Can't wait to see what we do on July 1st.

Can't wait to see what we do on July 1st.

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:22 pm

"We need to go out and get veteran players to play with our team and we have a hit list of what we want to do on July 1st," Jackson said.

Phil and the lakers know what they need for next season. Lets hope that they go after the Vets vigorously.

Here's the article: http://www.pe.com/sports/lakers/stories ... 58294.html
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:00 pm

Which means that we might get GP, cuz Cassell's gone, and GP said that if he leaves then he's outta there too... GP is gonna be with us cuz he wants tha ring, and now I know we're top on his list. :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:23 pm

Hell yeah, That would be the Shiznat. If we got GP, Shaq gets back into shape and Kobe heals that shoulder (which shouldn't be a prob) we will win the cahmpionship fo sho next year.
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri Jun 27, 2003 4:26 pm

It wasn't a trade that was meant to help the Bucks, they wanted to get rid of cassell and force Payton out. Then they rebuild after the MJ take over...
Snakell Beast

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Fri Jun 27, 2003 4:51 pm

MJ is not going to get rid of his only ALLSTAR player in GARY PAYTON for who?.... FISHER?... sorry its not going to happen.
MJ will give him the money he is asking for and then the GLOVE will help groom TJ FORD.
If you think MJ thinks more highly of FISHER's game than that of PAYTON's then your out of your mind. Payton will resign with the BUCKS

JASON TERRY is off our list also.. he just signed an extension with ATLANTA.

Lets hope we get more luck with ARENAS.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Fri Jun 27, 2003 4:58 pm

Payton may stay with the Bucks, Thats true but there is still a chance he'll sign with the Lakers. It's all just talk anyways. We'll know who's going where come Tuesday hopefully.
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Fri Jun 27, 2003 5:05 pm

well we can't really start signing FREE AGENTS until JULY 15th
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Magic#32 on Fri Jun 27, 2003 5:12 pm

Screw Payton's old, greedy [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.].

If we get Payton, it shows that we are only thinking of "now" instead of the "future". He can still ball, but he's old. Plus, the talk of him grooming T.J. makes sense to me.

Let's get Ty Lue back on board with us. He knows the offense. He's young. He had game, and has gotten great experience with the Wizards. Plus...he said he would come back. I would really like to see him battle against Cassell now that Cassell is in our conference (Fish has had problems with him sometimes).

He (Payton) used to be our rival for christ's sake. Fish is fine, and we also have Pargo. What I would like to see is us get a backup for Shaq.

If we just get P.J. or Juwan I think we are set, especially with the draft picks we got.
#4...THIS ONE'S FOR CHICK!!!!!!-2003
curse of Chick Hearn still lives
Magic#32

Postby crucifido on Fri Jun 27, 2003 5:13 pm

Once again gary is a free agent. It's not like we must trade to get him. we can trade to free up more cap space but if we stand pat we can still sign him.
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Fri Jun 27, 2003 5:23 pm

he is a FREE AGENT but our only offer for PAYTON is our MLE(4.5 mill).....
The BUCKS can offer him 8 to 10 million a year!!!! So once JORDAN presents this offer to PAYTON that deal is pretty much the BALL GAME.
WE are already over the salary cap and we are restricted to only our MLE. Unless MITCH decides to do some wholesale house keeping..trade everyone except KOBE and SHAQ and our rookies... we don't have anything to offer these free agents but a promise.
We can do trades with teams... but do you think MJ will take FISHER over PAYTON?.... MJ is NOT DUMB
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Laker brain on Fri Jun 27, 2003 5:38 pm

It's not up to MJ, Payton is Free, he can force a trade or just leave, and if he leaves the bucks don't get anything for him. I'd rather get Horry and Fisher than let GP go without nothing
Laker brain

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Fri Jun 27, 2003 5:44 pm

your telling you would walk away from 10 to 11 million DOLLARS?.....
I don't think PAYTON is that kind of player... unlike FOX. PAYTON will
sign the BUCKS at 9 million. We can do a trade then... but.. MJ is not going to trade with us. and FOR WHO... FISHER?.... MJ is going to go another direction.

Think about it.. IF YOU WERE MJ... would you trade for FISHER?... and to trade your BEST PLAYER for FISHER??..... theres plenty of other teams who would offer a whole lot more.

The only way they accept is if we include COOK/George/Fisher/Pargo.... I doubt they would take HORRY he is old and would want 5 million a year.
I WOULD NOT TRADE FOR PAYTON if it means we LOSE this much.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Leeds on Fri Jun 27, 2003 5:55 pm

There is no way for the Bucks to resign Payton,even with Cassell on his way to Minnesota.
I don't think the Bucks' owner would want to pay the luxury tax,n keep this in mind guys :
Thomas $11.825.000
Kukoc $9.594.364
Caffey $5.867.500
A.Mason $5.445.600
J.Smith $5.445.600
Przybilla $2.373.309
Haislip $1.547.280
Mason $1.898.312

Plus:
Peeler (if they choose to retain him:$3.723.124)
Redd,FA,i'm pretty sure they wanna resign him
Gadzuric,FA
Murray,FA
Sampson,FA

That makes $43.816.965,over the salary cap

I keep on thinking Payton won't be playing in Milwaukee next season.
That doesn't mean he will play for us
Leeds

problem solved

Postby guest man on Fri Jun 27, 2003 7:20 pm

i'm kinda hoping we get keon clark(shot blocker) and antonio daniels(6-4 good size, takes it to the hole strong) that way we get a more athletic and better on D.....
guest man

Postby Guest on Fri Jun 27, 2003 7:25 pm

[/quote]MJ is NOT DUMB[/quote]

MJ is not dumb, we know this. So he wouldnt let Payton just sign with the Lakers without getting anything in return. At least if we trade Fisher the Bucks would get a servicable player in return instrad of nothing.

Postby Lakerqueen on Fri Jun 27, 2003 11:49 pm

LakersGyrl2003 wrote:Which means that we might get GP, cuz Cassell's gone, and GP said that if he leaves then he's outta there too... GP is gonna be with us cuz he wants tha ring, and now I know we're top on his list. :jam2:

You know, I'm not sure if GP is really coming our way... I mean, why do you think the Bucks got rid of Cassell? They need a PG now, and they're not going to use Ford as the starting PG. I think they did this trade to clear some room so they could afford Payton.... and Payton has also been talking about staying in Milwaukee now
Lakerqueen

Postby Coppertop on Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:17 am

MJ HAS NOT TAKEN OVER ANYTHING YET! Before he can do anything, a sale must be approved by the League and the Owners. MJ has nothing to do with any decision making. Technically, they are not even allowed to talk with Payton about contract situations, so I doubt they got the whole thing figured out. More than likely the Cassell trade is a clearing house deal for any potential trade. The lower the salary of the players, the easier it is to make the sale. Also, remember the Lakers could sign Payton for a mult-year contract, and he'd be making a heck of a lot more than 4.6 mil at the end of it.
Coppertop

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:42 am

But GP is a free agent. They don't have a choice to where GP wants to end up at. But he did say that if Cassell leaves, then he knows he'll follow in his footsteps.. GP will be a fool if he stays with the Bucks for the money, cuz while he's still athletic he can work for a championship with the Lakers. He wants to be in a team where there's a dominant big man, and that's here in LA. Money can't buy a championship, and he knows that cuz he hasn't got one yet.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby FirstLady on Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:04 pm

I'm actually more excited about the FA signing date than I was about the draft. I can't wait!
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:20 pm

As am I FirstLady. That's what I was telling the people I was with during the draft. Im more excited about the F.A. signing's than the draft itself...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby OG on Sat Jun 28, 2003 3:33 pm

The bucks just drafted them a nice new little point guard on MJ's request and yes the Bucks are about to rebuild. Gary will not resign with the bucks and i am 100% certain he will sighn with us and if im wrong, ill leave the Message board to never return again. besides, we wont know anythink on july 1st as all we will get in regards to official statements is, "well, things are to premature to discuss" and we will get all sorts of wild accuzations in regards to unnofficial statements but the only statement ill be looking for are the ones done "off the record" as they usualy hold the most truth. another words what the players involved actualy say themselves. dont count on any real statements being made for atleast 2 weeks.
Quoting Shaq on one of his spontainious freestyles durring practices:

"I stay paid niggaaa, I live laid niggaaa, I've been rappen ever since the third grade niggaaa".
OG

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sat Jun 28, 2003 4:10 pm

OG wrote:The bucks just drafted them a nice new little point guard on MJ's request and yes the Bucks are about to rebuild. Gary will not resign with the bucks and i am 100% certain he will sighn with us and if im wrong, ill leave the Message board to never return again. besides, we wont know anythink on july 1st as all we will get in regards to official statements is, "well, things are to premature to discuss" and we will get all sorts of wild accuzations in regards to unnofficial statements but the only statement ill be looking for are the ones done "off the record" as they usualy hold the most truth. another words what the players involved actualy say themselves. dont count on any real statements being made for atleast 2 weeks.

WHOA.... bold statement.. do you inside sources or something..however.....I'll take you up on that offer... whats your IP just in case you decide to sign in as a GUEST.... LOL....
If GP signs I'll eat my words but if he doesn't... have fun in another board.....hehehe
#1_Kobe_fan

Return to Lakers Discussion