Big Game James Says Lakers in 5!

Big Game James Says Lakers in 5!

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun May 04, 2003 10:03 pm

I was just watching Sports Central on KCAL 9, and they asked James Worthy what was going to happen in the Lakers-Spurs series. He then held up his right hand with all five fingers extended. "San Antonio's not that good a playoff team", he said, and added "Our role players are stepping up now... watch out."

I guess the real reason I posted this is because this is one of the few who have faith that the Lakers can do it...
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby BDG on Sun May 04, 2003 10:21 pm

haha that's funny too, cuz i watched sunday sportzone and michael cooper was on and he predicted lakers in 5 too! lakers in 5 possibly? is this their plan? i would like lakers in 4 though. Return Da Favor.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun May 04, 2003 10:22 pm

I doubt a sweep, if anything this will goto 5 or 6... It's not impossible for a sweep, but I don't see it happening...
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun May 04, 2003 11:36 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:haha that's funny too, cuz i watched sunday sportzone and michael cooper was on and he predicted lakers in 5 too! lakers in 5 possibly? is this their plan? i would like lakers in 4 though. Return Da Favor.

Yea I heard that too after the Blazer game... But where would that one loss fit in? At the beginning of the series? I hope we at least get 2-1 then win the next two.
LakersGyrl2003

Great Quote

Postby Guest on Mon May 05, 2003 6:03 am

Lakergyrl - - love the McGrady Quote. Him and Garnett should team up and give lessons on how to lose in first round. They both have that "foot in mouth" disease.

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon May 05, 2003 6:39 am

Well, if anything, Garnett had room to talk, as I think he played his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] off... But T-Mac... What a legend he is, he can't even hold a 3-1 series lead :man10:
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby BDG on Mon May 05, 2003 7:15 am

If anything, I think T-Mac's comments could have been a slip-up. Garnett said that "IT's OVER" if they won the next game. In any case, they both were stupid and got smoked for their comments, McGrady's case being funnier cuz his team was up 3-1.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Reddy on Mon May 05, 2003 2:03 pm

RETURN THE FAVOR!
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!!111
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Mon May 05, 2003 2:06 pm

I love it when the Lakers of the past support and represent the interest of the Lakers of today. Being part of the Laker family creates that special bond that will last forever.

History and tradition is what the Lakers have, that the spuds and the queens will never have.

Let the dynasty live forever!!!!!!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Reddy on Mon May 05, 2003 2:09 pm

Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 wrote:I love it when the Lakers of the past support and represent the interest of the Lakers of today. Being part of the Laker family creates that special bond that will last forever.

History and tradition is what the Lakers have, that the spuds and the queens will never have.

Let the dynasty live forever!!!!!!!!

YEAH I LOVE IT TOO
UNLIEK MAGIC JOHNSON......
TRAAAAAAAAAITOR
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby BDG on Mon May 05, 2003 2:10 pm

once again, i don't think Magic just turned on his team. he gets paid on TNT to make the NBA seem exciting. you still gotta respect the man for what he's done for the Lakers and the community of LA.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon May 05, 2003 3:59 pm

I don't blame anyone for saying the Lakers won't do it, there are no weak sisters in the west, any team can beat any other team, on any given day...
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Reddy on Mon May 05, 2003 4:28 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:I don't blame anyone for saying the Lakers won't do it, there are no weak sisters in the west, any team can beat any other team, on any given day...

HEY
STAY
OPTIMISTIC
WE ARE THE LAKERS!

AND LAKERS CANNOT LET TEAMS GO ONE ANY GIVEN NIGHT
NOT IN THE PLAYOFFS
THATS RESERVED FOR ONLY LAKER DOMINANCE!
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Return to Lakers Discussion