Best Backcourt EVER!!!!

Best Backcourt EVER!!!!

Postby Kobe's Empire on Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:01 pm

first of all, GP and KB are known to trash talk........imagine how mentally damaging it will be to the opposing team. Kobe and Gary can get into anyone's head. imagine if they work together on doing it. damn.

oh, and GP and KB in their primes is the best backcourt of all time. Respond and tell me other good backcourts. I'll see if they are better than these two monsters.
Kobe's Empire

Postby BDG on Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:07 pm

The scary part is that I disagree with you. Kobe ISN'T in his prime YET! However, it's still the most deadly backcourt of All-Time.

I can't think of any that would rival this combo.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:46 pm

Yes Kobe's only getting better, but I don't agree with the trash talking part. I know Gary Payton is a big trash talker, but Kobe's not a huge one (unless somebody runs their mouth at Kobe 1st.)

But just knowing how good each player is, and now, side to side. That is extremely mentally tough. Don't forget the fact that say a person does get by these two, where does he go then? Towards the basket with Shaq and Malone? Heh... Were so badass this year.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:39 pm

I know that GP has been the best trash talker for years, but Kobe I'm not sure. I think he is in his own way. He is just not obvious like Payton, but Kobe can smack with the best of them.

Remember when Kobe said during and after all the Memphis game, that Shane Battier could not guard him.

I've also heard from a John Salley interview, that Kobe can really talk in the court. Just like MJ he has a way of letting you know that he's destroying you in the floor. Maybe not the same annimated way as Payton, but Kobe can get in your skin.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Kobe's Empire on Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:46 pm

NO NO NO, big mis understanding.......

GP is slighty past his prime, but is still great, and kobe still has time to come for himto be in his prime.....but i meant if u put kobe and GP together and they were both in their prime, then it would be just over.

and for trash talking, everyone knows about GP. and from the laker DVD's i have, the reporter asks Rick Fox who would be hte biggest trash talker, and it said it would be kobe. so there u go. I agree with that part that if only someone comes in his face, then he'll talk. but imagine, if someone thinks he is IT against KB and GP, just imagine Kobe and GP talking down to you and frustrating you.
Kobe's Empire

Postby Laker brain on Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:59 am

Kobe and Payton may be the greatest back court assembled, but I think there are some others that need recognition as the best backcourt.
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat Jul 12, 2003 2:30 am

The best thing about it is that Payton is finally gonna get a chance to play with Kobe, besides playing with him in All-Star weekend. Payton is gonna have the time of his life, cuz he's gettin paid to play the game he loves, and is finally gonna get a chance to get a ring. That's what's good about it. And Kobe is only gonna get better and better as the years pass.!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby SWOL on Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:10 pm

BEST BACK COURT EVER .............. SORRY GUYS BUT ITS

JERRY WEST & ELGIN BAYLOR
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby Kobe's Empire on Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:14 pm

ya, one of the best if not thee best. Man, Jerry West is the freakin logo for god sakes. I havnet seen him play, but i know he doesnt get enough recognition because everyone is so love happy with -- cough cough-- overrated MJ from the tribe called the Bulls. but im saying out 1 players in their prime.....>GP and KOBE in their Prime playing together.

the best for any category can be agured and debated forever. its never settled because everyone has a mind of their own.

i want to say kobe and GP, but im stll trying ot think....but i do believe koe will be the best to ever play the game.
Kobe's Empire

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:51 pm

Didn't logo and baylor average 30 ppg for the same season? If I remember correctly, then that's some ish right there!! No one can mess with that kinda talent in that era of play... Incredible! :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:57 pm

if they were playing today.. how points would they score?.... hmmm

kind of reminds of STOCKTON n HORNY...
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat Jul 12, 2003 2:03 pm

Ur so right!!! MAN, Hornacek and thos 3's!!! DAYAM... I gotta give it up to the short short wearing Mofo's. They sure knew how to eliminate us back in the days... dayam, how time passes before ya eyes... MAN...
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Laker brain on Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:37 pm

Baylor was a 6'5 Forward, so West/Baylor is not the best backcourt.
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Return to Lakers Discussion