Chris Duhon Talks With ESPN Importance of Bench

Chris Duhon Talks With ESPN Importance of Bench

Postby Kobe8Fan on Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:19 pm

Kobe8Fan

Re: Chris Duhon Talks With ESPN Importance of Bench

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:24 pm

a suit looks good on him. too bad the lakers wont cut him.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:41 pm

I'll give him the fact that he has looked like the best backup PG option we have over Blake and Morris.

Compared to the league that isn't saying much, but for this team, I think he's the best option on our roster.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Kit on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:02 pm

He looks better than Steve Blake in the preseason to me.
Kit

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:34 pm

Kit wrote:He looks better than Steve Blake in the preseason to me.

^^ Totally agree with both you and Doc Brown. I know I shouldn't be, but I'm pretty shocked that Blake has sucked so badly this offseason. His role has been pretty clear and he's running the Princeton which he ran with Eddie Jordan before. But he just looks completely useless. It's really time to move this guy. I am really bummed that he's been such a bust for us. He looked like a sure thing to be a good backup PG for us at least and maybe develop into a starter. But no way in hell. He's been incredibly inconsistent the past two years and now he's just been consistently bad. We have to get rid of him.
Lakerjones

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:53 pm

Well I think for the bench they just have to come in and not suck essentially like they did a season ago. The Lakers have an incredibly talented starting lineup. Four All Stars in Steve Nash, Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, and Dwight Howard. Then you have a very solid role player in Metta World Peace. You would expect that with so much talent they will have the lead the majority of the time.

The bench while not great they are serviceable at least talent wise. Antwan Jamison was a terrific signing especially because he came so cheap. You're talking about a career 20 pot scorer and we got him for the vets minimum. That's a freaking steal. Sure he may not be what he once was, but last season he still averaged 17 pig albeit on low efficiency. I don't even remember the last time we had a great scorer like Jamison on our bench. Last season we lacked a go to option off the bench and now we have it.

Then you look at some other guys. Jordan Hill will be back for the season opener next week against Dallas and that's great news. He's a solid backup big. One of the best there is. He's solid defensively, can rebound, and is really good at put backs. Then we obviously signed Jodie Meeks which was another solid signing by the offseason. He's a guy who can put the ball in the basket. Terrific spot up shooter and he's also better at creating his own shot than I originally thought.

Steve Blake is really the weak link on the bench. I will admit I haven't been watching much of pre-season, but judging by the statistics and some other posters comments he's been underwhelming just like he has since he's been a Laker. I don't have much hope for Blake, but if he can just come in and just hit a few shots and not turn the ball over I'll be satisfied.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Kit on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:00 pm

Lakerjones wrote:
Kit wrote:He looks better than Steve Blake in the preseason to me.

^^ Totally agree with both you and Doc Brown. I know I shouldn't be, but I'm pretty shocked that Blake has sucked so badly this offseason. His role has been pretty clear and he's running the Princeton which he ran with Eddie Jordan before. But he just looks completely useless. It's really time to move this guy. I am really bummed that he's been such a bust for us. He looked like a sure thing to be a good backup PG for us at least and maybe develop into a starter. But no way in hell. He's been incredibly inconsistent the past two years and now he's just been consistently bad. We have to get rid of him.

He looked sharper and more under control offensively and defensively than Blake. A few games ago I saw Steve Blake ran into a defender HEAD FIRST while dribbling. I was like, "come on man! you just looked like a fly"
Kit

Postby lakersStan24 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:05 pm

I Think Chris Duhon will Be Great this Year
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:41 pm

lakersStan24 wrote:I Think Chris Duhon will Be Great this Year

^^ All he would need to be is a good role player - a spark plug for the offense and a decent defender off the bench. Just run the show for the second unit and for small amounts of time with the starters minus Nash. If he could just give us those necessary 16 minutes or so a game it would be amazing.
Lakerjones

Postby 432J on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:24 pm

you mean he talked with ESPN about the importance of a travel dance?

:man12:
432J

Return to Lakers Discussion