Arenas cheering for Kobe!!!!!!

Arenas cheering for Kobe!!!!!!

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Mon May 12, 2003 12:08 pm

Hey guys,

I was listening to 1540 this morning, and Petros Papadakis and some other guy where saying that Gilbert Arenas was in the front row at Staples Center (I'm not sure which game it is) and was seen cheering loudly for Kobe Bryant in almost every play.

Could this be a sign that Gilbert is heading back home??????

I guess watching the playoffs from the crowd is something he doesn't want and he wants that to change.
Join the Lakers Gilbert and your next playoff experience is in the court!!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby 4Rings on Mon May 12, 2003 12:31 pm

we will see next season if Arenas values money or the chance to win a championship more.

I really hope he comes here. He would be a great addition to this team. :man12:
4Rings

Postby BDG on Mon May 12, 2003 12:52 pm

COME HOME GILBERT! I would love to see GA play in LA.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Reddy on Mon May 12, 2003 2:09 pm

YEAH!!!!!!!!!
COME GILBERT!
ON OUR QUEST 4 FIVE! :man1:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon May 12, 2003 3:48 pm

Whoa!! That's a good attitude!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby FirstLady on Mon May 12, 2003 3:53 pm

That's interesting.

I was at game 1 of the 2000 play-offs between our Lakers and the Queens. Sitting in the row directly behind me and my peeps was none other than Jim Jackson. I find that interesting too, especially since he now plays for the Queens.

Hmmm??
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)

Postby BDG on Mon May 12, 2003 4:24 pm

whoa... i hope that's a sign that Arenas is comin to the Lakers.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Mon May 12, 2003 9:03 pm

The only thing different is that the Lakers are interested in Arenas this year, while I'm not sure if they were with Jimmy Jackson on that year.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

ONE

Postby Guest on Tue May 13, 2003 4:51 am

ONE.......... 1.......... UNO.............

That is how many players I know of that took rings over money. His name? Rick Fox.

Can any of you name any other player that passed up millions of dollars to play for the team he wanted ? I'd love to have Arenas in LA, but logic / history tells me he'll be signing in Denver or with whoever else offers up the big money. Too bad, he's the tall guard Phil Jax loves.

Postby GoldenEye on Tue May 13, 2003 8:02 am

It will be a dream to have Arenas & Kobe ...

Imagine 1-2-3 punch with Kobe-Shaq and Gilbert ...
But as usual he will go for the buckets, there is a long way to go before he thinks RING.

Could we done it via trade ? Any suggestions ?
GoldenEye

trade

Postby Guest on Tue May 13, 2003 8:13 am

I don't see LA having anyone anyone else wants other then Shaq / Kobe. Just don't see anyone really wanting Samaki. ha ha

Postby shaqass on Tue May 13, 2003 8:51 am

GoldenEye wrote:But as usual he will go for the buckets, there is a long way to go before he thinks RING.?

Yes agree. We have heard so many time players saying that the only thing they wanted was a title. This last during summer holiday and finished as soon as the first working day. No way Arena will come, and God, I would like to see that happen soooo much :bang: ! I am not even sure that Pippen will come if he can get more elsewhere. See Sabonis.
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Postby Snakell Beast on Tue May 13, 2003 9:26 am

I have an eerie feeling that Gilbert Arenas will be wearing purple and gold next year alongside Karl Malone and a surprisingly good draft pick...the Spurs and the league better pounce on us now while we are short handed and slightly vulnerable cause we are only going to improve....
Snakell Beast

Postby GoldenEye on Wed May 14, 2003 1:00 am

Snakell Beast wrote:I have an eerie feeling that Gilbert Arenas will be wearing purple and gold next year alongside Karl Malone and a surprisingly good draft pick...the Spurs and the league better pounce on us now while we are short handed and slightly vulnerable cause we are only going to improve....

I just hope that your feeling comes true except for Malone ... I don't think Karl is a good match for LA, I'll go better for PJ or Keon.
GoldenEye

Postby shaqass on Wed May 14, 2003 1:06 am

Malone wants to go after Jabbar's record therefore we should forget him. I would love to see Keon in our team...
shaqass

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed May 14, 2003 1:12 am

shaqass wrote:Malone will only goes after Jabbar's record therefore we should forget him. I would love to see Keon in our team...

Records are made to be broken, and all Malone wants is a ring, just like all the great players who never won a championship before... If Malone is a good aquisition for the team, then so be it, and get his fast, cuz he's not gettin n e younger... :bow:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby shaqass on Wed May 14, 2003 1:26 am

I would not go after him for 3 reasons. First he pursues two goal at the same time. I would love to see him breaking the record but what we need in Lakers land is role player that want to do the small thing and D. He is maybe mature enough to forget about the record but I would not take the risk to see him forcing shoot and make the 1-2 punch angry just because there is this record. 2) he is a leader but can be as well an agitator. Which one will he be? 3) he is old. this is short term move and I am fed up with power forward changing every single season. This year we have at last a good opportunity to resolve our PF problem for let's say 3 years...let's do it!!!!
shaqass

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 14, 2003 11:13 am

Here are three reasons I GO FOR MALONE:

#1. Experience. Karl knows what it takes to win games and he DOES all the little things. He has more tricks up his sleeve than any other pF in the game and has battled with Webber, Duncan and Garnett for YEARS

#2. Talent. He has as much talent today as any PF in the league offensively, especially as a third option. He aleady said he feels good enough to play until he is 45 and that is 5 seasons. he only needs 3 at 14 ppg to break the scoring record, and he can do it all on OUR team as a #3 option.

#3. Respect. The refs respect him like no other PF and wouldn't you all agree that his presence is something we sorely need to get the refs to side with us a little more often? His veteran experience and reputation are just what the doctor ordered for our refitis...
Snakell Beast

Postby shaqass on Wed May 14, 2003 11:35 am

Snakell Beast wrote:Here are three reasons I GO FOR MALONE:

#1. Experience. Karl knows what it takes to win games and he DOES all the little things. He has more tricks up his sleeve than any other pF in the game and has battled with Webber, Duncan and Garnett for YEARS

#2. Talent. He has as much talent today as any PF in the league offensively, especially as a third option. He aleady said he feels good enough to play until he is 45 and that is 5 seasons. he only needs 3 at 14 ppg to break the scoring record, and he can do it all on OUR team as a #3 option.

#3. Respect. The refs respect him like no other PF and wouldn't you all agree that his presence is something we sorely need to get the refs to side with us a little more often? His veteran experience and reputation are just what the doctor ordered for our refitis...

#1 nothing to say about this point, you are right.
#2 yes, nothing to say as well for that. He is good. But do you really think he can play 3 to 5 more seasons :man7: ?? Even if he would like to play his body won't allow him to do it. And even if his body would allow im to play that long I wouldn't take the risk as a GM to invest so much money with so much risk. If he takes the 1M exception, I would say ok :man12:
#3 hey you are right again! Well finally we should take him :man10:

There is a lot of good thing he could bring but I see as well some black clouds. And I am pretty sure that no one nowadays can be a starter til 43.
shaqass

Return to Lakers Discussion