Chris Kaman Discussion: It's Captain Caaavemaaaaan

Re: Lakers and Chris Caveman Have Mutual Interest

Postby kblo247 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:09 pm

therealdeal wrote:No offense guys, but it is what it is. If he's available for cheap, he's 7 feet tall and 6 fouls.

I'd take whatever I could get.

And he's better than Dacre. He can easily be Paus reserve backup. He's using to playing in staples anyhow
kblo247

Postby 432J on Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:25 pm

lakefansac wrote:Alright! The Lakers are assembling the early 2000's Clipper squad with Odom, Brand, and Kaman. Hey, I heard that Cuttino Mobley wants to make a comeback.

But it seriousness, Kaman is a solid although a declining player whose best days are behind him.

might as well bring darius miles and q-rich on board too
432J

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:10 pm

hes a good big but shouldnt we be focusing on athletic wing players?

I know there arent any left so i say sign him and odom. our weak spot will def be SF and has been for years.
Ariza3

Postby jimbo327 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:23 pm

Congratulations Jim Buss. You have officially turned the Lakers into the Clippers.
Soylent Green is People!
jimbo327

Postby Weezy on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:25 pm

Can't go into the season with our only bigs being Pau, Hill, Sacre, and Kelly, you have to add at least one more C or PF. Kaman isn't the best, but if somebody with any talent whatsoever actually wants to come here we can't be too picky. He does get injured a lot, but he played 66 games last season, and averaged 10.5 ppg, 5.6 boards, and about 1 block in 20 mins. If he wants to come here for the minimum, we could do worse, he'd be a backup anyway.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:50 am

I don't think all fans understand we are going to sign players on 1 year deals at a very cheap price ... these players won't be good ones ... don't get mad and don't expect anything for this upcoming season
wcsoldier81

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:27 am

Nashty Gal wrote:
Aonex wrote:
Battle Tested20 wrote:
Nashty Gal wrote:ugh, he is not cute. if they don't get some cuties on that roster i'm cancelling direct tv. f that.

O brother.... :man10:

This is how we evaluate talent now.....?

I thought it was funny.

yeah, it was suppose to be.

jeez dudes.

I don't know but did you see my laughing face I made. I did think it was funny, that why I had This> :man10:

Don't take it so seriously..(out of context)
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:55 am

Weezy wrote:Can't go into the season with our only bigs being Pau, Hill, Sacre, and Kelly, you have to add at least one more C or PF. Kaman isn't the best, but if somebody with any talent whatsoever actually wants to come here we can't be too picky. He does get injured a lot, but he played 66 games last season, and averaged 10.5 ppg, 5.6 boards, and about 1 block in 20 mins. If he wants to come here for the minimum, we could do worse, he'd be a backup anyway.

I think most Laker fans are holding on to this idea that we have a bunch of options. :man10: That we have so many guys we can go get that we can afford to say no to anybody.

If there's someone with interest in coming here this season, we ought to do it. Even if they're not great. We're not going to be great anyway, so we might as well sign them up.

I'd prefer someone younger, but that's okay. We're not going to get a lot of young guys' interest this season.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Pig Miller on Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:04 am

he's going to come in here and play 15-20 minutes a game. i'm all for this signing. kaman can fill the void better than any of the other FA available at C.
Pig Miller

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:18 am

therealdeal wrote:
Weezy wrote:Can't go into the season with our only bigs being Pau, Hill, Sacre, and Kelly, you have to add at least one more C or PF. Kaman isn't the best, but if somebody with any talent whatsoever actually wants to come here we can't be too picky. He does get injured a lot, but he played 66 games last season, and averaged 10.5 ppg, 5.6 boards, and about 1 block in 20 mins. If he wants to come here for the minimum, we could do worse, he'd be a backup anyway.

I think most Laker fans are holding on to this idea that we have a bunch of options. :man10: That we have so many guys we can go get that we can afford to say no to anybody.

If there's someone with interest in coming here this season, we ought to do it. Even if they're not great. We're not going to be great anyway, so we might as well sign them up.

I'd prefer someone younger, but that's okay. We're not going to get a lot of young guys' interest this season.

most Lakers fans think that we can just snap a finger and we get all the guys who are trying to get paid. LA needs to get under the CAP. They need to find players who know how to play that "will' play.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby CarolinaLakerFan on Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:24 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

most Lakers fans think that we can just snap a finger and we get all the guys who are trying to get paid. LA needs to get under the CAP. They need to find players who know how to play that "will' play.

Agree 100%. :bow:
Magic Johnson: The most complete player in NBA history!
CarolinaLakerFan

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:06 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

What's really funny is we might not even get this guy. He STILL might be out of our price range. Just the fact that we're interested tells me SOMEONE is going to snatch him up before we can for just over what we can offer.

If he wants to play here, then I say sign him now. We need guys that want to be Lakers.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:12 pm

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 34s
Lakers and Chris Kaman, I've told, have agreed to terms on one-year deal
Expand
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby XXIV on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:13 pm

Well that's good news, potentially our first FA signing. Is it possible to offer the mini MLE for one year or is it a minimum of two?
XXIV

Postby pound4pound1 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:14 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 34s
Lakers and Chris Kaman, I've told, have agreed to terms on one-year deal
Expand

i just laugh

i hope we have an entertaining team next season...playoffs or not
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby The Rock on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:17 pm

So he and Pau are gonna share the block lol Pau is gonna find another excuse to bch about

But seriously...I think MDA' system can pump up his stats. I dont think you can trade players on 1 year deal but hope whoever we have this year outside of Kobe, we turn into trade assets to get 2014 picks or young players on rookie scale contracts.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:18 pm

XXIV wrote:Well that's good news, potentially our first FA signing. Is it possible to offer the mini MLE for one year or is it a minimum of two?

Two years, but the second year can be optioned either way (team or player).

This is a minimum signing, I believe.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby XXIV on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:19 pm

Last year with the Mavs in 66 games he averaged 20 min - 10.5 ppg - 5.6 rpg - 50.7% FG.
XXIV

Postby Aonex on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:19 pm

He's coming off the bench, right?
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
Aonex

Postby XXIV on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:20 pm

therealdeal wrote:
XXIV wrote:Well that's good news, potentially our first FA signing. Is it possible to offer the mini MLE for one year or is it a minimum of two?

Alright hopefully this is a minimum signing as it still gives us the chance to sign someone like Young with the mMLE.
XXIV

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:21 pm

Tom Petty..... alllright!! Well bald Tom Petty. Hey in the early years he was arguably somewhat better than Bynum. I'm seeing it now. Kobe is going to set the example in the gym and with his rehab. This will be like one of the Stallone movies where all the old time baddazz guys get together for the impossible mission, and against all odds the team has a "respectable" season. Probably will cost us the lottery chance. But you watch.... if healthy Lakers "don't tank".

Like Tommy Lee Jones in US Marshalls when he nicked his deputy's ear with a round from his pistol killing the bad guy that was holding him. Deputy was freaked. Jones wispered in his good ear, I don't negotiate!! Lakers don't tank. Although I get the difference between not killing themselves on a throw away season as well.
Last edited by LTLakerFan on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
LTLakerFan

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:21 pm

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby denimPortugal on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:22 pm

Pleaseeee! I don't like this guy...at all! :bang: :bang:
denimPortugal

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:23 pm

XXIV wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Alright hopefully this is a minimum signing as it still gives us the chance to sign someone like Young with the mMLE.

I doubt we are able to land someone like Young, but it's been one of my hopes as well.

I think this probably closes the door for Mullens and we probably don't have the cash for Brand.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:24 pm

Hey our first signing! And it only took until the 8th, now the dominoes should start to fall since we've got our star center. :man10: Seriously though, no big deal, could be worse, we only have the minimum to offer we take what we can get. Now of we sign Odom we'll have

Hill/Odom/Kelly
Pau/Kaman/Sacre

Should be good for a laugh at least. And if people really can't stand him, it's ok because he's likely to get injured and miss a bunch of games anyway.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion