Article on Trading SHAQ

Article on Trading SHAQ

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:27 pm

While a long shot, the author gives a lot of interesting scenarios...

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/6025529.htm

Has Shaq outgrown L.A.? And if so, where does he go?
HERE ARE FIVE POTENTIAL DESTINATIONS
Tim Kawakami
Mercury News Staff Columnist

Trade Shaquille O'Neal? Insanity!

Yet you will hear serious whispers about this maybe in a few months, probably by the middle of next season, certainly by this time next year, when the Los Angeles Lakers tumble out of the postseason again.

Dump the NBA's most dominant big man? Heresy!

But Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was traded when he was 28. Wilt Chamberlain was traded twice, when he was 28 and 31. Middle-career goliaths need new lands to conquer, and the league is revitalized when it happens....
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:40 am

hey, Looks like our proposed SHAQ/Garnett trade was not far fetch. Even reporters are talking about it. Good thing SHAQ is working out to get in shape. Buss doesn't need anymore amunition in trading the big fella. SHAQ will be in shape when we open next season and all the speculation will end then. Mark my words Shaq will retire a laker
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby ZenMaster on Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:11 am

A lot of interesting scenarios indeed, LD2K...they do at least make you stop and think, that's for sure. But in the end, I hope what I hear is right, that Shaq has FINALLY started taking the offseason more seriously and is getting back into his old self, shape-wise...like #1_Kobe_Fan says, it's all up to him, really. I also hope he will retire a Laker, and if that is to happen it will be b/c he has rediscovered the "heart and desire" (Magic's words) to be THE dominating force in this league again...ball's in your court, Big Fella. Go 4 it. :jam2:
ZenMaster

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:54 am

"when the Los Angeles Lakers tumble out of the postseason again."

Yeah, I really look forward to tumbling all the way to the parade....
Snakell Beast

Return to Lakers Discussion