Chris Paul Doesn’t Fear Lakers

Re: Chris Paul Doesn’t Fear Lakers

Postby nameant on Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:53 pm

Why would he be worried? We were better than them last year....this upcoming season they won't even be on our radar.
User avatar
nameant

 
Posts: 25329
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:30 pm

Re: Chris Paul Doesn’t Fear Lakers

Postby Weezy on Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:56 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Weezy wrote:You just know some part of him really is saying that, "damn I could have been playing with Kobe and Dwight this season". Clippers have a good team, but come on, CP3, Kobe and Dwight? That would have been the best 'big 3' in the NBA.


Maybe ever. Kobe dipping past his prime, but still a perennial superstar. Chris Paul and Dwight Howard both in or reaching their prime... Not to mention they fit much better than the Miami Big Three or even the Boston Big Three.

Not to mention, you'd have guys flocking here for the opportunity to play with them. Guys like Jamison and Meeks would still be coming here and you'd probably get a bunch of other guys too.


Perhaps, but it is what it is. I'm just as happy, if not more happy, with Nash, Kobe and Howard and still being able to keep Pau, and I'm sure you are as well. In a small way I feel bad for Paul, he was almost a Laker, not his fault he wasn't, but it's a very, very small sympathy lol, I really don't like the guy's antics and flopping on the court. If we had him, I'd get over it, but I'm no longer angry or upset in the least over that vetoed trade.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50950
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Chris Paul Doesn’t Fear Lakers

Postby XXIV on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:02 pm

Like I mentioned in another thread, in the short term Nash + Pau + Kobe + Dwight > CP3 + Kobe + Dwight
XXIV

 
Posts: 6389
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Chris Paul Doesn’t Fear Lakers

Postby therealdeal on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:03 pm

Weezy wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Weezy wrote:You just know some part of him really is saying that, "damn I could have been playing with Kobe and Dwight this season". Clippers have a good team, but come on, CP3, Kobe and Dwight? That would have been the best 'big 3' in the NBA.


Maybe ever. Kobe dipping past his prime, but still a perennial superstar. Chris Paul and Dwight Howard both in or reaching their prime... Not to mention they fit much better than the Miami Big Three or even the Boston Big Three.

Not to mention, you'd have guys flocking here for the opportunity to play with them. Guys like Jamison and Meeks would still be coming here and you'd probably get a bunch of other guys too.


Perhaps, but it is what it is. I'm just as happy, if not more happy, with Nash, Kobe and Howard and still being able to keep Pau, and I'm sure you are as well. In a small way I feel bad for Paul, he was almost a Laker, not his fault he wasn't, but it's a very, very small sympathy lol, I really don't like the guy's antics and flopping on the court. If we had him, I'd get over it, but I'm no longer angry or upset in the least over that vetoed trade.


Oh totally. I love the direction that the veto forced us to go. Nash, Kobe, Gasol, and Howard is definitely a better prize overall than the Paul deal. And to be completely clear, it's still possible to get Paul when Nash, Kobe, and Gasol expire... :man1:

I can't stand the way he flops around, but he's a fantastic basketball player. I'd hope that he came here and toned it down instead of inspired his team to ramp it up (a la the Clippers). If he had ben a Laker, that'd be great, but we've got the best team in the league right now and the future looks bright. I love being a Laker fan.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40417
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Chris Paul Doesn’t Fear Lakers

Postby Atfubuto on Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:12 pm

XXIV wrote:Like I mentioned in another thread, in the short term Nash + Pau + Kobe + Dwight > CP3 + Kobe + Dwight


Absolutely.
User avatar
Atfubuto

 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:02 pm
Location: Turkey

Re: Chris Paul Doesn’t Fear Lakers

Postby noobiew on Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:24 pm

Sure you just can't expect him to say he does fear us and the Lakers is the best team in the NBA right? since he is now with the clippernation.

Everyone know CP3 wants to be a Laker but he knew the situation and the league wouldn't allowed it, kinda feel sorry for him LOL
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
User avatar
noobiew

 
Posts: 5564
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:55 am

Re: Chris Paul Doesn’t Fear Lakers

Postby LOSLAKERS on Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:59 pm

As much as I want to hate on him and the pathetic Clippers :man10:, what is he supposed to say? I admire how he thinks he can beat anyone. That's a trait Kobe has and one that makes him so good. The reason Paul and Kobe get a pass though whereas somebody like DeShawn Stevenson doesn't, is because unlike him, they don't suck.
User avatar
LOSLAKERS

 
Posts: 521
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Chris Paul Doesn’t Fear Lakers

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:58 am

But he will soon learn to be.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15219
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: Chris Paul Doesn’t Fear Lakers

Postby trodgers on Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:51 am

He is an excellent player, but I didn't want him when I thought we'd traded for him. Happy he's not on our team. And, bystander, you're exactly right. He seems like a Celtic to me.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46611
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Chris Paul Doesn’t Fear Lakers

Postby MadMax on Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:57 am

Lakerjones wrote:But he will soon learn to be.

+1
User avatar
MadMax

 
Posts: 13889
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: The Beach Cities

Re: Chris Paul Doesn’t Fear Lakers

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:11 am

Of course he doesnt. Why should he? We haven't proven jack.
Image
User avatar
Texas Lakers Fan

 
Posts: 5438
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:26 am

Re: Chris Paul Doesn’t Fear Lakers

Postby LAKEROC on Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:15 pm

Theoretically, could New Orleans have taken a package built around Lamar Odom(and no Pau), and other filler, and still made the deal work? Yes, I know the league already wanted more than we offered WITH Gasol, but from a technical standpoint, COULD New Orleans have taken an offer for Just Odom and filler, and we received Paul, and then in the summer(as we did), were able to flip Bynum for Howard. Obviously, I don't even want to think of what a payroll for that team would look like, but theoretically could this have been done, if the Lakers didn't care one iota of the luxury tax threshold?
Still, give me Nash..IN HIS PRIME over CP3 any day of the week!
LAKEROC

 
Posts: 2168
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:49 pm

Re: Chris Paul Doesn’t Fear Lakers

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:03 pm

trodgers wrote:He is an excellent player, but I didn't want him when I thought we'd traded for him. Happy he's not on our team. And, bystander, you're exactly right. He seems like a Celtic to me.

Why wouldn't you want the best point guard and one of the best five players in basketball?

Our future would be all, but set with CP3 and Dwight.
Image
User avatar
Texas Lakers Fan

 
Posts: 5438
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:26 am

Re: Chris Paul Doesn’t Fear Lakers

Postby JGC on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:05 am

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
trodgers wrote:He is an excellent player, but I didn't want him when I thought we'd traded for him. Happy he's not on our team. And, bystander, you're exactly right. He seems like a Celtic to me.

Why wouldn't you want the best point guard and one of the best five players in basketball?

Our future would be all, but set with CP3 and Dwight.


I too, thought the price was too high at the time. I mean, I was happy we got CP3, but for Pau and Lamar? I also think Nash + Pau is better than CP3 alone. The only hitch is that we would have had CP3 after Kobe's time here so having that duo would have been nice... BUT....

I think having Nash and Pau gets you must closer to another set of rings for Kobe than just CP3 does.
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: Chris Paul Doesn’t Fear Lakers

Postby therealdeal on Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:52 am

JGC wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
trodgers wrote:He is an excellent player, but I didn't want him when I thought we'd traded for him. Happy he's not on our team. And, bystander, you're exactly right. He seems like a Celtic to me.

Why wouldn't you want the best point guard and one of the best five players in basketball?

Our future would be all, but set with CP3 and Dwight.


I too, thought the price was too high at the time. I mean, I was happy we got CP3, but for Pau and Lamar? I also think Nash + Pau is better than CP3 alone. The only hitch is that we would have had CP3 after Kobe's time here so having that duo would have been nice... BUT....

I think having Nash and Pau gets you must closer to another set of rings for Kobe than just CP3 does.

Paul still has an outside chance of getting to the Lakers depending on the next contract he signs. I sincerely doubt he signs long term for the Clippers. I just don't see it. I see him signing short term and demanding a winning culture. If they don't win in the short term, or make some massive strides, then I see him leaving.

If he signs long term?... well good luck then kid. :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40417
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Chris Paul Doesn’t Fear Lakers

Postby therealdeal on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:14 am

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Of course he doesnt. Why should he? We haven't proven jack.

That's a silly way of looking at it.

Say you had a neighbor and every day was the same and he never made any threats to you. No reason to fear him sure. Now what if your neighbor stockpiled mortars and had them all pointed at your house, but hadn't fired them yet are you still going to not fear him?

Just because we haven't fired any weapons, doesn't mean there isn't a reason to fear us.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40417
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Chris Paul Doesn’t Fear Lakers

Postby XXIV on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:16 am

therealdeal wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Of course he doesnt. Why should he? We haven't proven jack.

That's a silly way of looking at it.

Say you had a neighbor and every day was the same and he never made any threats to you. No reason to fear him sure. Now what if your neighbor stockpiled mortars and had them all pointed at your house, but hadn't fired them yet are you still going to not fear him?

Just because we haven't fired any weapons, doesn't mean there isn't a reason to fear us.


Great way to put it. :man10:
XXIV

 
Posts: 6389
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Chris Paul Doesn’t Fear Lakers

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:39 pm

Aonex wrote:Anyone think the chances of Paul leaving increased once we got Dwight? Clippers aren't overtaking the Lakers anytime soon, and will continue to live in their shadow.


His contract is up after this year and he's a FA if i'm not mistaken. I bet you if the Clippers don't go as far as the Lakers, he signs with the Lakers. Him and Howard would be scary.
User avatar
Lets Go Lakers

 
Posts: 2864
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Re: Chris Paul Doesn’t Fear Lakers

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:41 pm

XXIV wrote:Like I mentioned in another thread, in the short term Nash + Pau + Kobe + Dwight > CP3 + Kobe + Dwight


I disagree. CP3 is the best PG in the game and simply one of the best ever. Really, i can't think of another PG who i would take outside of Magic if i had to start a team. He can do it all. Put him on ANY team and they are playoff contenders. Some of you Laker fans don't know how good he really is. The guy is just so good.

Nash is still playing at a high level but he ain't on CP3's level right now.
User avatar
Lets Go Lakers

 
Posts: 2864
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Re: Chris Paul Doesn’t Fear Lakers

Postby XXIV on Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:42 pm

Lets Go Lakers wrote:
Aonex wrote:Anyone think the chances of Paul leaving increased once we got Dwight? Clippers aren't overtaking the Lakers anytime soon, and will continue to live in their shadow.


His contract is up after this year and he's a FA if i'm not mistaken. I bet you if the Clippers don't go as far as the Lakers, he signs with the Lakers. Him and Howard would be scary.


We don't have the means to sign him until the 2014/2015 season.
XXIV

 
Posts: 6389
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Chris Paul Doesn’t Fear Lakers

Postby Center Court on Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:46 pm

He's got an icredible team this year... probably the deepest in the NBA. Not sure why he'd come out and give us all this praise

DJ/Turiaf
Griffin/Odom
Butler/Hill
Billups/Crawford
CP3/Bledsoe

he's got 2 former 6th men in role playing roles and then Bledsoe who a lot of people think can be 6th man soon. If Odom get's back to his Laker ways and Billups can stay healthy, they are a big threat. IMO the key is health for them.
User avatar
Center Court

 
Posts: 3172
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:45 pm
Location: @ CL since '04

Re: Chris Paul Doesn’t Fear Lakers

Postby XXIV on Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:55 pm

Center Court wrote:He's got an icredible team this year... probably the deepest in the NBA. Not sure why he'd come out and give us all this praise

DJ/Turiaf
Griffin/Odom
Butler/Hill
Billups/Crawford
CP3/Bledsoe

he's got 2 former 6th men in role playing roles and then Bledsoe who a lot of people think can be 6th man soon. If Odom get's back to his Laker ways and Billups can stay healthy, they are a big threat. IMO the key is health for them.


They have a very deep team this year, but a lot of things have to go right in order for them to win a championship. Turiaf is looking old, DJ is useless except for the occasional lob and putback, who knows what type of Odom they'll be getting, can Butler/Hill/CP3 stay healthy, can Griffin take his game to the next level, and how will Billups come back after an injury which tends to demolish the games of even young players. It'll be interesting to see how things play out, but a lot of it will ride on their ability to stay healthy.
XXIV

 
Posts: 6389
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Chris Paul Doesn’t Fear Lakers

Postby therealdeal on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:03 pm

XXIV wrote:
Center Court wrote:He's got an icredible team this year... probably the deepest in the NBA. Not sure why he'd come out and give us all this praise

DJ/Turiaf
Griffin/Odom
Butler/Hill
Billups/Crawford
CP3/Bledsoe

he's got 2 former 6th men in role playing roles and then Bledsoe who a lot of people think can be 6th man soon. If Odom get's back to his Laker ways and Billups can stay healthy, they are a big threat. IMO the key is health for them.


They have a very deep team this year, but a lot of things have to go right in order for them to win a championship. Turiaf is looking old, DJ is useless except for the occasional lob and putback, who knows what type of Odom they'll be getting, can Butler/Hill/CP3 stay healthy, can Griffin take his game to the next level, and how will Billups come back after an injury which tends to demolish the games of even young players. It'll be interesting to see how things play out, but a lot of it will ride on their ability to stay healthy.

Jordan/Turiaf vs. Howard/Hill? Delicious.
Griffin/Odom vs. Gasol/Jamison? Still yummy.
Butler/Hill vs. Artest/Ebanks? Meh. Edge likely goes to Butler/Hill (if healthy of course).
Billups/Crawford vs. Bryant/Meeks? Delcious.
Paul/Bledsoe vs. Nash/Blake. Not so delicious, but edible.

Odd food references aside (I missed lunch), even when fully healthy we have the edge. The chances Paul, Griffin, Billups, Hill, Butler, and Crawford staying healthy for enough of the season to give them the advantage? Slim.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40417
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Chris Paul Doesn’t Fear Lakers

Postby Juronimo on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:38 pm

bystander wrote:Chirs Paul can go [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] himself. I [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] hate this scumbag. He was born to be a ******.


:man10: :man10: :man10:
Image

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
User avatar
Juronimo

 
Posts: 6597
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:20 pm
Location: Fist in the air on a quest for justice

Re: Chris Paul Doesn’t Fear Lakers

Postby therealdeal on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:56 pm

Lets Go Lakers wrote:
XXIV wrote:Like I mentioned in another thread, in the short term Nash + Pau + Kobe + Dwight > CP3 + Kobe + Dwight


I disagree. CP3 is the best PG in the game and simply one of the best ever. Really, i can't think of another PG who i would take outside of Magic if i had to start a team. He can do it all. Put him on ANY team and they are playoff contenders. Some of you Laker fans don't know how good he really is. The guy is just so good.

Nash is still playing at a high level but he ain't on CP3's level right now.

Peculiar wording there. I assume you mean "Some of you other Laker fans don't know how good he really is".

Either way, I think you're wrong. I think we all know and understand how good of a player he is. He's a terrific basketball player, there's a reason Mitch was willing to give up the kitchen sink to get him. He's got fantastic vision, he's a great shooter, and he's got the same winners mentality that Kobe Bryant has.

However, he's also somewhat injury prone. He flops around the court, getting cheap calls and whines to the refs about it when he's the type of player who's greatness surpasses that kind of behavior. If he were an average player and that was a tool he used to stay relevant it'd almost bother me less. But he's an other worldly talent who uses it and it's absolutely ridiculous.

And besides all of that, Nash is one of the best PGs to ever play the game and even at his advanced age he remains relevant and capable of carrying a team laden with stars to the next level. He, along with Gasol, will provide more for the team than just Paul would alone. Even given how great Paul is.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40417
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: showtime mamba and 13 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.