Clearing the "air" for Kobe, From MJ

Clearing the "air" for Kobe, From MJ

Postby OG on Fri Jul 04, 2003 1:21 pm

look, Kobe averaged 40 points for a month, with a player the calibar of Shaq on his team, and averaged 30 points for a season even as #2 option for most of the time. Mj never did that. Jordan would have never done those increadable things he did if he had Shaq on his team. not even jordan would have been #1 option over Shaq. Kobe has simply not had an extended oppurtunity to show everything he's got cuz he has Shaq on his team so he has never realy had to. If Kobe cant even get recognized as player of the month when he averaged 40 ppg, then how in the hell could we ever expect him to win an MVP for an entire season? Had T-Mac averaged 40 ppg for an entire month than you can bet your [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] he would have won player of the month. Nobody had a season like Kobe last year with all of those records he broke and he realy seperated himself from everyone else. i dont recall MJ having the kind of players to compete with as Kobe does on a daily basis. Who was his competition???? What about team competition??? the 76ers? the jazz??? seattle??? Jordan never broke any three point records like Kobe. and Kobe is just 24. by the time he is 30, he will be recognized as better than Jordan as his calibar of competition will force him to take his game to a level never seen. the NBA is simply mutch better than it was when Jordan was choppin the league apart like a razor. Kobe is not better than MJ right now, but his potential to be better combined with his amazing skills at only 24, assures me he will one day be considered as better. At 24, jordan was just another flashy scorer, hell even at 28 thats all he was. But Kobe at 21 was a refined champion. Attribute that to Shaq all you want but its also a huge disadvantage for Kobe to have Shaq as it realy holds his personal tallents back. no one has seen what Kobe can realy do but we have had some previews. 9 consecutive 3 pointers made, 12 in a game. 42 points at halftime, 52 by the end of the 3rd quarter. over 40 points per game for a month, 30 points per game for a season with Shaq on the same team making Kobe an automatic #2 option, but still managed 30 ppg. led the league at the all star break with tripple doubles and all the other little things he did. Kobe realy led the league in scoring last season over T-Mac because he played all 82 games, T-Mac did not. So Kobe actualy scored more points than T-Mac last season but he played more games so his average was slightly lower, but your average is different than how maney points you actualy scored,ecords like Kobe. and Kobe is just 24. by the time he is 30, he will be recognized as better than Jordan as his calibar of competition will force him to take his game to a level never seen. the NBA is simply mutch better than it was when Jordan was choppin the league apart like a razor. Kobe is not better than MJ right now, but his potential to be better combined with his amazing skills at only 24, assures me he will one day be considered as better. At 24, jordan was just another flashy scorer, hell even at 28 thats all he was. But Kobe at 21 was a refined champion. Attribute that to Shaq all you want but its also a huge disadvantage for Kobe to have Shaq as it realy holds his personal tallents back. no one has seen what Kobe can realy do but we have had some previews. 9 consecutive 3 pointers made, 12 in a game. 42 points at halftime, 52 by the end of the 3rd quarter. over 40 points per game for a month, 30 points per game for a season with Shaq on the same team making Kobe an automatic #2 option, but still managed 30 ppg. led the league at the all star break with tripple doubles and all the other little things he did. Kobe realy led the league in scoring last season over T-Mac because he played all 82 games, T-Mac did not. So Kobe actualy scored more points than T-Mac last season but he played more games so his average was slightly lower, but your average is different than how maney points you actualy scored, and Kobe scored more points than anyone else in the NBA last season. So he realy did lead the league in scoring but just wasnt technicly recognized.
Quoting Shaq on one of his spontainious freestyles durring practices:

"I stay paid niggaaa, I live laid niggaaa, I've been rappen ever since the third grade niggaaa".
OG

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri Jul 04, 2003 1:49 pm

Nicely put OG.

Before its said and done Kobe will be recognized as the best to ever played the game. Getting 10 or even 11 titles is still not out of the question. I can see Kobe breaking the scoring career record, if he stays healthy and plays till 40. He will break that record by such a great margin, that it will take years to break it.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Laker brain on Fri Jul 04, 2003 2:35 pm

It's nice to say Kobe is better than MJ, but there is something that Kobe can never do, that MJ did, and that was making the NBA as marketable as it has gotten, Jordan took the NBA to a whole new level, a level that kobe T-mac-AI are all in.
Skillfully I think Kobe will be better than MJ
But in the sum of the History, I think MJ will be Mr. NBA when its all said and done.

Kobe will be the Greatest , but Mike will be the Landmark.
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat Jul 05, 2003 1:55 am

I second that, Laker brain!
Snakell Beast

Return to Lakers Discussion