Calling all TRUE Laker Fans

Calling all TRUE Laker Fans

Postby Kobe's Empire on Sat Jul 19, 2003 7:19 pm

Laker Fans, this is a tough time for all of us as Laker fans. Many mixed emotions, but for our sake and for even Kobe's sake maybe.....let us talk about different things and topics than this. Kobe will play next year and he will be innocent, i know this in my heart and nothing anyone does or says can change that. there will be enough talk about this whole situation when the pathetic vultures in the media get another little, tiny piece of news. So, let us please concentrate our attention to other topics about our Lakers and still keep Kobe in our prayers...................

Would lineup would you guys prefer for our starting lineup......Fish, Payton, Kobe, Malone, and Shaq.....or Payton, Kobe, Devean, Malone, and Shaq.

Personally, i prefer devean in the starting lineup and keeping karl as a starter, not as a back up for shaq. the lineups will eventaully change during the game to either one of these, but i really think D-fish will be a stud off the bench and as a 6th man. And ive never been a fan of having 2 point gaurds both of your gaurds for clutch situations.
Kobe's Empire

Postby Reddy on Sat Jul 19, 2003 7:29 pm

I say use them alternately fish is sparking on offense and picking teh ball
and george is athletic everywhere
i say alternately both have their advantages
however if i had to pick 1, george! :bow:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby kobe_babee on Sat Jul 19, 2003 7:38 pm

PG- Gary Payton
SG- Kobe Bryant
C- Shaq O'Neal
PF- Karl Malone
SF- Devean George

Why Devean George? Because DFish is good in offense not so good in defense. George can do better in defense. We dont need anymore offnse from Fish because we have 4 other men to do that. So Devean George for me!
kobe_babee

Postby Guest on Sat Jul 19, 2003 8:02 pm

Seriously, this rape stuff is getting old fast. I say Devean should start. He'll get alot of open shots, and from what I've seen he can hot most of them

Postby echo nation on Sun Jul 20, 2003 12:05 am

george's production will go up as a starter
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby ITS JOEY on Sun Jul 20, 2003 12:18 am

I absolutely love dev's athletic abilities. he reminds me of shawn marion, he can jump, he has long arms and has a decent jump shot. but i get scared when he tries to take it to hole, because it seems like he always gets called for an offensive foul.
ITS JOEY

Postby Kobe's Empire on Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:37 am

yes, that is the thing the coaching staff told him to work on this summer......his ball handling abilities and his shooting a little bit to be more consistent..........but Dev isnt hte type of player that can necessarily create his own shot....thats why he shouldnt go to the whole because he is out of control sometimes because of his handling. but D fish is needed sometimes when they pressure us full court and he might have to bring it up a few times........but Dev is the kind of player that moves without the ball and lets the game come to him and on top of that he has great athletisism......if his game developed a little more, he can be a notable name around the league.
Kobe's Empire

Postby SWOL on Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:54 am

ITS JOEY wrote:I absolutely love dev's athletic abilities. he reminds me of shawn marion, he can jump, he has long arms and has a decent jump shot. but i get scared when he tries to take it to hole, because it seems like he always gets called for an offensive foul.

you should register......i could not agree more, Deaven is kind of a poor mans Shawn Marion, he is improving, Phil likes tall rangy type players, this makes us really tall and athletic

1 Glove 6'4
2 Kobe 6'7
3 Deaven 6'8
4 Mail 6'10
5 Diesel 7'1
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby ITS JOEY on Sun Jul 20, 2003 12:18 pm

swolswol wrote:
ITS JOEY wrote:I absolutely love dev's athletic abilities. he reminds me of shawn marion, he can jump, he has long arms and has a decent jump shot. but i get scared when he tries to take it to hole, because it seems like he always gets called for an offensive foul.

you should register......i could not agree more, Deaven is kind of a poor mans Shawn Marion, he is improving, Phil likes tall rangy type players, this makes us really tall and athletic

1 Glove 6'4
2 Kobe 6'7
3 Deaven 6'8
4 Mail 6'10
5 Diesel 7'1

hi swolswol!! i'm here :jam2: yes he's a great player, jerry west sure knows how to pick 'em!
ITS JOEY

Postby Return2Showtime on Sun Jul 20, 2003 1:52 pm

Definitely. Jerry West said last year that he was interested in Devean George... when Jerry West says that and you have that player on your team, you listen, and you keep that player. Look what happened when the Lakers trusted Jerry with Kobe. (And to idiot guests and other posters, I'm not referring to any of Kobe's charges, just his playing capabilities)
The additions of Payton and Malone will bring the Lakers back to having talent like they did during the Showtime Era... maybe they can win another championship like the one Magic is holding.
Return2Showtime

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:17 pm

swolswol wrote:

1 Glove 6'4
2 Kobe 6'7
3 Deaven 6'8
4 Mail 6'10
5 Diesel 7'1

ur heights r off -_- kobe 6"6, malone 6"9
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby Mettalic-Laker (Knights) on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:19 pm

I thought Kobe was 6' 7"
The task ahead of you is never as great as the power behind you. LA Lakers, THE PERENNIAL CHAMPS!!!
Mettalic-Laker (Knights)

Postby BDG on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:22 pm

6'7 with the fro, 6'6 without it. it's not that big of a difference
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby lalgirl3 on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:23 pm

I thought he was 6'8 :man3:
lalgirl3

Postby Mettalic-Laker (Knights) on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:23 pm

Thanks
The task ahead of you is never as great as the power behind you. LA Lakers, THE PERENNIAL CHAMPS!!!
Mettalic-Laker (Knights)

Postby Return2Showtime on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:33 pm

Well, Kobe refers to himself as 6'6" (the interview in the LA Times earlier this year when he was comparing himself to MJ), but he is listed at 6'7". To add on to the height disparities: Kobe was listed at 6'6" during his rookie year and for a couple of years following that. His height was then listed at 6'7".... it is possible that he grew after his rookie year... he was only 18 after all.
The additions of Payton and Malone will bring the Lakers back to having talent like they did during the Showtime Era... maybe they can win another championship like the one Magic is holding.
Return2Showtime

Postby BDG on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:34 pm

yeah, he began to be listed at 6'7 once the afro came into his life. and still, he's listed at 6'7 today...
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:50 pm

[quote="BryantDunkGiant"]yeah, he began to be listed at 6'7 once the afro came into his life. and still, he's listed at 6'7 today...[/quote

hes listed as 6'6 on nba.com and during nba games which r official
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby Return2Showtime on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:52 pm

They must have changed it back when he cut his hair or when he referred to himself as 6'6"..... cuz I know at one point he was listed at 6'7".
Return2Showtime

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:54 pm

its been 6'6 for like 2 years
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby Return2Showtime on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:56 pm

LaKeRsDyNaStY wrote:its been 6'6 for like 2 years

He cut his 'fro right before the playoffs began for the third championshp... But I know I saw 6'7" on there at one point.
Return2Showtime

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:23 pm

Yeap :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby SWOL on Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:26 pm

either way the thing i love bout our team is they have some people with a fire in thier [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]....... i love Bob Horry as much as the next laker fan ... but sometimes he looked so lazy that i just got pissed off, i like intensity, we def. have that now
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby Kobe's Empire on Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:17 am

no he is 6'7.......andi thought the mail man was 6'9
Kobe's Empire

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:20 am

no he is 6'7 ? y do u people argue before getting facts down.. GO NBA.COM AND DURING GAMES IT SAYS 6'6 HE WAS ONLY LISTED AS 6'7 FOR A WHILE
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion