Believe

Believe

Postby clublakers on Thu May 08, 2003 8:04 pm

please post your editorial comments here.

article: http://clublakers.com/editorials/ld2k.htm
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu May 08, 2003 8:10 pm

This is crunch time people, what do I think? Read this to find out... Follow me to W.C.F.'s :jam2:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Reddy on Fri May 09, 2003 5:29 am

OMG! its exactly what i think!

yeah i think next 2 games are must wins espacilly tonites.....
cuz we win tonite then we down 2-1......
we'll take it from there....
and if we win on sunday too
then series will be 2-2
it wll be a totaly different seires i agree
However, i dont feel it actually means nothing to us in the 2-0 we're in now
but i believe we can climb through it
the pressure is all on game 3 whethter lakers admit to it or not
but yes
phil didn tget these nine rings 4 nothing
and i am sure he aint gonan give up #10 easily either

great job!

KEEP THE FAITH! :jam2:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri May 09, 2003 5:46 am

You hear that!!! MUST WINS!! We can not be 3-0 by tonight, or 3-1 by the end of Sunday!! We gotta be 2-2!!! Come on LAKERS!! KICK IT UP A NOTCH!! GAIN THAT CONFIDENCE BACK!! COME ON!! All we need is two in a row at STAPLES! OUR HOME COURT!! AND then win the next at SA, then the next here!! lets do it!! I dont wanna go to a game 7 at SBC!! COME ON!!!!! :jam2: :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

game 7

Postby Guest on Fri May 09, 2003 6:27 am

I have no problem with a game 7 at SBC. The Spurs will tighten up there sphincters just like the Queens did. Too much pressure - especially for a team that can't hit FTs.

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri May 09, 2003 11:05 am

Just belive friends, just belive...
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Mongo on Fri May 09, 2003 2:05 pm

Fine article LD2K

But.... it's a dream. I think the Spurs will take at least one in LA. And if they take the game tonite, then it's all over for the LA dynasty.

The injuries you've suffered are for the first time making you realize what's been 'wrong' with the Spurs the past three years. Finally we have a healthy team, along with the best team since 99.

Good luck this weekend!
Mongo

WHAt???

Postby NateBall on Fri May 09, 2003 4:09 pm

The injuries you've suffered are for the first time making you realize what's been 'wrong' with the Spurs the past three years. Finally we have a healthy team, along with the best team since 99.

What is this. Realize whats been wrong with the Spurs. I suppose you are telling me that in the last 2 years. A 4-0 sweep and a 4-1 where you blew leads in the 4th quarter more than a couple of times was due to injuries. Not so fast, I live in SA and have attended all Spurs LAkers games in the last 6 years in the Alamodome, which we shut down for business and the new SBC and am probably the 2nd most hated person," behind Johnnie Bottom Line, as a sports fan i know you are familiar with him in SA", for being a Laker fan. The Spurs are not that good, "They are a regular season team, and if by some chance your rookies and young players don't fold under pressure. And you happen to win, you can not claim your team the best. Its looking like Sac is being hit with a slight injury bug, so if you would happen to beat them too, you and yours would really say you are the best team. It may be the case that it is the Spurs best team since 99 and I feel you weren't the best in 99, you were just the most cohesive after the strike ended and got a nice lucky shot by Elliot, In what you call the Memorial Day Miracle and got the benefit of playing an 8 seeded knicks team without Ewing. You got the banner, your only one and that was last century but, there is no taking that away and I won't use the dreaded "A" word. But if you were the best answer this. Who is the only team not to repeat as champions since 1986? you are correct its your SA Spurs. So The Spurs have a nice little team, but lets not get carried away, and injuries are part of the game, but it would be nice if you happened to win the title, you would do it with every team being up to par. Then you would have to repeat the feat the following year. Don't fool yourself into believing that you haven't won a championship this century because of injuries. What happens if you don't win this series against the Lakers, what excuse would you give then. If we lose, we just lose, and bounce back to another run to a title we know,not hope, we are going to get. Laker fans don't make excuses we just win championships. Not a matter of if we win them, but when and how many more we win.

Good Luck this Weekend!!!
NateBall

Postby Danny Ainge on Fri May 09, 2003 5:06 pm

Great job LD2k, I am a better man having read your editorial and yes I do Believe.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri May 09, 2003 5:59 pm

Thanks D.A., of course you know how I think, and usually, I state the truth, like I said, follow me, and believe.
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Mongo on Fri May 09, 2003 6:18 pm

Nateball, I won't address all your points.

But we didn't repeat in 2000 because we didn't have our Rookie of the Year/MVP player. It's that simple. Without Tim we couldn't beat the 2000 Laker team. Doesn't seem complicated to me that with our best player out that we don't repeat as champs.

You need to wake up man. The Lakers are down 0-2 in the playoffs and the odds are tremendous that they'll lose the series. Your stars are playing, our stars are playing - so if you lose, you can say oh, we had two players out. But hopefully, you'll realize instead that this year, the Spurs were the better team.

Thanks to all the fine Laker fans I've met here and elsewhere I post. I'm looking forward to the most important game of the WCF tonite - certainly so for the Lakers.
Mongo

Postby Reddy on Fri May 09, 2003 6:24 pm

MONGO
YOU A KINGS FAN?
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri May 09, 2003 6:51 pm

But hopefully, you'll realize instead that this year, the Spurs were the better team
No, they were just the "healthy" team, but it doesn't matter, if they beat the Lakers, they beat the Lakers, and they will be the better team...
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Need to wakeup???

Postby NateBall7 on Sat May 10, 2003 8:02 pm

You need to wake up man. The Lakers are down 0-2 in the playoffs and the odds are tremendous that they'll lose the series. Your stars are playing, our stars are playing - so if you lose, you can say oh, we had two players out.

Need to wake up. Let me just clarify this to you. We as Laker fans DO NOT make excuses. 2-0? series is now 2-1. That is thre problem with Spurs fans, you after winning 2 at home think you have won the championship or something. If we lose we just lose and come back another year to pick up our 15 world title. We just move on. What kind of statement does it make to say that "we would have won if so and so wasn't hurt." thats crazy, you say that about the 2000 season, I guess thats what the Queens will say after this year too, but what happened in 2001 and 2002 with basically the same Spur talent as 99 and a full season. More than likely will sure happen in 2003, then what will your excuse be. We could have won if the Lakers weren't so damn good even with 2 or 1 player out. Who cares. You leave yourself in a position of sour grapes if you are that good, I say prove it over the test of time, a 2-0 series lead now 2-1 hardly proves greatness....WE BELIEVE, we have history on our side, DO YOU?
NateBall7

Re: Need to wakeup???

Postby Reddy on Sun May 11, 2003 7:22 am

NateBall7 wrote:You need to wake up man. The Lakers are down 0-2 in the playoffs and the odds are tremendous that they'll lose the series. Your stars are playing, our stars are playing - so if you lose, you can say oh, we had two players out.

Need to wake up. Let me just clarify this to you. We as Laker fans DO NOT make excuses. 2-0? series is now 2-1. That is thre problem with Spurs fans, you after winning 2 at home think you have won the championship or something. If we lose we just lose and come back another year to pick up our 15 world title. We just move on. What kind of statement does it make to say that "we would have won if so and so wasn't hurt." thats crazy, you say that about the 2000 season, I guess thats what the Queens will say after this year too, but what happened in 2001 and 2002 with basically the same Spur talent as 99 and a full season. More than likely will sure happen in 2003, then what will your excuse be. We could have won if the Lakers weren't so damn good even with 2 or 1 player out. Who cares. You leave yourself in a position of sour grapes if you are that good, I say prove it over the test of time, a 2-0 series lead now 2-1 hardly proves greatness....WE BELIEVE, we have history on our side, DO YOU?

i totally agree wiht you
it takes 4 wins to WIN A SERIES!
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun May 11, 2003 9:47 am

I don't need to say more than the title I gave it... - Believe

Like I said, I may have sounded out of this world... But from what game 3 told us, I was right :man12:
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Guest on Sun May 11, 2003 10:39 am

DO YOU GUYS REALLY THINK THAT IT'S DESTINY FOR US TO PLAY THE QUEENS IN THE WCF? I MEAN THE QUEENS DON'T HAVE WEBBER, THEIR MVP AND THE LAKERS DON'T HAVE FOX. FOX IS ONE OF OUR KEY ROLE PLAYERS. HE'S A PEJA STOPPER ALL THE WAY. IF IT REALLY IS DESTINY, THEN WE SHOULD PLAY WITH BOTH TEAMS COMPLETE WITH THEIR PLAYERS. IT IS A REMATCH AND IT WOULDN'T BE THE GAME IF WEBBER AND FOX AREN'T THERE. THEY BOTH MAKE A HUGE IMPACT FOR THEIR TEAM. I'M NOT SAYING THE LAKERS WON'T MAKE IT. IN FACT I KNOW THEY'LL 4-PEAT THIS YEAR.

I MISS FOXXXXYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! :man6: :man6:

GO LAKERRRRRSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! :man9: :man9: :man9:

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun May 11, 2003 12:33 pm

DO YOU GUYS REALLY THINK THAT IT'S DESTINY FOR US TO PLAY THE QUEENS IN THE WCF?

No, not at all. In fact, that's a big slap in the face to Dallas and San Antonio. I hate when people say that, because in reality, one team (sacramento) will not win us the championship, but help us get there...

The Lakers could care less about the past, it's the moment that counts ya know?
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun May 11, 2003 2:18 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:
DO YOU GUYS REALLY THINK THAT IT'S DESTINY FOR US TO PLAY THE QUEENS IN THE WCF?

No, not at all. In fact, that's a big slap in the face to Dallas and San Antonio. I hate when people say that, because in reality, one team (sacramento) will not win us the championship, but help us get there...

The Lakers could care less about the past, it's the moment that counts ya know?

Yea...the past is what got them there to where they are now, but they can only look towards the future, and win or go home...
LakersGyrl2003

Return to Lakers Discussion