Bruce Bowen claims he locked up Kobe and threw him out in 6

Postby OG on Sat Jun 28, 2003 2:26 pm

Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey......SpursFanatic is always welcome! we dont trash other registered posters especialy a registered guest fan of the current champs. The champs and their fans own a simple little legerage over the rest of us and its called, "we got the ring".

Now its no secret that the spurs are a weak and boring champs, but they are the NBA Kings (not the Sacramento Kings) and it doesnt matter if they aren't a dominant champ. It doesnt matter if they bring the rest of the league's image and marketability down. That only matters to David Stern and the rest of the league execs, but doesnt mean jack in who has bragging rights.

I believe you are not a feared champ until you have won atleast 2 in a row and you arent a dominant champ till you win 3 in a row. 2 titles in 5 years, one with an indisputable asterisk by it, means nothing more than you are a good team that managed to get by some injured and unmotivated teams, IE: LA, Sac, and Dallas.

they are feared by no one, espeacialy not Sactown or LA, and are a regretted champ by the NBA Commissioner, His Execs, and all the Execs at ABC who were banking on LA to bring in the Riches. Not to mention the Let down TNT felt by not having the exclusive rights to a western conference Finals rematch between LA and Sac that brought record ratings, advertizing, and intrest last year.

If you care about the league as a whole and how healthy it is, you would be rooting for LA, but some are just selfish and dont care how their team causes major negetive impacts on the League as champs, Like San Antonio, and all they can say is, "oh well, screw the league, we won...we actualy won, how did we ever actualy win???!!!" well for starters you had the road paved for your [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] with injuries to all opponents or potential opponents who would have won. If you went 6 games with the phenix Suns if the 1st round, do you realy think you would have beatin a healthy and motivated LA, or a healthy SacTown?.....dont think so. San Antonio is a fluke untill they atleast repeat.
Quoting Shaq on one of his spontainious freestyles durring practices:

"I stay paid niggaaa, I live laid niggaaa, I've been rappen ever since the third grade niggaaa".
OG

Postby OG on Sat Jun 28, 2003 3:20 pm

I stated a sentence i would like to rephrase as it came out sounding very ignorant:

I stated:

"If you care about the league as a whole and how healthy it is, you would be rooting for LA, but some are just selfish and dont care how their team causes major negetive impacts on the League as champs, Like San Antonio, and all they can say is, "oh well, screw the league, we won...we actualy won, how did we ever actualy win???!!!"

what i should have said was that even though its cool to root for the any team you want, i dont like how people dismiss the fact that it does bring down the rest of the league and they dissmiss that with comments like, "oh well, who cares". well i care because i want the league to be at it greatest every year. but its obvious that cant and wont always be the case as other teams have the right to win no matter what the circumstances as they should not and will not lay down just because they arent a great marketing team, i wouldnt want that to ever happen. root for who you want and let the outcome and impact be dealt with by the Execs, we shouldnt worry about it, although i do.

root for who ever and stay proud! sorry for my ignorant statement but its my "business like" approach to life that somtimes makes me sound like an "extreemest" when it comes to sports.
Quoting Shaq on one of his spontainious freestyles durring practices:

"I stay paid niggaaa, I live laid niggaaa, I've been rappen ever since the third grade niggaaa".
OG

Postby Kobe's Empire on Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:17 pm

aright OG, i'll stop trashing peasants like spurmsfanatic from now on. people just dont understand my blood is yellow and purple. i am so die hard for this team. i hope htere are some laker fans that can relate to me. and none of those damn bandwagons that got on the train 3 years ago.
Kobe's Empire

Postby BDG on Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:15 pm

Kobe's Empire wrote:i'll stop trashing peasants like spurmsfanatic from now on.

haha, i see you're already off to a great start KE! It's all good though. SpursFanatic is welcome, an as SB said, KobeStopper is too. As long as you got something to say, whether it's stupid, upsetting, emotional or uncomprehendible, the fact of the matter is that you CAN say it.

To all who want to get rid of our opponents' fans: when you take away people who don't have the same viewpoint as you, you're hiding yourself from the truth. Not everyone likes the Lakers, as everyone knows.

Express your opinions freely. Everyone is welcome, just know that if you don't have anything intelligent to say, you might get smacked.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:21 am

Yea... there's this one Kings fan on here that doesn't come on very often... I respect him a lot cuz he can back what he talks about, and his opinions are backed with logic... That's why Kobe Stopper doesn't get the respect cuz he uses his heart to talk through, not his mind. It isn't a bad thing to do, but he needs to learn a lil' logic to back what he writes.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Spurfanatic50 on Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:01 am

Rooting for the team that has the best Marketability.

That means everyone should root for L.A. or N.Y. in basketball.

How about football? L.A. doesn't even have a team.

What about baseball. Yankees, Mets, Cubs, Whitesox, Dodgers, and Angels. Well we all know that the Yankees are the class of baseball and the Angels won last year, but without small market teams like the Twins in baseball, The Packers in football, the Spurs in basketball the league still suffers.

The ratings were low this year for the finals. The ratings were low for 5 of the past six superbowls. Same thing for baseball. How accurate are ratings anyway.

I wouldn't expect the ratings in LA to be good for a San Antonio vs. New Jersey NBA finals. Just like the ratings in San Antonio sucked last year for a Los Angeles vs. New Jersey final.

Talking about contracts and ratings just makes sports less interesting. Unless you are a marketing or a business major.
THE FOURTH TIME AROUND --- IS EVEN BETTER THAN THE FIRST TIME.
Spurfanatic50
Clublakers Rep: Spurs

Postby Calimatic on Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:42 am

Nope...Try again. The nationwide ratings werer the worst they have seen since the 70's. And did you watch that series? I am a basketball fan of any games, and that was the worst finals I have ever seen. If we see anymore like this B-Ball will go in the crapper.
Calimatic

Postby killer on Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:14 am

Okay Spurfanatic. Let's be honest. The reason and the only reason that the Spurs won this year was that they were the healthiest, and health plays a big part of the game. I've been watching this game since the early 70s and all these guys can (and always have been able to) play the game. But if you can stay healthy, that's one of the most important keys. Everyone knows that Timmy wasn't the MVP last year (Kidd was but the press refuses to get over his incident with his wife in Phoenix), and Timmy wasn't the MVP this year (at least before the finals), as Garnett was, but they won't give it to a player whose team doesn't make it far in the playoffs (which I will never understand because he got them there and put up a good fight keeping them in the thick of things carrying that whole team on his back). So that negates the "back to back" MVP awards. Robinson was always overrated from day one. And we all know about their "suporting cast." But they managed to stay healthy when the Lakers went down and then Nowitzki went down for Dallas. And that's important. So let them have their little whoopdedoo, but we all know that it won't last. If GP comes on board, and Shaq comes back full force (which he will), and we all know about Kobe, this whole conversation will be a moot issue because the Lakers will slam the rest of the league next season. So enjoy it while it's here Spurfanatic . . . it's not lasting.
killer

Postby Spurfanatic50 on Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:34 am

Calimatic wrote:Nope...Try again. The nationwide ratings werer the worst they have seen since the 70's. And did you watch that series? I am a basketball fan of any games, and that was the worst finals I have ever seen. If we see anymore like this B-Ball will go in the crapper.

Of course I watched the series. Loved every minute of it. Same as 1999. I can understand some fans not liking it or thinking it was boring, however as far as ratings go I just don't understand all the talk. But anyway everyone has their opinions! I don't think basketball will go in the crapper, but diversity has its enemies.

For three years the Lakers were kings. Sandwiched around those three wins are Spurs championships. To me that shows a championship caliber team.
Spurfanatic50

Postby Spurfanatic50 on Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:38 am

killer wrote:Okay Spurfanatic. Let's be honest. The reason and the only reason that the Spurs won this year was that they were the healthiest, and health plays a big part of the game. I've been watching this game since the early 70s and all these guys can (and always have been able to) play the game. But if you can stay healthy, that's one of the most important keys. Everyone knows that Timmy wasn't the MVP last year (Kidd was but the press refuses to get over his incident with his wife in Phoenix), and Timmy wasn't the MVP this year (at least before the finals), as Garnett was, but they won't give it to a player whose team doesn't make it far in the playoffs (which I will never understand because he got them there and put up a good fight keeping them in the thick of things carrying that whole team on his back). So that negates the "back to back" MVP awards. Robinson was always overrated from day one. And we all know about their "suporting cast." But they managed to stay healthy when the Lakers went down and then Nowitzki went down for Dallas. And that's important. So let them have their little whoopdedoo, but we all know that it won't last. If GP comes on board, and Shaq comes back full force (which he will), and we all know about Kobe, this whole conversation will be a moot issue because the Lakers will slam the rest of the league next season. So enjoy it while it's here Spurfanatic . . . it's not lasting.

Of course the Spurs were the healthiest. That is one of the biggest challenges facing teams. To say that the Spurs would have won the championship with the other teams being healthy (Webber, Nowitski,etc.) remains to be seen.

And no --- I don't think you should negate any of Tim's MVP's. They are legitimate. It was voted on and he won. So I don't think that EVERYONE knows that Kidd or Garnett won. Duncan won. It was in all the papers.
Spurfanatic50

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:29 am

It's true, in the long run, the Spurs stuck together, and they stayed healthy. But besides staying healthy, they played championship ball. Sure their championship season revolved around the Lakers start and end, which does show that the Spurs have something to prove. Only 2 teams won championships in the past 5 years, which prove longevity, and the will to win.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Kobe's Empire on Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:16 pm

spurms fanatic, just give up, honestly, please, just give up. there is a majority of laker and non-laker fans against you and the things you say. we see your point because you are a spurms fanatic, but thats ally ou are. the ratings were disgusting this year because they had 2 disgusting teams in this year. last year they were good because of kobe and shaq. simple as that.

oh ya, and for the championship calibar, i dont think so. you cant think what you want, but spurms fans are blind. EVERYONE knows that 99 was a fluke. a complete and utter fluke. the Knicks went tot eh finals for god sakes. if it was a full season, the knicks would have a good mid season, because that would be their push. (their push came in time for the finals) and this year san crappo had an easy ride and they still struggled to win every series in 6.
Kobe's Empire

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:45 pm

But ratings are a matter of opinions, and what's popular to a group of people. I wouldn't want the ratings to be sooo sky high for the Lakers just cuz of Kobe and Shaq, but for their capabilities, and for what they brought to the game. That's like sayin that everyone was a Lakers fan when they played championship ball, and that's not right. I don't like bandwagoned fans, cuz they don't represent us. I don't like populatiry contests, cuz then everyone is gonna like and follow "the in thing."
LakersGyrl2003

Postby BDG on Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:27 pm

KE, I think Spursfanatic is being pretty honest. It's true that Webber, Fox and Nowitzki all got hurt. But like it or not, the Spurs stayed healthy and played well. Although the Lakers are a more "entertaining" team than the Spurs, our roster wasn't deep enough this year, especially with injuries, and the Spurs capitolized on this and beat us.

I think San Antonio had an "easy ride" because they played their [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] off in the regular season and got homecourt advantage. I don't think Spursfanatic should "give up"; his points are all legit.

Also, I wouldn't call 99 a "fluke." Although that title has an asterisk, teams win games by playing 48 minutes and scoring more points than the other team. It's not a fluke if you beat your opponents fairly. In fact, anyone could make a good argument that the 99 title was more legit than this one, simply because the Spurs played 100% healthy teams. However, the Spurs won fairly this season.

At the same time though, Spursfanatic, the fact that the MVP award was just voted on isn't a complete point. The award is voted on by the NBA's elite, not allowing fans or players to cast their votes. Of course they are going to publicize who wins the MVP award, but you have to question why the NBA leaves the award up to a few men to decide, while the majority of people are excluded from the voting process.

The Spurs won the title. They played good basketball and got the gold. There's no conspiracy. The Los Angeles Lakers LOST.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Spurfanatic50 on Thu Jul 03, 2003 9:30 am

Well I can't comment on the voting process of the MVP because I am biased. (I won't lie). However I appreciate BryantDuntGiant and LakerGyrl's reply.

I just don't think that ratings have all that much impact. When a small market team (like the Spurs are) make the finals, there won't be the landslide ratings.(Especially when Tom Tolbert and Bill Walton are there).

Alot has been made about the Spurs not defending their title of 1999. At the same time everyone has said that the reason why the Spurs won this year is because of injuries. (Marbury's shoulder, Fox and George, Nowitski, Webber etc.) Well by the same token who was out of the lineup in 2000. Tim Duncan had knee surgery before the playoffs started that year. That was a good reason why the Spurs didn't do a good job of defending their title. By the way, Marbury played and was outplayed by Parker. Fox was out but George played and was a major factor in the 2 LA wins. And Nowitski is a puss. I think the Mavericks played tougher without him. It would have been hard to take those shots away from Van Exel, Nash, and Finley. Nowitski had doctors clearance to play anyway.
Spurfanatic50

Postby BDG on Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:07 am

Yeah. You have to admit the playoffs would have been MUCH different without injuries this year.

Ratings don't mean anything at all though. It just shows whether or not the teams have a huge fanbase and/or if they play exciting basketball. The Spurs happen to play fundamental, hard-nosed basketball. This will only entertain their fans (as they are the only ones who truly support them) and usually won't generate high ratings.

However, it was that same fundamental, hard-nosed basketball that won them a championship this year. Whether they entertained people in the process or not, they go the job done.

And that's all that matters.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:53 pm

The NBA doesn't have to be entertaining for it to have a purpose. It's not drama like other reality tv shows. If people are lookin for drama, hit up something else. Finals are about the 2 best teams competing for the glory of being called a champion. It takes hard work and dedication to do so. Who cares which teams play, it's a title game, and the ratings are usually based opon whether or not a group of "nobody's" or a group of people that don't know nothing about the game, who rate whether or not they THINK it's popular. I'm sure no one agrees with them, when it's something ur enjoying.
LakersGyrl2003

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion