Arenas is our best choice for PG

Who is best suited to run the point for the Lakers in 2003-2004?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:29 am

Gilbert Arenas
22%
Jason Terry
No votes
Gary Payton
77%
Jason Kidd
No votes
Luke Ridnour
No votes
Derek Fisher
No votes
Kobe Bryant
No votes
Someone Else
No votes

Total votes : 9

Arenas is our best choice for PG

Postby GA2KB4da-bling-bling on Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:29 am

Laker Faithful, Far & Wide,
First off... I'm happy to have finally found a seemingly rational and informative Laker discussion board. Secondly, I'm relieved to find Laker fans who seem as crazy as me.

now lemme git down to da bizzo...

Gilbert Arenas may be the best possible fit for the Lakers next year, but I'm curious about the specifics of his restricted free agent status and the Lakers MLE. From what I understand the Lakers can offer $4.7mil, while the Warriors can match offers up to $4.7mil... What gives? Where are the decimal points? What are the known technicalities?
Any other PG ideas? I've heard Jason Terry mentioned, though I firmly believe that Arenas is a future All-Star and we should do our best at snagging him while he's "relatively" cheap. If we can swing a deal for Arenas, most of our Laker retooling for the 2003-04 campaign will be in place. That may give us the NBA's premier back-up PG who is familiar with the triangle in Fisher. Our bench/depth would immediately be bolstered.

Peace,
Will
Do you play for the love or the money?
GA2KB4da-bling-bling

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Wed Jun 25, 2003 3:51 am

I agree that Arenas would be the perfect fit to Phils triangle offense not to mention that he can relieve pressure from Shaq by hitting his shots and can relieve KOBE the burden in bringing the ball up court and start our offense....(whew long sentence)....
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:26 am

Of course, in Snakell and I's head to head (yes double person article -- first ever) comes out... We will go down the list of the free agents and analyze why (me) and why not (snakell) the Lakers should take this player.

We have 3 players for every position, totaling 15 players overall...

Gary Payton and or Arenas would take care of the point g./guard problem. I really hope they get Arenas as well...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:21 am

anyone heard of Aleksandar Pavlovic
http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/alexsandarpavlovic.htm
He is projected at 19 in the nbadraft.net mock draft site. There is a chance he might fall 5 slots. Should we take him if he's there at the 24th? This guy is a awesome scorer and athlete from what I read. What does everybody else think of him?
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:55 pm

I picked GP... He's a vet and knows how to get tha job done. Money isn't an issue, he wants a ring. I didn't pick D-Fish cuz we already have him.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby kingjsun on Wed Jun 25, 2003 3:40 pm

I had a really weird dream. GP signs with Lakers, gets a phone call from an old friend, call lasts about an hour or two. Friend on the other line says he wants the same trainer Shaq has and wants to also be a laker. A week later... Kemp is working out with Shaq's trainer getting back in Sonic shape right after signing for the LLE. Weird isn't it? :man3:
Buckle up! This off season is going to be some ride...
kingjsun

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:39 am

KEMP???

And then u woke up.... lol :man10:
LakersGyrl2003

Return to Lakers Discussion