Ariza or Sasha , Shannon, Farmar level of difference?

Ariza or Sasha , Shannon, Farmar level of difference?

Postby Vlade_12 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:46 pm

over the last two and half years people have wonder would have happened if we retained our youth, quickness and speed around the perimeter. Would this current laker team be struggling as much as they are now with these 3 individuals

minus
Meeks, Blake, Ebanks

instead
Ariza/Sasha, Shannon, Farmar
Howard Gasol
Clark Hill
MWP
Kobe Meeks
Nash Duhon
Playoff rotation! Bring Casspi or Ariza back home for a Title Run Mitch!!!
Vlade_12

Re: Ariza or Sasha , Shannon, Farmar level of difference?

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:48 pm

Farmar and Shannon left of their own accord. Ariza played hardball and lost, and now he's not good at all. Sasha sucked by the time he was traded.

So no. Unless you could magically make Farmar and Shannon want to stay, our bench would look no better.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:52 pm

I think Shannon wanted to stay but since we lost mgmt. wanted new blood in Bell but that fell through and we got Barnes instaed. Everyone else left on their own and Sasha sucks.
khmrP

Postby Weezy on Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:55 pm

therealdeal wrote:Farmar and Shannon left of their own accord. Ariza played hardball and lost, and now he's not good at all. Sasha sucked by the time he was traded.

So no. Unless you could magically make Farmar and Shannon want to stay, our bench would look no better.

This. It's not like the FO wanted them gone, Farmar left for more playing time or to try and get a starting job, Shannon got a little more money elsewhere I believe and was kinda done here, and Ariza lost out to Artest, who really helped us win that title in 2010. As for Sasha, he was playing poorly here at the end, he couldn't get minutes, so he was traded.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:17 pm

Farmar and Shannon were probably two of the lowest IQ players we've had here. Farmar was absolutely horrendous on D. Worse than Fish was as an old washed up guy.

Ariza took a great playoff series and really used that to get paid. He is okay. Nothing special. He should thank Mitch for reclaiming him and making him a multi-millionaire.

Sasha, the machine, was what VHS is to DVD ... obsolete technology. :man10:

I would take a savvy vet over dumb youth any day. Level of difference would be how quickly those young guys foul themselves out of the game. I hated Sasha's fake hustle and fouling a PG just past the half court line. That used to drive me bananas. The he would put his hands up like "Ref, what are you doing? I didn't touch him!
"Better learn not to talk to me. You shake the tree, a leopard's gonna fall out." - Kobe Bryant

One of the funniest posts I've read in a sports forum:

"Lebron's talents went South, his hair went North, and his mom went West."
Big Mamma Jamma

Postby XXIV on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:21 pm

Some people might not remember but we didn't want Shannon to return as he was really becoming an inefficient chucker. Sasha was only playing well as a practice player, Farmar wanted to leave to play in a different system and get the opportunity to start, and Ariza's agent tried to play hardball with Mitch which ended up backfiring.
XXIV

Postby lakers_09tv on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:35 pm

They are better than the trash we have now. Which is sad.

Farmar and Sasha played well in New Jersey.
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby lakersin4 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:26 pm

Would love to have Farmar & Ariza back now to lead the bench.. Jordan would have finally got his wish to start for us during this stretch without Nash. I prefer Meeks to Shannon or Sasha.
lakersin4

Postby 432J on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:31 pm

the only one who the FO was responsible for departing was brown

like discussed earlier, farmar left for more playing time and ariza tried to get more money and lost. look where they're at now. as for brown, he was nice off the bench for a couple years and i really liked him until he started shooting too much in 10-11
432J

Postby solenstyle on Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:41 pm

lakers_09tv wrote:They are better than the trash we have now. Which is sad.

Farmar and Sasha played well in New Jersey.

solenstyle

Postby trodgers on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:06 pm

I have been a fan of Sasha's game since the Lakers drafted him. I think he could help the team.

Now, running the D'Antoni scheme, it would seem that both Farmar and Shannon (both of whose games I really disliked) would be good fits.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Lakersball.com. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby nameant on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:00 pm

Say what you want...but one thing I always appreciated with Farmar, Shannon, Ariza, and Sasha was constant hustle and constant energy. They might have come in with a lot of energy and made dumb mistakes, but at least they were out there hustling. When they were bad, they were bad...but when they were good, they were usually the difference.
nameant

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:11 pm

Miss Ariza. If not for his dumb agent, he would still be a Laker. Without him, we do not win a championship in 2009. Was always disappointed to hear that we replaced Artest with Ariza. That's when we first started to get older and slower. This team could desparately use a young and active body like Ariza at the 3. Artest? :bang:
Lets Go Lakers

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:38 pm

Lets Go Lakers wrote:Miss Ariza. If not for his dumb agent, he would still be a Laker. Without him, we do not win a championship in 2009. Was always disappointed to hear that we replaced Artest with Ariza. That's when we first started to get older and slower. This team could desparately use a young and active body like Ariza at the 3. Artest? :bang:

i miss ariza too

also...CDR. :man6:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby artuditu on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:01 pm

I'll always remember how in 2008 Sasha and Farmar looked as very promising players, except for the Finals against Boston, they played quite well. I was sure that team had such a great potential in the future because of those young players improving next to Kobe-Pau-Lamar-Drew. Then they completely vanished playing so much poorly, specially Sasha, that was hard to swallow.
artuditu

Postby LooN3y on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:11 pm

Lets Go Lakers wrote:Miss Ariza. If not for his dumb agent, he would still be a Laker. Without him, we do not win a championship in 2009. Was always disappointed to hear that we replaced Artest with Ariza. That's when we first started to get older and slower. This team could desparately use a young and active body like Ariza at the 3. Artest? :bang:

we won with artest, so i have complains about that, but id love in my fantasy world have both artest and ariza.

they can be so interchangable, artest can guard the bigger 3, stretch 4s, guard the 3s that work the post more often.

ariza can guard the younger faster and slimmer 3's , and swingmens.

and a nash/farmar back court would of been great, farmar wasnt great at D at all, but atleast he can keep up with the faster guards, and he FINISHED AT THE RIM, and he had a tendency to hit timely shots, buzzer beaters, game changing.

but yes i rather have meeks than shannon. and in a perfect world, we would of kept odom and given he stayed in tip top shape

my fantasy team would be

Nash/Farmar Actually Sessions (if sessions goddamn didnt opt out)/Fisher
Kobe/Meeks/Glock
Artest/Ariza/CDR
Jamison/Odom
Howard/Gasol/Hill
LooN3y

Postby LALShowtime on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:36 pm

For real i miss Sasha, Trevor and Farmar and shannon
I remember when we had Odom coming off the bench damn
they weren't the best but the hustle was their and they deff did have thier moments

i remember we were so quick to judge em when they were playing....i guess you never really know what you have till it's gone

i would trade this bench in a second to bring those guys back
LALShowtime

Postby Forward Three on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:56 pm

Say what you will about those 4 guys, but they did have chemistry with everyone else on the team while they were here. None of them were exceptional talents really, in the grand scheme of things 'solid ballers' is what you can say about them, but they had x-factor qualities for this team as well and they all played their roles in respective Championship runs. I wish our team showed even half of the unity that those guys showed back when they were 'the bench mob'.
Forward Three

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:31 am

Ariza - was replaced by a motivated Metta, who proved key several times in the 2010 playoffs and defending Paul Pierce, who Ariza struggled with.

Sasha - never got back to his "Machine" like shooting once he was resigned.

Shannon - explosive and athletic, but was ended up shooting himself in the foot trying to do his best Kobe impression.

Farmar - was a great backup, not a starter. he provided the energy, aggressiveness and shooting the bench required. he just left for a starting job, blake was available (EVERYONE wanted him, except me).
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby LooN3y on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:10 am

lakerfan2 wrote:Ariza - was replaced by a motivated Metta, who proved key several times in the 2010 playoffs and defending Paul Pierce, who Ariza struggled with.

Shannon - explosive and athletic, but was ended up shooting himself in the foot trying to do his best Kobe impression.

Farmar - was a great backup, not a starter. he provided the energy, aggressiveness and shooting the bench required. he just left for a starting job, blake was available (EVERYONE wanted him, except me).

i never wanted blake, we was obviously not the answer, we dont need a traditional point guard at all, the only reason farmar fit was because he shot alot and liked to shoot so he was looking for his shot. a good shooting PG that can play off the ball.

we need a shooting PG to along with kobe, especially with kobe, if not that PG better be a great shooter, so nash is a good fit. sessions along kobe was not.

chris duhon is a good fit (remember years ago when he was on the knicks a lot people were pushing for him?), i was really pushing for mo williams, he played really good off the ball with lebron with his spot up shooting,

chauncey billups is a good fit just for the fact that he can shoot lights out.\

blake was a horrible fit and i never wanted him on our lakers team, hes doesn't have a true stroke, and he needs the ball to be effective. playing off the ball with kobe waiting on the 3pt line and passing up wide open 3's is just horrible.
LooN3y

Postby LooN3y on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:15 am

lakerfan2 wrote:Ariza - was replaced by a motivated Metta, who proved key several times in the 2010 playoffs and defending Paul Pierce, who Ariza struggled with.

i never wanted blake, we was obviously not the answer, we dont need a traditional point guard at all, the only reason farmar fit was because he shot alot and liked to shoot so he was looking for his shot. a good shooting PG that can play off the ball.

we need a shooting PG to along with kobe, especially with kobe, if not that PG better be a great shooter, so nash is a good fit. sessions along kobe was not.

chris duhon is a good fit (remember years ago when he was on the knicks a lot people were pushing for him?), i was really pushing for mo williams, he played really good off the ball with lebron with his spot up shooting,

chauncey billups is a good fit just for the fact that he can shoot lights out.\

blake was a horrible fit and i never wanted him on our lakers team, hes doesn't have a true stroke, and he needs the ball to be effective. playing off the ball with kobe waiting on the 3pt line and passing up wide open 3's is just horrible.
LooN3y

Postby lakersStan24 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:11 am

Meeks,Ariza,Sasha, Shannon, Farmar, Jamison We'd Be Fine with that Bench
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby l__o on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:47 am

Ariza can do more than Ron when matching up against LBJ

Ron cant match up with speed but only the powerful guys
Ariza have quick hands which could stop LBJ asssisstting
l__o

Return to Lakers Discussion