Champagne in my fridge

Champagne in my fridge

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:00 pm

The date: August 10th. The Dwight Howard trade is official. I tweet out...

Literally buying a bottle of champagne today. Taste you in June! #D12LA

It's a true story. In my fridge there is a bottle of champagne that will remain until June. Last time I did that? 2010. I bought it soon after we won the 2009 title. I just knew.

I ask you all, how confident are you? I mean, HOW confident are you? I have two individual $100 bets on the Lakers. One with a HEAT fan, one with a Celtics fan. I put my money where my mouth is. This is how it goes down. Kobe gets #6, we usher in a new era with Dwight at the helm. It's just the way the cookie crumbles.

And we know cookies, don't we?

Image
Image

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
User avatar
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason
 
Posts: 21902
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:21 pm

Re: Champagne in my fridge

Postby John3:16 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:03 pm

Already making plans to fly to LA for the parade.
Image
User avatar
John3:16
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31874
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:23 am
Location: Anywhere but LD after a loss.

Re: Champagne in my fridge

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:07 pm

John3:16 wrote:Already making plans to fly to LA for the parade.


Good lawd. I'll be graduating grad school in May. My parents already told me they'll send me on vacation as a gift.

For some reason that never clicked. I'd love that.
Image

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
User avatar
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason
 
Posts: 21902
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:21 pm

Re: Champagne in my fridge

Postby 432J on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:11 pm

i'm pretty confident but i'm not banking on anything yet. 82 games is ALOT and you really never know what could happen in terms of injuries, chemistry, etc.

i went to the 2009 parade and it was honestly some of the most fun i had ever had
Image
User avatar
432J

 
Posts: 4797
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:54 pm
Location: Sherbrooke, Quebec

Re: Champagne in my fridge

Postby jimbo327 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:15 pm

I already drank my champagne.
Soylent Green is People!
User avatar
jimbo327

 
Posts: 14917
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:56 pm
Location: Where Else?

Re: Champagne in my fridge

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:17 pm

jimbo327 wrote:I already drank my champagne.


My man. :jam2:
Image

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
User avatar
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason
 
Posts: 21902
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:21 pm

Re: Champagne in my fridge

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:21 pm

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:The date: August 10th. The Dwight Howard trade is official. I tweet out...

Literally buying a bottle of champagne today. Taste you in June! #D12LA

It's a true story. In my fridge there is a bottle of champagne that will remain until June. Last time I did that? 2010. I bought it soon after we won the 2009 title. I just knew.

I ask you all, how confident are you? I mean, HOW confident are you? I have two individual $100 bets on the Lakers. One with a HEAT fan, one with a Celtics fan. I put my money where my mouth is. This is how it goes down. Kobe gets #6, we usher in a new era with Dwight at the helm. It's just the way the cookie crumbles.

And we know cookies, don't we?

Image


Jim and Jerry Buss like your style and appreciation for the moves they made. All in baby. Balls!!
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6486
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Champagne in my fridge

Postby Phil XI on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:35 pm

No whammy
Get 17!!
User avatar
Phil XI

 
Posts: 1680
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:23 pm
Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Re: Champagne in my fridge

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:43 pm

Making plans to attend the championship game. I'm 2-0 in Championship clinching games at Staples (2010 Game 7 Lakers, 2012 Game 6 LA Kings).

:jam2:
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9920
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: Champagne in my fridge

Postby baddmann28 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:58 pm

LOL, I've done that every year since 85. If we don't win, it stays there. I have two bottles waiting every year, and pickup two bottles of non alcoholic (grape Juice) now for the kids as well.

An here I thought I was original.
baddmann28

 
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:41 pm

Re: Champagne in my fridge

Postby John3:16 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:59 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:Making plans to attend the championship game. I'm 2-0 in Championship clinching games at Staples (2010 Game 7 Lakers, 2012 Game 6 LA Kings).

:jam2:


Seriously, I'd have given a year or two off my life to have been at Game 7.
Image
User avatar
John3:16
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31874
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:23 am
Location: Anywhere but LD after a loss.

Re: Champagne in my fridge

Postby Balance&Options24 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:43 pm

The year my bro got a chance to buy season tix!!!!!!!!!!!!= 2012-2013


I wanna see another rally like the 08-09 championship team got. That was the best from all the parades/rallies Ive seen since the 2001 Championship team.
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
User avatar
Balance&Options24

 
Posts: 1066
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: Champagne in my fridge

Postby therealdeal on Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:08 pm

I don't have the money to make 100 dollar bets. But I have a haircut bet and a clothes bet at the office. I won't get into specifics but one means taking some off the top and one means more on than I'd like.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Champagne in my fridge

Postby MadMax on Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:25 pm

therealdeal wrote:I don't have the money to make 100 dollar bets. But I have a haircut bet and a clothes bet at the office. I won't get into specifics but one means taking some off the top and one means more on than I'd like.

Kinky office you got there :man10:
User avatar
MadMax

 
Posts: 13890
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: The Beach Cities

Re: Champagne in my fridge

Postby therealdeal on Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:41 pm

MadMax wrote:
therealdeal wrote:I don't have the money to make 100 dollar bets. But I have a haircut bet and a clothes bet at the office. I won't get into specifics but one means taking some off the top and one means more on than I'd like.

Kinky office you got there :man10:

I didn't mention one of those bets is with the secretary. :man1:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Champagne in my fridge

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:00 am

Texas Lakers fan doesn't approve this thread
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6428
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Champagne in my fridge

Postby thisbjgz on Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:27 am

Love that idea,

about to start out my own tradition :jam2:
Image
User avatar
thisbjgz

 
Posts: 2435
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:03 am
Location: brooklyn, nyc !

Re: Champagne in my fridge

Postby DarthRekal on Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:29 am

John3:16 wrote:Already making plans to fly to LA for the parade.

yes we are :jam2:
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em
User avatar
DarthRekal
Cookie Monster
 
Posts: 21607
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:44 pm
Location: In The Refridgerator

Re: Champagne in my fridge

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:00 am

John3:16 wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:Making plans to attend the championship game. I'm 2-0 in Championship clinching games at Staples (2010 Game 7 Lakers, 2012 Game 6 LA Kings).

:jam2:


Seriously, I'd have given a year or two off my life to have been at Game 7.


And that I did. But no really, I wouldn't have missed that game for the world.

The history of our rivalry, the pinnacle of NBA basketball playoffs Game 7, the revenge win...was all so worth it.

This year, I want to take out Dallas (if they make it), Clippers, Thunder then Miami.
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9920
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: Champagne in my fridge

Postby LakerFan1980 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:00 am

I'm going to get my champagne and keep it chilled until we win the Championships!
WE PAY CASH FOR HOUSES
424-216-8525
User avatar
LakerFan1980

 
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:42 pm

Re: Champagne in my fridge

Postby LoyalLakerfan44 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:20 am

You know the saying, don't count your chickens before they hatch! I hate when people make predictions about something that is based on stats. I'm a Laker fan as much as anyone but we have no idea how this team is going play or what's going to happen in the course of an 82 game season. Just because we have great players it doesn't mean they are going to fit perfectly, in fact more often than not a lot of great players in one team is a formula for failure. I just don't like put myself in that predicament.
LoyalLakerfan44

 
Posts: 1295
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:44 pm

Re: Champagne in my fridge

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:31 am

LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:You know the saying, don't count your chickens before they hatch! I hate when people make predictions about something that is based on stats. I'm a Laker fan as much as anyone but we have no idea how this team is going play or what's going to happen in the course of an 82 game season. Just because we have great players it doesn't mean they are going to fit perfectly, in fact more often than not a lot of great players in one team is a formula for failure. I just don't like put myself in that predicament.


glass half empty, glass half full.
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9920
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: Champagne in my fridge

Postby therealdeal on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:18 am

LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:You know the saying, don't count your chickens before they hatch! I hate when people make predictions about something that is based on stats. I'm a Laker fan as much as anyone but we have no idea how this team is going play or what's going to happen in the course of an 82 game season. Just because we have great players it doesn't mean they are going to fit perfectly, in fact more often than not a lot of great players in one team is a formula for failure. I just don't like put myself in that predicament.

What evidence do you have that a lot of great players on one team is a formula for failure? The exact opposite is true dating back decades.

James, Wade, Bosh.
Bryant, Gasol, Odom (Bynum)
Allen, Garnett, Pierce
Duncan, Ginobili, Parker
McHale, Parish, Bird
Magic, Worthy, Kareem
West, Chamberlain, Goodrich (Baylor, Hairston)

I think those are some pretty successful teams that had a few superstars. Don't you?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Champagne in my fridge

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:12 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:Texas Lakers fan doesn't approve this thread


Past history doesn't mean anything for right now.........OKC is the clear favorite based on past history. :man10:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19457
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Champagne in my fridge

Postby v1n5anity on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:01 am

Doc Brown wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:Texas Lakers fan doesn't approve this thread


Past history doesn't mean anything for right now.........OKC is the clear favorite based on past history. :man10:


I found that bit hilarious. I was the first to call him on that but he never replied haha. KeepBynum is an entertainer.
User avatar
v1n5anity

 
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:33 pm

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 10 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.