Boozer Discussion: Kupchak - going to have a great year (10)

Re: Boozer Discussion: Kupchak - going to have a great year (10)

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:06 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:Dude better not starting pouting like Pau if he's not starting. If Randle shows he can play at this level, the job is Randle's to lose, not the other way around.


Why?

Boozer is still a capable vet and is ready to produce. Randle has zero experience so far. He needs to fight and improve his game, show that he deserves that starting spot if he wants it. It's not anybody's spot to lose, it's Randles spot to EARN. Rookie dues.


This is where I am at and mirrors also what Roo said. Randle's a rook and he's going to have to earn his minutes. I like the kid A LOT! But he's 19 and will be coming off the bench until he proves otherwise, and that's the way it should be. Scott will be insistent on this as well. Booz will start.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15212
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: Boozer Discussion: Kupchak - going to have a great year (10)

Postby khmrP on Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:13 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:Dude better not starting pouting like Pau if he's not starting. If Randle shows he can play at this level, the job is Randle's to lose, not the other way around.


Why?

Boozer is still a capable vet and is ready to produce. Randle has zero experience so far. He needs to fight and improve his game, show that he deserves that starting spot if he wants it. It's not anybody's spot to lose, it's Randles spot to EARN. Rookie dues.


and if Randle earns it he should get the lion shares of the minute, Booz is just here for the year and trying to get another fat contract. He has no loyalty to us.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10454
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Boozer Discussion: Kupchak - going to have a great year (10)

Postby Psychobroker on Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:30 pm

As long as he doesn't try to pull off the spray-on hair, I'm good:

Image

:man10:
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
User avatar
Psychobroker

 
Posts: 5986
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:07 am

Re: Boozer Discussion: Kupchak - going to have a great year (10)

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:07 pm

khmrP wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:Dude better not starting pouting like Pau if he's not starting. If Randle shows he can play at this level, the job is Randle's to lose, not the other way around.


Why?

Boozer is still a capable vet and is ready to produce. Randle has zero experience so far. He needs to fight and improve his game, show that he deserves that starting spot if he wants it. It's not anybody's spot to lose, it's Randles spot to EARN. Rookie dues.


and if Randle earns it he should get the lion shares of the minute, Booz is just here for the year and trying to get another fat contract. He has no loyalty to us.


Of course. That is our expectation for Randle, I think all of us want that. But for the time being, Randle needs to be eased into playing 20-25 minutes of NBA ball, and not be force fed 30-35 mpg each night.
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9914
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: Boozer Discussion: Kupchak - going to have a great year (10)

Postby trodgers on Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:15 pm

Psychobroker wrote:As long as he doesn't try to pull off the spray-on hair, I'm good:

Image

:man10:

Pretty clear where that came from.

Image
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Lakersball.com. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46636
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Boozer Discussion: Kupchak - going to have a great year (10)

Postby Psychobroker on Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:17 pm

LOL or..

Image
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
User avatar
Psychobroker

 
Posts: 5986
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:07 am

Re: Boozer Discussion: Kupchak - going to have a great year (10)

Postby trodgers on Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:30 pm

Image

I didn't do the photoshop, but I did find it hilarious. :man10:
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Lakersball.com. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46636
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Boozer Discussion: Kupchak - going to have a great year (10)

Postby Psychobroker on Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:17 pm

That's great :man10: :man10: :man10:
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
User avatar
Psychobroker

 
Posts: 5986
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:07 am

Re: Boozer Discussion: Kupchak - going to have a great year (10)

Postby shaq_hater on Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:32 pm

Boozer needs a PnR PG to be effective. He is one of the best players to execute the PnR. He's had his best years in UTA with D-Will who is one of the best PnR PGs.
I think he'll get his mojo back this year. His stint in CHI did not end up well because they did not have a PG who is great in PnR. D-Rose is NOT a PG hence his struggles.
Lin executes the PnR PERFECTLY. I think he is the perfect fit for Boozer and Hill.
MY GUY IS AWESOME BECAUSE HE HAS 5 RINGS.
User avatar
shaq_hater

 
Posts: 1383
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:51 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Boozer Discussion: Kupchak - going to have a great year (10)

Postby LakersN4 on Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:34 am

Carlos Boozer was introduced by the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday.

The Lakers were not optimistic about landing Boozer during the waiver claim process but did so with a $3.25 million bid.

Boozer heard the news from his agent.

"I was ecstatic and I was jumping up and down," Boozer said. "I went back out there and got two more hours in."

Boozer is penciled in as the Lakers' starting small forward, although he has played power forward throughout his 12-year NBA career.

Boozer said he believes he could play up to seven more seasons.

Via Mike Bresnahan/Los Angeles Times
Tell me this is a joke? Boozer at SF?
LakersN4

 
Posts: 2514
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 am

Re: Boozer Discussion: Kupchak - going to have a great year (10)

Postby karacha on Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:40 am

That has to be a mistake. Boozer said that he expects to play both 4 and 5 this year. He does not play SF at all.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37447
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Boozer Discussion: Kupchak - going to have a great year (10)

Postby therealdeal on Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:42 am

karacha wrote:That has to be a mistake. Boozer said that he expects to play both 4 and 5 this year. He does not play SF at all.

This. Simple mistake that's all.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Boozer Discussion: Kupchak - going to have a great year (10)

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:09 am

I know we like to be optimistic and think that a guy will renew himself here with minutes, more pick and rolls, and support by coaches and fans, etc., but I watch a lot of Bulls games. Boozer was a total bum most nights. A liability in clutch moments and against good ball moving teams, and against younger athletic guys. Thibs was on him quite a bit, and benched him often at the end of quarters and games.

Reminded me a lot (a lot a lot) of Gasol - getting out-hustled and pushed around by smaller guys, and when Phil gave him the chest smack to try to fire him up.

Just like Gasol, Boozer had decent numbers - 14 and 8 per game, etc. But I wonder what his 4th quarter points, FG and FT percentages were?? I don't know. Don't have time right now to look them up. But just saying that Bulls fans said a lot of the same things about him that we did Gasol - soft, fumble hands, too tentative with flip shots around the rim, too eager to take a mid-range rather than back a guy down, not hitting clutch FTS, not protecting the rim at all, etc. Boozer will bang much more than Gasol did, be neither has lift or a good motor for rebounds at this point.

I think he will be on the bench by Christmas. And we will give our PF minutes to Randle, Kelly, and Davis.

If Thibs - the ultimate ring-out the sponge for every drop guy -- couldn't get him to play harder and smarter, I see nothing changing here (at least with respect to hustle, rebounds, and team defense). I think he is a bum. Sorry.
tigerjeterkobe

 
Posts: 1772
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:30 pm
Location: Buffalo

Re: Boozer Discussion: Kupchak - going to have a great year (10)

Postby LakersN4 on Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:39 am

If Randle is good enough to take the starting job from Boozer at any point this season, we're in great shape for the future.
LakersN4

 
Posts: 2514
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 am

Re: Boozer Discussion: Kupchak - going to have a great year (10)

Postby Rooscooter on Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:17 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Dude better not starting pouting like Pau if he's not starting. If Randle shows he can play at this level, the job is Randle's to lose, not the other way around.


Couldn't disagree more Doc..... Boozer should be the starter day one over Randle.... and Randle should HAVE to displace him. You don't toss 19 year olds out there and tell them it's their position to lose. That's how you get busts like Favors.

I'm convinced that's why we got Boozer in the first place. He should have to earn his way onto the court. That will make him a better player.

I'd be fine with it being just like Worthy back in the day. He didn't start until a month into his second year.
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 23033
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Boozer Discussion: Kupchak - going to have a great year (10)

Postby LOSLAKERS on Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:38 pm

Psychobroker wrote:As long as he doesn't try to pull off the spray-on hair, I'm good:

Image

:man10:


Image
User avatar
LOSLAKERS

 
Posts: 520
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Boozer Discussion: Kupchak - going to have a great year (10)

Postby trodgers on Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:40 pm

Poor Boozer.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Lakersball.com. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46636
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Boozer Discussion: Kupchak - going to have a great year (10)

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:22 pm

Shawn Marion salutes the Mavericks and the city of Dallas on the new track “I’m A Champion”, featuring T-Pain, Dorrough and Young Cash. The single is part of the upcoming album, Full Court Press, Vol. 1, which will feature verses by NBA players Iman Shumpert, Stephen Jackson and Lou Williams, among others. Full Court Press, Vol. 1 will have 10 tracks, including “Welcome to NY” with Iman Shumpert & Ma$e, “Winning Streak” with Twista, Willie Taylor & Carlos Boozer, “Go Hard” featuring Bun B & Stephen Jackson, “We Hoopin’ (Yeah Boy)” with Charlie Villanueva & Royce Da 5’9, and “Airtime” featuring Future, Sean Garrett, Rocko & Lou Williams. Full Court Press, Vol.1 will be released this fall, with proceeds benefitting the ‘nPlay Foundation in its mission to battle childhood obesity. SLAM - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.iLUzNDXm.dpuf
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Boozer Discussion: Kupchak - going to have a great year (10)

Postby trodgers on Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:32 pm

I bet Boozer's legit in the rap game.

Image
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Lakersball.com. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46636
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Boozer Discussion: Kupchak - going to have a great year (10)

Postby wolfpaclaker on Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:55 am

Boozer was marked in as Lakers starting PF, Hill is Lakers starting C. Randle will back up SF/PF spots, and Sacre will be backup C, Davis/Kelly backup PF.

Basically, no, Boozer won't be starting SF. It will be Nick Young as of what I saw on the chalk board pic that was posted.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=ined1h&s=8#.U9j5PZRdW0t
wolfpaclaker

 
Posts: 1766
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:52 pm

Re: Boozer Discussion: Kupchak - going to have a great year (10)

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:33 am

wolfpaclaker wrote:Boozer was marked in as Lakers starting PF, Hill is Lakers starting C. Randle will back up SF/PF spots, and Sacre will be backup C, Davis/Kelly backup PF.

Basically, no, Boozer won't be starting SF. It will be Nick Young as of what I saw on the chalk board pic that was posted.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=ined1h&s=8#.U9j5PZRdW0t


I would prefer Nick to come off the bench. Looking at a bench of Clarkson?/Henry/Johnson/Randle/Davis, worries me.

I'd be okay with Henry/Young/Kelly/Randle/Davis.
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9914
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: Boozer Discussion: Kupchak - going to have a great year (10)

Postby bltkmt on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:16 am

tigerjeterkobe wrote:I know we like to be optimistic and think that a guy will renew himself here with minutes, more pick and rolls, and support by coaches and fans, etc., but I watch a lot of Bulls games. Boozer was a total bum most nights. A liability in clutch moments and against good ball moving teams, and against younger athletic guys. Thibs was on him quite a bit, and benched him often at the end of quarters and games.

Reminded me a lot (a lot a lot) of Gasol - getting out-hustled and pushed around by smaller guys, and when Phil gave him the chest smack to try to fire him up.

Just like Gasol, Boozer had decent numbers - 14 and 8 per game, etc. But I wonder what his 4th quarter points, FG and FT percentages were?? I don't know. Don't have time right now to look them up. But just saying that Bulls fans said a lot of the same things about him that we did Gasol - soft, fumble hands, too tentative with flip shots around the rim, too eager to take a mid-range rather than back a guy down, not hitting clutch FTS, not protecting the rim at all, etc. Boozer will bang much more than Gasol did, be neither has lift or a good motor for rebounds at this point.

I think he will be on the bench by Christmas. And we will give our PF minutes to Randle, Kelly, and Davis.

If Thibs - the ultimate ring-out the sponge for every drop guy -- couldn't get him to play harder and smarter, I see nothing changing here (at least with respect to hustle, rebounds, and team defense). I think he is a bum. Sorry.


This. I have a good friend at work that is a Bulls fan and he COULD NOT WAIT to get rid of Boozer. I am concerned.
User avatar
bltkmt

 
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:08 pm

Re: Boozer Discussion: Kupchak - going to have a great year (10)

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:28 am

bltkmt wrote:
tigerjeterkobe wrote:I know we like to be optimistic and think that a guy will renew himself here with minutes, more pick and rolls, and support by coaches and fans, etc., but I watch a lot of Bulls games. Boozer was a total bum most nights. A liability in clutch moments and against good ball moving teams, and against younger athletic guys. Thibs was on him quite a bit, and benched him often at the end of quarters and games.

Reminded me a lot (a lot a lot) of Gasol - getting out-hustled and pushed around by smaller guys, and when Phil gave him the chest smack to try to fire him up.

Just like Gasol, Boozer had decent numbers - 14 and 8 per game, etc. But I wonder what his 4th quarter points, FG and FT percentages were?? I don't know. Don't have time right now to look them up. But just saying that Bulls fans said a lot of the same things about him that we did Gasol - soft, fumble hands, too tentative with flip shots around the rim, too eager to take a mid-range rather than back a guy down, not hitting clutch FTS, not protecting the rim at all, etc. Boozer will bang much more than Gasol did, be neither has lift or a good motor for rebounds at this point.

I think he will be on the bench by Christmas. And we will give our PF minutes to Randle, Kelly, and Davis.

If Thibs - the ultimate ring-out the sponge for every drop guy -- couldn't get him to play harder and smarter, I see nothing changing here (at least with respect to hustle, rebounds, and team defense). I think he is a bum. Sorry.


This. I have a good friend at work that is a Bulls fan and he COULD NOT WAIT to get rid of Boozer. I am concerned.


What the Bulls and Bulls fan did not understand at the time of signing Boozer was that he is 100% a complimentary player. They signed Boozer to that huge contract expecting him to be a creator, when most of the time, he was a guy feeding off assists from Deron Williams. The Bulls ran their offense through Derrick Rose, who was primarily a scoring PG. Sure he's set up players from time to time, but for the most part, he's attacking. Thibs is also a defensive coach, not an offensive mastermind. They looked at Boozers 20 and 10 line from Utah and expected jim to create. That's out of Boozer's skill set, sad to say. If you look at the Bulls, he was honestly the 2nd option on offense, even though he shouldn't be. In the pick and roll, Boozer is a much more effective player. He has a great jumper, he finishes well through contact, and he plays hard. He's a target guy.

With our current starting lineup of Lin/Kobe/Johnson/Boozer/Hill, Kobe is obviously option 1. However, if that fails, 2nd option is run through Lin. He is the second option on this team. Sure, it's not a Wade or Gasol, but it's not about him scoring, it's about him creating opportunities for others. He's a smart, fundamentally sound player. He attacks the rim well, makes great passes, and has a decent jump shot. But for the most part, he'll be running with pick and rolls with Boozer and Hill, and those guys should benefit through Lin if they roll hard.
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9914
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: Boozer Discussion: Kupchak - going to have a great year (10)

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:53 am

wolfpaclaker wrote:Boozer was marked in as Lakers starting PF, Hill is Lakers starting C. Randle will back up SF/PF spots, and Sacre will be backup C, Davis/Kelly backup PF.

Basically, no, Boozer won't be starting SF. It will be Nick Young as of what I saw on the chalk board pic that was posted.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=ined1h&s=8#.U9j5PZRdW0t

That's a pretty rough estimate I think though. And Davis is back behind Kelly only at PF? I don't see that happening. I see Davis taking up all the major minutes behind Hill at Center.

And I don't see Young starting when the season starts. He's much better as our 6th man than as our starting SF.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Boozer Discussion: Kupchak - going to have a great year (10)

Postby Helljumper on Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:38 pm

wolfpaclaker wrote:Boozer was marked in as Lakers starting PF, Hill is Lakers starting C. Randle will back up SF/PF spots, and Sacre will be backup C, Davis/Kelly backup PF.

Basically, no, Boozer won't be starting SF. It will be Nick Young as of what I saw on the chalk board pic that was posted.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=ined1h&s=8#.U9j5PZRdW0t


LMAO at that picture. They wrote down every player by their last name. Even going as far as writing "Bryant" instead of the much easier and more recognized "Kobe."

But at the 3? "Swaggy P". :man10:
Image
User avatar
Helljumper

 
Posts: 14879
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 4:40 pm
Location: Riverside, CA

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 8 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.