, but work and homework tell me that I have to check in from time to time. I check scores and things on my phone though, so I feel like I am "involved"

Honestly, though, if I had more time.....I would watch the games. When you get this deep into basketball, you want to watch games. Losing sucks to watch but since you know the Lakers are the Lakers and thing can't always happen.............things will work out.

I am a loyalist through thick or thin, and I want to be so more to prove to the world, that i am not some bandwagon fan for the winning team, but a true fan that cares all the time.

We aren't Boston. We won't call CP3, KD, Duncan, Rondo, LeBron, or anyone else "MVP" in our arena only to boo them come the NBA Finals. We chant "MVP" only to our players and we stick to that.

We might like people from other teams, but we don't give them "MVP" chants when our team is doing bad.
Last edited by The Laker Link on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Laker Link

Postby Lqv2015 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:13 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:I'm sorry OP, don't take this personal but I'm really pissed that we or someone needs to even ask this question. Of course, I'm going to continue to watch and if there are any so-called fans that are serious when they say they are done watching them and leave just like that.....then they weren't or never were true Lakers fans from the start. I even get pissed inside when I'm in or reading in the Gameday thread that people leave or stop watching the game all together even though its not over.

Obviously life and family comes first and if someone can't finish or watch the games because of a personal matter, fine, I totally understand that. But if someone says they are done watching games and seriously never watches another game this year. :disagree: Mentally weak and they never were, are, or will be fans of this team.

Not at all. It's just to get a census record of this board. And by the posts in the game day thread, half of the fans should be gone by now.
LAKERS-4-LIFE
Lqv2015

Postby kobebryant248 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:14 am

yup because i am a true fan
kobebryant248

Postby lakersyunowin on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:16 am

i'll still be watching the games, but i won't be happy about it.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:17 am

Lqv2015 wrote:
Battle Tested20 wrote:I'm sorry OP, don't take this personal but I'm really pissed that we or someone needs to even ask this question. Of course, I'm going to continue to watch and if there are any so-called fans that are serious when they say they are done watching them and leave just like that.....then they weren't or never were true Lakers fans from the start. I even get pissed inside when I'm in or reading in the Gameday thread that people leave or stop watching the game all together even though its not over.

Not at all. It's just to get a census record of this board. And by the posts in the game day thread, half of the fans should be gone by now.

yeah I feel ya. And again, I should be more sensitive to the people that just say they are leaving the gameday thread because heck I don't know what they have going on. Maybe they made family plans and gave to go somewhere. That doesn't mean they aren't any less of a fan. I just don't like it and I know some people kid about this but say "screw this I'm done" and actually leave haha. Not cool
Battle Tested20

Postby revgen on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:23 am

Yes. I'm a sadist.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby scissors on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:27 am

It's painful to watch sometimes but I still look forward to every single Lakers games.
scissors

Postby khmrP on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:28 am

watch but no longer hold any sort of expectations to win anymore :man6: it'll just stress me out and put me in a really sour mood if/when they lose.
khmrP

Postby ojdidit123 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:32 am

khmrP wrote:watch but no longer hold any sort of expectations to win anymore :man6: it'll just stress me out and put me in a really sour mood if/when they lose.

What took you so long? Anyone who didn't give up after the MDA hire just makes no sense to me but you'll be much happier now man good for you. I'll keep watching for comic relief mostly because I've just come to laugh at this team but its really sympathetic because its sad how pathetic this years team is :bang:
ojdidit123

Postby kobe2413 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:40 am

of course i will! love the lakers even i have to wake up in the nights to watch them
KOBE BRYANT = G.O.A.T.

http://youtu.be/dtWbTZbfkI8 : fans of the greatest basketball team in europe: Panathinaikos
kobe2413

Postby quartzcharm on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:41 am

Whether good or bad, I'm a Lakers fan and cheer for them regardless.
quartzcharm

Postby Kit on Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:06 am

Still watch and still go to the game.
Kit

Postby ThizGuy83 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:36 am

i havent watched a laker game since they lost to the sixers on jan 1... and i must say... my stress level is at an all time low and my health has improved... had so much anticipation for this season and just seeing it go down like this...i endured the 2004-05 season... hell i remember the 93-94 season when they didnt make the playoffs that year... i still check on the score for the laker games and i get so upset when at one moment the game is close and i start getting high hopes... then i check again later on and lakers are down big... i just shake my head and say to myself... why do i get myself all excited for
Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
ThizGuy83

Postby Finwë on Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:43 am

No question.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion