Artest is 4-24 in the last 3 games

Re: Artest is 4-24 in the last 3 games

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:47 pm

l8kerboi23 wrote:Johnny, let the kid have his fun attacking people behind a keyboard :man10:

anyways like Bill Walton always says, "It's not how many shots you make, it's how many you take"..


I suppose that calling people kids behind a keyboard is nothing like attacking people. I would wager that the fact that you used the term kid would indicate that you aren't strong enough in your own seniority or authority to stand on your own thoughts. Using a quote would be awesom if it applied to my response to the thread. I suggest that you may want to read, take in what you have read, re-read, analyze, then verify what you think before responding to people. That way you may not make the mistake of looking foolish in responding completely out of context of the conversation old guy.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30487
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: Artest is 4-24 in the last 3 games

Postby Johnnyboy on Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:07 pm

what makes you think its your job to stop overreaction? lol. Stop "wishing" and "praying". Your act is getting old. You try and "dissect" peoples post and most of us on here just laugh at you. And yes you are being negative. Your not just disagreeing, your saying things like..."oh lord, when will laker fans get it" as if only you and the lord get it and everyone else doesn't. LMAO.

Ive seen people "back up" what they say dozens of times...But since you disagree you think they are wrong. The more you say, the less it seems you know what your talking about. And if you think im alone in my opinion your wrong.. (again). Be cool and lets move forward and talk basketball.
User avatar
Johnnyboy

 
Posts: 1921
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:31 am

Re: Artest is 4-24 in the last 3 games

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Johnnyboy wrote:what makes you think its your job to stop overreaction? lol. Stop "wishing" and "praying". Your act is getting old. You try and "dissect" peoples post and most of us on here just laugh at you. And yes you are being negative. Your not just disagreeing, your saying things like..."oh lord, when will laker fans get it" as if only you and the lord get it and everyone else doesn't. LMAO.

Ive seen people "back up" what they say dozens of times...But since you disagree you think they are wrong. The more you say, the less it seems you know what your talking about. And if you think im alone in my opinion your wrong.. (again). Be cool and lets move forward and talk basketball.


Prove your point. You can't. First, I could care less if you or any of your buddy bunch are laughing at me. In fact if they had the ability they would dispute my point. Wether I disagree or not that is my opinion. It is my job like everyone else's to stop the overreactions because we don't need 18 threads on the same topic. Maybe you don't get it. Maybe one of the people I have laughed at is your bestest friend and you feel slighted about it. I don't know and I don't care. Everyone of your post to me have some drastic unproveable generalizations like "they say dozens of times" or "most of us are laughing at you". I could say that most of us are laughing at you for your "save the overreactors" crusade. Like I said prove your point or jump off my nutts.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30487
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: Artest is 4-24 in the last 3 games

Postby kkmrx7 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:21 pm

Don't know what all the arguing is about... the title is simply a fact.
Image
Yeah, I stole the sig.
Image
User avatar
kkmrx7

 
Posts: 1280
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:40 pm
Location: Student at UCLA!

Re: Artest is 4-24 in the last 3 games

Postby Johnnyboy on Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:10 pm

kkmrx7 wrote:Don't know what all the arguing is about... the title is simply a fact.



because if you point out anything wrong with the lakers. Puffy curls up in a ball and cries. then he goes on this website and tells people they are wrong and they can't prove anything. lol
User avatar
Johnnyboy

 
Posts: 1921
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:31 am

Re: Artest is 4-24 in the last 3 games

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:17 pm

Johnnyboy wrote:
kkmrx7 wrote:Don't know what all the arguing is about... the title is simply a fact.



because if you point out anything wrong with the lakers. Puffy curls up in a ball and cries. then he goes on this website and tells people they are wrong and they can't prove anything. lol


And yet again my little fanboy comes in to speak again. Are my nuts that interesting to you? You have yet to disprove my point instead you run in here like a teenager with the na-na-na you ain't cool.

Here is a suggestion keep me out of your mouth and your stay here will be great. Glad we can agree.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30487
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: Artest is 4-24 in the last 3 games

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:19 pm

kkmrx7 wrote:Don't know what all the arguing is about... the title is simply a fact.


The title is correct and can't be argued you are absolutely correct. However, the original post can be argued.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30487
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: Artest is 4-24 in the last 3 games

Postby Shadow on Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:27 pm

Johnnyboy wrote:
kkmrx7 wrote:Don't know what all the arguing is about... the title is simply a fact.



because if you point out anything wrong with the lakers. Puffy curls up in a ball and cries. then he goes on this website and tells people they are wrong and they can't prove anything. lol


I disagree. Puffy is on point and everyone around here seems to over-react as soon as the Lakers lose a game, either by making threads trading everyone, to giving up on our championship hopes, and all because of our regular season struggles. What some people fail to realize is that this is just the regular season and all this crying and whining is getting old.

Yes Artest is struggling with his shot, but why not look at the positives and see what he has done to this team on the defensive side of the game rather than just focusing on the negatives. Have any of you guys forget that he is also battling injuries? I dont have a problem with anyone regarding our struggles, but lets be smart about it and take everything in consideration rather than doing the usual and over-react.

Clublakers has become a joke these past months or so, and nothing personal againts you, but even myself is getting tired of reading these ridiculous threads such as:

-Lets trade Bynum, Kobe
-Cut Fisher
-Gasol is soft and weak
-Lakers arent going to win a championship
-Lakers are done
-Artest sucks lets get Ariza back


And they call themselves Laker fans? You get my point? This is were Puffy's frustration is coming from and honestly I dont blame him.
User avatar
Shadow

 
Posts: 8705
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:07 am

Re: Artest is 4-24 in the last 3 games

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:31 pm

^understands of course. It would be even better had this particular poster done his research and attempted to discredit my point. Unfortunately we all know that the overreactionary posters dont use logic to defend their point just emotion.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30487
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: Artest is 4-24 in the last 3 games

Postby Johnnyboy on Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:42 pm

Shadow wrote:
Johnnyboy wrote:
kkmrx7 wrote:Don't know what all the arguing is about... the title is simply a fact.



because if you point out anything wrong with the lakers. Puffy curls up in a ball and cries. then he goes on this website and tells people they are wrong and they can't prove anything. lol


I disagree. Puffy is on point and everyone around here seems to over-react as soon as the Lakers lose a game, either by making threads trading everyone, to giving up on our championship hopes, and all because of our regular season struggles. What some people fail to realize is that this is just the regular season and all this crying and whining is getting old.

Yes Artest is struggling with his shot, but why not look at the positives and see what he has done to this team on the defensive side of the game rather than just focusing on the negatives. Have any of you guys forget that he is also battling injuries? I dont have a problem with anyone regarding our struggles, but lets be smart about it and take everything in consideration rather than doing the usual and over-react.

Clublakers has become a joke these past months or so, and nothing personal againts you, but even myself is getting tired of reading these ridiculous threads such as:

-Lets trade Bynum, Kobe
-Cut Fisher
-Gasol is soft and weak
-Lakers arent going to win a championship
-Lakers are done
-Artest sucks lets get Ariza back


And they call themselves Laker fans? You get my point? This is were Puffy's frustration is coming from and honestly I dont blame him.


I actually don't disagree with your points...And you stated your dislike with people saying "trade kobe" ect. And you did it with out being disrespectful. I think its lame when someone posts something (negative or not) and people trash the thread. Or say "lock it up". Everyone gets tired of the "sky is falling" threads. But there is no need to trash them for it. If you read the title and its a lame one..dont open it!
User avatar
Johnnyboy

 
Posts: 1921
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:31 am

Re: Artest is 4-24 in the last 3 games

Postby Johnnyboy on Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:46 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:^understands of course. It would be even better had this particular poster done his research and attempted to discredit my point. Unfortunately we all know that the overreactionary posters dont use logic to defend their point just emotion.



Puffy...Nobody likes the overreaction threads...the problem im having with you is that your disrespectful to people and then those people shy away from posting. Your always the first one to reply on threads you say you hate. If people are bothered by Artests shooting and they want to make a thread about it, why trash it? that only ruins the forum. I do agree that "trade kobe" threads ruin the forum too, but if you don't reply, they go away! Anyway, im bored of this back in forth. Just take my (and many others) opinion on your replies into account and this will be over.
User avatar
Johnnyboy

 
Posts: 1921
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:31 am

Re: Artest is 4-24 in the last 3 games

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:48 pm

GLad you are moving on.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30487
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: Artest is 4-24 in the last 3 games

Postby LakerFanIam on Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:52 pm

R U guys arguing here 2 ???
Image
User avatar
LakerFanIam

 
Posts: 3674
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:31 pm
Location: Sec 117

Re: Artest is 4-24 in the last 3 games

Postby Johnnyboy on Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:54 pm

naw its done.
User avatar
Johnnyboy

 
Posts: 1921
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:31 am

Re: Artest is 4-24 in the last 3 games

Postby JediChris31 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:09 pm

Orlando Tragic wrote:He hurt his thumb. And ontop of that he has lost ten pounds to deal with the Plantar Fasciitis in both of his feet.

He is talented enough to get out of his slump. I am confident that it wont take long for him to get into rhythm. It's a confidence thing with Ron, I feel like he hesitates a lot. He just needs one good game to break out of the funk.


I think you're right about his thumb, and I think it's mostly just that. But as far as needing a game to break out of a slump, he technically already did that when we beat Denver at home. When he had 5 3's remember? So I don't know about that..
"We have a really really strong team.. A very strong team. It smells familiar to me."

- Kobe
User avatar
JediChris31

 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:58 pm
Location: Las Vegas

Re: Artest is 4-24 in the last 3 games

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:28 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
tigerjeterkobe wrote:Yes -- defense wins championships, but having TWO starters shoot less than 20% against good teams can negate all that defense. The Lakers lost by a bucket to Miami and Orlando. Fish or Ron hit even a normally bad % (rather than an atrocious %), and the Lakers likely win both games.

So two starters shooting 1 for 9, or 2 for 11, or 0 for 6, plus Jordan shooting 3 for 15 in the last few games, will lead to losses, regardless of defense.

The point in this thread is that Ron must shoot better than 17%.


Lets look deeper than the superficial basketball is black and white ideas.

You are being rather selective are we not. Lets see some things in the Orlando game.

Lakers shot 37% (33-88) as a team from the field. Every starter but Bynum had a NEGATIVE +/- except Jordy (+2), Shannon (+3) and Drew (+10). We were also outrebounded by 11 boards. We also shot less free throws 26 (making 23) than Orlando made 28 of 39. I can see many, many, many reasons that we could point at besides Ron’s shooting in this game. Let us go look at Miami…

In Miami Lakers shot 51% (45-88) from the field. Ron shot 4-8 and Fisher 5-8 which are 50% or higher for both players. However the Lakers did shoot 60% from the free throw line at 15-25. The Heat conversely shot 21-25 from the charity stripe. That is a 6 point swing right there. Now the Lakers did shoot horrible from 3-point land @ 26.1% while the Heat shot 47.4% (7 of the 9 makes came from Q Richardson). Lets look at the Lakers misses from the 3, Ron (3), Pau (1), Kobe (5), Fisher (2), LO (1), Shannon (1) and Jordy (4). All these missed 3-pointers Kobe missed 15 possible points to lead the way. Any one of those shots fall we win. Now Ron did have a negative +/- this game at -5, Drew (-10), Shannon (-6), Jordy (-2) and Pau (0). In fact Kobe (+3), LO (+4) and Fisher (+1) had the only Positives in the game.

Like I said Defense wins Championships. It isn’t just the starters shooting a low percentage it is the team as a whole. You pointed to 2-games to make your point but if you look at the numbers for the game your opinion isn’t holding water for lack of a better term. Does Ron need to shoot better? Of course. Is his shooting the reason we lose games by 1 point? Not at all. Ron, unlike most, has been critical on our defensive side of the ball. You guys are pointing fingers at little issues when there are huge ones that should be addressed. Just my opinion though.


What are the huge ones that should be addressed? Ron and Fish taking ill-advised shots too? missing layups? Not being able to average a decent amount of assists against good teams? not being able to move with the ball and feed the post properly? they are supposed to be the 3-point threats to space the floor. they both took bad shots in crucial moments of the games, and their blown layups lead to transition 3s or easy buckets most of the time. perhaps that is part of the reason Ron was was -5.

As I said, the point is, Ron must shoot better than sub-20%. That will help space the floor, makes things easier for Drew and Pau, and lead to less fast breaks and long rebounds, another reason why they get out-rebounded is because of bricks thrown up (Kobe included)

so some of the "huge ones" you refer to are related to the poor shooting %. I agree that is just part of the problem. and the poor shooting % is what it is. the OP is talking about Ron's %, and it is a valid point. there are lots of things the team needs to do better, and shooting smarter and more high-% shots is one huge issue. not a little one..
tigerjeterkobe

 
Posts: 1771
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:30 pm
Location: Buffalo

Re: Artest is 4-24 in the last 3 games

Postby sjbhatt120 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:02 am

I'd like to add one factor, in the defense of Ron Artest, he's a a good shooter as are most of the lakers but the fact is that we are just really banged up right now. With a few more weeks and playoff momentum kicking in, I can foresee the Lakers winning it all because our triangle is something that is unstoppable.
sjbhatt120

 
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:12 am

Re: Artest is 4-24 in the last 3 games

Postby TT24 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:29 am

Ron isn't the only one who's struggled offensively. EVERYONE besides Jordan's FG percentage is down. Jordan shot 39% last year, so his really couldn't have gotten worse.
TT24

 
Posts: 7451
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:19 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Artest is 4-24 in the last 3 games

Postby Johnnyboy on Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:33 pm

I'd be surprised if PJ and kobe don't have this team ready for the playoffs. They proved earlier this year they can play well together...They just need to get back to that. Ron's a good shooter he will start makin shots. He just has to shoot his way out of this funk.
User avatar
Johnnyboy

 
Posts: 1921
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:31 am

Re: Artest is 4-24 in the last 3 games

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:45 pm

TT24 wrote:Ron isn't the only one who's struggled offensively. EVERYONE besides Jordan's FG percentage is down. Jordan shot 39% last year, so his really couldn't have gotten worse.


which was one of the points I made.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30487
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: Artest is 4-24 in the last 3 games

Postby wallangong on Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:57 pm

Johnnyboy wrote:I'd be surprised if PJ and kobe don't have this team ready for the playoffs. They proved earlier this year they can play well together...They just need to get back to that. Ron's a good shooter he will start makin shots. He just has to shoot his way out of this funk.


it really is THAT simple. it's no guarantee they'll get back to that, but they've shown they can play elite basketball. we all worry sometimes, it's just important to remember this team has already played nearly unbeatable basketball, they have 17 games to get tuned up.
Go Buffs.
User avatar
wallangong

 
Posts: 2503
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:05 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Artest is 4-24 in the last 3 games

Postby karacha on Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:38 pm

I guess he did better today.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37443
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Artest is 4-24 in the last 3 games

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:40 pm

^^ Yeah, his shot looked a lot better tonight.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15187
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: Artest is 4-24 in the last 3 games

Postby Sunny on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:19 am

kkmrx7 wrote:He's a big reason our defense is amazing, and he's a big reason our offense blows. He doesn't know how to move without the ball, and he struggles to finish inside.


Same Ron, different year. Not is he only shooting like crap, but he has now added the dribble off the foot move to his arsenal. His defense is no longer what it was, other than having quick hands. He can't move laterally, and gets beat off the dribble consistently.
Sunny

 
Posts: 528
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:28 pm

Re: Artest is 4-24 in the last 3 games

Postby XXIV on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:32 am

Really? Bumping a 3 year old thread when we have a MWP discussion topic on the first page.
XXIV

 
Posts: 6384
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CarolinaLakerFan, Google [Bot], lakerfan2, pound4pound1, therealdeal, Yahoo [Bot] and 18 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.