P.J Brown Update

P.J Brown Update

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Mon May 12, 2003 8:42 pm

I was listening to 710 AM today. During the Mcdonnel-Douglas show they interviewed P.J Brown about the prospect of Free Agency and he said that he has made enough money and all he wants is to win a championship. Money doesn't matter as long as he can win a ring. That he is willing to take the min. or the mid level. The Lakers are a strong possiblity.

I love his game. He plays great defense, rebounds like heck, shoots free throws very well, a great teammate and citizen, and does not demand the ball. He knows his role and will be a great fit for the Lakers.

If we can get Arenas and PJ Brown, thats all we need.
If we can add Pippen to that is just the cherry on top.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue May 13, 2003 12:29 am

Dayam that'll be tha day.... All PJ wants is a ring, and like u said he doesn't want much, but he knows his role... Dayam, he'll be great next season.... And Gilbert will be tight too, cuz he's a great guard... Think pass 1st and is smooth in transition... TIGHT TIGHT!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Snakell Beast on Tue May 13, 2003 10:29 am

Then I say we split the 4.5 Mil to get BOTH PJ and Karl, use the vet minumum to resign Horry, get GP or another free agent PG (or draft someone at PG) and dump Mark and Samaki. Then we have this team:

(unknown asset) / Derek Fisher / Janerro Pargo
Kobe Bryant / Kareem Rush
Devean George / Rick Fox
Karl Malone / PJ Brown / Robert Horry
Shaquille O'neal / Stanislav Medvedenko

That looks like a solid team to me...
Snakell Beast

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri May 16, 2003 12:33 am

I love PJ's defense and rebounding.

His offense is adequate. However from the look of the last series we played vs. SA, we need some offense to go along with PJ.

PJ is a good, solid pickup. But we also need a good scoring option, a sixth man of the year candidate, and I just don't see to many of those around.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri May 16, 2003 1:32 am

Snakell Beast wrote:Then I say we split the 4.5 Mil to get BOTH PJ and Karl, use the vet minumum to resign Horry, get GP or another free agent PG (or draft someone at PG) and dump Mark and Samaki. Then we have this team:

(unknown asset) / Derek Fisher / Janerro Pargo
Devean George / Rick Fox

That looks like a solid team to me...

That sounds good!!!!!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat May 17, 2003 12:36 am

Yeah, the only thing I would change is that we sign Jason Terry in lou of GP because of age and we dump Pargo and sign free agent SF Adrian Griffin, since we must assum Fox is gone till after next season. Then we look like this:

Jason Terry / Derek Fisher
Devean George / Adrian Griffin / Rick Fox (playoff roster)
Snakell Beast

Postby Guest on Sat May 17, 2003 1:09 am

I would love PJ Brown on this team. He's big, he can score, he can crash the boards and he likes playing defense. He also bring toughness to the Lakers. I like Jason Terry as well but he is turnover prone and he jacks up wild shots. We already have one of our superstars who does that :man10: so we don't need another one. It will be interesting as to what Kupchak and Buss do. This is going to be more interesting than either one of these Conference finals.

Postby Danny Ainge on Sat May 17, 2003 1:14 pm

PJ Brown in essence is alot like Ho Grant who provided stability for LA and allowed Horry to come in without much pressure.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat May 17, 2003 10:17 pm

"...he is turnover prone and he jacks up wild shots. We already have one of our superstars who does that so we don't need another one."

Kobe only jacks up wild shots to try to get foul calls (reggie miller gets those calls so why not Kobe for god's sake!!!) and as far as him turning the ball over, MJ did that a lot too. When you are facing the best defense in the world, you are going to turn the ball over a few times a game at least. The key is getting a guy that can run an offense efficiently and look at how disorganized the hawks are, and Terry runs them pretty well and I am actually surprised he doesn't get MORE TOs beecause of how poorly his team runs their sets...
Snakell Beast

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:17 pm

It doesn't look to good that PJ will join the Lakers, since it seems that the Lakers are focusing more on Malone and Juwan Howard. You never know, though.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Arenas

Postby Lakers1 on Wed Jun 04, 2003 12:46 am

Hey i see in alot of the post that Arena would be a great fit for the Lakers but how is that gona happen when he's demanding the max?
Lakers1

Postby Danny Ainge on Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:11 pm

Hes not demanding the Max! His agent is! Gilbert knows where he can get A championship ring, and this place isn't Denver or the Clippers.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:24 pm

Agents have conflicting motives. They want to fulfill the wishes of their clients, but at the same time they(lawyers) want to fatten their pockets.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby SWOL on Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:00 pm

Arenas agent said bidding starts at 7 mil (dont think he play for 4.7)........PJ is the perfect compliment at PF you have him (defense and rebounding) and Slava (instant offence) you can then draft a player who is raw with more upside ala Malik Bandaine or Travis Outlaw.....I like J Terry and Theo Ratliff give em Bob Horryand Kareem .... draft Badaine and T bell.... sign Pippen an E Paitkowski

2003 Lakers

1 Jason Terry / Troy Bell / J Pargo
2 Kobe / E Paitkowski
3 D George / Pippen / Fox
4 PJ Brown / Ratliff / Slava
5 Diesel / Ratliff / Badaine

that is a tight squad
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sat Jun 21, 2003 9:55 pm

ummm.... everything sounded nice until you mentioned PIPPEN. Sorry we don't need him we already know the triangle. He has yet to play a full entire NBA season since leaving the Bulls. Plus, I don't want to see him get more rings than JORDAN.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby SWOL on Sun Jun 22, 2003 12:05 pm

we dont need him for the regular season he can sit back play spot min. and rest up for may and june when we really need him I dont care if he plays only half of the reg games as long as he is there for the real season
SWOL

Postby kingjsun on Sun Jun 22, 2003 1:57 pm

[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] swolswol, if that's the case sign Zo, for MLE. Let him play in May and June. Then we can have Twin Towers. Otherwise, PJ would work, Eric P from the Clips would be nice, but this Thursday will determine which teams are drafting for rebuilding purposes and which are drafting for title runs. That will effect the free agent market on July 1st. We pretty much know the Lakers are looking to regain a title, so their interest is in key free agents. the big news is when certain players get drafted, but don't sign unless the contract is extremely heavy or if the player doesn't like the team. For example take Glenn Robinson and Steve Francis. Look at all the drama the put up after they got drafted. Veterens are not trying to have some young punk make more money then them and take over their team. Veterens, if they truly love basketball (not money), would and should want the RING.
Buckle up! This off season is going to be some ride...
kingjsun

Postby SWOL on Sun Jun 22, 2003 2:15 pm

im talkin vets min, the MLE will go to GP or a PF, Pippen and Piak can come for veterans min,
SWOL

Postby Smangy23 on Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:34 pm

PJ Brown....Gilbert Arenas.....Eric Piak.....3 more consecutive titles fellas....addresses every weakness of the Lakers...However, I think there is a better chance of the second coming of christ.
Smangy23

Return to Lakers Discussion