Carmelo Anthony Free Agency Watch

Carmelo Anthony: Yah or nay?

1) Yah
20
28%
2) Nay
28
40%
3) Not only no but hell no
22
31%
 
Total votes : 70

Re: Carmelo Anthony: prefers Bulls over Lakers - Woj (6)

Postby LakersN4 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:08 pm

I think it's going to be very difficult to get decent value in free agency this offseason.. Monroe is a 15/9 big that plays below the rim & is still likely going to see near max money in a FA class like this.. Stephenson reminds me alot of a wing version of LO.. He can do alot of things but he's a 3rd-4th option on a contender, & again he probably won't get the max but something in the range of 11-12M, more than you want to be paying a guy that's going to take on that role. Both guys still have potential to grow into much more but I don't think we can afford to gamble that type of money on potential. If we want to gamble on potential, we can do it much more cheaply by keeping our lottery pick & not dealing them on draft day for a more established player. Bledsoe is another guy that is likely get paid due to a lack of better free agents, likely max or very close to it.

I think there are very few options out there where we can get good value out of signing anyone, but they are as follows: Like him or not Melo is the 1 true star in this free agency class (assuming Bron & Bosh stay put).. He has went on record stating that he was willing to take a paycut if it means competing for a championship, & if we can sell him on a plan to do that, Melo at 15-16M would be extremely great value. Despite the great season he's having, I think Lowry is another guy we might be able to get for a decent price.. The fact that the Raps had him on the trading block for pretty much the entire season & noone offered anything worth taking speaks volumes in my opinion. Lowry's camp has floated numbers out there that they will be seeking in the offseason & if anyone was interested in paying that price tag we would have likely saw him change teams at the deadline. Hopefully we could get him somewhere in the 7-8M range, which would be great value for a guy like Lowry who not only puts up stats but also plays above average defense. Deng is another guy who likely won't see the amount of money he wants this offseason.. It seems Cleveland was 1 of the few teams willing to pay his asking price but with reports of him already wanting out of there & them being on pace to miss the playoffs, it will be interesting to see how FA plays out for Deng. Another very solid 2 way player, at 10-11M he would be an outstanding value & has more of a proven track record than a guy like Stephenson, making him far less of a gamble. While on the subject of Cleveland, Hawes could be a much cheaper alternative to Monroe. He's also a 15/9 player that also isn't a very good defensive anchor, not nearly as young as Monroe but still young at 25.. However he gives very similar production to Monroe & will be highly unlikely to come anywhere near getting the max.

The Darkest of the darkhorses: Dirk! I think this could be 1 huge reason to go after Melo.. If Dirk is ever going to leave the Mavs to join another superstar I think Kobe would be the most likely, as they've always had a ton of respect for each other. Dirk has stated that he will take as big of a paycut as it takes to get back to winning titles.. Adding a player like Melo & having an otherwise solid offseason might just be enough to convince him to jump ship.
LakersN4

 
Posts: 2514
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 am

Re: Carmelo Anthony: prefers Bulls over Lakers - Woj (6)

Postby Chillbongo on Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:17 pm

Frank Dux wrote:It doesn't make any sense, and it's impossible to build a winner with a contract like that on the books in the current CBA.

Frank did you read any of the reasoning behind those accepting the contract? Your argument just sounds like it's based off of emotion and not facts. I addressed that short of getting LeBron & Melo the Lakers are not truly in a situation where they are unable to obtain free-agents that will contribute to a title-contending team. Read through my last post if you still have doubts.

It's not a matter of defending anything. What's done is done. There is are cold hard FACTS that show the Lakers can still create a contender with the current contacts on the book. Whether you choose to understand those facts is your prerogative.
User avatar
Chillbongo

 
Posts: 3241
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Carmelo Anthony: prefers Bulls over Lakers - Woj (6)

Postby Savory Griddles on Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:31 pm

Chillbongo wrote:
Savory Griddles wrote:Easy to answer the bold part, and I thought I alluded to it by saying Kobe has been paid for his work. Kobe has been paid and the reason you pay another player that money rather than Kobe is because of what the players will provide during their contract. If Kobe's worth is 13 million, isn't a player like Lance Stephenson worth 10-12 at this point in his career? Who do you think has a better chance of fully realizing their contract over the next two years? The 24 yr old entering his prime or the 36 year old coming off of a season where he played less than ten games and is recovering from two injuries?


You're still addressing why Kobe DOESN'T DESERVE his deal. I'm not arguing that. I'm asking you why one should "take a pay cut" over another. Why a Laker legend should take less money when it doesn't really inhibit our chances to put together a team. For what Kobe has done for the franchise, the message it sends to players, and the fact that it is a 2 year deal.....it all checks out to me.

Also have you heard of back loaded contracts? We can offer someone the max, and back load the contract. Example. Greg Monroe's max is 4yr/$60M. Year 1: $12M Year 2: $14M Year 3:$16M Year 4: $18M

Savory Griddles wrote:As for the LBJ/Lowry/Monroe/Kobe team - LBJ 23, Lowry 8, Monroe 12, Kobe 12 = 55 million. The cap is supposed to be around 63. Add in Nash's stretch you have another 3 million so you are at 58. Sign a couple guys for two million each then vet minimum guys to fill it out. Do you think you would have trouble getting players like what we got this year to take the vets minimum with those guys? And that team would work well together I think. But whatever. it's all moot now.


I think that's a terrible team given that 3/4 of the starters need the ball in their hands to be effective. Also Monroe is getting the max. If he takes $12 in your scenario it's only to join a team of LBJ & Kobe. Which is highly unlikely to begin with. Monroe is looking to get paid. Lowry might roll with $8M but again only to join LBJ/Kobe/Monroe. He's worth $9-10M if 40 year old Steve Nash is. Still lets say your hypothetical (yet highly unlikely) scenario pans out. The cap should be about $63M. You listed those guys together at $55. Add another $2M for Sacre & Marshall. That's $57M. Which leaves us with $6M with only 6 guys on the roster. Problematic. Nash Stretch and we're at $60M. You get the idea.

We can get vet min guys but we're not going to get Jordan Hill's, Nick Young's and Jodie Meeks. Again this scenario playing out (LBJ/Kobe/Monroe/Lowry) is highly unlikely to begin with and the big sell is LeBron. If we get LeBron people will take all kinds of pay cuts anyways just to play with Kobe & LeBron. We can still sign LeBron outright, BTW.

Savory Griddles wrote:I'm not saying Kobe/max/max. I'm saying Kobe/max/solid player(Lowry)/real good player(Monroe). I personally don't think Monroe or Stephenson will get the max. Maybe I'm wrong, but teams can't afford to give those types of contracts to anyone but legit stars. Stephenson is not a star. Monroe is certainly not a star.


If you don't think Monroe or Stephenson are max players then we can definitely sign them both. In which case we are actually in agreement. I guess you just feel like we need to have LeBron as well to win a ring. I disagree. I think Kobe/max/LO-level player is a great core if we bring back a handful of our current guys. I also think the Lakers FO knows more about the free-agent market, new CBA, back-loaded contracts, and potential interested free-agent targets than us and I believe they had a plan when they offered Kobe the contract. Yes. Kobe is getting paid a handsome sum. More than I would have expected. It makes things look difficult on paper but I think they know how to do their job better than we do.


I feel I am answering all the questions and if you really believe the bolded part, there is really nothing I can say. Like Frank Dux said above, the Miami Heat BARELY won the title last year and that was with Lebron making less than 20 million. So we pay 23 million for someone who won't produce at anywhere NEAR the level of Lebron? This isn't 1996 where we can just go out and pay Shaq 100 million because we want to. Kobe taking 10 million less is another really good player or maybe 2 good players to help Kobe. But I'm done arguing this. Every basketball analyst I've ever heard comment on this agrees with me that it is a bad contract and the only reasoning they can think of is the Laker loyalty card. Doesn't work for me. Not in today's NBA where players know this is as much of a business as the owners do and they can build their brand anywhere, really. Durant is doing just fine with endorsements in OKC. We'll agree to disagree.
User avatar
Savory Griddles

 
Posts: 9045
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:56 am
Location: AV,CA

Re: Carmelo Anthony: prefers Bulls over Lakers - Woj (6)

Postby Barnstable on Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:00 pm

Savory Griddles wrote:
Barnstable wrote:
Savory Griddles wrote:
Barnstable wrote:
Savory Griddles wrote:Kobe chose money over rings. Period. End. of. Discussion.


Lol, no not end of discussion.

This is a terrible argument. Every player in the NBA could take a pay cut to essentially give the money they would have made to another player to increase their chance at winning. Seems like people looked at Tim Duncan make a poor gamble on his contract to try to win another ring (unsuccessfully) and now this is the poor decision you wanted Kobe to make in doing business. By you guys standard, Tim Duncan chose rings over money... how's that working out for him? I'm sure he's happy with all the rings the Spurs won. He gave up 10 million+ dollars per year for nothing so far :man10:

I understand thinking with your heart, I do it all the time in regards to the Lakers, but the reality is that Kobe made the correct decision. You don't give away 10 million+ dollars for a chance at a title. That would be a dumb decision no matter how much you want it because:

A. You're not guaranteed any thing even if you do give up the money.

B. Why should you give up the money just so another player gets it? Why can't they take a pay cut too so your team can sign yet another star?

C. Who is to say you definitely won't win a title even after you take a full contract?

Let me offer a few other scenarios that are just as plausible "Player X could have" scenarios:

* An NBA player could offer to play for virtually nothing. After all if they're a great vet, they already made millions. If they really wanted to win, they could essentially give all their salary to another player.

* Embiid, Wiggins, Parker, Exum, Randle, etc... could all get together, forgo the draft, and walk on to the same team of their choice together with no NBA franchise tampering involved. Sign as walkons and try to create a dynasty. Get paid the big bucks later.

* LaBron, Durant, George, Love, Paul, and Howard, etc... could all get together, decide to retire from the game, to get out of their contracts, and rejoin the league by walking onto the team of their choice, what a year or two after retirement per the CBA? Boom! You have a super team!

All three above are ridiculous, but "could happen" if only the players wanted to win a ring bad enough.

You guys need to stop acing like your fantasy "he could have" scenario is in any way based in reality. A poor decision by Duncan is not precedent for how superstars are supposed to conduct business.


15 million would have been fair and a TON of money for a 35 year old. And I'm not saying it was a bad or dumb decision by Kobe. All I'm saying is he chose money over a legit chance at a title. Whether it's dumb or not is a personal matter as to what Kobe has decided to put more importance on. And how is it a poor decision by Duncan? He too has more money than he will spend in a lifetime. He wanted to win and that was more important to him than money, so it wasn't a dumb decision, no more so than it would have been a dumb decision to give 10 million to a charity if he found that to be more important than further padding his bank account. Did he come up short? Yep. but he's got another legit shot this year.

No one is telling Kobe to do something asinine like accept a vet minimum deal. But why be the highest paid player at a point where you are clearly not even close to the level of Durant or Lebron. It's an obvious decision of taking money over a legitimate chance to win, unless he is so delusional that he thinks he can single-handedly lead this group over Lebron.

This isn't a question over smart or dumb. I was simply stating: Kobe chose money over winning.


What you're doing in saying "Kobe chose money over winning" is spin. It's ignoring certain facts in order to present a situation in a negative light on Kobe's part. I could just as easily spin the wording of Kobe's contract signing to be "Kobe asks for no special treatment, and signs first contract offered by the Lakers". Neither quote properly represents the situation.

What Kobe did is what every other Superstar not named Duncan has done. It was normal to take a good contract offered to you. It was normal to not ask for your offer to be reduced.

If you want to blame someone, blame the FO. Yeah, I agree it looks like a bit too much, but players generally take what is offered to them if it's a good deal, so how is this Kobe's fault again?

But using your own argument.... if we don't know that Duncan made a bad gamble in signing for less and not winning a chip yet, we also don't know Kobe made a bad gamble in signing what was offered till his contract is up and we see what the FO did with the rest of the Cap money. So even under your own logic "Kobe chose money over winning" doesn't hold up.


The above is NOT a good argument. If we are talking about the gamble of winning rings and rings is the "jackpot" then Duncan made a gamble that could at least pay off. Kobe didn't really take a "gamble." He took the sure thing which is the money, and if they somehow manage to win it, that's icing on the cake. I know you are an astute basketball fan, Barns. You know Duncan took a calculated risk to win. He made it to the Finals once and I'd say has a real good chance of getting there again. Kobe didn't take a calculated risk. He took a lot of money and handcuffed the team.

It's like if they played roulette and Duncan bought 15 chips and placed them all over the board. Kobe bought one chip and placed it on Black 24. It cost Duncan more money, but he has a much better chance of winning. Could we draft a player that turns into an all-star his first or second season? Yes. We COULD. Could we sign Lebron in the offseason? Yes. We COULD. But you and I both know they are unlikely scenarios.

You are technically correct. We don't "KNOW" if one was a good gamble and one was a bad one (if you base knowing on ultimate outcome and not at the standard deviation at the time of the actual gamble). We won't know until they are both retired. But we do know who has far, far better odds, because he paid to have better odds. We know who has far worse odds because he wasn't willing to pay for those odds.


Your argument here is focused solely on winning a title being the only goal that should be in consideration in either Kobe or Duncan's thought process, as if losing millions of dollars is not important. It's not important for you, a fan looking at it from the outside, where you have an emotional stake in a championship, but no emotional stake in the player getting paid. But I'm sure to Tim Duncan, 10 mill is still 10 mill. To Kobe, losing 10 mill would still be losing 10 mill. If Duncan loses that money, he made a bad gamble. There are no degrees of loss because he did it for what's a noble reason in your mind. He still gambled and failed! Duncan just made that gamble YOU as a fan wanted him to make because YOU as a fan of the NBA have a stake in the decision. Doesn't mean it was better for anyone but the fans, and I'm sure you're "adda boy Tim! Thanks for giving it a go!" will comfort him if he ends his career 10 million dollars poorer with no more rings.

But again, this is not the crux of my argument. My argument is that Kobe did exactly what every other NBA Super Star has done other than Duncan in taking a good contract offered to him. If you're going to blame Kobe, why don't you blame almost every single player in the NBA for not offering to take a reduced contract? If Kobe chose money over winning, then virtually every NBA player in history chose money over winning.

You're blaming the wrong person if you don't like the amount of the contract, look at the FO and no one else.
"league getting mitch-slapped"
User avatar
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 14306
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:01 pm
Location: Queens NY

Re: Carmelo Anthony: prefers Bulls over Lakers - Woj (6)

Postby Chillbongo on Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:14 pm

Savory I think you just proved my point.

The Heat had 3 max level players who took below the max to play together. They had a bench squad that took the vet min and were worth more. And still BARELY won the title. Maybe just maybe that isn't the formula to success. Maybe having a generational player like LeBron got them over the edge. Maybe a poor substitution and and a clutch 3 by one of the most clutch shooters in history made a difference.

If Kobe is even remotely what he was in 2012-13, I wouldn't say that "he doesn't produce anywhere near the level of LeBron". Defensively you have a point but one persons's defensive decline does not warrant an additional $10M pay cut nor inhibit a championship.

I don't care what basketball analysts say. Basketball analysts are paid to make headlines. The same ones said we were a lock for the Finals last year. Well before Kobe's injury and even Nash's, we were FAR from that.

I don't know how long you've been a Laker fan but see the 2000-02 championship run. We had 2 max guys and role players that collectively played far more than their salary worth. I already agreed that the Lakers paid Kobe more than I would have but by the same token I see the facts and it is damn well still possible to put together a contender. In 2009 we had Kobe/Pau/Lamar and a guy on his rookie deal ~ $2M. It might not be easy but if it doesn't work for you I think you're refusing to believe that there's a way to make this work.
User avatar
Chillbongo

 
Posts: 3241
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Carmelo Anthony: prefers Bulls over Lakers - Woj (6)

Postby LAKEROC on Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:10 pm

Kevin Durant ....YES

Kevin Love....YES


Carmello Anthony....HELL NO!!! Please stay away from our organization you cancer!!!
LAKEROC

 
Posts: 2187
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:49 pm

Re: Carmelo Anthony: prefers Bulls over Lakers - Woj (6)

Postby Rooscooter on Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:10 pm

Barnstable wrote:My argument is that Kobe did exactly what every other NBA Super Star has done other than Duncan in taking a good contract offered to him. If you're going to blame Kobe, why don't you blame almost every single player in the NBA for not offering to take a reduced contract? If Kobe chose money over winning, then virtually every NBA player in history chose money over winning.


I see it this way for the most part. Where I differ is that I'm not sure we're a 6 or 7 million contract away from contending in Kobe's time remaining. FA just isn't the same under the new CBA. I don't see us getting back to that level in the term of this contract even if it had been for 15 million. I think we're that far away and even if we have the personnel (a remote possibility) it takes a year or two to gel as a team..... So that's 3 to 4 years from this off season at the earliest.
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 23074
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Carmelo Anthony: prefers Bulls over Lakers - Woj (6)

Postby Barnstable on Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:23 pm

Rooscooter wrote:
Barnstable wrote:My argument is that Kobe did exactly what every other NBA Super Star has done other than Duncan in taking a good contract offered to him. If you're going to blame Kobe, why don't you blame almost every single player in the NBA for not offering to take a reduced contract? If Kobe chose money over winning, then virtually every NBA player in history chose money over winning.


I see it this way for the most part. Where I differ is that I'm not sure we're a 6 or 7 million contract away from contending in Kobe's time remaining. FA just isn't the same under the new CBA. I don't see us getting back to that level in the term of this contract even if it had been for 15 million. I think we're that far away and even if we have the personnel (a remote possibility) it takes a year or two to gel as a team..... So that's 3 to 4 years from this off season at the earliest.


I agree with you as well. I don't expect to win another championship for a good 3-4 years at least.

I wish it was faster, but I doubt it would happen even if Kobe took a pay cut.
"league getting mitch-slapped"
User avatar
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 14306
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:01 pm
Location: Queens NY

Re: Carmelo Anthony: prefers Bulls over Lakers - Woj (6)

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:30 am

Per Berman @ NY Post
Could Carmelo Anthony rocket off to Houston?

According to a league source, the Rockets will make a bid for Anthony this summer, even though they probably won’t have cap space and would have to orchestrate a creative sign-and-trade. The source said Houston asked the Knicks about Anthony before February’s trade deadline.

The Knicks have held discussions with the Rockets about power forward Omer Asik. Even though Rockets president Daryl Morey is the pioneer of advanced statistics and Anthony has never fared well in some efficiency categories, Morey’s old-school instincts believe he could form a terrific Big 3 with Dwight Howard and James Harden. Rockets management also believes Anthony has made advancements in the grit department the past two seasons.

The only way the Rockets can get under the cap is by dealing the expiring contracts of Jeremy Lin, who is entering the poison-pill year of $15 million, and Asik, also scheduled to make $15 million.

But even if the Rockets don’t, a desperate Knicks team could take on Lin or Asik and draft picks if Phil Jackson doesn’t believe in building around Anthony. The Knicks still would be set for 2015’s free agency and Lin wold be a drawing card during a season the Knicks may want to tank and fall into the lottery.

Howard has been most outspoken in encouraging Anthony to consider smaller markets than New York, just like Howard did in eschewing Los Angeles. Plus, Anthony said he’s willing to take “a pay cut’’ — which would be less severe in Houston. There are no state income taxes in Texas.

Howard told USA Today last month the Big Apple is only good for a player’s brand if the team is winning.
“If you don’t win, you’re not going to get all the [off-court] stuff you want anyway,” Howard said. “I saw that last year [in Los Angeles]. I was in the biggest market for the NBA, and we lost, so those [companies] aren’t going to be coming to you for losing.

“When I was in Orlando, a small market, and we were winning. I was very popular with a lot of different deals on the table. So it’s more so about winning, and you’ve got to put yourself in a position to where you’re winning basketball games and you’re having fun doing it. Losing is not fun, and Melo wants to win.”

The Lakers, Clippers and Bulls are other potential destinations for Anthony, who said his “first priority’’ is to remain a Knick if he likes their future blueprint.


What is up with Morey and snagging up our potential FA targets?
Image
User avatar
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 13008
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:38 am
Location: Anywhere Purple & Gold

Re: Carmelo Anthony: prefers Bulls over Lakers - Woj (6)

Postby therealdeal on Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:33 am

Eh. Morey is good, but I don't think he'll be able to pull that off. Heck he couldn't part from Parsons to get Rondo at the deadline.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Carmelo Anthony: prefers Bulls over Lakers - Woj (6)

Postby XXIV on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:17 am

Even if they do move Lin and Asik they would have some incoming salary coming back. I still don't see how they can free up enough cap to sign Melo.
XXIV

 
Posts: 6386
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Carmelo Anthony: prefers Bulls over Lakers - Woj (6)

Postby Weezy on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:18 am

Melo and Harden trying to share one ball? Yeah good luck with that. Whatever though, as long as he doesn't come here.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50866
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Carmelo Anthony: prefers Bulls over Lakers - Woj (6)

Postby pound4pound1 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:35 am

Weezy wrote:Melo and Harden trying to share one ball? Yeah good luck with that. Whatever though, as long as he doesn't come here.



i wanna see how much fun Dwight has with 4 touches a night
.
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
User avatar
pound4pound1

 
Posts: 6345
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:47 am
Location: 818 LAKER NATION

Re: Carmelo Anthony: prefers Bulls over Lakers - Woj (6)

Postby Savory Griddles on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:38 am

pound4pound1 wrote:
Weezy wrote:Melo and Harden trying to share one ball? Yeah good luck with that. Whatever though, as long as he doesn't come here.



i wanna see how much fun Dwight has with 4 touches a night


This. :man10:
User avatar
Savory Griddles

 
Posts: 9045
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:56 am
Location: AV,CA

Re: Carmelo Anthony: prefers Bulls over Lakers - Woj (6)

Postby Chillbongo on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:55 am

Savory Griddles wrote:
pound4pound1 wrote:
Weezy wrote:Melo and Harden trying to share one ball? Yeah good luck with that. Whatever though, as long as he doesn't come here.



i wanna see how much fun Dwight has with 4 touches a night


This. :man10:

That would be too funny. :man11:
User avatar
Chillbongo

 
Posts: 3241
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Carmelo Anthony: prefers Bulls over Lakers - Woj (6)

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:59 am

Weezy wrote:Melo and Harden trying to share one ball? Yeah good luck with that. Whatever though, as long as he doesn't come here.

I agree, but I would prefer Melo stay in the East. We don't need Western conference teams getting better we need the eastern conference teams besides IND and MIA to continue to get better.
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11701
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Carmelo Anthony: prefers Bulls over Lakers - Woj (6)

Postby therealdeal on Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:50 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:
Weezy wrote:Melo and Harden trying to share one ball? Yeah good luck with that. Whatever though, as long as he doesn't come here.



i wanna see how much fun Dwight has with 4 touches a night

My fantasy team doesn't. :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Carmelo Anthony Free Agency Watch

Postby charvin on Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:24 pm

Good luck with him getting any touches. Go get him Houston!
charvin

 
Posts: 540
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:53 pm

Re: Carmelo Anthony Free Agency Watch

Postby Alleyhoops on Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:21 am

And now it would not surprise me if Jim offers Carmelo as close to a max deal as possible in an absurd effort to keep Jackson from successfully keeping Anthony in the Knicks' fold.
Image
User avatar
Alleyhoops

 
Posts: 4294
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:08 pm
Location: Culver City California

Re: Carmelo Anthony Free Agency Watch

Postby kenzo on Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:45 am

^ Naw. I think Phil to NY will save us from the Melo mistake. Good job Jeanie :bow:... :man9:
User avatar
kenzo

 
Posts: 5970
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:06 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Carmelo Anthony Free Agency Watch

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:17 am

Melo should go to Chicago ... that's the obvious choice for him B-Ball wise ... if you add a reliable scorer to the Bulls strong team D , they can contend in the East .

Overall any big name who currently plays in the Leastern would be crazy to go West ... this conference is and is going to be stacked for years ...

Houston ? It would be a disaster with their chucking threes/iso down the stretch offense ... AND little principles on D
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6420
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Carmelo Anthony Free Agency Watch

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:58 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:Melo should go to Chicago ... that's the obvious choice for him B-Ball wise ... if you add a reliable scorer to the Bulls strong team D , they can contend in the East .

Overall any big name who currently plays in the Leastern would be crazy to go West ... this conference is and is going to be stacked for years ...

Houston ? It would be a disaster with their chucking threes/iso down the stretch offense ... AND little principles on D

exactly. I know the bulls will have to do a lot of work to clear some CAP, but they can do it and it is by far the best chance for him to win right away. However, I do think that with Phil coming NY just locked Melo up even though he will still test free agency.
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11701
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Carmelo Anthony Free Agency Watch

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:20 pm

Phil will just "Jedi" him. Carmelo won't be able to resist his power….. :man10:
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6484
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Carmelo Anthony Free Agency Watch

Postby Rooscooter on Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:03 pm

kenzo wrote:^ Naw. I think Phil to NY will save us from the Melo mistake. Good job Jeanie :bow:... :man9:


Wow……. :man4: ….. this x
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 23074
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Carmelo Anthony Free Agency Watch

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:49 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:Phil will just "Jedi" him. Carmelo won't be able to resist his power….. :man10:

This is true :man12: :man10:
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11701
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.