Attention Jazz fans: Stay with Utah!

Attention Jazz fans: Stay with Utah!

Postby Couchdonkey on Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:15 am

I heard something this morning that nearly made me vomit. A "former" Jazz fan actually had the nerve to think that he could be a Laker fan just because the Lakers signed Malone. A word of advice to all Jazz fans thinking of running out to your local sporting good store to stock up on Purple and Gold gear. Save your money, and save yourself the ridicule!! The first time you attempt to blend in with true Laker fans you will be sniffed out like Damon Stoudamire walking passed the drug dogs at the airport. I can see it now, we are going to have a bunch of these "converts" flooding websites like this one trying to brush up on their Laker trivia. But, the first time you try to use your new-found knowledge you will be lit up like the Rockefeller Center christmas tree. So, once again, save your save the ridicule. If you want respect support your fledging team. A true fan sticks by his team through thick and thin. Believe me, there are a lot of us out there who were true Laker fans when all we had was Cedric Ceballos (even though he liked to take random trips to Lake Havasu in the middle of the season without telling anyone).

Look at the bright side, Jazz fan. At least you have two Conference rings that you can talk about for the next 12 years while your team rebuilds!
Couchdonkey

Postby Coppertop on Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:40 am

Shoot, Cedric Ceballos was the Golden Era of the 90's for us. I remember rooting for my boys when the biggest news during the season was the timely unretiring of Kurt Rambis to add strength and depth to a Laker lineup with Demetrius Calip, Sedale Threatt and Trevor Wilson on it. And good ole' Randy Pfund of course! And yes, Doug Christie used to be a Laker :bang:
Coppertop

Postby prontospyder on Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:15 am

I think the bandwagon still has plenty of room. :)
Go Lakers!!
prontospyder

Postby Vasashi17 on Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:20 pm

Hey, following player from team to team is really fine by me...but to claim that you are now a Laker fan...is well..... tacky. I only say this cause I'm a huge Jerry Rice fan for those who follow the NFL. But when he got let go to play in Oakland, i was kinda torn between SF and Oak-city. Well I followed both teams, but SF was definitely my team from that point and even though the Raiders made it to the SuperBowl and I was cheerin for Rice to get another championship, a part of me would have been more happier if the 9ers were there instead. My point is you can follow your favorite player...like I would Kobe...if he ever left, but I would still bleed purple and gold
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:47 pm

Yea, followin a player when he's on another team is coo... But they can't claim that they're fans of the team he's on, cuz that's just makin them look dumb. This Lakers bandwagon has been hopped on so many times, and hopped off so many times, that I can't even remember. But to the true ones who bleed purple and cry gold, I'm with all ya'll on that one til the end. We've seen players come and go, and we gotta accept that. It's all best for the organization. It's Lakers 1st, players 2nd in mah book.
LakersGyrl2003

Return to Lakers Discussion