GM Brain

GM Brain

Postby Laker brain on Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:30 pm

I know everybody want Arenas, but Arenas is not coming here, not by a super long shot. With Kobe out for the summer, the lakers back court consists of Fisher, Pargo, Rush, and George. With Kobe out I suspect the Line Up to Look like this PG Fisher- SG- George SF- Fox- Madsen- C- Oneal- ( this is without any new recruits) Notice with the MLE we are going after Howard, Malone, and Brown at the 4, Mourning at the 5, and Payton and Arenas at the 1.

I Think the Lakers should use the MLE to hopefully snag Payton, use the LLE on Pippen or Strickland, and the Vet Min on Sean Rooks. I would trade Devean George and Kareem Rush w/ Cash for Ron Artest, (That would match his 7 million contract.)

PG-Payton/Fisher/Pargo/Pippen
SG Bryant/Payton/Fisher/
SF Artest/ *Ebi/Pippen
PF *Draft /Madsen/Medvedenko
C Oneal/Rooks

What y'all think of this?
Laker brain

Postby ELF on Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:03 pm

I love the trade for Artest!

GP
Kobe
Artest
Juan Howard via of trading Horry and Pargo
Shaq
ELF

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:10 pm

why the heck do you want RON ARTEST? this guy is trouble and a dirty player. He belongs in the EAST not playing for L.A. And why should we trade GEORGE!! He's our second most athletic player on the team!! You want to get a thug like ARTEST? Theres a difference in playing tough and playing dirty and he plays dirty. KOBE will only miss maybe a week or two of the season, if that. Might as well get PIKE for the meantime and then he'll move to the reserve role. Pike can hit the "j" and is a smart player. We don't need to trade GEORGE for ARTEST that would be a poor move. If we miss out on PJ Brown then Ty Hill wouldn't be bad. I would even try to pick up Elden Campbell again. He was our best reserve center. As far as Arenas is concern don't count him out!! If he is smart he would come to L.A Its either L.A./Golden State/Denver.... where would you want to go. I hope his family urges him to come back home. Payton would be nice for two years then will be back in the same mess. Arenas's agent is just trying to squeeze a little more money from L.A. They know if we want Arenas we can get him in someway. That would mean doing some trading.... (now for Arenas I would trade George)

KOBE OUR REAL MVP :bow:
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:15 pm

If your concern is about KOBE missing the earlier part of the season then that would mean we would be a SG short. Why TRADE GEORGE who is a SF for another SF in ARTEST? Isn't it more logical to fill in a position we need (SG) than to replace a SF with a SF? :man7:
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby ELF on Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:18 pm

I believe next year we will more defensive than offensive. And, Artest gives us a defensive stopper. Can you imaging GP, Kobe, and Artest on the same team. That would be a nightmare defensively and all three are interchangable. 3 first team defenders. If y'all think the Lakers can make one move and things will be find you are seriously mistaking. The West teams are planning to make major changes. If the Spurs get Kidd and Mourning/PJ Brown, they will be even harder to beat.

What do yall think these teams: Dallas, SA, Sac... will be the same next year? Hell no! They are planning on acquiring talent too. Their not going to do a Mitch, they will try to better themselves.
ELF

Postby Danny Ainge on Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:19 pm

Sup ELF back from Canadien jail I see. Anyway to comment on Artest, it seems very unlikely that Indiana would give up the best player on their team.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby ELF on Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:24 pm

SUP Ainge, I'm on house arrest and CL probabation.

No, I'm not concern about Kobe. I just think Artest is a better player than George and if the opportunity presents itself I would take Artest over George any day. I think all the GM's in the league agree with me.

On, Artest attitude.... Do you remember Kenyon Martin last year? He was the same way, damn what a year of maturity will do for a player. And, Phil does great with players like Artest. i.e Dennis Rodman.

I think if you asked everyone on this board if they would take a mature Artest over D. George, they would say Hell Yes. Defensive baby. and hell he's a better offensive player than D. George. Check the statics baby. I go by the statics
ELF

Postby Laker brain on Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:53 pm

The reason why I want Artest, is he plays hard w/ intensity and is a winner, Jermaine Oneal wants him to be traded, and I think that he is making those incidents because he doesn't want to play in Indiana. I think Artest could be the defensive stopper we need, and I think Devean is the only bait we have to get him. Did you know that Artest held TMAC to 18pts, and he is very strong, I dare Doug Christie to serve him. I think the Lakers need a killer instinct, and Artest and Payton could do give us intimidation in the back court. Devean George is athletic but he is levels below Artest, Artest is Indianas 2nd best player, when he was on point Indiana was leading the east.

Think about it

Payton-16pts 4rebs 7asst 2stls/Fisher
Kobe- 27pts 6rebs 6asst 2.6stls
Artest 13pts 6rebs 2.5 stls
Shaq 27pts 11rebs 2.5blks
this is 79 pts per game between these 4 players.

I think Phil can handle Artest, he did a great job w/ Rodman

I'd pull the trade as fast as I can say "The jello's Jigglin'....
Go Mitch make us better please....
Laker brain

Postby Laker brain on Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:10 pm

I just wanted to add that Ron artest is 23years old, George is 25, he is younger and will get better. I think that in time Kobe and Artest will be like Mike and Scottie, and with the right moves we can be champions for the next 6 years.
(I think Shaq is only going to play 2-3 more years and then retire, after that we'll have enough $$$ to get nice replacements, maybe Garnett or Amare in his prime.
Laker brain

GM Brain

Postby John K on Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:12 pm

Laker brain wrote:The reason why I want Artest, is he plays hard w/ intensity and is a winner, Jermaine Oneal wants him to be traded, and I think that he is making those incidents because he doesn't want to play in Indiana. I think Artest could be the defensive stopper we need, and I think Devean is the only bait we have to get him. Did you know that Artest held TMAC to 18pts, and he is very strong, I dare Doug Christie to serve him. I think the Lakers need a killer instinct, and Artest and Payton could do give us intimidation in the back court. Devean George is athletic but he is levels below Artest, Artest is Indianas 2nd best player, when he was on point Indiana was leading the east.

Think about it

Payton-16pts 4rebs 7asst 2stls/Fisher
Kobe- 27pts 6rebs 6asst 2.6stls
Artest 13pts 6rebs 2.5 stls
Shaq 27pts 11rebs 2.5blks
this is 79 pts per game between these 4 players.

I think Phil can handle Artest, he did a great job w/ Rodman

I'd pull the trade as fast as I can say "The jello's Jigglin'....
Go Mitch make us better please....

I love Artest's desire to win and to pay hard. Him in a laker uniform would just make my year. But.. After looking at the contract he has, I think twice. Artest will be a FA after next season, getting paid 5.2 million that season. I don't know what the FA class is like next offseason, but I know that with Artest we could lose him and be stuck with what we could draft or get off the market. With George, who we don't know what he is truly capable of yet, we have someone who wants to be in LA, and also will be for the next three seasons, atleast. So I'm staying to with George, who is just beginning to bloom. :jam2:
-John.
John K

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri Jun 06, 2003 12:02 pm

Do you guys have any idea how crazy it is to put Slava BEHIND mark madsen in the depth chart...that's like putting Samaki Walker ahead of Shaq because he is in better shape...
Snakell Beast

Postby BDG on Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:23 pm

true Snakell, and I highly doubt we will be starting our Rookie PF, especially with PJ as our coach. Also, I wouldn't want Ron Artest. If you want our chemistry to go wack then go ahead and get him. On the other hand, you are right when you said that Jackson would be able to handle him, because afterall, he handled Rodman. If PJ can tame him then he could be a great defensive presence for us.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby BDG on Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:24 pm

oh yeah and trade devean george?!?! that's ridiculous. he's been steadily improving his game each year and he can turn into a very solid role player or better.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Return to Lakers Discussion