Bruce Bowen whining about the officials....

Bruce Bowen whining about the officials....

Postby 4Rings on Mon May 12, 2003 12:23 pm

"We know Kobe is a superstar. The guy certainly doesn't need any help. I just wish they'd let us play."
-- Spurs forward Bruce Bowen, on how the officials have called the game while he guards Lakers guard Kobe Bryant. :man6:

If they let Bowen play the way he wants to, he would have murdered Kobe by now. I don't know what the Spurs are [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] about. Duncan went to the line 20 times by his damn self. Kobe got to the line because he drove to the hoop. Wake up, Boocy Booce. Oh, and Duncan gets away with offensive fouls so I don't want to hear this complaining.

We all know most of the calls tomorrow will go in the Spurs' favor and we are just going to have to play through it.
4Rings

Postby BDG on Mon May 12, 2003 12:55 pm

Bruce Bowen is being a whiny little girl. I respect his defensive abilities, but Kobe's getting those calls because he's PENETRATING... something that the Spurs don't and can't do because the Lakers have an excellent defensive force. He might have been able to make Kobe's shots more difficult in the first two games, but I think Kobe's found how to shake him and is simply torching him on offense.

Face the facts: THERE IS NO KOBE STOPPER!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon May 12, 2003 12:57 pm

Funny, I could have sworn that's what Mark Madsen, Samaki Walker and Robert Horry said last night...Tim Duncan gets totally CODDLED by the refs...I wish they would let us play...If they let Kobe defend HALF as physically as Bowen, Robinson and Dunca...he would win defensive player of the year EVERY year!
Snakell Beast

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon May 12, 2003 3:54 pm

Thank you..... Kobe does what he does cuz he's physical... He drives to the lane, and expects contact, which happens, and he doesn't get the call most of the time... And what does Bowen want? A murder scene? Does he wanna play street ball or somethin? This league has rules they gotta follow on tha court, and if HE can't just accept that and just play the game he gets played to play, then that's his badd., :bang:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Guest on Mon May 12, 2003 7:26 pm

bruce said somthing people
cool it
his so called "whining" by you fakers
is nothign compared to your whining about the officaitong

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Mon May 12, 2003 8:59 pm

Guys just ignore this guest idiot and his retarded statements.
Just go back to your low rated Spurs forum and stay away from ours.

This is another case of [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] that will never work. The Queens did it last year and we know what happened in that series.

Bowen is just scared because his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] is getting tossed by Kobe, like a cheap hooker in Figueroa. He needs to go back to the CBA or some other NBL.

Superstar will always get the calls. Just ask MJ all those years.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Guest on Mon May 12, 2003 9:17 pm

geeeeeeeee
why are y'all so sensitive when people that post here dont happen to be laker fans?

cool.....it........

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Mon May 12, 2003 9:30 pm

Hey are you that same garbage guest that I'm tossing in the other thread.

Why am I so sensitive.......

.......Stop whining you little girl.

If you can't take it just leave or put a valid argument and we can gladly debate.

But all you want to do is put some stupid thread to get some attention.

What the f*ck is lalalalalalalalla, you idiot!!!

What are you a geek or a nerd who wants some attention from the cool kids!!!!

I used to know those losers from my high school and I know your kind now in college. You are all alike, just a bunch of morans!!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Guest on Mon May 12, 2003 9:33 pm

lalalalalalalalaall
is llalalalalallaalalallaal
what dont you understand?

i want to tel yall the reign is over people
start getting your fish worms ready
see you at arco lake! :man12:

Postby Guest on Mon May 12, 2003 9:33 pm

FYI
i am a adult guy

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Mon May 12, 2003 9:43 pm

You know what???

I'm not going to bother with you losers.

You are just a bunch of stoners, who can't write proper sentences together.

I guess illiterates can type too!!!!

I just tossed you fruits in tha last couple of responses with some valid points and evidence and all you d^ckheads can come back with is the.....

...reign is over and FYI...I'm an adult.

CL just buzz these guys off the board, so we can talk some real topics.

I don't feel like babysitting these kids right now.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Guest on Mon May 12, 2003 9:52 pm

mister
i do not consider swearing at non laker fans an act of adulthood do you?

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Mon May 12, 2003 10:10 pm

All right,

Tell me why the Lakers reign is over. Give me reasons in more than one sentences, followed by support and evidence that back your claims. Support your ideas and I will respond to yours. I will agree with some of your points and disagree with others. But that's ok, because we both love our teams and are very passionate towards them. Give me something to work with, Remember, evidence and logical reasons. No stupid statements!!!!!
Last edited by Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Mon May 12, 2003 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Bruce Bowen Whining About the Officials

Postby LakerLady on Mon May 12, 2003 10:11 pm

Oh, please. The way Bowen plays Kobe is much worse than what you can see on TV. I was at game 3 and couldn't believe what Bowen got away with. When I've seen Kobe play that kind of smothering defense, he immediately gets called for a foul. Duncan definitely gets preferential treatment. Even the anti-Laker ABC commentators wanted to know why Duncan doesn't get called for an offensive foul for the same moves that the refs get Shaq on. How about when Duncan bashed Fish in the head in the last seconds of game 4 and didn't get called? Isn't it interesting that when teams lose against the Lakers for their own mistakes (such as Tony Parker's brilliant inbounds pass), they trot out the ref card instead of acknowledging their own failings?
LakerLady

Postby Guest on Mon May 12, 2003 10:18 pm

Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 wrote:All right,

Tell me why the Lakers reign is over. Give me reasons in more than one sentences, followed by support and eveidence that back your claims. Support your ideas and I will respond to yours. I will agree with some of your points and disagree with some. But that's ok, because we both love our teams and are very passionate towards them. Give me something to work with, Remember, evidence and logical reasons. No stupid statements!!!!!

oK
this is what i think
withour cwebb the kings are in tight race with the mavs and they lost in game 3 in dare i say ot by 4 points!
without chris webber!
look how deep the bench is!
I agree Lakers SHOULD get past the spurs but you never know.
The Kings are hungirire than ever this year
and if forsome crazy reason chris is ready to go at some point in teh WCF
tehy will beat the lakers
if not
tehn the bench for sactown will step it up.

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Mon May 12, 2003 10:28 pm

First and foremost, LakerLady you should sign up as member, because we need another insightful female member in our forum. I love your views and support your reasons.

Next, to the GUEST...you should sign up too!!! No kidding. We have a couple of Queens fans in this forum and we debate with them on a regular basis. They bring in insightful topics.

I agree that anything can happen in this series. Whoever wins the Lakers-Spurs series is a strong candidate to win it all.

I know the Queens are hungry, but the lose of Webber kills their hopes. With no inside presence (and don't tell me that Vlade and Keon Clark are inside presences), either Shaq or Tim Duncan will dominate with relative ease.

That leaves jump shots by the Queens and you will never win playoff series and championships, by just shooting jumpshots. Just ask Dallas.

All I know is the games tomorrow will be competetive. It should be great. Come back tomorrow and we will see.

However, winning tomorrow's game does not mean you won the series. Anything can happen on Game 6.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Mon May 12, 2003 10:32 pm

Also, Chris Webber won't be back in time for the WCF.

His stated 2-3 week return is a reach and will be to late. I see it more as 4-6, and they are not even sure if he can still play at that point. By that time the NBA Finals are there.

His injury is pretty serious. Its not a simple one. He has lost his chance to play playoff ball in a great level this year. He has to wait till next year.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Re: Bruce Bowen Whining About the Officials

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon May 12, 2003 11:58 pm

LakerLady wrote:Oh, please. The way Bowen plays Kobe is much worse than what you can see on TV. I was at game 3 and couldn't believe what Bowen got away with. When I've seen Kobe play that kind of smothering defense, he immediately gets called for a foul. Duncan definitely gets preferential treatment. Even the anti-Laker ABC commentators wanted to know why Duncan doesn't get called for an offensive foul for the same moves that the refs get Shaq on. How about when Duncan bashed Fish in the head in the last seconds of game 4 and didn't get called? Isn't it interesting that when teams lose against the Lakers for their own mistakes (such as Tony Parker's brilliant inbounds pass), they trot out the ref card instead of acknowledging their own failings?

Hey gyrl!! We need more females like u on tha board.. So do us both a favor and register please! U talk the talk and back it up with opinions, unlike this guest dude on here, who's whinnin' too much... So please register, and come often!!!!! :man1:

And to that guest.... Please don't come up in our board and whine about stuff without any facts to base ur opinions on.. Cuz if u just come on here with opinions, ur just gonna continue to look as pitiful as ur grammar on here... So with all that in mind, do urself a BIG favor and sign up, and support ur team on here, cuz we're not biased, just Lakers fans with knowledge to back up our logical opinions, aight? One!!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby 4Rings on Tue May 13, 2003 12:15 am

Hey what am I, chopped liver? I am another female Laker fan. :jam2:
4Rings

Postby 4Rings on Tue May 13, 2003 12:18 am

If you read that article I posted about the Lakers coming back from being down 0-2, it said that Tim Duncan is coddled by the refs and the reason Shaq is called for all these offensive fouls is because they don't want Shaq beating up on the league's back to back MVP. That is a load of crap.

As for the Kings...Whose to say that the Kings could beat the Lakers even if Webber was healthy? The Lakers do have a bit of a mental hold on the Kings, no matter what Crybibby or Floopy say. Whoever wins this series (Lakers/Spurs) is going to win the championship. Period!
4Rings

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Tue May 13, 2003 12:18 am

Hey 4Rings you're another important female member of the clublakers family. You should go to the off-topic chat we have in this site. A lot of interesting things are talked about. Join our DATING thread discussion.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue May 13, 2003 12:19 am

4Rings wrote:Hey what am I, chopped liver? I am another female Laker fan. :jam2:

I didn't know!!! Mah badd!!! U never made it known u were another female fan... I know of 3, Lakerqueen, FirstLady, and Monie32373.....

:jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby 4Rings on Tue May 13, 2003 12:21 am

I prefer to move in anonymous cyber silence like a ninja. :man1:
4Rings

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue May 13, 2003 12:24 am

4Rings wrote:I prefer to move in anonymous cyber silence like a ninja. :man1:

Muuuhahahahaha!! Karate Chop this peeps!! LOL :bow:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Tue May 13, 2003 12:27 am

I guess we have 5 known female members know and more to come!!!!

Clublakers is just growing and growing!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion