Bosh: Lakers have NBA's best team 'on paper'

Re: Bosh: Lakers have NBA's best team 'on paper'

Postby the_Dude on Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:25 am

Doc Brown wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Yeah good luck putting Bosh down low on Howard and expecting him to rebound well. Or putting Battier on Gasol and expecting him to beat Pau on the glass. They're going to be crushed down low. And with our offense running smoothly through Nash/Kobe, we're not going to be giving them many fast break opportunities.

Good Bosh, be scared!

They would put Lebron on Pau and Battier on MWP or Kobe. They are definitely screwed when it comes to D12, but if Pau can't take on the likes of Faried/Harrington, he's not going to dominate Lebron. He will get outworked to every spot on the floor.

So true. Lebron gave Pau fits when he was fronting him last season. It can work to our advantage this season if our depth pulls through. I do remember Lebron looking tired on the offensive end when he had to guard Pau. They can take Pau out of the offensive game but now they have more weapons to make up for Pau's diasappeearing act.
the_Dude

Postby KB24 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:03 am

Last couple of years we had even more of a size advantage and we sucked against Miami for the most of the part.

Just having size advantage doesn't win you games if you aren't capitalizing on it. And chances of Pau dominating LeBron are close to zero.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby therealdeal on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:37 am

You guys are missing the point. Bynum was and is a great Center and great low post threat, but his attitude was always an issue.

Dwight is a workhorse and if you put LeBron on Gasol, you're leaving Bosh on Dwight and Dwight will use his power down low in a way that Bynum never did. I'd be very happy if LeBron is on Gasol and Kobe is being guarded by Allen or Battier. Not to mention Chalmers is on Nash and Bosh is on Dwight. Those are all favorable match-ups for us while LeBron wears himself out on Gasol.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:44 am

TXLAKERFAN wrote:We may have the better starting line up on paper, but the bench is a no contest. Miami is better after you get pass the starting line up IMO.

They have a better bench, but I can't call it "no contest" due to the fact they have the worst front court rotation in the entire league. When they had to play Curry last year, a player no other team would even consider for the role of 15th man, that says it all to me. Battier is not a PF. Michelle Miller can barely walk up and down the court anymore, forget running. The stars aligned and he had the game of his life in the finals, well he should have retired after that.

Had we landed a proven SF this summer and weren't gambling with Ebanks, I'd actually say we had a much better bench than they do. But we didn't, so yes, they have the better bench. I don't think the gap is that huge though. At this stage in their careers, I'll take Jamison over Shard. Ray Ray is better than Meeks, but I think a lot of people are going to be surprised at the impact JM will have off the pine this season. He's far from a scrub.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby therealdeal on Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:09 am

TXLAKERFAN wrote:We may have the better starting line up on paper, but the bench is a no contest. Miami is better after you get pass the starting line up IMO.

I don't agree with that. Their bench might be better than ours, but it's far from no contest.
Miami:Cole/Allen/Miller/Haslem/J. Jones/Lewis/Anthony/Pittman
Lakers:Blake/Meeks/Ebanks/Jamison/Hill/Duhon/Clark

Keep in mind that Allen and Miller will almost certainly suffer injuries this season and those benches even out quite a bit.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Juronimo on Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:11 am

Chris Bosh is shook.

He's supposed to say "I don't care" or something along those lines expressing indifference. Instead he expressed fear with his comments. That is not a good look for Bosh at all.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby Juronimo on Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:12 am

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:If I was a Miami fan I'd be furious with Bosh's comments. Sure the Lakers probably are the team to beat on paper, but we haven't proven a damn thing. Miami still the team to beat until someone dethrones them. For Bosh to admit that especially when you're the defending champions is just moronic. You should feel like you're the team to beat. Stupid comment.

I agree.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:51 am

Juronimo wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:If I was a Miami fan I'd be furious with Bosh's comments. Sure the Lakers probably are the team to beat on paper, but we haven't proven a damn thing. Miami still the team to beat until someone dethrones them. For Bosh to admit that especially when you're the defending champions is just moronic. You should feel like you're the team to beat. Stupid comment.

I agree.

Disagree. He said "on paper" that just means he respects the overall talent assembled. He did not say that he expects to lose to the Lakers. Showing respect doesn't mean you are giving up on your team. Saying "well we the team to beat cause we the champs" is just as moronic and no one really believes that is more than talk. After Dallas won did anyone in the league believe they were going to repeat? No. Jason Terry might have said it 100 times but no one else believed him or anyone else claiming Dallas was the team to beat.

What is funny people are killing Lebron, KD/Harden and CP3 for saying they really don't care what the Lakers are doing cause we all know its BS. Bosh shows that he understands what has been put together and people are killing him. strange stuff fans.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby OX1947 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:40 pm

Juronimo wrote:

I agree.

So, let me get this straight. If Bosh says 'I don't care", you would jump on him for acting like he is hiding something and being a snatch like Lebron and CP3. If Bosh answers truthfully, then he shouldnt have said it and he is a snatch for telling the truth? Which one is it fellas?
OX1947

Postby Finwë on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:00 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Juronimo wrote:

I agree.

Disagree. He said "on paper" that just means he respects the overall talent assembled. He did not say that he expects to lose to the Lakers. Showing respect doesn't mean you are giving up on your team. Saying "well we the team to beat cause we the champs" is just as moronic and no one really believes that is more than talk. After Dallas won did anyone in the league believe they were going to repeat? No. Jason Terry might have said it 100 times but no one else believed him or anyone else claiming Dallas was the team to beat.

What is funny people are killing Lebron, KD/Harden and CP3 for saying they really don't care what the Lakers are doing cause we all know its BS. Bosh shows that he understands what has been put together and people are killing him. strange stuff fans.

Exactly, I think you said it perfectly.
I just read an article about the Heat on NBA discussion and Bosh's comments there were pretty good as well. I think he's a good dude, it's a pity he's playing with some of those guys.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:27 pm

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Finwë on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:32 pm

:man10: :man10:
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby trodgers on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:41 pm

I might well be out of line here, but does anyone else think the reaction to winning a title is over the top?
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:43 pm

trodgers wrote:I might well be out of line here, but does anyone else think the reaction to winning a title is over the top?

No not even close. He just won his 1st NBA title he was every right to celebrate like he did.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Weezy on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:44 pm

trodgers wrote:I might well be out of line here, but does anyone else think the reaction to winning a title is over the top?

No, simply because these guys work their whole careers, possibly their whole lives for that moment, it's their entire goal.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:57 pm

I think a major thing people are forgetting is that even though Pau struggled against LeBron fronting him, if he gets the ball in the low-post, LeBron can't guard Pau by himself. One of the big reason we couldn't get Pau the ball was because we had incompetent point guards. With Nash running the point now I think Pau can dominate LeBron and force Miami to make adjustments.
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby Finwë on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:57 pm

Weezy wrote:

No, simply because these guys work their whole careers, possibly their whole lives for that moment, it's their entire goal.

And it's an incredible feat, witnessed by millions and millions of fans around the world; joining a very exclusive group of people, NBA champions; going down on history; living your childhood dream; it's the very top of what you love the most, I can't imagine a much better feeling.

Having said that, I'm now having doubts about your question. Do you mean the reaction is over the top as in they are overreacting and it's not that big of a deal or over the top as in they are kinda faking it / exaggerating it?
Finwë

Postby pound4pound1 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:11 pm

winning an NBA title is one of the hardest things to accomplish...it was his first title

he's 100% entitled to re-enact a scene from Brazzers if he wants to
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby John3:16 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:29 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:

winning an NBA title is one of the hardest things to accomplish...it was his first title

:man10: He's always been suspect to me, so his celebration wasn't surprising at all.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby OX1947 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:09 pm

I can't watch that video without getting nauseous after a while.
OX1947

Postby Juronimo on Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:41 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Disagree. He said "on paper" that just means he respects the overall talent assembled.He did not say that he expects to lose to the Lakers.

That's not how I see it. To me he sounded scared. That's the way his tone came accross to me. Why you find my opinion on this matter so bothersome is beyond me.

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Showing respect doesn't mean you are giving up on your team.
Saying "well we the team to beat cause we the champs" is just as moronic and no one really believes that is more than talk. After Dallas won did anyone in the league believe they were going to repeat? No. Jason Terry might have said it 100 times but no one else believed him or anyone else claiming Dallas was the team to beat.

From one extreme to the other, ok. Just because I thought Bosh sounded soft doesn't mean that over the top arrogance doesn't sound ridiculous. I don't know why you'd think that.

puffyusaf#2 wrote:What is funny people are killing Lebron, KD/Harden and CP3 for saying they really don't care what the Lakers are doing cause we all know its BS. Bosh shows that he understands what has been put together and people are killing him. strange stuff fans.

You must be talking about someone else. I never said that and besides so what if "these people" are killing Lebron, KD/Harden, CP3, etc? It's their right to do so, we're Laker fans, we don't care about them. You never hesitate to bash Lebron whenever you have the chance so save that pompous tone for someone else.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:03 pm

"Juronimo"
puffyusaf#2 wrote:Disagree. He said "on paper" that just means he respects the overall talent assembled.He did not say that he expects to lose to the Lakers.

That's not how I see it. To me he sounded scared. That's the way his tone came accross to me. Why you find my opinion on this matter so bothersome is beyond me.

OK. I didn't find your opinion bothersome at all. My initial intent was a response to the guy you quoted it was easier just hit reply to your. Didn't see how anyone got "bothered" or anything from my post but ok.

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Showing respect doesn't mean you are giving up on your team.
Saying "well we the team to beat cause we the champs" is just as moronic and no one really believes that is more than talk. After Dallas won did anyone in the league believe they were going to repeat? No. Jason Terry might have said it 100 times but no one else believed him or anyone else claiming Dallas was the team to beat.

From one extreme to the other, ok. Just because I thought Bosh sounded soft doesn't mean that over the top arrogance doesn't sound ridiculous. I don't know why you'd think that.

Again, maybe you are taking what I said too personally. I used the same term the poster you agreed with did and it was just as much an accurate rebutal as was the original comment. I even claryfied why "I" did not agree with the comment.

puffyusaf#2 wrote:What is funny people are killing Lebron, KD/Harden and CP3 for saying they really don't care what the Lakers are doing cause we all know its BS. Bosh shows that he understands what has been put together and people are killing him. strange stuff fans.

You must be talking about someone else. I never said that and besides so what if "these people" are killing Lebron, KD/Harden, CP3, etc? It's their right to do so, we're Laker fans, we don't care about them. You never hesitate to bash Lebron whenever you have the chance so save that pompous tone for someone else.
[/quote]

WHen I said "People" I meant... People. As in others have been blasting all the others for saying they aren't scared. Again, maybe I rubbed you the wrong way today, ok. There was no "tone" be it pompous or otherwise and I stand by every statement I make about Lebron or anyone else. Anyone can and often does attack my stance on Lebron and I bring my same tone (be it pompous or not) to the discussion. In anycase, I don't agree with Miami fans being pissed a Bosh for his comments as suggested by TexasLakerfan.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Legendary on Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:08 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:

:man10: :man10:

Yeah...I guess he's entitled to that.

His so-called "re-enactment" sure adds a lot of fuel to the "speculation" fire...
Last edited by Legendary on Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legendary

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:10 pm

Weezy wrote:

Im with Weezy on this. Those guys want validation for their play and getting the ring is the goal. Players like Bosh get blasted in the media all the time (see: Bosh Spice) and winning basically shuts everyone up for a while that is. Heck MJ did the dripped in champagne hugging the trophy thing when he won. Hell didn't Ron Artest keep his uniform on all night and go from place to place celebrating? SO for me it wasn't too much.
puffyusaf#2

Postby trodgers on Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:44 pm

I don't think they're faking it. That would be really strange.

I think it's silly. It's hard to do, no doubt, but there is a team that wins a title every year. It's like if I won the highest professorship at my college and jumped up and down and poured champagne on my head. I don't think that how many people are watching matters for this question. If it's a natural reaction, why would the number of spectators matter?

Or suppose a doctor saves a patient's life when it looks hopeless...then rushes for the refrigerator and pops the champagne. We'd wonder WTF's up. The things that are deemed appropriate in sports are so far removed from what's appropriate in "the real world" I think it's strange at the very least.

No not even close. He just won his 1st NBA title he was every right to celebrate like he did.

You might mean one of two things. If you mean, "You, Trodgers, have no reason to stop him," that's true. But who care? If you mean something more interesting, I'm questioning exactly that. It's true that I have every right to stand on one foot every time I take a leak, but why the hell would I? It's strange. Crazy idea I have: humans should do stuff for reasons, not just because they feel like it.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion