Change of pace: how would Chick call it today...?

Change of pace: how would Chick call it today...?

Postby MusixFinest on Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:47 pm

Just over the last 24 hours, we have become a divided fan base. In hopes of changing things up around here, why don't we talk about something that I'm sure unites us all. We all love Chick and how he gave his "words-eye-view" for every game. With Mike D now running the offense (and bringing Showtime back), how do you think Chick would call it?

How about some inspiration? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSM82f3Zj_g

Hopefully, y'all can save the sarcasm for another day. :man12:
MusixFinest

Re: Change of pace: how would Chick call it today...?

Postby laker911 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:53 pm

This season is in the refrigerator! The door's closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O is jiggling
laker911

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:31 pm

I guess a Lakers fan's optimism would rely on whether or not they believe that Mike D'Antoni is a better head coach than Bernie Bickerstaff. If we look this good with Bernie, I have all the confidence in the world that we will look even better with a bonafide offensive GENUIS coaching us going forward.

Our defense will take care of itself. All Bernie has been doing is telling our guys to crash the boards and limit the other team's offensive rebounds. That philosophy can be applied to ANY team's defense, even a Mike D'Antoni team. As long as Mike is willing to let bench players like Meeks, Jamison, Hill, Blake, Morris, Ebanks, Clark (who should look good in an up-tempo offense like Mike's) and maybe even Sacre and DJO get comfortable on the floor, then we can save the wear and tear on Nash, Kobe, Gasol and MWP and have them ready and refreshed for the playoffs.

I am very eager to see how players like Morris and Johnson-Odom develop in an up-tempo offense. DJO might be able to be the guy to take the reigns from Nash in a few years. Earl Clark should become more of a weapon in this offense, mainly because he is effective as an athlete crashing to the basket. He will give us a very mobile option at the 4 with Dwight at the 5,and probably Ebanks and Nash with Kobe or Meeks as our smaller, more athletic unit. Pau can be interchangeable with Dwight, and Metta and Hill, even Jamison, can swap out as the Amare' type 4.

I am very excited. Phil Jackson is a great coach. He was the better choice IF he was fully recharged and totally opted in. Given the unknowns about how much great coaching Phil has left in him, D'Antoni might turn out to be the more prudent choice going forward. Nonetheless, I am VERY EAGER to watch this season unfold. :man11: :man12: :man13: :man1: :man4: :jam2:
The End is nigh. Time for a total Cut and Shuffle. Kobe contract was a mistake...time to avoid making more. The future is here, whether we want it to be or not. An era is over, but for the death rattle, and it's time for the cycle to begin anew. Growth and change are scary and painful, but alas...nothing worth achieving comes easily.
Snakell Beast

Postby therealdeal on Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:42 pm

MusixFinest wrote:
Hopefully, y'all can save the sarcasm for another day.

laker911 wrote:This season is in the refrigerator! The door's closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O is jiggling

:disagree:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Return to Lakers Discussion