Crying Game

Crying Game

Postby BayAreaLakerFan on Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:55 pm

Just had a thought while driving home today. For you wannabe shrinks give me your opinions on this:

Shaq started crying when he finally won a championship.

:man6:

Kobe started crying when he finally lost a championship.

What does this tell us about our two superstars? Or doesn't even mean a thing? Probably not but just curious what you thought about it.
BayAreaLakerFan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Jun 06, 2003 12:45 am

It means that they're both devoted to the game that they've been playing almost their entire life.. Their passion yearns is different ways, but it's the same passion for the game.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri Jun 06, 2003 12:04 pm

I think it tells me one player was using his victory as career validation and the other was using losing as motivation to get more rings than any player in history...No real difference, unless you don't mind declining play
Snakell Beast

Postby BDG on Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:14 pm

it's perfectly normal to cry when you win a championship, but my personal take on it is that for Kobe, he expects, wants, and needs to win. This doesn't really show that Shaq doesn't have a drive anymore, but it only shows how hungry Kobe is for winning.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Crying Game

Postby LakerLady on Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:52 pm

In his book, Shaq said he cried because the pressure to win a championship was finally off him. He usually gets mad when we lose important games, and that's what I saw this year. I think it's part of what movtivated him to hire a personal trainer and work hard for next year. Kobe HATES to lose, and that emotion came out in tears and determination to win next year. Same diff.
LakerLady

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:57 pm

It shows love for the game...

But Snakell put it perfectly...

One player was using his victory as career validation and the other was using losing as motivation to get more rings than any player in history...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby kobe_babee on Wed Jun 11, 2003 2:19 pm

tears of joy
and
tears of defeat
kobe_babee

Postby The Old Schooler on Wed Jun 11, 2003 2:49 pm

MAN!!!!!!! They both cried. I'm quite sure Shaq shed a couple tears in the locker room. Like I said the other day, we are giving a whole lot of reasons why, and not saying "Hey, we lost one!" Why is everyone trying to put Shaq and Kobe on paper. Trying to decide who is more special to the club. Man, this is crazy! We are Laker fans. We should be thankful that we have two top ten talents on the same team :man7: We are talking about two totally different men, and how they approach their job. Is Kobe less happy or content if he never cried in victory then Shaq? Is Shaq less driven for a championship if he doesn't cry in defeat like Kobe? I spell BS coming from you guys here. WE LOST!! I hate to say it, but the signs were there the whole season. Let's just chalk it up and go on with our re-group.
CONNECTED IN THE GAME SINCE 1980
The Old Schooler

Return to Lakers Discussion