Brian Cook Quotes

Brian Cook Quotes

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:53 pm

"This is a dream come true for me and for my family, and I feel blessed," Cook said. "I've always dreamed of making it to this level. It's a goal I've been working towards my whole life. I'm looking forward to being a Laker. It will be a great opportunity to learn from two of the best players in the league in Shaq and Kobe and also to learn from the best coach in the NBA, Phil Jackson."

Source - http://fightingillini.ocsn.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/062603aaa.html
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby lakers frizzo on Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:55 pm

i could se cook and walton plaing in the rookie game all star weekend...
is shaq satisfied with three titles and continuing to blow up to 400 lbs or will he get the other hunger back and get down to 320 and win three more?? GO LAKERS 2004-06 CHAMPS!!!
lakers frizzo

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:11 pm

damn... we both must have the same crystal ball because thats what I see in mine also....
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby BDG on Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:19 pm

for a second, i thought you guys were crazy, but then i thought it over and you're right, we have voids to fill at SF and PF, so they could get some valuable playing time...
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:34 pm

Cook should have it a little easier on the offensive end because teams usually focus their defense on SHAQ n KOBE. Cook should be able to use his athleticism to crash the boards or use his quickness to get around bigger forwards.

At the defensive end is where he might have problems. Luckily an IN-SHAPE SHAQ can help COOK down low. We can always double the player COOK is defending if he plays the DUNCANS/GARNETTS. Don't forget COOK is 6'10.5" with long wingspans.

Man, I don't think we ever had a rookie big guy like COOK that has his skill and athleticism since..... ELDEN CAMPBELL.
This will be an very interesting year. COOK can help instantly because our lack of depth at that department and don't forget he is a COLLEGE SENIOR so he is a seasoned player in college....

Can you say..... ALLLEEEYYOOOPPP!!
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:40 pm

I agree from the sound of things LUKE might just be that... a bigger version of FOX. I hope FOX can teach him how to play defense and learn how to intimidate opposing players.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:07 am

You are reading my mind #1kobefan.

Luke is another version of Rick Fox, with a slightly better jumpshot and a better passer. Fox and Walton both have a great basketball mind. The only thing that Walton lacks is Fox's defense and intensity. Before Fox's career is over, all his knowledge will be transfered to Luke.

Were are set in the small forward postion....

........with George, Fox, Walton, and sometimes Kobe.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:31 am

If they wanna be rookie all-star quality, Phil has to play them, and they gotta make some kinda impact with us, which I'm hopin they do. They need the time to improve, just like anyother player. They have the potential to be really good players, but I'm not gonna expect too much outta them, cuz I don't wanna lose faith in them.
LakersGyrl2003

Return to Lakers Discussion