My GM Cap is Back On!

My GM Cap is Back On!

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri May 16, 2003 3:50 pm

First move, Dump Mark Madsen, Samaki Walker, Brian Shaw, Robert Horry, Janerro Pargo and Rick Fox (until he has recovered from his injury and proves he is at least in as good shape as this season). That leaves us with the following roster:

PG: Derek Fisher / (vacant)
SG: Kobe Bryant / Kareem Rush / (vacant)
SF: Devean George / (vacant)
PF: Stanislav Medvedenko / (vacant) / (vacant)
C: Shaquille O'neal / (vacant)

Then I would sign Karl Malone, PJ Brown, Gary Payton, Ira Newble, Darvin Ham and Keon Clark regardless of how much we pay for them. That would give us this roster:

PG: Gary Payton / Derek Fisher
SG: Kobe Bryant / Ira Newble / Kareem Rush
SF: Devean George / Darvin Ham
PF: Karl Malone / Stanislav Medvedenko / PJ Brown
C: Shaquille O'neal / Keon Clark

Then, Finally, I would draft a young project @ SF, and PF. Then we have a roster that is so versatile. We have Newble, Ham, Kobe and Devean to play SF or SG (along with Rush @ SG) Keon to play PF and C, three good PFs and a great back court. This is my IDEAL roster and I don't expect us to sign all those guys but they are all available and would make us virtually unstoppable!
Snakell Beast

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri May 16, 2003 3:58 pm

Interesting!!! It seems very good! Kinda too hard to believe, but I'd come to accept anything and anyone that comes our way..
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri May 16, 2003 5:43 pm

Well, that WAS a BEST CASE SCENARIO type deal...
Snakell Beast

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri May 16, 2003 6:14 pm

Anybody know if there is an upcoming great shooter from Europe in this draft. The Lakers need a shooter, and it seems like you have to be from Europe these days to be a consistent outside shooter.

I hate to admit it, but a Peja would be nice.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri May 16, 2003 8:28 pm

Well, we should just get Piatkowski from the Clips. He is a good enough shooter and we can play Kobe @ SF when we play Eric, and use Slava for a highly OFFENSIVE unit.
Snakell Beast

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri May 16, 2003 9:55 pm

LOL... I was just about to mention him Snakell... I wrote my new article (should be up tommorow) and I mentioned Piatkowski for just this. He should get picked up by the Lakers, it would be a great pickup!!!
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri May 16, 2003 9:57 pm

He's like the whitebread less talented pedja. He would be perfect to spread the defense and in combination with Malone or Slava (an offensively talented PF) would make defending us very difficult...
Snakell Beast

Postby Lakers4PEAT on Sat May 17, 2003 12:53 am

Realisticly no way we are signing all the free agents you have listed above. Malone is a great player however is too old, we need to grab younger PF's like Juwan Howard, P.J Brown, or Keon Clark. Rick Fox will be back with us next year, he won't be cut...and he will be a much improved player, don't count him out so easily.
Wurdizzlez!
Lakers4PEAT

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat May 17, 2003 9:18 am

Realistically, we can sign about 3 free agents, and get a trade somewhere, or pick up someone else.

Plus, it all depends on how much they care about money. Especially with the Lakers loosing, more people will come to this team for less money. They know being with the 2 best players in the Leauge, they have a good shot at contending to get that ring!
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Re: My GM Cap is Back On!

Postby shaqass on Sat May 17, 2003 10:26 am

[quote="Snakell Beast"]First move, Dump Mark Madsen, Samaki Walker, Brian Shaw, Robert Horry, Janerro Pargo and Rick Fox (until he has recovered from his injury and proves he is at least in as good shape as this season). That leaves us with the following roster:

PG: Derek Fisher / (vacant)
SG: Kobe Bryant / Kareem Rush / (vacant)

Then I would sign Karl Malone, PJ Brown, Gary Payton, Ira Newble, Darvin Ham and Keon Clark regardless of how much we pay for them. That would give us this roster:

SF: Devean George /em Rush / (vacant)

SF: Devean George /em Rush / (vacant)

quote]

I sign for it right away! With this team season 2003-2004 is over before it begins.... Mitch, Dr.B pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase make our dreams come true!!!!
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat May 17, 2003 4:17 pm

Yeah, [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] THE LT...SIGN EVERYONE (HOWARD IN PLACE OF MALONE AND TERRY IN PLACE OF PAYTON) ON HERE AND LOCK THE TROPHY UP FOR THE NEXT DECADE!
Snakell Beast

Return to Lakers Discussion