Champagne in my fridge

Re: Champagne in my fridge

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:22 am

V1n5anity wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:Texas Lakers fan doesn't approve this thread

Past history doesn't mean anything for right now.........OKC is the clear favorite based on past history. :man10:

I found that bit hilarious. I was the first to call him on that but he never replied haha. KeepBynum is an entertainer.

That's one way to put it.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby 24K GOLD on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:30 am

I have a 6-pack that's not going to be opened until we hoist that LOB.

Champagne? Pssh, too bourgeoisie.

:man12: :man10:
I'm joining the communist now.. I don't like World peace...

24K GOLD

Postby Juronimo on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:42 am

LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:You know the saying, don't count your chickens before they hatch! I hate when people make predictions about something that is based on stats. I'm a Laker fan as much as anyone but we have no idea how this team is going play or what's going to happen in the course of an 82 game season. Just because we have great players it doesn't mean they are going to fit perfectly, in fact more often than not a lot of great players in one team is a formula for failure. I just don't like put myself in that predicament.

I feel you, I remember how the 2004 season ended up. I'll feel a lot better about things if Dwight is able to regain his pre injury form. For now I'm on a wait and see mode until the season starts.
RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

Postby pound4pound1 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:52 am

i'm as big a homer as anyone but this thread makes me uneasy
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby blakeruns on Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:38 am

lakerfan2 wrote:Making plans to attend the championship game. I'm 2-0 in Championship clinching games at Staples (2010 Game 7 Lakers, 2012 Game 6 LA Kings).

:jam2:

damn. i went to games 3 and 4 this year for the Kings. so bummed they didn't pull off the sweep. i'd love to hear some about how crazy game 6 was. especially since they nearly locked it up so soon into the game.
keepin it fresh eight days a week
blakeruns
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:46 am

blakeruns wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:Making plans to attend the championship game. I'm 2-0 in Championship clinching games at Staples (2010 Game 7 Lakers, 2012 Game 6 LA Kings).

damn. i went to games 3 and 4 this year for the Kings. so bummed they didn't pull off the sweep. i'd love to hear some about how crazy game 6 was. especially since they nearly locked it up so soon into the game.

I couldn't even compare how loud the Kings game was compared to Lakers vs Boston. I could tell there were true Kings fans there, and not fans who were "there to be there". The first goal set the tone. It was loud, but no one ready to celebrate. The second came quick and caught everyone off guard, and it got as loud as a Lakers in crunch time game....and then the third goal. Disbelief, everyone just knew the cup was ours. Being the first championship for the Kings and their fans was just pure joy. Everyone was just buzzing in the crowds more than it being loud. "We GOT the cup!, We GOT the cup!" the crowd chanted. Oh, it was utter brilliance. So lucky I got the opportunity to go. I was hoping to pick up tickets off craigslist or something that day for me and my brother, then my VP at my office calls me in and hands me tickets to our company suite for working extra hard on a weekend. Nonetheless, absolutely amazing.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Forklift on Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:47 pm

lakerswiz wrote:
pound4pound1 wrote:i'm as big a homer as anyone but this thread makes me uneasy

Me too. I'm way too much of a 'one game at a time' kind of guy to already have my championship plans in place.

last time i knew for sure we were going to win was 2008 when we lost to Boston..... i'm never doing it again :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
Forklift

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:18 pm

The group hasn't played one game yet. Nash is 38, Gasol is 32 and declining, Kobe is on his last legs and Artest is one of the worst starting 3s in the game with no athleticism. Only Howard is a dominant force and you are sure we will win? LOL.

Do i feel that we can compete with the best in the NBA? Of course. am i confident we are going to win it all? Of couse not. Not when there is OKC and MIA out there. We'll see what happens but i hate getting overconfident. I always expect less and hope for the best.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:49 pm

Lets Go Lakers wrote:The group hasn't played one game yet. Nash is 38, Gasol is 32 and declining, Kobe is on his last legs and Artest is one of the worst starting 3s in the game with no athleticism. Only Howard is a dominant force and you are sure we will win? LOL.

Do i feel that we can compete with the best in the NBA? Of course. am i confident we are going to win it all? Of couse not. Not when there is OKC and MIA out there. We'll see what happens but i hate getting overconfident. I always expect less and hope for the best.

You hate getting over confident, so you sell the team extremely short? See bolded

Then you go on to say we can compete with the best in the NBA? :man3:

From one extreme to the other.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby XXIV on Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:51 pm

Lets Go Lakers wrote:The group hasn't played one game yet. Nash is 38, Gasol is 32 and declining, Kobe is on his last legs and Artest is one of the worst starting 3s in the game with no athleticism. Only Howard is a dominant force and you are sure we will win? LOL.

You're overrating the negatives of this team. Nash had a fantastic season and once again proved himself to be one of the best point guards in the game, with Nash and a more proven consistent defender in Howard most expect Gasol's game to be rejuvenated, Kobe won't have to handle the ball as much and thus can perform better defensively, and if Artest shows up in shape he's no where near the worst starting 3 in the league.
XXIV

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:03 pm

Call me overconfident if you want. I don't care. I'm confident because I know basketball.

A brilliant shooter and playmaker next to Kobe? The pick-and-roll master next to Kobe? The best big in the game with Kobe? A true bench scorer? Big man depth off the bench? A 40% sniper off the bench looking to get paid?

The pieces are there. I'm not a homer. This is just a brilliantly designed team.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby therealdeal on Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:16 pm

XXIV wrote:

You're overrating the negatives of this team. Nash had a fantastic season and once again proved himself to be one of the best point guards in the game, with Nash and a more proven consistent defender in Howard most expect Gasol's game to be rejuvenated, Kobe won't have to handle the ball as much and thus can perform better defensively, and if Artest shows up in shape he's no where near the worst starting 3 in the league.

Seriously. A 37 year old Nash: 12.5/10.7 in 31:36. A 31 year old Gasol: 17.4/10.4 with 1.4 blocks in 37:23. Kobe on his last legs: 27.9/46/5.4 in 38:30.

None of that is important. None of that is worth noting, only their age.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Dfishman on Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:20 pm

John3:16 wrote:

Seriously, I'd have given a year or two off my life to have been at Game 7.

Having been, I can tell you the year or two would have been worth it. Most fun night of my life, hands down.
Dfishman

Postby therealdeal on Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:50 pm

lakerswiz wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:

You hate getting over confident, so you sell the team extremely short? See bolded

How did he sell them short? He was perfectly honest. Age, age, decline, age, Artest. Where is he selling them short? Those are facts. And they are very relevant. Especially when trying to predict a title before they've played 1 game together.

Because it completely ignores the fact that even at that age, these players are EXTREMELY effective.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:01 pm

lakerswiz wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:

How did he sell them short? He was perfectly honest. Age, age, decline, age, Artest. Where is he selling them short? Those are facts. And they are very relevant. Especially when trying to predict a title before they've played 1 game together.

Nash is 38 - Still playing at a high level, 50/40/90, what young bucks are challenging him for that?
Gasol is 32 - Never been physical, always mental, Olympic play showed he's still has it.
Kobe last legs - 28/5/5 is not last legs, even if he is at the end of his career
Artest - Is not by any means the worst Small Forward in the league. Arguably one of the best defenders and no athleticism? At the end of the season he was throwing it down and making plays. Has put in nothing but work this offseason.

Add in the fact that we have D12, a bench, are legit 8 deep, 9 if you count Blake and we are one of the best teams in the league.

Those are facts as well, no? And if what he says are facts, how can he turnaround and say with an old Kobe/Nash/Pau, the worst small forward in the league with no athleticism, we can compete with Mia?

He even said it himself, he always expects less, which I took as selling the team short.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Finwë on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:14 pm

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:Call me overconfident if you want. I don't care. I'm confident because I know basketball.

A brilliant shooter and playmaker next to Kobe? The pick-and-roll master next to Kobe? The best big in the game with Kobe? A true bench scorer? Big man depth off the bench? A 40% sniper off the bench looking to get paid?

The pieces are there. I'm not a homer. This is just a brilliantly designed team.

CL's voice of reason.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby DarthRekal on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:17 pm

im one of the biggest pessimist on this board.. but DAMN.. i fully expect a BANNER this year :jam2:
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em

DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby John3:16 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:36 pm

DarthRekal wrote:im one of the biggest pessimist on this board.. but DAMN.. i fully expect a BANNER this year :jam2:

I'm gonna drive through Colorado, swoop you up, and we're gonna meet up with KobeBryant8 and drink his champagne.
John3:16

Postby DarthRekal on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:40 pm

DarthRekal wrote:im one of the biggest pessimist on this board.. but DAMN.. i fully expect a BANNER this year :jam2:

I'm gonna drive through Colorado, swoop you up, and we're gonna meet up with KobeBryant8 and drink his champagne.

thats whatsup LOL :jam2:

DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:38 pm

I am very confident in this team, I EXPECT a banner, but not all is given...

NASH
KOBE
METTA
PAU
HOWARD

DAMN!

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:42 am

I think it's ridiculous to crown anyone champion even before the season has started. That's blind arrogance.

I'll just be confident in the belief that this team is going to contend for a title but i won't be shocked or utterly devastated if they don't get it done. Not when you consider the age factor for this team.

All fans can really do is cheer for their team. They have no impact on the outcome of the season. The best team will win it 95% of the time. We shall see.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby pound4pound1 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:41 am

in Darth's car

Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Weezy on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:58 am

I don't want to bring down the thread or anything, but if I'm honest, I'm not quite as confident as most. I would bet money we're going to be in the WCF this season based on our talent on paper alone, I'm already genuinely expecting it, Beyond that though, I need to see us play some games together with our full starting 5 healthy before I can make up my mind as to whether we have the 'it' factor, that we have that thing it takes to win it all, to get by OKC and Miami.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:41 pm

honestly and I felt this same way last year that if we got by OKC then we'd win it all because I felt that OKC was a tougher matchup for us in the playoffs then Miami would have been. I think the way goes for this upcoming year.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby DarthRekal on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:43 pm

Weezy wrote:I don't want to bring down the thread or anything, but if I'm honest, I'm not quite as confident as most. I would bet money we're going to be in the WCF this season based on our talent on paper alone, I'm already genuinely expecting it, Beyond that though, I need to see us play some games together with our full starting 5 healthy before I can make up my mind as to whether we have the 'it' factor, that we have that thing it takes to win it all, to get by OKC and Miami.

the hunger in Nash's eyes.. the giddyness in D12's face... was MORE than enough for me... bball is a game of emotions... the despair of Kobes last remaining seasons.. should add another factor... these guys are HUNGRY... NAY... ANGRY!!!... out for vengeance especially at Joseph Sternlin :mad1:

DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion