Asst. LAKER GM Ronnie Lester interview!!!!!!

Asst. LAKER GM Ronnie Lester interview!!!!!!

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:30 pm

Asst. GM Ronnie Lester was in 1540 AM today with Fred Roggin and had a very interesting interview. I'll try to state the re-cap the best as I can. Ronnie was very vague in his interview. It was a funny interview, because Fred Roggin was desperately trying to get some info from Ronnie, but you can tell that Ronnie was not so willing to give out a specific response.

Fred: What about David West for 24???
Ronnie: I think he will not be there at 24, but if he's there then we might take him.

Fred: How about Zaur Pachulia???
Ronnie: We love his atleticism. We were looking at him for last year's draft and were willing to draft him last year, but he pulled out. So we know a lot about him. We are planning to take him for the 32nd pick.

(Ronnie is definitely lying here, because reports from Laker camp through "Hacksaw" Hamilton, the Lakers are interested in locking up Pachulia at 24)

Fred: How about Travis Hansen???
Ronnie: We love his athletic ability??He's great, but we are not looking at the guard spot right now.

(Ronnie contradicted himself later on the interview when he said that the Lakers want in the 32nd pick is to get an athletic SG/SF)

Ronnie really tried to not crack under pressure. I love the way Fred worked around it. Numerous times, Ronnie was contradicting himself.

Fred also stated:
Through reports in the Lakers camp here is the most probable draft results:

24. Zaur Pachulia

32. David West/Luke Walton/Travis Hansen
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Tue Jun 24, 2003 5:29 pm

I'm listening at Mitch at "Hacksaw's" show to see if there are any similarities in the way Ronnie and Mitch try to hide their true intention.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Tue Jun 24, 2003 5:49 pm

I forgot to this bit of info on my earlier thread.

Ronnie was very impressed with Troy Bell of BC.

"I think he was very impressive on the Chicago tryouts and he is one player that has left a strong impression in my mind."
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Return to Lakers Discussion