Crying shows heart, too :-\

Crying shows heart, too :-\

Postby KobeIsAGod on Fri May 16, 2003 10:26 am

Last night was hard for me to take. I've become so spoiled, that I couldn't watch the team lose. I started wondering if they could come back to win when trailing by 25, and I knew they weren't going to make it. I was just fine up until they showed Fisher with tears streaming down his face. That was when it hit me: It's over this season. We are indeed mortal. Man, did I cry...I hadn't cried for a loss since 1999, and it felt so new and sick. I'm proud of our team and what they've done, because no team in this era can ever duplicate that, unless it's ourselves doing so. I think many changed need to be made, but it was a great run while it lasted. I love you, Lakers, and thanks for everything.
"It vas a lacky shat." -Vlade Divac after Horry's Game 4 winning shot.
KobeIsAGod

Postby Lakers4Ever on Fri May 16, 2003 10:38 am

I totally feel your pain!! At this very moment, I am at work and still feeling a little teary eyed. Every since last nights loss, my emotions have pretty much taken over me. I will still ponder what it would've been like to win that 4th straight, but this indeed is reality. I now think of it this way: the loss will open our teams' eyes alot more and look out for a tear in the next season. I'm pretty sure they do not want to lose another, and w/ Kobe and Shaq's fire, next year will hopefully be a bang. So with my eyes still teary, I say this:

2003-2004 here we come!! Everyone will feel the wrath of the Lakers!!! Watch out NBA!! Its revenge time!!!
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby KobeIsAGod on Fri May 16, 2003 10:52 am

Lakers4Ever wrote:I totally feel your pain!! At this very moment, I am at work and still feeling a little teary eyed. Every since last nights loss, my emotions have pretty much taken over me. I will still ponder what it would've been like to win that 4th straight, but this indeed is reality. I now think of it this way: the loss will open our teams' eyes alot more and look out for a tear in the next season. I'm pretty sure they do not want to lose another, and w/ Kobe and Shaq's fire, next year will hopefully be a bang. So with my eyes still teary, I say this:

2003-2004 here we come!! Everyone will feel the wrath of the Lakers!!! Watch out NBA!! Its revenge time!!!

I'm watching ESPN right now, and they showed Fisher walking into the locker room sobbing. This morning Power 106 played a little tribute to the Lakers, and I cried again. I cried about 5 minutes ago when Fox Sports was replaying their 3 championships...it still hurts. I think while we're looking forward to next season(which WILL be revenge time), it just sucks that we had to experience defeat in such an embarrassing way. Well...at least now we know how the Queens feel. :-)
"It vas a lacky shat." -Vlade Divac after Horry's Game 4 winning shot.
KobeIsAGod

Postby SoKaL KoBe on Fri May 16, 2003 12:16 pm

KobeIsAGod wrote:Well...at least now we know how the Queens feel. :-)

And the Blazers, and the Wolves, and the Suns, and the Jazz, and the Spurs up until last night, and everyone else we've pounded on for the past three seasons.. :boxing1:

But yeah, we'll definitely be back! :jam2:
SoKaL KoBe

Postby Lakers4Ever on Fri May 16, 2003 12:21 pm

I agree on you w/ that SK... We definitely will be back... w/ a vengance!
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby Reddy on Fri May 16, 2003 1:10 pm

I was crying when i saw dfish and kobe tearing
i am spoiled too
just its a terrible feeling
i feel we gonna be back next year hungrier then ever
like 2000 season
we will have a great season and dethrone the 2003 champs then
and win again and so on
i know kobe and shaq and hte whole team are furious.
and when they are furious
they cant be stopped.
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri May 16, 2003 3:40 pm

It's hard... They've spoiled us for the past 3 wins, and we've loved the feeling. We've accept failure and success. But the success doesnt seem to be on the level this failure is at. It's not that they've failed, but they've been eliminated by SA. It hurts, and we all feel the pain. We've shed tears along with the players. SA was the last team to eliminate us before the 3 championship run, and now they're the last. It's hard to accept defeat, but we have in preparation for the next season. Hopefully this loss is a reality check for them to work even harder in the offseaon. LETS GO LAKERS, LETS GO!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri May 16, 2003 6:30 pm

Guys just think back to the years between 1989 throught 1999, and you will see that these past 3 years, we have been truly blessed.

Just think back to 1993-94 when we didn't make it to the playoffs. Then the pain that we felt last night does not feel as bad as before.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri May 16, 2003 7:01 pm

I know... I'd rather get defeated in the playoffs, rather than makin the playoffs... These Lakers did a lot to even get the 8th spot in February. And to top it all off we woulda had the 4th seed too! We overcame a lot and I'm proud! :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby LAKERCHICK on Fri May 16, 2003 8:35 pm

It was also hard 4 me 2 watch also I barely made it through tha whole game. I cryed so much I don't even think I can cry N-E more.But what really made me cry was when they showed Derek crying and Ko-B. Thats what really made me cry. Well I'm still trying to get over tha loss. But I think I'm okay. Can't wait 4 next season though Lakers r going 2 kill every-1 else @ tha playoffs. San Antonio better be happy while it lasted cuz I don't think theire going 2 b tha champs 4 to long.well thats it I'm out. :man12:
LAKERCHICK

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri May 16, 2003 10:20 pm

San Antonio is going to SEVERELY miss Robinson and Willis when they retire. Tim Duncan is a suspect defender, especially when he doesn't have two other 7 footers who are really good defensively to alternately come in and provide help for him. Tim will have the responsibility of being a true big man next year and I don't think he is ready at all. They also lack true leadership late in games (much like Portland and Dallas without Van Exel being hot) and that will catch up with them against us next season. If we get players like Malone or Howard, PJ Brown or Stro Swift, JT or GA and Piatkowski...they will ahve no answer for us because we will be able to clamp down on Parker, Jackson and Ginobili while getting production from our guys because of the attention that Shaq and Kobe will NOT be getting. Malone is strong enough to challenge Shaq, so he certainly can handle soft TIMMY Duncan. WE NEED MALONE OR HOWARD...
Snakell Beast

Sad finality this year, they'll be back next year

Postby win4chick on Fri May 16, 2003 11:05 pm

It was a sad end yesterday to the Lakers fourth run, but if this year should teach the Lakers a lesson is that you can't flip the switch every year. You have to take the regular season seriously and it should teach Buss that in order to compete he has to open up his checkbook. Yes it was a sad loss, but think of how sweet it will be next year when the Lakers take it right back from the Spurs.

Don't fear Laker fans this is just one small stumble on the road to many more championships!!

To spurs and their fans enjoy while it last, because next year we are reclaiming what is rightfully ours.

GO LAKERS!!
2003-2004 champions, for chick even if it's a year late
win4chick

Re: Sad finality this year, they'll be back next year

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 17, 2003 2:24 am

win4chick wrote:It was a sad end yesterday to the Lakers fourth run, but if this year should teach the Lakers a lesson is that you can't flip the switch every year. You have to take the regular season seriously and it should teach Buss that in order to compete he has to open up his checkbook. Yes it was a sad loss, but think of how sweet it will be next year when the Lakers take it right back from the Spurs.

Don't fear Laker fans this is just one small stumble on the road to many more championships!!

To spurs and their fans enjoy while it last, because next year we are reclaiming what is rightfully ours.

GO LAKERS!!

Thank you!! Please register here!! I'm luvin ya already!! We owe Chick another, and dont u worry it's gonna come sooner than what u think! :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Re: Sad finality this year, they'll be back next year

Postby Guest on Sat May 17, 2003 7:56 am

win4chick wrote:It was a sad end yesterday to the Lakers fourth run, but if this year should teach the Lakers a lesson is that you can't flip the switch every year. You have to take the regular season seriously and it should teach Buss that in order to compete he has to open up his checkbook. Yes it was a sad loss, but think of how sweet it will be next year when the Lakers take it right back from the Spurs.

GO LAKERS!!

yeah!
greatly said
lakers will win it all agian next year no doubt
but thats not all
kobe and shaq are mad
look for the lakers to have the best regular season record and vreak ou tthe brooms in the playoffs
especailly to the spurs
chick, hang on in there, we're coming! :man12:

Postby Bulls Fan on Sat May 17, 2003 11:36 am

You guys wanna know pain? Why are you crying?

Imagine if your team won 6 finals in 8 years...3 peating..twice...getting a record of having the most wins in an NBA season (72-10)...1998 World Champions...then all of a sudden...your star player leaves...the co-star leaves...the coach leaves...even Luc [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] Longley left. In 1998 I believe they went 61-21 or something along those lines...and the next season (after the strike) they went 17-65...worst franchise record.

My friends...NOW THATS what you call sad.

Moral: Dont worry..be happy...at least everyone on your team stuck around.
Bulls Fan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 17, 2003 6:59 pm

Bulls Fan wrote:You guys wanna know pain? Why are you crying?

Imagine if your team won 6 finals in 8 years...3 peating..twice...getting a record of having the most wins in an NBA season (72-10)...1998 World Champions...then all of a sudden...your star player leaves...the co-star leaves...the coach leaves...even Luc [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] Longley left. In 1998 I believe they went 61-21 or something along those lines...and the next season (after the strike) they went 17-65...worst franchise record.

I feel ur pain!!! :man6:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Slayer Alstarx on Sat May 17, 2003 8:03 pm

Bulls Fan wrote:You guys wanna know pain? Why are you crying?

I bet that sucked bigtime!
Slayer Alstarx

Return to Lakers Discussion