Bruce Bowen claims he locked up Kobe and threw him out in 6

Postby OG on Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:01 pm

I just got done watching the San Antonio "parade" ,(a very cheezy and [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] one, nothing on the scale of an LA parade), and right before Bruce Bowen was introdused, Malike Rose was speaking on his behalf and he said, " Not only did Bruce put the best one on one player in the NBA, (Kobe), on lock with chains, he help throw him out in 6 easy games". Then Bruce Bowen got up there and started bragging about stopping the player that no one else could stop, Kobe, and all the others in the league and on and on and on and on, bragging after more bragging after even more bragging. I tell you what, the whole damn parade was themed on beating LA if you can read between the lines you'll see what im talking about. This was full of bull*[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] and I know Kobe will hear of San Antonio's comments about him and he better be prepared to completely embarrase Bruce Bowen all 4 times in the upcoming regular season because this was beyound upsetting to watch, it was down right disrespectfull to the three time defending champs who ran alittle low on gas. I also happens to know Kobe will take this personal and Shaq will be ready to demolish Timmy cuz there were some sly comments about Shaq, none very flattering to say the least. Basicly, Tim Dunkin thinks he's took Shaq's place.
Quoting Shaq on one of his spontainious freestyles durring practices:

"I stay paid niggaaa, I live laid niggaaa, I've been rappen ever since the third grade niggaaa".
OG

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:28 pm

Wow, more motivation. Love it while it last's San Antonio, because we will be back next year with a few surprises... :man12:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:11 pm

You see what happens when teams think too far ahead of themselves... They won their 2nd title in 5 years, and look how arrogant they truly are... It's not even right for them to pump themselves up this way, but hey, what do we expect? :freak2: LOL... Well I guess their championship days are fun while they lasted.... lmao :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

hahahahaha

Postby SEALCLUBBERS on Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:44 pm

Tim Duncan has bragging rights on Shaq, come on ya'll!!! Back to back MVP's and the Spurs have one 2 of the last 5 championships with Duncan leading the way. Sure the Lakers got their 3 in a row, but it's Duncan and the Spurs that prooved they're the team to beat after this season. So be smart Laker fans, act like Kobe and admit the better team of 2003 was the Spurs. 2004 is a new year! As for the Karl Malone thing, that might be a good idea. Shaq might finally have somebody with a good work ethic to kick his fat arse in shape before the regular season begins.
There is no try, only do!
SEALCLUBBERS

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:42 pm

Well, if Bruce Bowen wants to take credit for allowing the points per game leader in the playoffs as proof that he clamped him down, then by all means he should do so. His foot must have a great flavor to it. As far why Kobe's performance was hindered...I am not making excuses (cause he was still dominant as hell) but that torn shoulder must have played at least a small part in his shooting % being lower...unless Bowen thinks he is god and made that happen, I don't see a whole lot to brag about...
Snakell Beast

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Thu Jun 19, 2003 6:17 pm

I will go a step further. Bowen opening his mouth was the best thing that could have happened for the Lakers. Remember a guy named Ruben Patterson, the self-proclaimed Kobe Stopper? Kobe has never let that guy live that down. Everytime he see's him, he lights him up like a Christmas tree. Expect to see the same here.

As far as Timmy. I really don't know anyone outside of the San Antonio organization or Fans that like to see this guy play. I will take nothing from him, he is good and deserves respect. However, watching him play is boring!!!! His choir boy act is old also. We all know that Garnett was the true MVP this year and the NBA gave Timmy a hand me down. Shaq saw Timmy win this Championship, and saw how Tolbert and Walton jumped on the Duncan banwagon and just dissed Shaq. Expect to see a MVP like season out of Shaq next year. He will also take this personally and will be out to prove that there is no center as dominant as him. That is why regardless of who the Lakers pick up in the offseason, we will win next year. :mad1: The fire has been lit up under both of our superstars [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] and not to mention, people are now questioning how good a coach is Phil. So don't think that the 3 of them won't be out to prove something next year. This SA Championship is similar to the one they won in 1999. It just pissed the Lakers off and motivated them to kick [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. :mad1: Watch out, here we come again!!! :bow:
Lakerfantilidie

Postby LakerLady on Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:12 pm

I agree with Lakerfantilidie. Keep talking Bowen and anyone else and thanks! The only thing you're accomplishing is further motivating Shaq, Kobe, and company, which isn't exactly smart. Just ask Vlade.
LakerLady

Postby BDG on Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:14 pm

bruce bowen and malik rose need to shut the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] up. you cant be stopping a guy and let him drop over 30 on you each game. Kobe owned him the entire series, he just had a weak supporting cast. i didn't hear them running their mouthes when the Lakers raped them the past 3 years. now THAT is not classy.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

:

Postby JSM on Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:29 pm

The statements they are making is showing alot about their character. I mean we did not talk about the teams we have beaten and said oh we stopped so and so. We had better things to do than think about the teams we have beaten during our off season. I guess if I was a laker, I would either be flattered or scared that they are still talking about us and thinking about how they "stopped" some of our players, this is kind of pathetic on their parts since this was more than a month ago, but if thats how they want to waste their free time it's fine with me. I guess they know this will be their last chance to say junk, since they won't be able to beat us in the playoff series again for a very long time. Next season, Kobe and Shaq are going to shut them up the first game they play each other.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri Jun 20, 2003 1:15 am

We're still on their minds...good...if they are gonna get hit with a Mack truck, they might as well know it is coming and enjoy the time they have...their championship run has terminal illness, purple and gold leprosy...and it is eating away their accomplishment already...
Snakell Beast

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:42 am

So they're still talkin about us?? Glad to see they think more about US than they do about their own championship... I guess manipulation does actually start in the minds, huh? It's like the Lakers are involuntary manipulatin SA, huh?? LMAO :man10:
LakersGyrl2003

Re: Bruce Bowen claims he locked up Kobe and threw him out i

Postby Spurfanatic50 on Fri Jun 20, 2003 8:44 am

OG wrote:I just got done watching the San Antonio "parade" ,(a very cheezy and [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] one, nothing on the scale of an LA parade), and right before Bruce Bowen was introdused, Malike Rose was speaking on his behalf and he said, " Not only did Bruce put the best one on one player in the NBA, (Kobe), on lock with chains, he help throw him out in 6 easy games". Then Bruce Bowen got up there and started bragging about stopping the player that no one else could stop, Kobe, and all the others in the league and on and on and on and on, bragging after more bragging after even more bragging. I tell you what, the whole damn parade was themed on beating LA if you can read between the lines you'll see what im talking about. This was full of bull*[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] and I know Kobe will hear of San Antonio's comments about him and he better be prepared to completely embarrase Bruce Bowen all 4 times in the upcoming regular season because this was beyound upsetting to watch, it was down right disrespectfull to the three time defending champs who ran alittle low on gas. I also happens to know Kobe will take this personal and Shaq will be ready to demolish Timmy cuz there were some sly comments about Shaq, none very flattering to say the least. Basicly, Tim Dunkin thinks he's took Shaq's place.

Well unless you were there I doubt you can call it cheesy. It was a wonderful River parade. 400,000 strong and boisterous and no riots. I guess burning cars would have made it more L.A. like, but we tend to want to do things our own way. By the way Kobe did have his way with Bruce, He didn't clamp him down, however the Spurs did beat the Lakers. Game 6 was classical. Team wise. Where was Fisher, Horry, Fox wouldn't have helped. We're the champs this year. Deal with it. Everything I heard down here from the champs was how good it was to beat the defending champs. Gave them all their props and everything. Ya'll are just trying to create hype. Hollywood I guess.
THE FOURTH TIME AROUND --- IS EVEN BETTER THAN THE FIRST TIME.
Spurfanatic50
Clublakers Rep: Spurs

Postby BDG on Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:24 am

Well, unless you were here, I doubt you can call us "Hollywood." Are you reading the posts? I don't understand how we're trying to create "hype" when we simply don't like the fact that Bruce Bowen claimed he shut Kobe down. This isn't hype at all, these are just the facts about what was said at the Spurs Parade. A couple of Spurs made an unclassy gesture toward the Lakers and obviously Laker fans won't like that. So I don't see how we're trying to create "hype."
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby TheKobeStopper on Fri Jun 20, 2003 12:51 pm

I say just wait next year guys.The Lakers will probly be swept by the spurs if they meet again.The Spurs have one hell of a bright future and on the other hand "the lakers" a very unclear future.I remember Game 6 when the Spurs and Lakers played at yalls home.I remember what people said,"Oh man the Lakers are mad they smell blood there gonna wake up and beat the Spurs by by unbelievable numbers!"..........Yah,it just turned into just a plain old whoop [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] by the Spurs.And now I hear again from Laker fans that Shaq is mad and Kobe is mad and they are gonna come back and just roll everyone and smoke them like a philly blunt and that Kobe is gonna come back and snatch that mvp trophy from Timmy D!Pleaseeeee..........The Spurs are gonna be a force to hard to handle next year!Timmy D has not even reached his prime yet people.Be ready for a more dominant 21 next year!So stop your whinning :man6: and get ready for the new dynasty!!!!! :jam2:
TheKobeStopper

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri Jun 20, 2003 12:54 pm

Who the f*ck is Malik Rose and Bruce Bowen???

If it wasn't for Tim Duncan, these f*ckers would be playing over seas.

These idiots are just talking to create themselves a rivalry with us. Well, they better stand in line because we are concentrating more with the Kings than the Spurs. The Spurs felt left out by the Lakers and Kings that they had to open up their pie holes and talk a little smack. Stay in JV squad, losers!!! Because in true reality, if Webber didn't get hurt, your [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] whould have been swept by the Kings in the WCF!!!!

The West is all about the Lakers and the Kings!!!!
The Spurs are not even at the level of these two!!
They were not the best team this year. It was the Kings. They got lucky that Webber got hurt. Place an asterisk on that one!!

Just shut up and keep your low ratings team out of our site!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Jun 20, 2003 2:01 pm

So why is it, that eri-team wants to create a rivalry with us?? Are we that much in their minds all the time, that they gotta stop what thy're doin, to create a better rivalry? LMAO... U see where I'm goin wit this. Just cuz some idiots started riots, and lighted cars, doesn't mean that Lakers fans are as classless as these jerks... They prolly just hung outside of Staples so they can have a reason to do so, anyway... But u didn't think of that did u? Figures.

Well KobeStopper, u better be more clear about u remembering what people said. Cuz if ur referrin to the announcers, well u can throw that away. ABC and TNT announcers need to go somewhere and hide, cuz they're arent analysts just commentators which mean they throw opinions out there and not facts... Plain ole whoop [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] by SA?? Pls... How quick u forget that we eliminated them in the semis of 2002, and we swept them in 2001! So I dont know what constitutes a "plain" ole SA whoop [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.].

SA, a dynasty team!? Please they can't even win 2 titles in a row like all the teams of the 90's did, and then some. They were the only fluke, and well they STILL are until they can prove themselves, which they won't be able to cuz tha Lakers are on tha rise. And stay in denial all u want! :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby TheKobeStopper on Fri Jun 20, 2003 2:15 pm

I guess if some of yall just want to put an * on this spurs chapionship.You might as well put * on every chapionship team that won in history! :freak2:
TheKobeStopper

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Jun 20, 2003 2:20 pm

It's not even like that... Rules have changed, and regulations have changed. So in the process when one breaks one of these new aquired sets, then it's tends to have an asterick on that title won, in that specific year. That's why the game is to where it is now, cuz players are more competitive, and back then it wasn't even as big as baseball which was around longer. So obviously when sports are around for a long time, things change.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby TheKobeStopper on Fri Jun 20, 2003 2:40 pm

There are other teams in the nba all working for that ring and to say one was not sapost to win or that should have not even be in that situation is just ludacris.Theres other people that could step up on that team and try to beat that one yall put an * on.The truth is if the Lakers won the 1999 championship Laker fans wouldnt put an * on it.(and the media would not either)But now a low media team gets the ring people are like who the hell is this!I think no matter what people are gonna just tear into the SA spurs unless they become a media team.
TheKobeStopper

Postby OG on Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:23 pm

Listen, #1 the reason why nothing was looted in SAN ANTONIO was because there is nothing to loot. and the crowd was 300,000, not 400,000. nothing compared to an LA parade where millions are there. San Antonio's marketability is worthless as proved by the all time low ratings and you cant blame it on their opponent being the nets cuz the lakers had them last year and doubled the san antonio ratings in a damn one sided sweep. you would have figured a 6 games, more competitive series would draw higher but nobody cares for san antonio. the lakers alone draw all the ratings, media attention, and fan fare by themselves and nobody else compares with their marketability. Shaquille O'neil is this era's Michael Jordan in his marketability and dominance. Tim duncin couldnt draw anyone's attention outside SA as nobody knows who he is for his game. Shaq does more for this league than Tim could ever dream of doing. Thats why Shaq is always the real MVP in every general manager's mind but they dont realy count him in actualy giving out the official award cuz he is a level above everyone else and it wouldnt be fare, he would win every year. do you realy think the spurs got that good over one year? or do you think injuries and an unmotivated shaq had alot more to do with it? Tim's numbers are identical as past years pretty much and he cant win without a huge supporting cast of other excellent players. Shaq needs just kobe and thats it, besides a few other "pick up the slack" players. that shows you the real dominance of shaq. when he was healthy, they swept the same team the spurs went six games with. that shows you the true MVP. believe me, there is only one other team in the NBA who can run with a healthy lakers team and thats Sacramento and you can bet your [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] the kings would have ran wild on your spurs and put them on lock so quick a sweep would occur on your boring spurs faster that you could say it. remember, a healthy lakers team and a healthy sacramento were the only two deserving teams for the 03 championship but crap happened and injuries took their toll. Spurs are just another team when the real teams, LA and SAC, are puting up a real 7 games series full of heroics and excitment.
Quoting Shaq on one of his spontainious freestyles durring practices:

"I stay paid niggaaa, I live laid niggaaa, I've been rappen ever since the third grade niggaaa".
OG

Postby TheKobeStopper on Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:34 pm

Sounds like someone is just jealous! :man13:

Your telling me just becuase Shaq can sell merchindice and Timmy D cant that makes him the NBA?!!!Please.................... :man8:
TheKobeStopper

Postby TheKobeStopper on Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:36 pm

Sorry mest up!

I ment to put,"Your telling me just becuase Shaq can sell merchindice and Timmy D cant that makes him the NBAs MVP?!!!Please......."
TheKobeStopper

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:46 pm

It didn't matter which team won in the 99 season, they still would have an asterick on that year... but we all already know it was SA, and that's the team that has it on their 1st title... It's as simple as that, like it or not, it wasn't a full season.

It has nothing to do with a popularity contest on who can sell merchandise. That's what I just made of what the KobeStopper just wrote. Players that sell merchandise are talented, and fans see that talent and they wanna support the talented players. What about that don't u understand, Stopper? It seems like ur just one track minded at time, open up ur mind, and face the facts, please! I'm not tryin to start conflict, I'm just lettin u know, u in denail!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby TheKobeStopper on Fri Jun 20, 2003 4:04 pm

opinions, opinions,opinions...... :man8:
TheKobeStopper

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Jun 20, 2003 4:24 pm

Opinions? Nah, it's factual when u look into comments :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion