Cuban you mad???

Re: Cuban you mad???

Postby 432J on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:17 pm

:man10:

poor mark is still mad about the odom trade and the fact that the mavs failed to land howard or williams this offseason. he fails to realize that if the 04 lakers had stayed healthy the entire season, it would have been completely different. like someone said earlier, how does it feel winning 60+ games and losing in the first round to the freakin warriors? :man10:
432J

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:43 pm

This will be Cube's face after we kick the Mavs a** on opening night.

Texas Lakers Fan

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:02 pm

Lakers: 16
Mark Cuban: 1

Mark can hate all he wants while we keep winning. :mhihi:
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby Phil XI on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:54 pm

KBJelleyBean24 wrote:Lakers: 16
Mark Cuban: 1

Mark can hate all he wants while we keep winning. :mhihi:

And specifically, since Cuban became owner in Jan 2000...

Laker have 5 Titles and have participated in 7 of the 13 NBA Finals. No wonder you mad little Mark.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:56 pm

lakerswiz wrote:Dat. GIF.

You can visibly see his body being angry. Not even just his personality. That dude's pores are angry. His nose is pissed. He doesn't even have lips. Look at his mouth! His lips have retreated they're so mad.

And I love it.

I don't think you could represent someone being angry better than this GIF does. It's just PERFECT.

His blood pressure is probably 200 over 120 right about there.....ready to blow a gasket. Yep all summer long :man10: ....and it won't get any better once the season is under way. Dirk is going to be wanting out likely in my opinion for his last years.
LTLakerFan

Postby The Original 81 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:28 pm

I mean, sure, whatever helps you sleep at night Mark.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby BadCoaching on Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:02 am

therealdeal wrote:
However, Cuban cited recent history as proof that offseason splashes don’t guarantee postseason celebrations. “The Lakers have done this before. Gary Payton and Karl Malone and Kobe and Shaq were all together, and it didn’t work,” said Cuban, referring to the 2003-04 Lakers who lost in the Finals while responding to a fan’s question about so-called super teams Monday. “It takes great chemistry. ... It takes guys wanting to be there. I don’t know if all their guys want to be there.” ESPN.com

Let's just go down the line, checking who clearly wants to be here and why:
Steve Nash- took less money to be here for his kids and play for a ring. Check.
Kobe Bryant- has stated he's going to retire a Laker, wants more rings. Check.
Ron Artest- came here for less money, has spent all summer slimming down to play here. Check.
Pau Gasol- released a freaking video about how glad he was to be here at the deadline. Check.
Dwight Howard- has stated he wants to be here long term, finally out of Orlando, smile on his face. Check.
Steve Blake- plays hard even given his limitations as a player, good locker room guy. Check.
Jodie Meeks- took less dough, direct quote on LA: "it's not always about money, it's about winning." Check.
Devin Ebanks- wouldn't sign until he was sure he wouldn't be traded so that he could stay. Check.
Antawn Jamison- took WAY less money to come here and compete for a ring. Check.
Jordan Hill- took less money to stay in LA because he wanted to be here. Check.
Chris Duhon- who cares? He's not likely to play much, he's here because we had to take him.
Andrew Goudelock- playing for respect, minutes, and to stay on the team (motivated for LA). Check.
Darius Johnson-Odom- not on the team, but playing to make the roster (motivated for LA). Check.
Earl Clark- trying to stay in the NBA, but really isn't expected to play at all.
Robert Sacre- young, wants to prove himself, knows his spot, wants to be an NBA player. Check.

Everyone except Duhon and Clark have a reason to be here and want to be here. Our rotation players especially are all here because they want to be here. Shove it Cuban.

Yep.. that pretty well sums it up.
BadCoaching

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:37 am

BigDan24 wrote:And i love how he says 04 didn't work. We still made it to the Finals and with Malone beeing healthy it would have been a different series against Detroit.

You know what's the definition of "didn't work"?
When you win 67 reg season games and then loose in the first round of the Playoffs.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Quik Z06 on Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:27 am

Lol, like I posted on another forum...Haters gonna hate!!! :man10:
Quik Z06

Postby lakersStan24 on Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:41 am

ShowtimeACB wrote:Yet again, dear Mark, thanks for the trade where,m as u said, u got the 2nd best Laker player, we couldn´t have make it without you.

U seemed so happy those days, helped screwing our Paul trade, thinking u robbed us in that trade...aaaaaah, u gotta love Karma.

Have some tequila Avion and enjoy this time off, once the season starts the joy will be over.

:jam2: :bow:
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby jonnyshevanel on Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:19 am

That's an easy and lazy comparison to make, considering Malone and Payton were much further along in their careers than Howard, and Nash is a different story than either of them.
jonnyshevanel

Postby Congo Cash on Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:55 pm

Your just sour because you destroyed your team for a chance to get Dwight/Deron and it blew up in front of you, what a [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] idiot...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby noobiew on Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:58 pm

From Deron, Nash and Dwight to Kaman, Mayo, Brand and Collison, of course he's mad :man10:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby Maluco Beleza on Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:09 pm

how can you guys talk crap to him? his team swept us and killed our chances for a 3peat...

he can talk all he wants unless you guys forget that a whoopin his team gave us??????
Maluco Beleza

Postby D.B. Cooper on Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:36 pm

Maluco Beleza wrote:how can you guys talk crap to him? his team swept us and killed our chances for a 3peat...

he can talk all he wants unless you guys forget that a whoopin his team gave us??????

He's not talking about 2011, he's talking about 2004 and our current roster.
D.B. Cooper

Postby ben_ready on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:46 pm

We got him now, and he's acting like he wasn't trying to get deron saying it would have ate the cap lol if he lands any of the big names it would do that. All sour grapes yell™
great "scott"! you're too "green", and not "worthy" enough to taste the "magic" "kareem"(cream)/You flew the "coop" "west" so don't fuss just drive the "buss"(bus),while i eat my "chick" n' "stu"(chicken stew) in the aisle,"back 2 back" with "riles" my favorite laker squad
ben_ready

Postby Tobias Funke on Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:35 pm

Simmons commented that the ending up on the Lakers were the absolute perfect situation and fit for Dwight, but I think that the entire team is a really great fit overall. The players really counter each others' weaknesses, and it should make the chemistry on the team even better.

Clutch play, mental toughness, physical toughness, length, skill, athleticism, leadership, defense, offense, youth, experience, discipline, focus etc ... What one guy lacks, one of the other guys excel at it. And with everyone on the team from top to bottom having that hunger for a title, it's gonna be a beautiful thing to watch come together.

Cuban's gonna be pissed.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby The Rock on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:24 am

After watching the Dodgers pleeeeeeeeeeeeease I hope this team doesn't screw up LOL all that talent, experience, all stars, world champions and just bleh

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:31 am

Maluco Beleza wrote:how can you guys talk crap to him? his team swept us and killed our chances for a 3peat...

well that is easy:

1: His team stopped us from getting a 3-peat which means we already had B2B Championships.
2: The team that stopped us went on to win th Championship (his one and only)
3: That was our fourth year being contenders after going to the Finals 3 straight years.
4: We reloaded after not playing for a ring for two years to be favorites (again)
5: Cuban put his money on the table and Mitch called him, took his girlfriend, drove his car, spanked his kid, ate at the most expensive places in the world and called Mark and said "B.... pay for this".
6: We are the Lakers and they are not.
7: (and biggest one of all) Cuban is mad
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:53 am

The Rock wrote:After watching the Dodgers pleeeeeeeeeeeeease I hope this team doesn't screw up LOL all that talent, experience, all stars, world champions and just bleh

The one thing I love about basketball is that, unlike football&baseball, nothing is left to chance.
The best team (usually) wins. Once in a while a team like the Pistons or the Mavs will sneak one in, but for the most part it's usually the most talented team that wins the chip.
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby lakersStan24 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:44 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:

well that is easy:

1: His team stopped us from getting a 3-peat which means we already had B2B Championships.
3: That was our fourth year being contenders after going to the Finals 3 straight years.
4: We reloaded after not playing for a ring for two years to be favorites (again)
5: Cuban put his money on the table and Mitch called him, took his girlfriend, drove his car, spanked his kid, ate at the most expensive places in the world and called Mark and said "B.... pay for this".

Well Said!
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby abeer3 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:45 am

cuban's just trying to sell tickets, generate interest in his team and league. what's he supposed to say? "we tried to get dwill and nash and failed, and that may or may not have cost a chance at dwight. we aren't winning another title before dirk retires unless guys who haven't been successful on other teams suddenly morph into allstars overnight. please renew your season tickets."

cuban knows damn well that the fans and media love the payton/malone references and don't bother with the facts (that team was really freaking good and would have won it all had malone not gone down in the finals), so it's an effective rallying cry. fact is, all of the teams in recent years that have put together a collection of veteran talent like this have won. if the lakers are the first not to do it, cuban gets to claim genius status. if not, no biggie; history will rewrite it as inevitable and thus unimpressive.

it's easy to win a rhetorical battle against goliath. real battles on the other hand....
abeer3

Postby The Rock on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:16 pm

KBJelleyBean24 wrote:
The Rock wrote:After watching the Dodgers pleeeeeeeeeeeeease I hope this team doesn't screw up LOL all that talent, experience, all stars, world champions and just bleh

The one thing I love about basketball is that, unlike football&baseball, nothing is left to chance.
The best team (usually) wins. Once in a while a team like the Pistons or the Mavs will sneak one in, but for the most part it's usually the most talented team that wins the chip.

I hear you man but I cant help it especially considering who the manager/coach are. Mattingly and Mike Brown are poor strategists they remind me of each other, their adjustments dont work much at all and they tend to undertilize players who can help.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby therealdeal on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:35 pm

Tobias Funke wrote:Simmons commented that the ending up on the Lakers were the absolute perfect situation and fit for Dwight, but I think that the entire team is a really great fit overall. The players really counter each others' weaknesses, and it should make the chemistry on the team even better.

Clutch play, mental toughness, physical toughness, length, skill, athleticism, leadership, defense, offense, youth, experience, discipline, focus etc ... What one guy lacks, one of the other guys excel at it. And with everyone on the team from top to bottom having that hunger for a title, it's gonna be a beautiful thing to watch come together.

Cuban's gonna be pissed.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:38 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:

well that is easy:

Number 5 made me laugh. :bow:

The thought of Mitch, mitch-slapping the s*** out of his kid, playing in my head is hilarious.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion