Chris Kaman Discussion: Submarino Amarillo to Portlandia

Re: Chris Kaman Discussion: It's Captain Caaavemaaaaan

Postby SK8 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:35 am

He's shooting release is kinda looking like Dirk's, that's that German school.
Kaman can definitely hit that mid, and his low post game is looking really smooth.
Definitely another underpaid steal for Mitch this summer with Nick Young also.
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:52 pm

Mark Medina ‏@MarkG_Medina 1m
Chris Kaman stressed he's respecting Mike D'Antoni because of how upfront he's been. But Kaman acknowledged wanting to play more with Pau
Reply Retweet Favorite More Expand
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Caveman was beasting tonight. Great game.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby revgen on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:01 pm

I'm not knocking Kaman, but if he's on the floor, it has to be with Jordan Hill. We need a hard hat guy on the floor for our frontcourt, and neither Kaman or Pau are that.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:04 pm

i prefer shawne with pau and hill with kaman. wes has been doing well at the 4 but i dont think its much of a difference than what hed do at the 3. theres just a lot of guys who can play and i feel eventually hill will get more mins and shawne will lose his. that'll just take time for dantoni to make that call but it will prob happen bc hill is doing unreal things on d and on the boards as well as scoring pretty efficiently honestly
Ariza3

Postby XXIV on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:05 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Mark Medina ‏@MarkG_Medina 1m
Chris Kaman stressed he's respecting Mike D'Antoni because of how upfront he's been. But Kaman acknowledged wanting to play more with Pau
Reply Retweet Favorite More Expand

They seemed to be clicking in the preseason game so it makes sense that he wants to play with Pau. However, I feel we need someone more hustle or defense oriented at the PF spot in order to counter what these two guys bring on the court.
XXIV

Postby borri on Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:29 am

Kaman and Pau combo would be pretty good in the TRI.
borri

Postby KB24 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am

Kaman seems to be less out of control than from what I remember with Clippers/Mavs.

Looks to be efficient even though he is an injury waiting to happen.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:42 am

He has good hands ... his teammates ( mainly Farmar) are throwing passes to him off the PNR like he has Nate Robinson center of gravity
wcsoldier81

Postby SK8 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:13 am

^^ hahhaaa i agree, but Farmar was throwing those kind of passes to everyone :man10:
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby therealdeal on Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:05 am

I'll be honest I love watching this dude around the basket. He's got a REALLY nice post game. He's just so unathletic at this point that sometimes he can't finish.

He's also got one of the nicest looking jump shots I've seen from a man his size.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ras Algethi on Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:48 pm

Kaman just fundamentally sound around the basket. He's got good foot work, knows how to use his body to create some space and can finish with either hand. Good mid range jumper too. He's just not very mobile.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:25 pm

Start Kaman/Pau keep Williams on the bench

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby karacha on Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:34 pm

If Kaman had more speed/athleticism, he'd be a beast, seriously. His offensive game is very polished, and his passing is underrated. If he wants to stay, I'd re-sign him. Where are you going to find a better, cheaper backup center?
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:41 pm

You guys should have watched Kaman's post game interview last night after the game. He was really close to crossing that line between complaining and trying to level him comments out. it was pretty funny though some of the stuff he said like if you win your popular and if you don't your a loser. How he said it and his facial expression made it refreshing.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby LakersN4 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:13 pm

I think Kaman has a valid gripe but he needs to make some adjustments for it to work.. The passing exhibition him & Pau put on in the preseason was special to watch.. If he wants to play next to Pau he better learn how to start hustling constantly & try to do some of what Hill does fighting for rebounding position. We know Pau isn't going to add those things to his game.. Although that closeout block was awesome, that's not exactly typical Pau.. I think some of Kaman's stress will be relieved when Kobe returns.. He can play that 2 man game with Kaman probably almost as good as he does with Pau..
LakersN4

Postby therealdeal on Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:28 pm

^ Nailed it.

If he wants more minutes with Pau, he needs to do the things Hill does: namely smash the glass up and work his butt off down there.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Sirron on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:21 pm

meh, white dudes always think they are special
once a Clipper, always a Clipper

That being said, if anyone should be out of the front court rotation based on performance, it's Shawn. Strangely enough, little man Wes playing the four has worked pretty well with his best imitation of Marion.
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:19 am

therealdeal wrote:^ Nailed it.

If he wants more minutes with Pau, he needs to do the things Hill does: namely smash the glass up and work his butt off down there.

In Caveman's defense I've never not seen him hustle out there for our team this year. He is trying hard! The problem is he is just kind of slow and lumbering. He hustles but he'll never be the rebound machine that Hill is. Nor will Hill EVER be able to shoot that mid-range shot or post the way Caveman does.

Personally, I don't really care for the Caveman/Pau combo very much because of the lack of defense. So I'm not taking his side. I just think in his defense that he is actually playing very hard every minute I see him out on the court. Bottom line: he's not a 4. He's a 5. And at this point in his career Pau is best served at that very same position. That means not much time out there together. Not to mention that D' Antoni seems to like Hill at the 5, too. So that's three guys playing that same position in this system.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:51 am

Well if he can't board like Hill, then he needs to shut his face. :man10:

The fact is ALL-AROUND Hill fits better with Gasol. Gasol isn't as efficient as he used to be, we need a glass eater next to him. Hill isn't great offensively, he needs to be set up every time down the floor. The fit is there.

Kaman is a great backup Center. He's a borderline starter. Maybe early in games we can afford him next to Pau for that great chemistry offensively, but when the game is on the line I want Hill in there with Gasol.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:46 pm

therealdeal wrote:Well if he can't board like Hill, then he needs to shut his face. :man10:

The fact is ALL-AROUND Hill fits better with Gasol. Gasol isn't as efficient as he used to be, we need a glass eater next to him. Hill isn't great offensively, he needs to be set up every time down the floor. The fit is there.

Kaman is a great backup Center. He's a borderline starter. Maybe early in games we can afford him next to Pau for that great chemistry offensively, but when the game is on the line I want Hill in there with Gasol.

:man10:

Agree with you on all of this realdeal.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:06 am

:jam2: another nice effort in just 17 minutes found for him by Dan. 5 for 7… 10 pts and 7 boards. He reads this thread and saw real was on him about that :man1: and awesome rejection on Monta trying to jam :man4:
LTLakerFan

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:01 am

Kaman is doing everything better than Pau and continues to get crapped on in the minutes department.

It's pretty bad when our two best bigs (Kaman/Hill) don't get as much playing time as they should. As a coach you play your best players. MDA isn't doing that right now and prefers to play the "names".
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:41 am

It's going to be fun watching Williams and Johnson guard and rebound against Howard tomorrow night and Blake on Harden. :disagree: :disagree: :bang: :bang:

Juusssst kidding……. even Dan wouldn't be that dumb. Would he?? :scurred: :scurred: :bricks:
LTLakerFan

Postby XXIV on Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:14 am

Doc Brown wrote:Kaman is doing everything better than Pau and continues to get crapped on in the minutes department.

It's pretty bad when our two best bigs (Kaman/Hill) don't get as much playing time as they should. As a coach you play your best players. MDA isn't doing that right now and prefers to play the "names".

Seems like he's hoping Pau turns it around, but until he notices that Pau's not cutting it we're going to be losing games.
XXIV

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion