Cuban you mad???

Cuban you mad???

Postby Balance&Options24 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:00 am

Earl K. Sneed‏@EKS_MavsNBA

Cuban just compared the Nash-Howard acquisitions for the Lakers to the Payton-Malone additions. "And it didn't work."

Retweet

Favorite
yesterday at the Mavericks intro of their new players.
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Re: Cuban you mad???

Postby nameant on Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:08 am

We know you're upset Mark...you can keep lying to yourself about this if you want but you're just making yourself look dumb.
nameant

Postby ShowtimeACB on Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:21 am

Yet again, dear Mark, thanks for the trade where,m as u said, u got the 2nd best Laker player, we couldn´t have make it without you.

U seemed so happy those days, helped screwing our Paul trade, thinking u robbed us in that trade...aaaaaah, u gotta love Karma.

Have some tequila Avion and enjoy this time off, once the season starts the joy will be over.
[img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0as8tDg391rpeq3xo1_400.jpg/img]
ShowtimeACB

Postby kray28 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:33 am

Cuban thought he'd fleeced us...first by lobbying for/endorsing the trade veto, then by taking Lamar off our hands. He thought he'd killed three birds with one stone. Even gloated about it on the radio, "Thank you very much".

Now he's the one eating the plate of crow.
kray28

Postby last stand on Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:36 am

Mitch should send him a thank you email.
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby nerdox on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:05 am

Denial is the first stage of grief. :man13:

He'll move quickly to Anger by the season opener. :man10:
nerdox

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:10 am

Malone and GP didn't work for that one season they were here (Lost in Finals) true, but......

How about bringing in a dominant center is his prime? How has that worked out for us in the past Mr.Cubes?

I'd be bitter to, if I sold out on my championship team, promised the fans D12/DWill and ended up with neither and a bunch of role players as "key" additions to a team that looks like a jumbled up fantasy team.
Last edited by Doc Brown on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby BigDan24 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:11 am

And i love how he says 04 didn't work. We still made it to the Finals and with Malone beeing healthy it would have been a different series against Detroit.

You know what's the definition of "didn't work"?
When you win 67 reg season games and then loose in the first round of the Playoffs.
BigDan24

Postby The Laker Link on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:15 am

I don't see the connection other than the 4 all-star line-up thing.

Nash is probably as old as Payton but Dwight is not as old as Malone.....so this is a COMPLETELY different experience that will take place.
The Laker Link

Postby karacha on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:48 am

Not to mention Nash is better then Payton was back then. And Howard is a lot younger then Carl, and more athletic. And even with Shaq-Kobe feud and Gary being as anti-triangle as it gets, we ended up in the NBA finals, losing to Detroit because Malone had that knee injury.

On the other hand, Cuban got Lamar... that worked really well. :mhihi:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:55 am

Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:07 am

Didn't work? We made it to the Finals that year, where were the Mavs? At home, that's right. And we would have won it, had Malone not been injured. As dysfunctional as that team was thanks to the Kobe and Shaq feud, for them still to make it to the Finals and be a healthy Malone away from a 'ship, I think that says a whole hell of a lot.

This .gif sums up perfectly what he's been doing all summer...

Spoiler:

And on to the comparison, it's like apples and oranges. Cuban is very, very bitter. He was able to steal one center from us this summer though, so I'll give him that. It wasn't Dwight, but I guess Mbenga will have to do.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby John3:16 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:30 am

Cuban has built a nice team after losing out on DWill and DHoward. So yeah, he's bitter. Question is, when isn't he?
John3:16

Postby Tobias Funke on Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:34 am

Doc Brown wrote:Malone and GP didn't work for that one season they were here (Lost in Finals) true, but......

How about bringing in a dominant center is his prime? How has that worked out for us in the past Mr.Cubes?

I'd be bitter to, if I sold out on my championship team, promised the fans D12/DWill and ended up with neither and a bunch of role players as "key" additions to a team that looks like a jumbled up fantasy team.

Exactly, he made a big power move to get D-Will and Dwight (and Im sure he's still doing blood sacrifices daily in hopes that Dwight somehow leaves LA and goes to Dallas next season), and failed miserably. Now he's all salty.

Matter of fact, if I remember correctly, D-Will re-signed a day or two before we got Nash, so I wouldnt be surprised if he was trying to work something out last minute to get Nash again.

He did a manage to scrape together a respectable team after failing though, but still the best he can realistically hope for is a 2nd round exit.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby bystander on Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:44 am

Edit: Oops, already posted.

Anyway, here's another one

pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby khmrP on Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:46 am

gota love this guy, he destroyed his championship squad in hopes of landing Deron and when that doesn't happen he says they're better off w/o Deron :man10: and now this :freak2:
khmrP

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:02 pm

Poor mark
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby gcclaker on Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:30 pm

It takes guards at least more than one season to really learn the Tri yet Payton went on to say that Jackson was one of his favorite coaches he ever played for. Malone? One answer: Scot Williams.
Nor can the Lakers get blamed for always making the right decisions over decades. At some point its not just luck or "gamble", its superior management and superior ownership.
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby ben_ready on Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:00 pm

Can't believe anybody entertains that idiot Mark Cuban. The guy has always been a whiny grade a scumbag. He's the type of guy to hate the next guy for doing something publicly but privately, he's planning to do the same. Screw em yell™
great "scott"! you're too "green", and not "worthy" enough to taste the "magic" "kareem"(cream)/You flew the "coop" "west" so don't fuss just drive the "buss"(bus),while i eat my "chick" n' "stu"(chicken stew) in the aisle,"back 2 back" with "riles" my favorite laker squad
ben_ready

Postby pound4pound1 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:05 pm

i hope Dwight's ready for opening night and that Cuban is in attendance
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Thenextgreat on Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:55 pm

Cuban acts like a spoilled child
Thenextgreat

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:11 pm

However, Cuban cited recent history as proof that offseason splashes don’t guarantee postseason celebrations. “The Lakers have done this before. Gary Payton and Karl Malone and Kobe and Shaq were all together, and it didn’t work,” said Cuban, referring to the 2003-04 Lakers who lost in the Finals while responding to a fan’s question about so-called super teams Monday. “It takes great chemistry. ... It takes guys wanting to be there. I don’t know if all their guys want to be there.” ESPN.com

sooo Cuban...who doesn't want to be here? lets see:

Nash - If not for a ring definitely for his Kids
Kobe - :man10: Obviously
MWP - Obviously...the only guy besides Kobe last season who showed up EVERY game.
Pau - Never wanted to leave...
Dwight - Are you kidding me? duh! of course he does. have you seen how happy he is...
Meeks - took less money to come here...he wants to play for a ring with these guys
Jaminson - signing for vet min is proof enough that he wants to be here
Hill - took less money to resign and obviously liked it here when he played
Blake - never had any reason to think he doesnt want to be here...? brown likes him...
Ebanks - obviously does now that he'll be the only backup SF and will get to play. he wants to be here

STFU Cuban...go cry in a corner bc you blew up your championship team, lost kidd, and left Dirk (who is an amazing player) with nothing for the last 2 years of his career. Cuban won a championship and then threw his team out the window so it wouldnt cost him $. idiot
Ariza3

Postby therealdeal on Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:39 pm

However, Cuban cited recent history as proof that offseason splashes don’t guarantee postseason celebrations. “The Lakers have done this before. Gary Payton and Karl Malone and Kobe and Shaq were all together, and it didn’t work,” said Cuban, referring to the 2003-04 Lakers who lost in the Finals while responding to a fan’s question about so-called super teams Monday. “It takes great chemistry. ... It takes guys wanting to be there. I don’t know if all their guys want to be there.” ESPN.com

Let's just go down the line, checking who clearly wants to be here and why:
Steve Nash- took less money to be here for his kids and play for a ring. Check.
Kobe Bryant- has stated he's going to retire a Laker, wants more rings. Check.
Ron Artest- came here for less money, has spent all summer slimming down to play here. Check.
Pau Gasol- released a freaking video about how glad he was to be here at the deadline. Check.
Dwight Howard- has stated he wants to be here long term, finally out of Orlando, smile on his face. Check.
Steve Blake- plays hard even given his limitations as a player, good locker room guy. Check.
Jodie Meeks- took less dough, direct quote on LA: "it's not always about money, it's about winning." Check.
Devin Ebanks- wouldn't sign until he was sure he wouldn't be traded so that he could stay. Check.
Antawn Jamison- took WAY less money to come here and compete for a ring. Check.
Jordan Hill- took less money to stay in LA because he wanted to be here. Check.
Chris Duhon- who cares? He's not likely to play much, he's here because we had to take him.
Andrew Goudelock- playing for respect, minutes, and to stay on the team (motivated for LA). Check.
Darius Johnson-Odom- not on the team, but playing to make the roster (motivated for LA). Check.
Earl Clark- trying to stay in the NBA, but really isn't expected to play at all.
Robert Sacre- young, wants to prove himself, knows his spot, wants to be an NBA player. Check.

Everyone except Duhon and Clark have a reason to be here and want to be here. Our rotation players especially are all here because they want to be here. Shove it Cuban.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby purp n gold on Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:42 pm

It's clear, Mitch mind****ed Cuban with the Odom/TPE deal... but months and millions of dollars later he realized he got played by us. He mad.

He thought he was getting Deron and Dwight, and now he has Darren Collison and the 2006 Clippers frontcourt :man10:
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:14 pm

BigDan24 wrote:And i love how he says 04 didn't work. We still made it to the Finals and with Malone beeing healthy it would have been a different series against Detroit.

You know what's the definition of "didn't work"?
When you win 67 reg season games and then loose in the first round of the Playoffs.

Exactly...
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion