Could Lamar possibly make a comeback to LA?

Could Lamar possibly make a comeback to LA?

Postby 24K GOLD on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:54 am

He's on his third year of his contract and I'm pretty sure that Cubes isn't picking up that 4th year. If he comes back here, do you think we should pick him up? And will he at least be half the contributor that he was the first time around?
I'm joining the communist now.. I don't like World peace...

24K GOLD

Re: Could Lamar possibly make a comeback to LA?

Postby karacha on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:57 am

24K GOLD wrote:And will he at least be half the contributor that he was the first time around?

If he plays like he played yesterday against us, he won't be even 1/10 of the contributor. He looks like some random 6-10 scrub.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby brickshooter on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:04 am

I want Odom back if he wants to be back. It's clear from day 1 that he wanted no part of the Mavs. I recalled seeing it on his face his first game as a Mavs that he didn't want to be there. There were talks that Odom even wanted the Mavs to release him, but Cuban resisted. So I could understand why he has no interest in performing for the Mavs.

As of now, Murphy and McRob aren't working out. I'd favor moving these two and bringing back Odom in their spot. It'll balance out the merry-go-round rotation used by Mike Brown. And the Sessions-Barnes-Odom trio can reignite the Bench Mob.
brickshooter

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:05 am

It's pretty obvious the guy doesn't want to be in Dallas, doesn't want to play for Dallas and couldn't care less about getting 2 minutes or 30 minutes a game. He checked out on that team before he stepped on the court for them. They are playing him because they have no one else and are hoping he comes around. It won't happen and he will be gone at the end of the season. That's why he looks like a turd this season IMO.

Now having said that, if he only wants to play in LA and mentally checks in long before he steps on the court in a Lakers jersey again and plays like the LO we had on the Lakers not Dallas, then yea bring him in for the vet. minimum.

He started blaming reality TV and all that drama for his disconnect with basketball. I think he is just about down with all that and would like to focus on basketball. The only place for him to do that ironically is LA, where his home is at.

But if he wants to come back here and play for the Lakers, he will have to show that he is back in training camp and maybe we will offer him something when we get to see what LO we get.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:06 am

karacha wrote:
24K GOLD wrote:. He looks like some random 6-10 scrub.

exact same thing we were sayin last night...he's just a token big guy running around out there
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby brickshooter on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:07 am

If he agrees to the Vet Minimum, it's one big indication that he wants to be on the Lakers. That's one heck of a discount.
brickshooter

Postby khmrP on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:15 am

would he? #7 is TAKEN :man1:, seems like any lil thing could set this guy off even something as minor as not getting to wear his # would make him depressed.
khmrP

Postby nameant on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:18 am

We all have known how mentally soft LO is for years. I don't think for a second that he's THIS BAD. It's about the situation imo....
nameant

Postby easyguy on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:20 am

He's still way better than MWP, why not?
easyguy

Postby Chopper on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:26 am

Agree on looking like a random scrub out there last night.

A lot of times, it was like, who's that? Oh, it's Lamar!

The worst was the last 2 minutes in total garbage time, there was Lamar Odom getting scrub burn time to run out the clock. Man. It's bad.
Chopper

Postby Center Court on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:27 am

nameant wrote:We all have known how mentally soft LO is for years. I don't think for a second that he's THIS BAD. It's about the situation imo....

yes... a dude that had not father growing up, lost his mother, lost his grandmother, lost his aunt, had troubles early in his career with weed, lost his son, dealt with constant labels of bust/failure, was in a car the struck and killed a pedestrian on the way to a funeral for another aunt yet came back to win 2 rings and become the 6th man of the NBA when he deserved to be an all star is such a mentally soft player.

people just need to except that he's an emotional guy and let his emotions get the best of him. He loved the Lakers, his teammates, and LA. He took a much smaller contract than he deserved just to stay here. He was upset that they were so willing to trade him. He's stuck in Dallas and it's probably eating at him that he ended in LA the way he did.

IMO the only thing that can get him back to a higher level of basketball is returning to the Lakers. And yes, hell yes I'd want Odom.
Center Court

Postby easyguy on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:29 am

Just imagine if LO did not act stupid, he would still be a Laker (maybe) :man9:

I think the reality show did get to him, I dont think he would have acted like that if the camera wasn't pointed at his face 24/7.

I think last season and this season have done some good with our players and Lamar, it brought us back to reality that we cannot win it all and life/basketball is tough. hopefully they learn from it and win another ring.
easyguy

Postby davriver290 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:30 am

Lamar's poor production can soley be blamed on the fact that he doesn't want to be in Dallas. It's obvious. And when this season is over, he will say it. I'm sure of it. If he's willing to come back for cheap and I am sure he will check back in. And anyone notice how much better he increased his three point %? (of course when he was on the team)
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

Postby jjin28 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:34 am

I could see Lamar playing on the knicks or the nets to return home to New York and finish his career off there.

Being married to a Kardashian, Im sure they also would rather be either in NY or LA. But considering the burnt bridge with LA, I see him preferring NY compared to LA.

Edit: Considering that Kris Humpries is on the Nets, the Kardashians probably wouldn't want Odom on that team. It would be awkward to go to Nets games for Kim.

AHAHA. oh my. how the stupid kardashians control the Bball world. lol.
Last edited by jjin28 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
“you don’t even know me and you mad. How it feel to be a hater, now I know exactly how it feels to be a Laker." - JAY Z
jjin28

Postby easyguy on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:34 am

Center Court wrote:
nameant wrote:We all have known how mentally soft LO is for years. I don't think for a second that he's THIS BAD. It's about the situation imo....

yes... a dude that had not father growing up, lost his mother, lost his grandmother, lost his aunt, had troubles early in his career with weed, lost his son, dealt with constant labels of bust/failure, was in a car the struck and killed a pedestrian on the way to a funeral for another aunt yet came back to win 2 rings and become the 6th man of the NBA when he deserved to be an all star is such a mentally soft player.

people just need to except that he's an emotional guy and let his emotions get the best of him. He loved the Lakers, his teammates, and LA. He took a much smaller contract than he deserved just to stay here. He was upset that they were so willing to trade him. He's stuck in Dallas and it's probably eating at him that he ended in LA the way he did.

IMO the only thing that can get him back to a higher level of basketball is returning to the Lakers. And yes, hell yes I'd want Odom.

I agree, people love throwing out the term soft these days. Today standards, I guess pau and Lamar need to bring guns with them into the locker room to be considered not as soft anymore.
easyguy

Postby LAKEROC on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:41 am

I'd give him our mini MLE this summer. He's a wonderful contributor off the bench, and clearly if he were willing to take that kind of money, the Lakers would be fools to pass on him.
LAKEROC

Postby BadCoaching on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:42 am

I think he'll return this summer for the min.
BadCoaching

Postby 24K GOLD on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:49 am

BadCoaching wrote:I think he'll return this summer for the min.

I think he'll return for anything. And I mean ANYTHING
I'm joining the communist now.. I don't like World peace...

24K GOLD

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:54 am

Center Court wrote:

:bow: :bow: Great post Center Court. I agree pretty much all the way, although I'm somewhat doubtful that it actually happens. Not sure the FO would be down to bring him back after his uproar here post-Chris Paul trade. I don't think they made that up and I don't know if they would be willing to deal with him again because of it.

I would certainly rather have him than Murph/McBobs, but he would have to also be willing to take a big pay cut to come back. Not sure if the boat hasn't sailed, really.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby dj vitus on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:56 am

Yeah we're gonna be pretty thin in the backcourt with Murphy, Hill, and Caracter most likely gone, and with Barnes being unrestricted. Almost a no-brainer to bring back LO. Also have to think about possibly replacing Blake if he continues his poor play.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:59 am

dj vitus wrote:Yeah we're gonna be pretty thin in the backcourt with Murphy, Hill, and Caracter most likely gone, and with Barnes being unrestricted. Almost a no-brainer to bring back LO. Also have to think about possibly replacing Blake if he continues his poor play.

Where did Caracter go, I haven't seen him on our bench in awhile? :man1:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby dj vitus on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:04 am

Doc Brown wrote:
dj vitus wrote:Yeah we're gonna be pretty thin in the backcourt with Murphy, Hill, and Caracter most likely gone, and with Barnes being unrestricted. Almost a no-brainer to bring back LO. Also have to think about possibly replacing Blake if he continues his poor play.

Where did Caracter go, I haven't seen him on our bench in awhile? :man1:

Holy cow, how did I not know he got waived. :freak2:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby kray28 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:11 am

We need get past all the head cases we've had to suffer through in this franchise's history. Lamar was (and still is) a phenomenal talent only hampered/hamstrung by his own mental hangups.

At this point, I think after years of Phil working on him, we got the most out of Lamar that anyone ever could. It was a good run, but now it's time to move on.
kray28

Postby LakerFanIam on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:14 am

And monkeys could possibly come flying out of my butt....
LakerFanIam

Postby XXIV on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:22 am

I'd welcome him back for the veteran minimum. Considering his play in Dallas that's what he's worth these days.
XXIV

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion