bring in gary payton and keon clark??

bring in gary payton and keon clark??

Postby spiffyguy23 on Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:03 pm

damn, we'd bet set with those two, at gp runnin the point and keon in the post, he brings way more than rob
Ben
spiffyguy23

Postby Guest on Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:23 pm

it would be hard to get them both unless we give the MLE to keon and give a him a starting spot (he'll never have that in SAC TOWN) and then pick Bob Horrys option and trade him to Milwalkee for GP or package him with Kareem Rush to Golden State for G Arenas and Erick Dampier now that would be tight

Postby SWOL on Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:49 pm

opps forgot to login in on that last one
but keon
arenas
and dampier would be nice :man1:
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby TheZen on Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:18 pm

It'd be more likely that Clark and Arenas would take the money over a shot at a championship... At least Payton knows that the ring is worth more than the money :jam2:
TheZen

Postby SWOL on Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:57 pm

Yes however who is gonna offer Keon big paper? the 4.7 MLE would look atractive to him
If we package Horry and Rush we can give Arenas the 7 mil he is looking to get maybe throw in Fish for Dampier and Dunlevy
draft T Hansen 24th
draft Troy Bell 32nd

1 Arenas / Troy Bell / Pargo
2 Kobe / T Hansen / M Dunlevy
3 D George / M Dunlevy
4 Keon Clark / E Dampier / Slava
5 Shaq / E Dampier

* tell Scottie to come along for the ride ( wont need him til post season )
=more rings
SWOL

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:10 pm

Keon will stay put in SActo...and Arenas is too young to worry about signing for less and a ring...
Snakell Beast

Postby Guest on Thu Jun 19, 2003 5:36 pm

Gary Payton sounds like a good deal.

BUT we are dying to get a new PF and a new bench.

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:00 pm

If we get Payton, the bench is set. You would have Fisher and Pargo coming off the bench at pg. Then you would have Rush filling in for Kobe. In all likelyhood if Fox can play next year, he will come in for George. We would still have Slava and Horry is willing to take less. Madsen, it wont take much to sign him. We would be set. Face it guys, our best bet is Payton or Malone. It's going to be either or. We will get one or the other. We are going to suffer one way or the other. We will fix either the pg or the pf position, and the other position will suffer. If you ask me, I say get Payton. Cause that will fix the pg problem. Payton can cause match up problems with Bibby and Parker. Then bringing in Fisher and Pargo, we can buy lots of time when Payton is not on the floor. This also will make it harder for offenses to get started, and eat up much shot clock and wont give the Duncan's & Webbers the time they need to operate. Kobe & Payton in the back court is a lot of pressure on any team, both offensively and defensively. Personally, I don't think Bibby or Parker will be able to deal with the pressure. Especially since Payton will post them relentlessly. They will get in foul trouble and it will affect their offensive game. Payton would fix a lot of our problems. If anyone is interested let me know, and I will tell you why Malone would do the same for this team.
Lakerfantilidie

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:33 am

One of the reasons we lost to the Spurs is due to they had more depth in the PG/SG/SF position than us.

With Fox out during the playoffs,

We only have Kobe, Fish, and Devean as legit players to go against the likes of Ginobli, Parker, Bowen, S. Jackson, and Claxton.

3 vs. 5 tired us out.

Shaw and Pargo is not the answer. We need help in those positions. With Payton, we can sure up the PG/SG postions. We get deeper and better on those positions.

We all know GP's potential.

1. Plays great D
2. Has a great post game. Just imagine him posting Parker, Claxton, Bibby, Nash, and Steve Francis.
3. Great assist man from the past two years.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:48 pm

I truly feel Payton is the answer. With his post game, and all the other things he does, he will help the Lakers create more problems for teams. With him on the floor, we would always have a chance at 3 mismatches. Most pg's can't handle Gary on the block, so the put the 2 on him. If that happened with this team, then Kobe will have a pg on him. I don't even need to speak about Shaq, we all know what he's about. With Payton, I really feel we can stick with Medvedenko, make him a starter, and re-sign Horry and Madsen. Teams are not going to like the idea of Payton on this team cause they know how difficult it is to deal with this team now, imagine what misery we would cause for other teams by adding Payton.
Lakerfantilidie

Postby Snakell Beast on Sun Jun 22, 2003 12:39 am

Yeah, did you see the trouble Bibby and Jackson had with Nash and NVE? GP has the best of both of those players, he has the speed and offense of NVE with the fundamentals and passing ability/court vision of Steve Nash and he is bigger (6'4) and plays defense way better than either of the two...
Snakell Beast

Postby Kobe's Empire on Sun Jun 22, 2003 11:24 am

HEY Lakerfantilidie.......

honestly, that long post u put up............i was one of the best and well put statements i have heard from all this talk and nonsesne. thank you for sharing what u thought, because i didnt reallt think of it that way.....

i knew that if we brought payton, hopefully hed shutdown hudsoon and bibbo and whatever monkey who plays at the point. i didnt think of it with the aspect of the whole offense.

payton and kobe would be a bear to handle too.

very nice.
Kobe's Empire

Postby SWOL on Sun Jun 22, 2003 12:37 pm

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ABOUT PAYTON IS HE IS TENACIOUS HE HAS HEART I KNOW A LOT PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE TALK ABOUT HEART AND GUTS BUT GARY REALLY DOES HE PLAYS THE GAME THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE PLAYED NOW THATS THE KIND OF PLAYER AS A FAN I CAN FEEL, WE NEED A LITTLE ATTITUDE ON THIS DAMN TEAM
SWOL

Postby SWOL on Sun Jun 22, 2003 12:38 pm

SOMEONE WITH A FIRE IN HIS [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]
SWOL

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jun 22, 2003 6:22 pm

In response to the initial question in this thread:

1. Getting Payton with the MLE is very possible.
2. However, getting Clark to take the remaining LLE is not as certain.

Adding Payton and Clark would be great. But I'm just not sure if we can have both of them.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby SWOL on Sun Jun 22, 2003 7:32 pm

bring in gary via sign and trade it is more benefical for the bucks too.... if gary walks they gave away jesus shuttlesworth (Ray Allen) for nothing....resign Bob Horry at 5.3 mil trade him & Kareem for GP and Jason Caffey (knows the tiangle good back up) or Ervin Johnson... then offer Keon the 4.7 MLE and a starting pos that s more love than Sac is giving and they take one chops watching him walk to us

1 Glove / Fish / *Troy Bell
2 Kobe / *Hansen
3 Goerge / Pippen
4 Keon / Caffey / Slava
5 Diesel / Caffey
SWOL

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:58 pm

That might work swolswol, I am one who thinks Gary Payton will solve a lot of problems. Our back court would murder every single backcourt in the league. Gary's attitude that has been mentioned, will be helpful because there won't be any nights that Kobe & Shaq take off. It's contagious, see how Kidd gets his team mates to play as hard as him every night. They do it cause they see him giving his all, so they do the same. I see Gary adding that to this team. Those gimme games that we should win easily & lose, won't happen anymore, with a Payton. He will get on Shaq & Kobe if they are slacking. That's what we needd!!!

My quote on Gary

"If you bring him, the rings will come!!!!
Lakerfantilidie

Return to Lakers Discussion