Bruce Bowen claims he locked up Kobe and threw him out in 6

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:48 am

If you are a bandwagon fan like this idiot, I have no respect for you!!!
How can you switch teams and more than that how can you have more than one favorite team. It just contradicts the notion of rooting for a team. I guess he can't lose if the Spurs are playing the Sixers in the regular season. Cause either way, he'll come out as a winner. It just makes me laugh everytime I see a thread from this idiot.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:50 pm

Ur so right... As long as he has a few fav teams he can never go wrong. LOL. It does contract the notion of bein a fan too, cuz people like this, cuz us a bad name. Even though he claims to be an NBA fan, I don't believe this at all, cuz if he was, he's have better logic, and be more indepth with his opinionated analyisis. Toooo bad, soooo sad.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:28 pm

Why did he ever sign up anyway???
He's acting like any GUEST user with their whack takes and no support. I guess you and I have to put them in line L-Gyrl!!!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby OG on Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:39 pm

Let me point out some true facts

The spurs went 4-2 in all 4 playoff rounds, even the eastern conference, which proves they have no real dominance over ANY playoff contending teams, somthing laking from them to be a "championship" team.

If chris Webber would have not been injured, Tim ducin and the spurs would be sitting at home. You dont go 4-2 with an 8th seed, when your the 1st seed.

You dont go 4-2 with an injured and depleted 5th seed, lakers, who were one rimmed out 3 pointer shot from going up 3-2, being the 1st seed.

Then it took you 6 games to beat a majorly injured Dallas when you were completely heathy, and they were injured with their main star and key backups. and it still took you 6 games.

Imagine if you would have had to face a healthy Kings who, while injured, took a healthy dallas team to 7 games, while injured!

so if it takes the spurs 6 games to beat an injured dallas, but if an injured kings can take that same team, dallas, to 7 games, while the kings main star is injured, what does that say about the spurs? they are not a dominant champ, just a lucky team who saw all of its opponents or , supposed to be opponents, have their main stars or key role players injured.

a back up point to that is that it took the lakers 4 games to beat the nets for the finals but a competitive 6 for the spurs. that proves they are no real champ, just one who got lucky. a champ is supposed to be dominant, exciting, atractive, truley feard, and a kind of team that everyone wants to be like. the spurs are none of those. the lakers, and proven by the lakers-kings 7 games series in 02', the kings along with the lakers, are the only two teams in the nba who should be holding that championship as a true ambassador to the NBA to swow off how great the NBA is to the rest of the world. the champs are supposed to represent the league and i hate to see the spurs representing the NBA style basketball.

THE SPURS REPRESENT BORING, SLOW, PLAYED BELOW THE RIM, NON FLASHY, DULL BASKETBALL. A DISASTEROUS MARKETING BLOW TO THE NBA. AND YOU CAN BET YOUR [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] THE LAKERS WILL BE ASSURED BACK INTO THE FINALS WITH THE HORRIBLE OUTCOME AND RATINGS AFTER THE SPURS BRUNG THE NBA FINALS DOWN TO THE LEVEL OF WWF RAW, A FAR CRY AWAY FROM THE PAST 3 FINALS WHEN THE LAKERS HAD THE NBA IN STRIKING DISTANCE OF BASEBALL. BASKETBALL IS NO LONGER JUST A GAME, ITS A MARKETING MACHINE, AND THE LEAGUE KNOWS IT MUST FEED OF SHAQ AND KOBE. AND SHAQ AND KOBE WILL ALWAYS DELIVER AND EARN IT. BY BEATING THE BEST, NOT INJURED.
Quoting Shaq on one of his spontainious freestyles durring practices:

"I stay paid niggaaa, I live laid niggaaa, I've been rappen ever since the third grade niggaaa".
OG

Postby Snakell Beast on Sun Jun 22, 2003 1:47 am

I don't worry about anyone's comments. All I care about right now is how well we do in the draft. After that, it is how well we do in the Free Agent market. After that, it is how well Kobe heals and how well Shaq is getting into shape. Then it is how well we do in preseason...see a pattern here? I care about the team and the actual evens that transpire. Who knows for sure what will happen, the only thing I know WON'T happen is the deterioration of my team, THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN. Even if Shaq came into camp in THE SAME FREAKIN' SHAPE that he was in the playoffs, he would have a healthy knee and we would have him for the entire off season, and Kobe will be better this season like he is every season. With the talent available in the draft and free agency, we should be on Terra Firma (Solid Ground) for years to come...

Looks like the next NBA dynasty is a rip off of the last one, with the same logo, the same colors and most of the same players...even the same city and arena...Same Coach...same fans...SAME TEAM!
Snakell Beast

Postby Spurfanatic50 on Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:03 am

Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 wrote:Who the f*ck is Malik Rose and Bruce Bowen???

If it wasn't for Tim Duncan, these f*ckers would be playing over seas.

I would have to say the same about George, Fox, Madsen,etc. If they weren't playing with Shaq and Kobe -- I think you get what I'm saying

These idiots are just talking to create themselves a rivalry with us. Well, they better stand in line because we are concentrating more with the Kings than the Spurs. The Spurs felt left out by the Lakers and Kings that they had to open up their pie holes and talk a little smack. Stay in JV squad, losers!!! Because in true reality, if Webber didn't get hurt, your [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] whould have been swept by the Kings in the WCF!!!!

The West is all about the Lakers and the Kings!!!!
The Spurs are not even at the level of these two!!
They were not the best team this year. It was the Kings. They got lucky that Webber got hurt. Place an asterisk on that one!!

Just shut up and keep your low ratings team out of our site!!!
THE FOURTH TIME AROUND --- IS EVEN BETTER THAN THE FIRST TIME.
Spurfanatic50
Clublakers Rep: Spurs

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Mon Jun 23, 2003 12:25 pm

Spurfanatic50,

I agree that Fox, George, and Madsen are in the same boat as Bowen and Rose. I'm not arguing about that, you're right.

But the conversation was whether Rose and Bowen were meritted to attack Kobe during their parade in San Antonio. If it was, lets say Tracy Mcgrady or Tim Duncan talking about how they stop Kobe and have him quit in Game 6, then I accept that from the superstars.
However, Rose and Bowen have no right to talk like that. They are both turds compared to Kobe. You can take 100 Rose and Bowen together and they will not come close to having the impact on the league and the career as Kobe. So they should just shut up and just enjoy the freakin parade.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Snakell Beast on Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:45 am

George and Madsen maybe, but Rick fox was a 15.4 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 3.8 apg, 2.2 spg all-star level player with the Celtics...can you say that about Rose or Bowen...
Snakell Beast

Postby Spurfanatic50 on Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:40 pm

Well it all comes down to this. Rose and Bowen were sitting on the river barge having fun with the fans. I was there. It was fun. Giving the fans what they want. As far as shutting Kobe down. Well, I guess --- no I'll have to be the first to admit that didn't happen. Like I have said in other threads, it is the team that wins. Not individual talent. That helps, but it doesn't take you over the top.

I hope that nobody minds me being here. I think it was last year that CL was on our web site, and I got an invite over here. When it comes down to playoff time I like to come back to this site. If you don't love the Lakers ya gotta hate them. And I've hated them ever since Norm Nixon was the point guard. Don't know why (jealousy, envy, or what) but I do. I guess that is the biggest amount of respect that I can give you guys. I hate the Lakers. Have ever since The Iceman was playing. Long time. I guess that shows respect. Anyway it is alot of fun to talk basketball and stuff, the car flags are still up. I've still got my championship flag in my window and I'll show up from time to time.

Hope the welcome mat is still up.
Spurfanatic50

Postby BDG on Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:48 pm

You're welcome over here anytime, man. That was a hell of a post. I hope you're not judging us on how we treated KobeStopper. The reason we all hated KobeStopper (fake Spurs fan) is because he posted stupid stuff. If you post intelligent opinions and back em up with your reasons then we don't have problems with you. It's actually better with other teams' fans coming on this board, because then there's no one you can truly debate/discuss with.

The welcome mat is most definitely still up for you.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Spurfanatic50 on Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:50 pm

Thanks.

Ya'll take care.
Spurfanatic50

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Tue Jun 24, 2003 5:02 pm

You're always welcome Spurfanatic50,

My attacks are focused on kobestopper and not you. I love your threads and not b*[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] like that idiot STOPPER.

How do you feel knowing that STOPPER is a bandwagon Spur fan????? He started to rally for SA this year, after years as a Hornets fan.

I ask him what is his team, and he stated that he likes a combination of teams......Magic, Sixers, Heat, and Spurs.

I hate f*ckin bandwagoners!!!!
They are a disease in threads!!!!

Come often and come strong SF50!!! :jam2:
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby OG on Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:47 pm

SpursFanatic50, you are most welcome here. I love a good debate with an intelligent person as yourself, besides, i love your respectfullness. you admit truth, state facts, and respectfuly contrast other's. but one thing that i alrady love about you is that you dont fresent your opinion as fact, you put it as how you yourself felt. like when you talked about how it was personaly fun for you at the parade and you enjoyed it. you didnt go off and say everybody had to like it and if they didnt they were an ideot. i personaly could not have thought of a more deserving champion if the lakers couldnt take it home. the whole robinson thing was kinda emaotional and perfect. although i thought the basketball looked alittle boring and it didnt exactly draw in the fans like the lakers would have, and i know David stern did everything in his power to make sure the Lakers made history and 4 peated with all that star power and glory, in LA, my own tears of joy and....(sorry im going on but this is all getting to me) even going as far as changing the 1st round to the best of 7 to make sure the lakers advanced, and that whole thing baced around needing that first impressive NBA finals rating for ABC in that brand spankin new contract. But i completely understand your own pride and joy for your own team cuz ive been there for the past 3 years and swore on my life i would relive a 4th. i was actualy devistated and extreemly shocked when the Lakers ACTUALY LOST WHEN IT COUNTED! you gotta feel my pain as i feel your joy and pride and be prepared to swith our feelings next year! you have finaly earned the Lakers' respect, somthing not done sine the sacramento kings took them to that legendary type series, the best series ive ever wittnessed. it drew the highest NBA rating since 1998. an impressive 19.0, compare that to the 03 NBA finals of a 6.4.(sorry bout the cheap shot) anyways, ive always been drawn to the Lakers because of their seemingly superiority to the rest of the league. but im going on way to long, keep coming back SpursFanatic50, we love you.
Quoting Shaq on one of his spontainious freestyles durring practices:

"I stay paid niggaaa, I live laid niggaaa, I've been rappen ever since the third grade niggaaa".
OG

Postby Snakell Beast on Tue Jun 24, 2003 8:06 pm

You are always welcome here, so is TheKobeStopper. We here at ClubLakers want all of the vast basketball opinions and fans represented so we can create a universal debate forum that is wrought with diversity. With each opinion that is different, and for every legitimate and intellectual debate that goes on, we serve to create an environment that is all about the basketball and about intelligent analysis of the finer details of the game. What we sometimes get impatient with is immature and emotional hogwash that only serves to lower the level of debate to that which would belong in a 3rd grade playground...and that is not conducive to proper communication or stimulating and inspirational camaraderie.

You and any other individual that likes a different team and wishes to debate in a civil and intelligent manner will always be welcome, even if you sometimes slip up and get derogatory. You haven't really been like that though, spursfanatic, so don't worry about not being welcome, that isn't an issue... :man11: :jam2: :patriot:
Snakell Beast

Postby Spurfanatic50 on Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:21 pm

Well bandwagon fans come in all shapes and sizes. There is a kid across the street who has been wearing a Kobe Bryant jersey for the last three years, and I just saw him wearing a Tony Parker jersey. He's in the fifth grade. I asked him where his Kobe jersey was and he said that Parker was his new favorite player. Whether or not he will pull the Bryant jersey back out next year or not remains to be seen. By the way his Dad still wears his Jordan #23 jersey (Bulls). As long as they are basketball fans I say.
Spurfanatic50

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:50 pm

Nice story spurfanatic50,

I understand. There is the same kind of people here in LA. The same people that are wearing the Lakers gear now, used to be wearing the Bulls #23 or #33 during the 90s.

My only beef with bandwagoners, especially people in here that are bandwagoners is that you can never have a good debate with them since they are unaccounted for. As soon as their current team loses, they'll just switch over and over again. They escape the critical questions and the good humor teasing by constantly switching teams.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Just replying to the original Subject.

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:00 pm

You all know that I'm a Laker Fan. Always have been, Always will be. It broke my heart to see the fellas lose like that but I think we have to give San Antonio their Props. They played good this year and earned that championship. Are they being arrogant? Hell, yes they're being arrogant but no more so than the Lakers were for the past three years. Remember Shaq calling the Kings the Sacromento Queens? Or Shaq saying that Sacromento will never be the capital of California. The new capital is L.A.? I think that any team that wins a NBA championship is going to be arrogant. It's what they spend their entire carrer working for. Knowing that, out of all the great players in the NBA, you came out on top has to make you just a little arrogant. I say give them there props for what they did this year and let them say what they want to. If next year we come out and sweep the Spurs in the playoffs you better believe I'll be as arrogant as Bowen was when talking about it to Spurs fans. :wink:
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:10 pm

I understand what you are saying satin,

However, its ok for Shaq to say those things about Sac town, because he the superstar of the team. He actually did something.

Just like Kobe and Duncan are also superstars.

Players like Bowen, Rose, Devean George, Derek Fisher......etc are just supporting players and does not have a right to attack the stars.
Specifically Bowen is not merrited to attack Kobe, because he did nothing to stop Kobe. At times he needed help on D.

Bowen and Rose are just turds and should not say anything. If there is one person that should talk in that team and that's TIM DUNCAN, the superstar of the team.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:36 pm

Hey Kenobi, I understand your point too. We all know that Bowen and Rose aren't even in the same class as Kobe. Hell, Tim Duncan isn't even in the same class as Kobe. I just say let them talk whatever crap they want to now. Come next year they're going to have to back that crap talkin up. We'll see how he handles Kobe. Or how Kobe handles Bowen is more like it. :boxing1:
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby Spurfanatic50 on Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:04 am

Well I have a reply for all that. First of all, nobody stops Kobe. Refs maybe, or a bad shooting night. Second of all Tim never talks smack. It is not the way he is. He's just a nice guy who happens to be one hell of a basketball player.

The Lakers will always stay in L.A. They will never leave. We have three players who saved our franchise. The Spurs were on rent from Dallas at the beginning of their ABA days. The Iceman saved us first. Then came the down years, Alvin Robertson - Johnny Dawkins years. David Robinson came along and saved us again. Now Tim pushes us to a new level.

We are new at this championship thing. Hopefully we can add a few more. I just don't remember anybody disrespecting the Lakers. The Mavericks are a whole different story. However I'm hoping that all the Spurs will remember that it takes commitment every year. Talking trash is one thing, but working hard to be a championship team every year is another.

The Spurs were a surprise to everyone this year including me. They have some nice options going into next year. I really don't care if the ratings were low. Hell I don't even know what a 19 share means. I just hope the Spurs brass will spend the money (cap room) well and put another great team together.
Spurfanatic50

dissin' the Spurs

Postby Highlander4 on Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:56 am

first of all, i'm old school - laker fan since the celtics broke our hearts at the form when don nelson's shot bounced off the rim and dropped in in game 7.

leave the spurs alone and focus on us.

shaq wasn't motivated (for whatever reason) - he did not take care of his medical problem until too late and he certainly did not get himself in shape for the season. if shaq had kobe's motivation and determination, we would NEVER lose. he doesn't, so once in awhile things get interesting. as for phil, he is a first ballot hall of famer no doubt, but i have never seen a luckier coach in my 35 years of watching basketball.

no one cares about "marketability". personally, the Spurs were a better "Team" than we were this year, period. give them their due.
Highlander4

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:03 am

Damn Highlander, you are old school. The Don Nelson shot!!!!!
Man a majority of the people in this board wasn't even born yet.

I understand what you are saying.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Kobe's Empire on Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:02 am

first, SPURMS FANATIC, GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE, UR A SPURM FAN, THIS IS A LAKER FORUM U PATHETIC IDIOT.

second...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAASILLLLYYYY this was the most trash and pathetic think i have ever heard in my lifee!!.......kobe lead the damn playoffs in scoring and he had no shoulder. plus, shaq and some others didnt even care......AND FOR 6 EASY GAMES? LOOOLLLL....

those 2 loses were real easy huh? and that 25 point give away was realll easy too huh, JUST KNOW 1 THING, i really belieave if horry's shot ing ame 5 went in, the RING WAS OURS....and plus...if the damn refs called that foul for kobe ATT LEAST, it would stop the breakaway for an [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] at least, regardless of 2 freethrows.

and btw, lovely for the riveralk bullcrap...give mea break, they all probably went ridin along on their [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] horses in some bar in their hicktown shooting at the sky. damn hicks, duncrap looks like a clown, stephon jackson looks like a duck, bowen looks like hsi just stuck his head ip a whales [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] (or should i say his mom's [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.])

BURN SAN [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] BURN AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH they wil never be what we r and never accomplish what we did, EVERRR
Kobe's Empire

Postby Kobe's Empire on Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:20 am

as for ur 6 easy game u punk [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] malik diasy......., just take a look at my quote. oh and if u think 6 is easy, then what do u think of our sweep against u in 2001 and 5 games in 2002? hmmm, that must mean we were sleeping when we destroyed u and hte city of san [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.].

BURN [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] BURN!! AHAHAHAHAHHA
Kobe's Empire

Postby NawlinsLakerFan on Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:27 pm

I wouldn't be too worried about what Bruce "Lee" Bowen and Malik "I got paid $18 mil(?) to do nothing" Rose say about the Lakers and specifically Kobe. We all know if it weren't for Duncan they wouldn't be anywhere near a championship. We know the Lakers aren't worried, we know this probably won't even register with them.

We all know if Horry's shot in Game 5 had gone in none of this would've happened anyway, the parade would've been in LA for the 4th year in a row, DESPITE all our problems! :jam2: Damm skippy!

I agree with the poster who said earlier in the thread that the fact that they're talking about the Lakers at THEIR supposedly special moment means that we're in their heads -- and will always be in their heads. :bang:

That being said, we congratulate the Spurs on their championship. They won the sixteen games required to win it. But -- they better enjoy it while it lasts.
NawlinsLakerFan

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion