28%
2) Nay
40%
3) Not only no but hell no
31%

Total votes : 70

Re: Carmelo Anthony: Yah or nay?

Postby TIME on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:35 am

Woj says Melo prefers the Bulls situation over the Lakers.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/if-c ... lls-012514
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Re: Carmelo Anthony: prefers Bulls over Lakers - Woj (6)

Postby revgen on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:40 am

No surprise. He and D'Antoni never got along in New York.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Re: Carmelo Anthony: Yah or nay?

Postby LakersN4 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:44 am

TIME wrote:Woj says Melo prefers the Bulls situation over the Lakers.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/if-c ... lls-012514

The Bulls could renounce the rights to Hinrich, Nazr, & Shengila then amnesty Boozer & still only have 11M to offer Melo.. Rare to say this about Woj but that's wild speculation. I do however think that we'd have a tough time signing Melo unless Kobe comes back this season & shows that he can still play at an elite level.. If he does that & Rose doesn't suit up again this season we should have a much better chance at Melo.
LakersN4

Postby MC on Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:15 am

Perfect.... now only if we can get MDA to want out and to prefer the vacant Bulls coaching job cause Tibbs is on his way to LA...... I know, I know....big time wishful thinking lol

I still am floored that anybody would want Carmelo on the Lakers........ Carmelo and MDA didn't get along in NY but in all reality they are a perfect match of stubborn my way personalities over just win personalities......
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
MC

Postby Weezy on Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:31 am

I hope the report is true, I still don't want Melo, so I hope he does want Chicago. The only real benefit I can see in getting Melo in LA would be that 'Antoni would have to be fired as there's no way Melo plays for him again, especially by choice.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:36 am

MC wrote:Perfect.... now only if we can get MDA to want out and to prefer the vacant Bulls coaching job cause Tibbs is on his way to LA...... I know, I know....big time wishful thinking lol

I still am floored that anybody would want Carmelo on the Lakers........ Carmelo and MDA didn't get along in NY but in all reality they are a perfect match of stubborn my way personalities over just win personalities......

Pringles better not be here anymore this fall ...
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby unpossibl1 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:03 am

I don't want Melo. He's a little too old to become the next face of the franchise and doesn't have it in him to lead a team to a championship. Great scorer, but the fit just isn't right. The only downside to this report is it would be another star free agent choosing to not go to the Lakers. I would much rather it be the Lakers who aren't all that interested in Melo rather than the other way around.
unpossibl1

Postby M2K on Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:31 am

Mike D'Antoni is a cancer to this team. Wrong system, no defense, turning off our best players, losing our best players in the lockroom and from the team, etc.

Pau doesn't want to play for D'Antoni, Jordan Hill has problems with D'Antoni, Carmelo Anthony hates D'Antoni, Dwight Howard couldn't wait to get way from D'Antoni.... I mean seriously.... how many signs does this Front Office need before they "get it"??!!

Hell... even Kobe doesn't want D'Antoni and his "small ball" BS!

As long as Mike D'Antoni is coach of this team... we will never get the players we want through any means but the draft... and if he is still coaching this team after their rookies contract ends... they are going to sign on with any other team other than the Lakers.
M2K

Postby Slurpee22 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:35 am

The Bulls with Rose/Melo/Noah/Butler will be atop of the EC for the next 3-5 years... of course he will choose the Bulls over the Lakers... the Lakers are in complete rebuild mode.... no one wants to be apart of the Lakers mess.
Slurpee22

Postby Manve77 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:13 am

Thanks! We don't need mElO!))))
Spartak Moscow. Lakers. Penguins. Liverpool. Lazio. Barcelona. River Plate.
Manve77

Postby halekulani on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:10 am

melo and dantoni doesn't work...we've seen it before
halekulani

Postby lotus on Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:25 am

Like D12, Melo is smart for that preference, especially if he wants to win. That being said, I don't want him here. He can do us fans that don't like MDA a favor and say he won't consider L.A. as long as we have the current coach. The more pressure to remove MDA, the better.
lotus

Postby abeer3 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:44 am

eh, disagree. like howard, he'd be missing the big picture by choosing Chicago over la. short-term middling playoff success isn't what the lakers have ever been about. but it's ok with me, as I don't think any team that signs melo is going to become an instant contender, at least not at his salary.
abeer3

Postby karacha on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:00 pm

I think it makes sense for him. Some of his defensive problems will be well hidden there, it's a good team with nice chemistry, and it's easier to play in the east and get deeper in the playoffs. Chicago is a very nice city... except that it's really windy and cold sometimes, but still... I understand why he would want to go there.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Savory Griddles on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:13 pm

One superstar in his mid 20's likely getting better, making 17 million and being coached by probably a top 3 NBA coach vs. one superstar in his mid thirties on the downhill making 23 million with Pringles at the helm. Gosh, he likes Chicago better? Who knew?
Savory Griddles

Postby showtime mamba on Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:24 pm

It seems this little glimmer of information is just a way for Melo to send the message get rid of D'Antoni and retool and make me an offer Lakers. It's negotiation to send out these messages. I would find it hard to understand Melo not going to the Bull vs us with an elite coach (certainly by reputation), a weakened east. The only cloud the Bulls have is that over the head of Derek Rose and yet with the Kobe situation we are probably in more of an era of uncertainty. I do think it is a matter of time before Carmelo bails on the Knicks though.
showtime mamba

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:13 am

62 points. Wow. Melo flexing his muscles. Still don't want him though.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby lukewaltonsdad on Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:37 am

Good...hope he enjoys Chicago. Something tells me though he stays in NY, though...being 30 and being the last MAX deal you're getting...I just can't see him leaving. If he was 3-4 years younger, I could see it; he could signed a three year extension ala Dwight and then get another Max deal when he was 30; as of now, due to age, he can't do that. I'll say it; he stays in NY because of the money.
lukewaltonsdad

Postby noobiew on Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:30 am

Great news ! no more signing superstars at the age of 30 for the Lakers
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby khmrP on Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:33 am

noobiew wrote:Great news ! no more signing superstars at the age of 30 for the Lakers

2nd that!
khmrP

Postby TIME on Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:23 am

khmrP wrote:
noobiew wrote:Great news ! no more signing superstars at the age of 30 for the Lakers

2nd that!

So if you had the opportunity to sign MJ, Kobe, Shaq, or KD at age 30 you would pass?
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:24 am

TIME wrote:
khmrP wrote:

2nd that!

So if you had the opportunity to sign MJ, Kobe, Shaq, or KD at age 30 you would pass?

no I wouldn't but mentioning those guys and Melo is kinda of stretch there.......if you can't even be .500 team in the terrible east I wouldn't want to be any part of that. Blame whoever for NY failures I dont care, cause even the lowly raptors are above .500
khmrP

Postby TIME on Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:31 am

khmrP wrote:
TIME wrote:
khmrP wrote:

2nd that!

no I wouldn't but mentioning those guys and Melo is kinda of stretch there.......

You seconded a declaration that the Lakers should never again sign any superstar at the age 30. That has nothing to do with Melo directly. My question was aimed at pointing out the absurdity of such an extreme stance.
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:33 am

TIME wrote:You seconded a declaration that the Lakers should never again sign any superstar at the age 30. That has nothing to do with Melo directly. My question was aimed at pointing out the absurdity of such an extreme stance.

this is THE MELO thread isn't it? Everything commented here is in relations to Anthony, that should be a given.
khmrP

Postby pound4pound1 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:36 am

i also prefer Melo to the Bulls over the Lakers
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion