My Crystal Ball

My Crystal Ball

Postby Laker brain on Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:19 pm

I think the Lakers should really think about the future, especially if they want to keep Kobe happy. If I know Kobe, he wants to win championships, he wants to surpass MJ as the best baller ever. The thing that separates Kobe and his Lakers and MJ and his bulls was the depth of the teams. Yet the Lakers find themselves in great position to win championships. This shows us how great Kobe and Shaq are, even with mediocre players surrounding us.
Look at the Kings, they can still win w/out one of their stars, because they have a deep bench, During Practice games the kings get good competitions going because they have a quality bench, same with the Spurs. As long as the Lakers continue to have poor bench production, the Laker Starters will wear themselves out in the regular season, and by the time the play-offs start, injuries may plague us. The Lakers need to beat up teams so Kobe and Shaq can rest, and not have to play as much minutes, just like the bulls did.
I also think that the Lakers need to stop playing catch up, trying to come back from a 10 point deficit, and just go out and beat teams and develop a killer instinct. Look for the lakers to have that killer instinct next season.

Here are my predictions

Shaq- All Star MVP,NBA 1st Team, MVP (regular season)
Kobe- MVP (Finals), NBA 1st team, 1st Team Defensive.

Record 72-10 (tie the bulls record)

First Round we beat Rockets
Second Round we beat Trailblazers
WCF we beat the Spurs
Championship- Lakers beat Pistons

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are things to expect

Kobe has more 50 point games
Shaq to be in better condition
Kobe to Shaq are, even with mediocre players surrounding us.
Look at the Kings, they can still win w/out one of their stars, because they have a deep bench, During Practice games the kings get good competitions going because they have a quality bench, same with the Spurs. As long as the Lakers continue to have poor bench production, the Laker Starters will wear themselves out in the regular season, and by the time the play-offs start, injuries may plague us. The Lakers need to beat up teams so Kobe and Shaq can rest, and not have to play as much minutes, just like the bulls did.
I also think that the Lakers need to stop playing catch up, trying to come back from a 10 point deficit, and just go out and beat teams and develop a killer instinct. Look for the lakers to have that killer instinct next season.

Here are my predictions

Shaq- All Star MVP,NBA 1st Team, MVP (regular season)
Kobe- MVP (Finals), NBA 1st team, 1st Team Defensive.

Record 72-10 (tie the bulls record)

First Round we beat Rockets
Second Round we beat Trailblazers
WCF we beat the Spurs
Championship- Lakers beat Pistons

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are things to expect

Kobe has more 50 point games
Shaq to be in better condition
Kobe to make more 3pters
Kobe to improve his footwork
Lakers to sweep the Spurs
Lakers adding players at 1, 3, 4, and 5
Lakers to start off 18-0
Lakers to be favorites
Lakers to make a trade before the deadline
Kobe to get a little bigger, maybe 230lbs (getting married does that)
Kobe to work on post-moves
Kobe to study Bruce Bowen, and destroy him next year.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any body agree or disagree??

Comments are welcome
Laker brain

Postby Snakell Beast on Tue Jun 17, 2003 7:50 pm

Kobe already IS 230 lbs. He came into camp and put on 20 lbs and before camp he weighed in between 210 and 215 so he might weigh as much as 235...I do think he should get to 250 though, because then he can play anywhere from SG to PF....
Snakell Beast

Postby pltan on Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:03 pm

What does your little crystal ball say about the Kings? Who takes them out of the playoffs?

Oh yes....WHO are we definitely going to be adding?
pltan

Postby Snakell Beast on Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:43 pm

I don't think its one of those crystal balls that can actually predict anything, its the kind that just tells you things you've already picked up for yourself...
Snakell Beast

:

Postby JSM on Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:33 pm

If Kobe did bulk up to 250 and knew how to use his weight, that extra versatility could prove quite helpful next season.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Snakell Beast on Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:48 pm

Exactly why I say he should, he would have the shooting, verticle and speed of a guard, the defense and fundamentals of a small forward and the size and strength of a power forward...lethal combination...
Snakell Beast

Postby BDG on Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:37 pm

I disagree with a couple of your predictions.
Kobe to get a little bigger, maybe 230lbs (getting married does that)

In case you haven't noticed, I believe Kobe is married to BASKETBALL. I think Vanessa understands that Kobe lives for basketball and I don't see his effort decreasing at all.

Kobe to study Bruce Bowen, and destroy him next year.

Destroy him next year? I think Kobe's already accomplished that goal. Bruce may have had one or two games against Kobe, but there is NO Kobe Stopper. He can't deal with #8.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Return to Lakers Discussion